NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hillary Clinton makes history as America's first-ever woman presidential nominee

5 posters

Go down

Hillary Clinton makes history as America's first-ever woman presidential nominee Empty Hillary Clinton makes history as America's first-ever woman presidential nominee

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:15 pm

Hillary Clinton clinched the Democratic presidential nomination Monday, according to CNN's delegate and superdelegate count, and will become the first woman in the 240-year history of the United States to lead the presidential ticket of a major political party.

A strong showing in Puerto Rico's Democratic primary on Sunday and additional support from superdelegates put Clinton, 68, over the top to become the presumptive nominee. She has secured 1,812 pledged delegates and 572 superdelegates for a total of 2,384 delegates -- one more than needed for the nomination.

Clinton's delegate count will grow Tuesday when six states, including delegate-rich California and New Jersey, hold contests. Speaking in Long Beach, California, on Monday, Clinton said she was still focused on the states where voters head to the polls Tuesday.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/06/politics/hillary-clinton-nomination-2016/index.html

Another proud moment for America in the battle for equality of opportunity.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Hillary Clinton makes history as America's first-ever woman presidential nominee Empty Re: Hillary Clinton makes history as America's first-ever woman presidential nominee

Post by Original Quill Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:23 pm

With the superdelegates. But in the 6 states holding primaries today, Bernie would have to win 40 delegates from each.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Hillary Clinton makes history as America's first-ever woman presidential nominee Empty Re: Hillary Clinton makes history as America's first-ever woman presidential nominee

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:55 pm

I think it sad that our first woman PM and your first woman Presidental candidate are cut from the same cloth and had and have views that don't sit well with women all over the world.  It seems you have to be more macho and warlike than the men to get there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:10 pm

If Hillary wants the steer the US into killing babies again, she's going to face pretty stiff opposition.  America is tired of being the world police.

But I see no real indication of her going in that direction.  Dr. Obama has perceptively and adroitly avoided getting the US into any new war, after getting rid of the two that Bush/Cheney started (as well as ridding the world of bin Laden).  Hillary is the closest there is to the Obama administration, and I think we can expect more of the same from her.

Plus, we need a major effort on the other defense department: healthcare, defense of the enemy in our own bodies.  If we can have a budget at least as large as the one designed to kill babies, I think we could virtually eliminate evil.  Lol.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:01 pm

Well if you don't act macho people accuse you of using your femininity to get what you want, or you are feminine so you must be stupid.
Perhaps these women are scared of being feminine.

It's not fair, is it?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:28 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Hillary Clinton clinched the Democratic presidential nomination Monday, according to CNN's delegate and superdelegate count, and will become the first woman in the 240-year history of the United States to lead the presidential ticket of a major political party.

A strong showing in Puerto Rico's Democratic primary on Sunday and additional support from superdelegates put Clinton, 68, over the top to become the presumptive nominee. She has secured 1,812 pledged delegates and 572 superdelegates for a total of 2,384 delegates -- one more than needed for the nomination.

Clinton's delegate count will grow Tuesday when six states, including delegate-rich California and New Jersey, hold contests. Speaking in Long Beach, California, on Monday, Clinton said she was still focused on the states where voters head to the polls Tuesday.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/06/politics/hillary-clinton-nomination-2016/index.html

Another proud moment for America in the battle for equality of opportunity.
There's a whole lot I like/admire/respect about HRC, and there's some questionable scratch  things that she's done - but I don't walk in her shoes - I didn't sit beside her and juggle those weighty decisions - I wasn't carrying a lap top/cell phones/black berry/ Ipad - who knows what around with me Hillary Clinton makes history as America's first-ever woman presidential nominee 2190311264 

I'm not sure I'd know what type of PERFECT candidate I could mold together if I had that option but for right now - for this time in our history - for the choices that I have in front of me; SHE IS BY FAR, THE BETTER PERSON FOR THE POTUS, hands down!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:30 pm

Well have to say, she shines against Trump, but according to the polls, Bernie would shine brighter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:38 pm

sassy wrote:I think it sad that our first woman PM and your first woman Presidental candidate are cut from the same cloth and had and have views that don't sit well with women all over the world.  It seems you have to be more macho and warlike than the men to get there.

