NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missing Japanese boy left in mountains by parents 'as punishment'

+6
Original Quill
Tommy Monk
Cass
HoratioTarr
Syl
eddie
10 posters

Go down

Missing Japanese boy left in mountains by parents 'as punishment' Empty Missing Japanese boy left in mountains by parents 'as punishment'

Post by Guest Sun May 29, 2016 8:09 pm

The parents initially told police they had lost their son while walking in the mountains looking for wild vegetables

Missing Japanese boy left in mountains by parents 'as punishment' Japan-mountains-1

The parents of a seven-year-old boy, missing in mountains in northern Japan, have admitted they left him in the mountain woodland as punishment after initially saying he had become lost during a family walk.
More than 150 rescue workers are searching for Yamato Tanooka, who has been missing for two days, after his parents left him alone on Saturday in Nanae, Hokkaido – an island in northern Japan whose woods are known to be home to wild bears.

Yamato’s parents initially told police he had gone missing while the family were walking in the area and picking wild vegetables, The Japan Times reports.

The parents later admitted they had lied about the circumstances of the boy’s disappearance.

The boy’s 44-year-old father, Takayuki, told police they left him in the mountains on the way home from a park to punish him for throwing stones at cars driving on a street nearby.

The couple said they had walked around 500m from the child before returning.

Takayuki told a TV Asahi reporter he did not dare admit the truth while requesting a search.

“The parents left the boy in the mountains as punishment,” a police spokesman said. “They said they went back to the site immediately but the boy was no longer there.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/missing-japanese-boy-left-in-mountains-by-parents-as-punishment-a7055311.html

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Missing Japanese boy left in mountains by parents 'as punishment' Empty Re: Missing Japanese boy left in mountains by parents 'as punishment'

Post by eddie Sun May 29, 2016 8:56 pm

Are they STUPID!?

So he is very possibly dead and it's their fault?

Stupid idiotic pair of absolute fucktards.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Missing Japanese boy left in mountains by parents 'as punishment' Empty Re: Missing Japanese boy left in mountains by parents 'as punishment'

Post by Guest Sun May 29, 2016 10:32 pm

My opinion exactly!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun May 29, 2016 11:48 pm

Poor little lad. Sad
The parents are unbelievably stupid and cruel. If the lad is found alive (God willing) I hope he ends up with people who will love and care for him....these two idiots don't deserve him.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon May 30, 2016 12:10 am

eddie wrote:Are they STUPID!?

So he is very possibly dead and it's their fault?

Stupid idiotic pair of absolute fucktards.

Stupid and sadistic.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon May 30, 2016 2:05 am

Oh dear God. That poor poor boy.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 30, 2016 2:46 am

More than 150 rescue workers are searching for Yamato Tanooka, who has been missing for two days, after his parents left him alone on Saturday in Nanae, Hokkaido – an island in northern Japan whose woods are known to be home to wild bears.
Well, those 2 par excellent examples of Stupid Humans - trying to teach their son a valuable lesson '?' {how that related to stoning auto's only they would know}; now need to pay for all those exhausting man hours that those 150 humans devoted for a LIE Twisted Evil

That would be a true 'teachable moment' that they and possibly any other Stupid Human contemplating such a heinous act might consider before acting upon No

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon May 30, 2016 11:11 am

Just goggled and he's still missing. Sad

Perhaps they never left him as punishment - perhaps they went there and buried him after having done the deed themsleves.

The story sounds a bit odd to me.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 30, 2016 11:50 am

eddie wrote:Just goggled and he's still missing. Sad

Perhaps they never left him as punishment - perhaps they went there and buried him after having done the deed themsleves.

INDEED, not the first time some utterly foul human did something horrid to a small child ...those two have plenty of 'insanity' on their side already! Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon May 30, 2016 1:03 pm

4EVER2 wrote:

INDEED, not the first time some utterly foul human did something horrid to a small child ...those two have plenty of 'insanity' on their side already! Evil or Very Mad

Afternoon/morning 4ever

The whole thing smells off to me. I hope I'm wrong if I were the police I'd start searching their house and car.

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon May 30, 2016 5:57 pm

Eddie... I was going to post yesterday that I don't believe either story they have given...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon May 30, 2016 6:42 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Eddie... I was going to post yesterday that I don't believe either story they have given...

It simply doesn't add up to me Tommy, maybe I'm wrong becasue I can't imagine doing that to a child?
I hope the police are looking at their house and car and speaking to witnesses.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:03 pm

After 5 days, no clues about missing boy in Japan
 Associated Press 3:25 a.m. EDT June 2, 2016

******Police said Thursday’s search by more than 180 rescuers, including defense troops, focused on the area where the boy was believed to have been dropped off, and revisiting and combing through the woods.

