NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

President Donald Trump

+7
Fred Moletrousers
Major
'Wolfie
Original Quill
Eilzel
eddie
Independent Thoughts
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

President Donald Trump Empty President Donald Trump

Post by Independent Thoughts Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:06 pm

The United States' 45th President is the first President to have never served public office.  We finally have a non-politician in the Oval Office, guys!  Who's excited? Smile
Liberals, Conservatives, and (most importantly!) Independents can rejoice and look forward to a much better and positive future.

Not only did we get a President that understands business, but we got the hottest, ever, First Lady in the deal, as well.  I never would have ever imagined myself using the words "hottie" and "First Lady" in the same sentence, but...  there it is!

President Donald Trump Trumpmelania_20170120_174836

He's sworn in, so quit the wishful thinking and crying, Liberals.  Get with the program and become part of the solution.

Independent Thoughts
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

President Donald Trump Empty Re: President Donald Trump

Post by eddie Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:07 pm

You keep saying you are a fence-sitter but you certainly look like a Trump-thumper to me.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:14 pm

eddie wrote:You keep saying you are a fence-sitter but you certainly look like a Trump-thumper to me.

I think from the point of view of Independent, is that Trump is not a Republican.
In a way I agree, as trump is further right, more comparable to the Tea Party

I think within 18 months, most Trump supporters will become most vocal against him, as he has made countless false promises, of which he was never going to keep. Mainly as he is a conman. I even think its possible that he will be charged at some point for collaboration with the Russians over his Presidential campaign. It would be ineffectual now, as most of his supporters would believe it to be a stitch up. What sadly needs to happen is for people to see that he is nothing more than incompetent. Then when he loses support, nobody is going to claim a setup if he is found guilty.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:15 pm

Say he was outed, booted out of office, what would happen then?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:18 pm

eddie wrote:Say he was outed, booted out of office, what would happen then?

Someone else would be sworn in as president

Its happened before Eddie

http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/History/presidents/Presidents_38_Ford.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:21 pm

Oh yes I've heard of that, thanks didge. So who would be sworn in, the Vice President?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:22 pm

eddie wrote:Oh yes I've heard of that, thanks didge. So who would be sworn in, the Vice President?

No idea, normally it would be the Vice President Eddie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:07 am

In this case the VP would be little better...

Trump's speech was a mix of jingoism, clinches and sweet nothing. Easy, pointless and overall meaningless. IT do you seriously think this attention seeking billionaire really gives a damn about the American people?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:03 am

The 45th slot is an empty hole. Trump is a minority president, so he doesn't count.

The Kremlin is calling the shots anyway.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:57 am

Cool

@ Most Humble Lordy "Independent" Thoughts :

Even after this new gloating thread --  I have yet to see any evidence that you have actually had a genuine 'thought' in you short life --  let alone a truly 'independent' thought...
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:26 am

Lord Independent Thoughts wrote:The United States' 45th President is the first President to have never served public office.  We finally have a non-politician in the Oval Office, guys!  Who's excited? Smile
Liberals, Conservatives, and (most importantly!) Independents can rejoice and look forward to a much better and positive future.

Not only did we get a President that understands business, but we got the hottest, ever, First Lady in the deal, as well.  I never would have ever imagined myself using the words "hottie" and "First Lady" in the same sentence, but...  there it is!

President Donald Trump Trumpmelania_20170120_174836

He's sworn in, so quit the wishful thinking and crying, Liberals.  Get with the program and become part of the solution.

fantastic I'm happy for Americans that voted for him- nothing the losers can do he is their President Smile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:24 pm

Major wrote:My money is on DT to generally improve things for decent, legal USA citizens.

Give him a chance.

Agree

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:43 pm

Original Quill wrote:The 45th slot is an empty hole.  Trump is a minority president, so he doesn't count.

With the greatest of respect, he most certainly DOES count...because he was democratically elected as President under the prevailing United States electoral system.

I gather that you are a Democrat; do you not believe in democracy?

Were the position reversed and had Hillary Clinton won albeit with a lower "popular vote", you would now be celebrating a great victory - right?

I suspect that all democracies have their flaws...the UK certainly does with our first-past-the-post system...but quite frankly the losers cannot pick up their toys and go home in a huff simply because they don't like losing.

Now I don't like Trump. I have never liked Trump. He scares me, as an ally and staunch supporter of the USA, almost as much as Barry Goldwater scared me as someone in uniform more years ago than I care to remember.

I certainly wouldn't have voted for him...but millions of Americans did so, and I respect their right to elect the man or woman they think offers them the best hope for their future.

To do otherwise would be to be guilty of supreme arrogance.

Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:23 pm

How can you call something democratic when the minority wins?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:37 pm

The minority didn't win from what I heard and read, perhaps you take the chip of your shoulder.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:38 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:How can you call something democratic when the minority wins?

Take that up with your electoral college. It's a bit late to be complaining about it now.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:47 am

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Original Quill wrote:The 45th slot is an empty hole.  Trump is a minority president, so he doesn't count.

With the greatest of respect, he most certainly DOES count...because he was democratically elected as President under the prevailing United States electoral system.

But that's an oxymoron Fred, because the US is not a democracy in the presidential cycle.  He was not democratically selected...he lost by nearly 3-million votes.

Fred wrote:I certainly wouldn't have voted for him...but millions of Americans did so, and I respect their right to elect the man or woman they think offers them the best hope for their future.

This is going to be an interesting test of democracy in America...and I mean Congress and the Senate, which are democratic.  Almost anything Trump tries to do will get him in trouble.  Trouble with the Republicans when they move to vacate 20-million healthcare policies. Trouble in the Senate where he has only a 3-vote margin;will he be backed in the Senate by "Lyin' Ted" Cruz or "Little Marco" Rubio or the 'Captured Coward' John McCain?  He will have trouble with being a puppet of the Russians.  Trouble when he tries to lie under oath in the lawsuit recently brought by Gloria Allred over his pussy-grabbing of a young woman--Clinton got impeached for lying under oath.  Trouble with his own base what with not fulfilling his own promises to drain the swamp and build a wall.  Trouble when he brings on the next Great Depression.

Mainly, the trouble will come from the fact that he is 3-million votes down in the popularity count.  Congress will have to take that into account.  Remember...every Congressman is up for reelection next year.  With a narrow 3-vote margin in the Senate, and Congress rolled over next year...impeachment is not a remote possibility.  

Trust me...all the weird things are happening that can happen with these days.  Even the language of politics has changed--we can now talk about women's pussies and our rubbish military and make jokes about disabled people.  All the icons are vulnerable.  I wouldn't trust this population will be a steady force anyone can rely on.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:18 am

Fred Moletrousers wrote:

I gather that you are a Democrat; do you not believe in democracy?

Were the position reversed and had Hillary Clinton won albeit with a lower "popular vote", you would now be celebrating a great victory - right?

I suspect that all democracies have their flaws...the UK certainly does with our first-past-the-post system...but quite frankly the losers cannot pick up their toys and go home in a huff simply because they don't like losing.

Now I don't like Trump. I have never liked Trump. He scares me, as an ally and staunch supporter of the USA, almost as much as Barry Goldwater scared me as someone in uniform more years ago than I care to remember.

I certainly wouldn't have voted for him...but millions of Americans did so, and I respect their right to elect the man or woman they think offers them the best hope for their future.

But Fred, how can it be democracy when the person with less votes can end up winning and being elected in a national vote? I have heard this argument so many times and I am sorry but you do realise that Hitler was elected with a minority also and based on the system was allowed to gain power. Respecting that vote led to the deaths of 60 million people.

Remember that the US has a very backward system for electing a President which does not constitutes as what is democratic, when as stated The person who has less votes can end up winning. People are voting nationally for someone to lead the nation and they instead divide the vote around local state boundaries to a national election for someone to lead the nation. So I would question the term democratic being used here. There is already elections for senators, state side. Yet the system denies for a democratic winner, because you can have the most votes nationally and still lose in a vote to elect a national leader.

Also are you telling me many Republican supporters accepted Obama being President?
The answer is no they did not and if they could have, they would have looked to have stopped his Presidency

I like you, respect the right to elect the person they think best will serve the country. That does not mean people have to like it or sit back and do nothing, or have you forgotten the winter of discontent?

Just as democracy can bring about of a vote of confidence in people, so a can show of no confidence in someone can bring about their downfall. To say you have to respect a decision, when it can effect your life, place your life and family in danger. Is wrong to say people should just accept that vote decision. Its not disrespecting democracy for standing up for your beliefs and fighting (by peaceful means) to bring about change. Even more so when we are talking about a minority of a nation that backs this person to lead.

231.5 million were eligible to vote

62.9 million people voted for Trump
65.8 million people voted for Clinton

178 million did not vote for Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:36 am

nicko wrote:The minority didn't win from what I heard and read,   perhaps you take the chip of your shoulder.

Trump got 3 million fewer votes than Clinton.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:39 am

Thorin, check out the relationship between the Electoral College and slavery. The regressive politicians have managed to keep it in place.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:45 am

Ben if you think you can change the result go ahead but good luck with it - I really don't see any point in all this complaining .

I'd really like to see what would happen if the result is changed . I think you may have a civil war .