Intelligent women are more often harshly judged {especially by the male species} then any other among us; they both loath those strong women and long to be like them.
Other women that can't comprehend what or why those women do what they do - crave the lime light and want to become the force to make changes for ALL SOCIETY are often repulsed by the strength of character and the fortitude!  So they snipe and attack the political woman's home life/marriage/way she's raised her children ...hell even their hair style/clothing choices and the way they stand!  Suspect

The 'GOSSIP' mongers had a field day with Michelle Obama's resting face - her slight over bite and the way she furrowed her brow when she was intently listening made her facial appearance look like she was 'PISSED'; the Republican party went nuts attacking her demeanor in the worst way!  Immature and asinine but that's all they had ...the Obama's marriage was strong - the two girls were 'NORMAL' and quite lovely - yet any moment they behaved like little girls the republicans ripped them up.

I'm quite sure that the way HRC prefers her pants suits to dresses will once again become fodder for those lesser thinking humans that have nothing else to write about also. No

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:43 pm

You're right of course! Us women can be intelligent, good leaders and beautifully attractive.
Well said, I agree.

And we don't have to wear trouser suits to look intelligent, we can wear a lovely dress and it doesn't affect our brains at all!

They're both lovely slim, fit women, who haven't let themselves go, so they can get away with it.

Edit: forgot these cheers geek Hillary Clinton makes history as America's first-ever woman presidential nominee 3893789544 hi fiesta etc Rolling Eyes

Last edited by eddie on Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:45 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
sassy wrote:I think it sad that our first woman PM and your first woman Presidental candidate are cut from the same cloth and had and have views that don't sit well with women all over the world.  It seems you have to be more macho and warlike than the men to get there.

Intelligent women are more often harshly judged {especially by the male species} then any other among us; they both loath those strong women and long to be like them.
Other women that can't comprehend what or why those women do what they do - crave the lime light and want to become the force to make changes for ALL SOCIETY are often repulsed by the strength of character and the fortitude!  So they snipe and attack the political woman's home life/marriage/way she's raised her children ...hell even their hair style/clothing choices and the way they stand!  Suspect

The 'GOSSIP' mongers had a field day with Michelle Obama's resting face - her slight over bite and the way she furrowed her brow when she was intently listening made her facial appearance look like she was 'PISSED'; the Republican party went nuts attacking her demeanor in the worst way!  Immature and asinine but that's all they had ...the Obama's marriage was strong - the two girls were 'NORMAL' and quite lovely - yet any moment they behaved like little girls the republicans ripped them up.

I'm quite sure that the way HRC prefers her pants suits to dresses will once again become fodder for those lesser thinking humans that have nothing else to write about also. No

I don't mind what she wears or what she looks like, I really object to her taking money from the banking sector that has ripped of the rest of the country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:57 pm

eddie wrote:Well if you don't act macho people accuse you of using your femininity to get what you want, or you are feminine so you must be stupid.
Perhaps these women are scared of being feminine.

It's not fair, is it?

That has nothing to do with my comment, so I'll pass it on to whomever it's directed.

I'm looking forward to a Democrat selecting the next 3 - 4 S. Ct. justices, and the Democrats winning an overwhelming number of downstream elections.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:20 pm

Hillary takes California with 56% vs. Sanders at 43%.

Sanders vows to press on to the Convention.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:16 pm

Just heard that Sanders plans a big staff reduction soon. Probably ramping up to conceding soon.

HRC is going to make a fine president -- she has flaws but there is no perfect candidate, and we need to stop looking for that knight on a white horse.

16 years of Democratic governance is going to be great for America. Quill pointed out how crucial it is that we keep right-wing ideologues who'd ban abortion and possibly pursue other goals, such as re-banning gay marriage, off the Supreme Court. I also hope for and anticipate seeing Clinton continue to reform our health care system, working on slowing climate change, and addressing wealth inequality.