*******The father said the boy was gone when he returned to the site several minutes later, police said.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2016/06/02/after-5-days-no-clues-missing-boy-japan/85283122/ 

Something 'STINKS' about this and now the story line is 'the parents returned within several minutes' and the 7yr old was poof - gone! 
Interesting - several minutes and that kids made it that far that he's out of range for hearing?  Naaaaa, not buying this either!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:51 pm

For once...good instinct. You'll make a good investigator yet. Smile

You don't accept the latest iteration of liars just because it is the latest. When a person has a motive to lie, and demonstrates it by lying, Hey, d'ya think?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:36 pm

Who knows, huh?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:39 pm

The place is crawling with wild (read hungry) bears........

what a place to "lose" a body.........
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:46 pm

Lord Foul wrote:The place is crawling with wild (read hungry) bears........

what a place to "lose" a body.........

Have they used sniffer dogs?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:18 am

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/true-stories/yamato-tanooka-missing-japanese-boy-found-in-military-building-authorities-say/news-story/120a30d968aa4c2d778302eb7f09e716

THE Japanese boy abandoned by his parents in a bear-infested wood as punishment has miraculously been found after six days.

Yamato Tanooka was abandoned by his parents in the mountains of Japan’s north island of Hokkaido.

His parents kicked him out of their car on a mountain road as punishment for misbehaving.

The boy was found by a soldier at an empty Japanese Air Force building in Shikabe Town in Hokkaido this morning.

“There was no conspicuous external injury, and the boy introduced himself as Yamato Tanooka,” a spokesman for police in northern Hokkaido island said.

It appears that 7 year old Yamato Tanooka immediately walked the seven km to an empty building at the base and already arrived Saturday eve

luckily the boy is smarter than his parents
Missing Japanese boy left in mountains by parents 'as punishment' 4251754078
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:08 am

Arrow

I WOULDN'T BE at all surprised, if the next stage along in this unfolding saga is seeing those parents charged with attempted homicide  ???

HOPING that bears and wolves might do the job for them ?

AND IF the authorities have the boy in protective/foster care somewhere -- while the police further investigate those parents --  may explain why it took that extra day or two for the news of that boy's survival ?           Neutral
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:34 am

He's been found.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:51 am

They should be done for child neglect.
I'd be a little hesitant to return him to his parents.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:13 pm

Suspect

ON tonight's news they showed the boy's father "shaming" himself in public, admitting how wrong the parents were...

Perhaps --  in light of how important "keeping face" is in Japanese culture --  this is a ploy on their lawyer's part, to stave off charges (of neglect or abandonment) being brought by the police ?

It was also stated, that there has already been members of the public over there asking (online, and in newspapers..), for some degree of leniency for the parents, as they "have been shamed and embarrassed enough already..".

What a Face
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:21 pm

from Veya's Link > It appears that 7 year old Yamato Tanooka immediately walked the seven km to an empty building at the base and already arrived Saturday eve
Well, no thanks to his ignorant/irresponsible parents!
WYWolfie's post > It was also stated, that there has already been members of the public over there asking on line and in newspapers, for some degree of leniency for the parents, as they "have been shamed and embarrassed enough already..".
Yes, even Asian's have their quantity of 'bleeding heart/morality leaning' forgive them for they do not know WTF they did groups --- but this goes right to child endangerment ...least of all those 6+ days of 150+ man hours of searching for him ??? 
Wonder how those rescuers feel about 'THAT' time line too?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:27 pm

Apparently walking for several kilometers, the boy found the empty hut in a military drill area and entered a door that had been left open. The longhouse-style hut had no heat or power and no food, but Yamato huddled between mattresses on the floor and drank water from the solitary faucet outside the hut for several days, local media reported.
A massive manhunt, including 180 people and search dogs, had found no trace of him. The soldier who found him had not been part of the frenzied search effort, but soon the boy identified himself as Yamato Tanooka (Tah-noh-oh-kah).
Appearing outside the hospital where the boy was flown in by helicopter, his father apologized, bowing deeply, thanked everyone for the rescue and vowed to do a better job as his dad.
"We have raised him with love all along," said the father, Takayuki Tanooka, fighting tears. "I really didn't think it would come to that. We went too far."
Military officials expressed admiration for the boy's perseverance, as the building where he was found was far from where he had disappeared and involved a rigorous uphill climb.
The boy was dehydrated and had minor scratches on his arms and feet, but no serious health risks were found, a doctor who examined him said on nationally televised news.
Although going without water is dangerous even for a few days, people can survive longer without food, such as people who have fasted or gone on hunger strikes for a few weeks. While experts say a water-only diet for so long must have been painful, they boy apparently stayed at the hut for much of the time. More details on his experience were not immediately available.
Asked what he had told his son after he was found, the father said, "I told him I was so sorry for causing him such pain."
http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/japan-praises-boy-survived-abandonment-forest-39577869
Well, so much for that 'theory' of all search dogs are excellent at doing that job - HUH? 