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:46 am

If it had been the other way round, and Trump had lost but won the popular vote, would the complainers still be complaining?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:47 am

This administration could destroy America. I am not exaggerating. The tools are in place for Trump to rig every election we have from now on.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:48 am

Raggamuffin wrote:If it had been the other way round, and Trump had lost but won the popular vote, would the complainers still be complaining?

No the Trump supporters would be complaining, just as many did when Obama won twice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:51 am

Raggamuffin wrote:If it had been the other way round, and Trump had lost but won the popular vote, would the complainers still be complaining?

No just like Brexit they would be shouting loud that the result was fair and to get used to it .

I've never seen this behaviour ever in elections but with Brexit and all the losers i found it really embarrassing i couldn't believe what i was seeing - then Trump it just seems that people have been so used to getting their own way for too long they just can't accept losing .

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:52 am

I would not feel good about the election and would continue to call for the Electoral College to be abolished. But at least America would have a qualified president who was not compromised by a major rival or even enemy. Remember, normal Republican leaders like John McCain hate Putin even more than Democrats do.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:54 am

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:

No just like Brexit they would be shouting loud that the result was fair and to get used to it .

I've never seen this behaviour ever in elections but with Brexit and all the losers i found it really embarrassing i couldn't believe what i was seeing - then Trump it just seems that people have been so used to getting their own way for too long they just can't accept losing .

Hillary Clinton got 3 million more votes than Trump.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:55 am

Ben Reilly wrote:

I would not feel good about the election and would continue to call for the Electoral College to be abolished. But at least America would have a qualified president who was not compromised by a major rival or even enemy. Remember, normal Republican leaders like John McCain hate Putin even more than Democrats do.

Sometimes change is the best thing - maybe Trump will be the best thing to happen to America and then you will be happy .

He just doesn't do things like the others - why not give him a chance ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:56 am

Then you must have a short memory

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/presidential-campaign/305749-republicans-employ-double-standard-to-discredit

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:58 am

Ben Reilly wrote:

Sometimes change is the best thing - maybe Trump will be the best thing to happen to America and then you will be happy .

Why would anyone give him a chance after he said that he could just grab women by the pussy?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:59 am

Ben Reilly wrote:

But she lost because of the way your voting system works - UKIP got more votes the SNP but only won one seat . It's the way it is . If Trump doesn't do a good job then i would say you are right to be unhappy but it is the way it is for now .

I think all the complaining and protests is dividing countries . Our country is divided because of the Brexit vote and i find it really sad because families are split up friends have fallen out and it shouldn't be like that , people have a right to vote for who they think would be best for their country . Now there is a divide here and the same has happened in your country .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:01 am

Ben Reilly wrote:

Why would anyone give him a chance after he said that he could just grab women by the pussy?

Is that all you have him against him ? man talk bragging with his mates - and it was 10 years ago . How about the scandal Hilary has ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:02 am

Ben Reilly wrote:

But she lost because of the way your voting system works - UKIP got more votes the SNP but only won one seat . It's the way it is . If Trump doesn't do a good job then i would say you are right to be unhappy but it is the way it is for now .

I think all the complaining and protests is dividing countries . Our country is divided because of the Brexit vote and i find it really sad because families are split up friends have fallen out and it shouldn't be like that , people have a right to vote for who they think would be best for their country . Now there is a divide here and the same has happened in your country .

They only got one seat, because of the fact they came second locally on many seats
This was a national vote to elect a leader and is not the same thing. As UKIP were fighting to gain seats locally in an election

As I said to Fred.

But Fred, how can it be democracy when the person with less votes can end up winning and being elected in a national vote? I have heard this argument so many times and I am sorry but you do realise that Hitler was elected with a minority also and based on the system was allowed to gain power. Respecting that vote led to the deaths of 60 million people.

Remember that the US has a very backward system for electing a President which does not constitutes as what is democratic, when as stated The person who has less votes can end up winning. People are voting nationally for someone to lead the nation and they instead divide the vote around local state boundaries to a national election for someone to lead the nation. So I would question the term democratic being used here. There is already elections for senators, state side. Yet the system denies for a democratic winner, because you can have the most votes nationally and still lose in a vote to elect a national leader.

Also are you telling me many Republican supporters accepted Obama being President?
The answer is no they did not and if they could have, they would have looked to have stopped his Presidency

I like you, respect the right to elect the person they think best will serve the country. That does not mean people have to like it or sit back and do nothing, or have you forgotten the winter of discontent?

Just as democracy can bring about of a vote of confidence in people, so a can show of no confidence in someone can bring about their downfall. To say you have to respect a decision, when it can effect your life, place your life and family in danger. Is wrong to say people should just accept that vote decision. Its not disrespecting democracy for standing up for your beliefs and fighting (by peaceful means) to bring about change. Even more so when we are talking about a minority of a nation that backs this person to lead.