She said something last night in her speech that really resonated with me -- "putting good schools in each of our ZIP codes." Anybody who's heard me rant about education inequality in the U.S. knows how much I care about that issue.

It was a brilliant speech, one for the history books:

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:20 pm

Yes, things happening fast. I just heard of the Sanders lay-offs too.

I have the same thoughts.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:24 am

Hillary Clinton makes history as America's first-ever woman presidential nominee IftMC6F
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:39 am

Hillary Clinton makes history as America's first-ever woman presidential nominee DNxaOxj
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Hillary Clinton makes history as America's first-ever woman presidential nominee Empty 2 things were running against Bernie: 1 was his age & 2 his consisent attacking BIG MONEY!

Post by Guest Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:29 am

2 of Bernie Sanders's biggest allies just admitted he's lost
Jun 09 2016
Clinton also gave a nod to fellow Democratic hopeful Bernie Sanders, who claimed victory in North Dakota and Montana Tuesday, congratulating him on the "extraordinary campaign he has run".
Squashing suspicions that he'd drop out of the race, Sanders told a crowd of supporters in California, "We are going to fight hard to win the primary in Washington, DC".
He told supporters in the United States city of Santa Monica that he would battle on to next month's Democratic Party convention.
Over the last week, beginning with a broadside attack on Donald Trump, Clinton has undoubtedly found her voice in a way that she has struggled to do in the past.
Senator Jeff Merkley of OR and Arizona Representative Raul Grijalva, who was a fixture alongside Mr Sanders in California, have essentially told the Vermont senator that it's time to rally behind Hillary Clinton.
Although the party won't declare its candidate until its convention in July. And so, despite the crushing California results that rolled in for him on Tuesday night, despite the insurmountable delegate math and the growing pleas that he end his quest for the White House, SenatorBernie Sanders took to the stage in Santa Monica and basked, bragged and vowed to fight on.
Our political expert, Quinnipiac Professor Khalilah Brown-Dean says Obama can also talk about the job of president, and whether the presumptive republican nominee is fit for it.
Clinton said she will take a few days to "absorb the history" that has been done but said there were still more important steps to "keep making history" in the country. "Bernie Sanders has been absolutely clear that he's going to do everything possible to beat Donald Trump".
They got on the phone as I understand it, and started hounding superdelegates to tell them in an anonymous way who they were voting for.
"Let there be no mistake", she said. As of this writing, Sanders has yet to concede to Clinton.
Eschewing his usual off-the-cuff style for prepared remarks he read from a teleprompter, Trump told supporters gathered at one of his golf courses in NY that "tonight we close one chapter in history and begin another".
Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton speaks onstage during the "Hillary Clinton: She's With Us" concert at The Greek Theatre on June 6, 2016 in Los Angeles, California.
http://nysepost.com/2-of-bernie-sanderss-biggest-allies-just-admitted-hes-lost-270188

I'll have to own up to; his age was a concern for me as well ...and if you want to do something about that 'CORPORATE GREED/WALL ST BIG MONEY' ...then keep your big mouth shut and wait until you've sealed the nomination - get elected and go after the Greedy Bat Rastards --- but to keep shooting your mouth off prior to getting the nomination Hillary Clinton makes history as America's first-ever woman presidential nominee 2190311264  Bernie - Bernie - Bernie  No

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:57 am

Hillary Clinton makes history as America's first-ever woman presidential nominee E0JpSUF
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:09 am

That's an awesome cartoon, but I think it applies a bit less to Clinton.

The thing with lefties in America -- we're as liberal as the circumstances allow, because there's always a Joseph McCarthy or George W. Bush lurking and waiting for the public mood to be right for them to get free rein.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:21 am

Good. Let's move on and work together to beat Trump.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:58 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:That's an awesome cartoon, but I think it applies a bit less to Clinton.