In the link is a section about an author discussing the method of the Asian culture for pushing children to be the 'BEST' but parents having little skill set and knowledge of what to do when they child is not working with their directives!  Indeed, not all children perform like auto-bots and just do as they are told. But even she suggested that these two nit-wits were in need of some additional parental help from some older/wiser parenting people --- no doubt.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:06 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Suspect

ON tonight's news they showed the boy's father "shaming" himself in public, admitting how wrong the parents were...

Perhaps --  in light of how important "keeping face" is in Japanese culture --  this is a ploy on their lawyer's part, to stave off charges (of neglect or abandonment) being brought by the police ?

It was also stated, that there has already been members of the public over there asking (online, and in newspapers..), for some degree of leniency for the parents, as they "have been shamed and embarrassed enough already..".

What a Face

No, they haven't been shamed enough already and had he died, people would be singing a different song.
They should be charged with neglect of a minor and monitored closely.

Something still feels wrong: WHY did the boy start walking and not wait??
He obviously appears to have been under the impression they were not coming back.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:26 pm

eddie wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Suspect

What a Face
No, they haven't been shamed enough already and had he died, people would be singing a different song.
They should be charged with neglect of a minor and monitored closely.

Something still feels wrong: WHY did the boy start walking and not wait??
He obviously appears to have been under the impression they were not coming back.
Loads of WTH's in this entire scenario for our 'antenna' {nancy drew club}

A. why did he go off road - for a 7 yr old to just strike off into the brush and head up a steep incline {hill} where he'd never been before ??? seems that kid had a better nose for finding sanctuary then the 'scent dogs' did for finding him

B. for all that exhaustion - why weren't the tracker dogs able to pick up any scent trails - the kid had cuts/scrapes and all sorts of abrasions on his little body - he'd be dropping DNA like Hansel & Gretel did with those bread crumbs Missing Japanese boy left in mountains by parents 'as punishment' 265384880

C. this soldier that found him - {yet, he wasn't part of the search party} WTH, was he being punished and left to go sit in that cabin to meditate - the article stated that the kid finally told the officer what his name was '???'...just how many little 7year olds does that soldier stumble across out there in that isolated abandoned cabin - Missing Japanese boy left in mountains by parents 'as punishment' 2190311264

Loads of unanswered question in this puzzling event ... Missing Japanese boy left in mountains by parents 'as punishment' 479860004

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:44 pm

It is very, very odd. I don't get it at all.

Wasn't there a similar story about a Japanese (?) couple years ago..?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:23 pm

Smile

@ 4EVER...

THE "cabin" where the soldier(s) supposedly found the boy is apparently part of a military base; near the national park/forests; to where that boy had walked to (maybe attracted by lights ?)..

The soldiers were maybe patrolling the base at the time ?

The building was shown on the TV news here, yesterday..
Looked like a typical military base..

The boy probably talked to the soldiers for much the same reason as a child might talk to others 'in uniform' - such as police, ambo's, firemen -- those children often learn to 'trust' in western socities ? Plus, he was probably a bit hungry by then...

relieved
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:31 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Smile

@ 4EVER...

THE "cabin" where the soldier(s) supposedly found the boy is apparently part of a military base; near the national park/forests;  to where that boy had walked to (maybe attracted by lights ?).. from my link >>>

Apparently walking for several kilometers, the boy found the empty hut in a military drill area and entered a door that had been left open. The longhouse-style hut had no heat or power and no food, but Yamato huddled between mattresses on the floor and drank water from the solitary faucet outside the hut for several days, local media reported

The soldiers were maybe patrolling the base at the time ?

The building was shown on the TV news here, yesterday..
Looked like a typical military base..

The boy probably talked to the soldiers for much the same reason as a child might talk to others 'in uniform' - such as police, ambo's, firemen --  those children often learn to 'trust' in western socities ?  Plus, he was probably a bit hungry by then...  

relieved
That's why my opinion about this >

C. this soldier that found him - {yet, he wasn't part of the search party} WTH, was he being punished and left to go sit in that cabin to meditate - the article stated that the kid finally told the officer what his name was '???'...just how many little 7year olds does that soldier stumble across out there in that isolated abandoned cabin - Missing Japanese boy left in mountains by parents 'as punishment' 2190311264

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:06 pm

I'm with you 4ever, this is not as it seems.

And I am still wondering why the boy walked and didn't stay put? Surely he knew his parents were coming back for him....?
Or did he?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:00 am

Missing Japanese boy left in mountains by parents 'as punishment' 2190311264

AAAH !!!!!

BUT,   did those parents actually tell him that they were coming back  ?!?

OR, simply kick him out, and not tell him much -- if anything ?

And how long did he wait before walking off..