Thorin

View user profile Send private message

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:05 am

Ben Reilly wrote:

Is that all you have him against him ? man talk bragging with his mates - and it was 10 years ago . How about the scandal Hilary has ?

It's not all by far, and you must be stupid or living under a rock not to know that. But let's hear all about that Clinton scandal, because I guarantee that you're wrong and misinformed.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:06 am

Ben Reilly wrote:

That's right. The number of popular votes doesn't necessarily translate into a victory or a loss. That's what happened in the US with this election. The only thing they can do is try to change the system rather than complain about the winner.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:06 am

Thorin wrote:

They only got one seat, because of the fact they came second locally on many seats
This was a national vote to elect a leader and is not the same thing. As UKIP were fighting to gain seats locally in an election

As I said to Fred.

Thorin

But he won I don't see the point in the complaining .
Instead of protesting against Trump there should be a protest against the electoral college .

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:07 am

But VOD, do you think Trump is still a good person after saying he could sexually assault any woman?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:07 am

Raggamuffin wrote:

That's right. The number of popular votes doesn't necessarily translate into a victory or a loss. That's what happened in the US with this election. The only thing they can do is try to change the system rather than complain about the winner.

Of course you can stand up and fight (peacefully) to bring about a vote of no confidence in someone
Two Presidents have been impeached before in history and the things coming out about Trump, its likly to happen to him also.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:09 am

Thorin wrote:

As I said to Fred.

Thorin

But he won I don't see the point in the complaining .
Instead of protesting against Trump there should be a protest against the electoral college .

I agree the law needs to change and I also back the right of people to bring about a vote of no confidence in a President. No matter who is leading, if it greatly is going to effect their lives

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:09 am

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Of course you can stand up and fight (peacefully) to bring about a vote of no confidence in someone
Two Presidents have been impeached before in history and the things coming out about Trump, its likly to happen to him also.

Things were coming out about him before the election, and he still won. If he does something bad whilst he's President, that would be different, but he hasn't even started yet.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:12 am

Ben Reilly wrote:But VOD, do you think Trump is still a good person after saying he could sexually assault any woman?

At the time he said that i think he was a twat - but it was 10 years ago people change and he obviously did .

People do stupid things and say stupid things - Hilary and every other president have skeletons in their cupboards - nobody is perfect .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:13 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Things were coming out about him before the election, and he still won. If he does something bad whilst he's President, that would be different, but he hasn't even started yet.

He won, because his campaign of deligitmizing Clinton, was far more effective. It split the Democrat vote
Again only around a quarter of Americans eligible voted for Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:14 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Agree I hope he is the best President ever and all the haters will have to admit they were wrong . He needs a chance .

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:15 am

Ben Reilly wrote:But VOD, do you think Trump is still a good person after saying he could sexually assault any woman?

At the time he said that i think he was a twat - but it was 10 years ago people change and he obviously did .

People do stupid things and say stupid things - Hilary and every other president have skeletons in their cupboards - nobody is perfect .

He obviously did? How? How do we know he has changed?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:15 am

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

He won, because his campaign of deligitmizing Clinton, was far more effective. It split the Democrat vote

He still won what don't you get about that ?
The same here we voted to leave the EU but some find that hard to accept lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:17 am

Thorin wrote:

So he won, dos that mean people cannot stand up for themselves, when they fear that he will wreck the nation?
You forget many republicans were the same when Obama won twice.
Its never wrong for people to bring about a vote of no confidence, and the man is a conman, who has openly admitted to making false claims in his campaign speeches

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:18 am

Ben Reilly wrote:

He obviously did? How? How do we know he has changed?

You have to give him a chance - we all need a chance to prove we have changed if we have wronged someone .

How will you feel if he turns out to be the best President ever ?

Here people are trying to block us leaving the EU because they don't like change - but lets give it a chance at least and then if it fails you can come back and say ' I was right '

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:18 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Agree I hope he is the best President ever and all the haters will have to admit they were wrong . He needs a chance .

Okay, well on his first day he made it harder for people to pay off their mortgages and set the stage for Congress to deprive 18 million American citizens of health insurance. What do you think?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:19 am

Thorin wrote:

So he won, dos that mean people cannot stand up for themselves, when they fear that he will wreck the nation?
You forget many republicans were the same when Obama won twice.
Its never wrong for people to bring about a vote of no confidence, and the man is a conman, who has openly admitted to making false claims in his campaign speeches
Obama was given the chance (twice) let Trump have his chance . Only fair right ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next