The thing with lefties in America -- we're as liberal as the circumstances allow, because there's always a Joseph McCarthy or George W. Bush lurking and waiting for the public mood to be right for them to get free rein.

why do americans never vote 3rd party?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:07 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:That's an awesome cartoon, but I think it applies a bit less to Clinton.

Some of us do. I voted for the Green Party in 2000, then saw George W. Bush come to power. I wish I'd have voted for Gore, though it wouldn't have made a difference, of course.

And therein lies the problem -- third parties never make a difference, so most people don't vote for them -- thus assuring they don't make a difference.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:46 am

that's what people used to say down here until the greens started making a difference and getting balance of power...

it is probably more important to vote them into congress than president though Wink
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:44 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

Some of us do. I voted for the Green Party in 2000, then saw George W. Bush come to power. I wish I'd have voted for Gore, though it wouldn't have made a difference, of course.

And therein lies the problem -- third parties never make a difference, so most people don't vote for them -- thus assuring they don't make a difference.

I voted green over here one year, and I remember my dad telling me it was a "wasted vote"
I was adamant that you should vote from the heart not from a tactical position of game-playing.
I still believe that.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:08 pm

If good ole' Bernie wants the Democrats to pull forward as a cohesive unit ...just as HRC did so graciously and bowed out for Obama, then, Bernie needs to do so now. And just SUCK IT UP and get on board.
Obama to Push for Democratic Unity in Meeting With Bernie Sanders
By Alexander Mallin 
Jun 9, 2016, 7:36 AM ET
President Obama and Sen. Bernie Sanders will meet privately in the Oval Office today, just two days after Obama effectively declared Sanders' opponent, Hillary Clinton, the winner of the Democratic primary.
Hardly two hours after the president released his Tuesday evening statement, Sanders took to a podium in California to inform supporters of his plans to stay in the race until the summer convention in Philadelphia.

In perhaps an early preview of their meeting today at the White House, Obama told fundraiser attendees in New York Wednesday night that “we just ended or sort of ended our primary season,” which begs the question over whether he will be able to convince Sanders of the same.
Other top Democratic supporters of Sanders have similarly told ABC News of their readiness to rally behind Clinton.
But the White House maintains Obama will not call on Sanders to drop out of the race, and still has not made his official endorsement of Clinton, which White House officials say is imminent.
"At this point, the president believes that Senator Sanders has more than earned the right to make his own decision about the course of his campaign," White House press secretary Josh Earnest told reporters Wednesday.
Regardless, the conversation is expected to center around shaping a new role for Sanders and his policy proposals in a party establishment roiled by the self-proclaimed Democratic socialist’s calls for a political revolution.
Sanders has been outspoken on his issues of disagreement with Clinton, saying he will stand firm on his push for the party to adopt a $15 minimum wage and paid family and medical leave as concrete platform positions.
After his meeting with Obama, Sanders will take a short trip to Capitol Hill to meet with top Democrats, including Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/obama-push-democratic-unity-meeting-bernie-sanders/story?id=39719810
Putting the countries NEEDS first is what / why Bernie ran in the first place ...now he really has to 'Put Up or Shut Up' that he wants the Democrats in office and absolutely no way what the GOP has offered UP!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:14 pm

veya_victaous wrote:

Americans are painfully aware of the fracturing effect of voting for a third-party. If we had a purely legislative (parliamentarian) system, such as in OZ and the UK, then a third-party would be absorbed by the many members, ameliorating the effect.

However, a major, perhaps the dominant component of the US government is a separate administration (Executive or Presidential Branch), which is decided by a winner-take-all method. A third party would play havoc with our system, as we have seen in 2000-year election with the addition of Ralph Nader and the Green Party. A third party serves only as a spoiler.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:38 pm

veya_victaous wrote:that's what people used to say down here until the greens started making a difference and getting balance of power...

it is probably more important to vote them into congress than president though Wink

There's also the actually strange-if-you-think-about-it fact that the Democratic and Republican parties overwhelmingly encompass the political values of most Americans. I mean, I don't know why if you support gay marriage you also accept that mankind is changing the climate, or that if you support gun rights you also think abortion is murder, but that seems to be the case for most people.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:50 pm

Yahoo Politics wrote:Obama endorses Clinton for President

President Obama formally endorsed Hillary Clinton for president Thursday, her campaign announced. The endorsement came right after after the president met with her primary rival, Sen. Bernie Sanders, at the White House.

“I don’t think there’s ever been someone so qualified to hold this office,” Obama said in a video released by Clinton’s team. “She’s got the courage, the compassion and the heart to get the job done.”

The two will campaign together in Green Bay, Wisc., Wednesday.

The president, whose national approval rating hovers around 50 percent, will be a key ally for Clinton going into the general election. Presumptive GOP nominee Donald Trump, as of now, has no former presidents campaigning for him, as both former Bush presidents have indicated they will stay out of the race.

Clinton told NPR she’s “thrilled” Obama endorsed her. “We started off as fierce competitors. We’ve ended up as true friends,” she said.

Obama has been eager to campaign openly for Clinton against Trump, but wanted to remain neutral during the Democratic primary. “I want us to run scared the whole time,” Obama told a group of donors last week in Miami, according to the New York Times.

In his endorsement, Obama congratulated Sanders on running a “great campaign” and said he believed the primary “will make the Democratic party stronger.”

Clinton gained enough pledged and unpledged delegates to become the nominee this week, but Sanders has said he will campaign at least until Washington, D.C., votes Tuesday — the final election of the primary. Sanders is under pressure to concede ahead of next month’s Democratic convention.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:02 pm

Wow that's a shocker Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:41 pm

Clinton told NPR she’s “thrilled” Obama endorsed her. “We started off as fierce competitors. We’ve ended up as true friends,” she said.
I'm not surprised ...not only is our POTUS a superior intelligent man, he's #1 Class act - he knows how to use his skills to the best of his abilities and when to step into the situation when the 'situation needs it the most'!  TIMING ...
WASHINGTON- President Barack Obama’s top aides considered replacing Vice President Joe Biden with Hillary Clinton for Obama’s 2012 re-election campaign but decided it would not significantly help, the New York Times reported on Thursday, citing a new book about the campaign.
It was often rumoured but always denied by officials that the Obama team was thinking of replacing Biden with then-Secretary of State Clinton.
According to the Times account of the book “Double Down” by journalists Mark Halperin and John Heilemann, Obama’s top aides secretly had extensive focus-group sessions and polling conducted to consider such a move.
They ultimately decided that adding Clinton would not materially improve Obama’s odds, according to the account.
The White House chief of staff at the time, William Daley, told the Times: “I was vocal about looking into a whole bunch of things, and this was one of them.”
“You have to remember, at that point the president was in awful shape, so we were like, ‘Holy Christ, what do we do?’” Daley said.
With Biden on the ticket, Obama decisively defeated Republican Mitt Romney in the November 2012 election.
The book also says Obama found Clinton’s husband, former President Bill Clinton, to be exhausting, and that when the two of them golfed together in September 2011 in an effort aides hoped would bring them together, they did not finish 18 holes.
“I like him ... in doses,” Obama told an aide after the round at Andrews Air Force Base, according to the Times account of the book.

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2013/11/01/hillary_clinton_eyed_to_replace_joe_biden_by_barack_obamas_reelection_team_says_new_book.html
I'd heard this and read some 'what-if' vetting's that were getting kicked around behind doors before the 2012 election rolled out ...but Bill Clinton's public persona and his going rogue was often a huge concern for everyone.
And that's why {IMO} he's taken the time and any and all speaking engagements that he did during those years and has been proving that; 'hey, see ...I can behave - I can still draw a huge crowd and they aren't going to STONE ME!', and it was successful.
Clinton's were a large part of the DNC that election year, Bill Clinton's speech was well remembered more than HRC's but they both pulled as a single unit for the Democratic Party ticket when they were asked to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down