Them's the questions, is they not...

Missing Japanese boy left in mountains by parents 'as punishment' 3758365944
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:35 am

Yes they are absolutely the questions.
He shouldn't be returned to them straight away.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:12 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
Loads of WTH's in this entire scenario for our 'antenna' {nancy drew club}

A. why did he go off road - for a 7 yr old to just strike off into the brush and head up a steep incline {hill} where he'd never been before ??? seems that kid had a better nose for finding sanctuary then the 'scent dogs' did for finding him

B. for all that exhaustion - why weren't the tracker dogs able to pick up any scent trails - the kid had cuts/scrapes and all sorts of abrasions on his little body - he'd be dropping DNA like Hansel & Gretel did with those bread crumbs Missing Japanese boy left in mountains by parents 'as punishment' 265384880

Loads of unanswered question in this puzzling event ... Missing Japanese boy left in mountains by parents 'as punishment' 479860004
Missing Japanese boy left in mountains by parents 'as punishment' Japan-mountains-1
All of my questions remain -
Primary #1, what 7yr old do you know that would have the balls to go 'OFF ROAD' and up any one of these hills - alone - with no idea of his direction or destination - when he'd just been driven up a ROAD and knew where that led too! No

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:17 pm

Totally agree.
I dint suppose we shall ever get to the bottom of it though
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:53 pm

eddie wrote:Totally agree.
I dint suppose we shall ever get to the bottom of it though
Well, if Cheney/Rumsfeld/GWB don't consider 'Water Boarding' a form of torture ...I'd be willing to put those two nasty assed pseudo parents to that test! Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:04 pm

We should go out there and do some investigating of our own....

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:16 pm

eddie wrote:We should go out there and do some investigating of our own....

Too true that; I keep calling us the 'Nancy Drew' sleuths - Missing Japanese boy left in mountains by parents 'as punishment' Ivefoundacluepink

Our group of misfits is more similar to the whacky-pack of - Missing Japanese boy left in mountains by parents 'as punishment' Scooby-doo-scooby-doo-25191441-1280-1024

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:12 pm

Hahahah Scooby Doo gang. The coolest gang in the world.
My 4 year old daughter watches Scooby Doo religiously, so I've re-watched them all plus some new ones.

They really are fantastic programmes.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Missing Japanese boy left in mountains by parents 'as punishment' Empty Look at this precocious face on this KID?

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:37 am

Missing Japanese boy left in mountains by parents 'as punishment' 636008039323257614-AP-JAPAN-MISSING-CHILD-82339614

Yipper, he does look like he could be ornery but not worthy
of the utter stupidity that his 2 parents did to him; then they
compounded their screw up by lying to the officials about 'how
he became lost'!  No

Well, it all worked out in the end, and what a story he'll have to
tell his children. Missing Japanese boy left in mountains by parents 'as punishment' 1284863816

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:44 am

He's through to the next round of the 'Survival' game.

Just Kidding
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:40 am

Missing Japanese boy left in mountains by parents 'as punishment' 371740092   I see more of the 'Japanese Ninja Warrior' competition in his future; if it's still operating by that time.  Fearless and able to do 'ALL THINGS', he's got quite the face.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:32 pm

Abandoned Japanese Boy Leaves Hospital; No Charges Planned
By satoshi sugiyama, associated press
TOKYO — Jun 7, 2016, 7:08 AM ET
Missing Japanese boy left in mountains by parents 'as punishment' WireAP_5237bc3e313d40d894061c6ea45773fd_16x9_1600
The punishment drew public scrutiny, generating debate in Japan over what is considered excessive in disciplining children.
Kudo said police are considering referring the case to a children's welfare center. Miki Kurotatsu with the Hakodate Children's Welfare Center declined to comment on whether the center had received a report from police, saying it was a private matter.

Though he had no food and just drank water during the ordeal, doctors said Yamato only had mild dehydration and minor bruises on an arm and his legs, Japanese media reported. Wearing a baseball cap and a gray jacket over a T-shirt, Yamato waved at the hospital crowd while holding a greeting card in the shape of an oversized baseball.

Asked what he would like to do, he said he wants to play baseball. He added he would like to go back to school soon and is looking forward to participating in a school sports day.

Before leaving the hospital, his father bowed to the cameras and said, "Thank you." He had told reporters after his son was found that he regretted his action.
http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/abandoned-japanese-boy-released-hospital-39658716

Well, alrighty ...nothing but the public apology will be what the parents be expected to do; but I'll wager a solid bet that this young man uses this publicity for an advantage for a long-long time!  Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:51 pm

Disgusting that no charges are to brought - what is that saying to the rest of the world? It okay to leave your kids in a mountain alone if they're naughty?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:38 pm

eddie wrote:Disgusting that no charges are to brought - what is that saying to the rest of the world? It okay to leave your kids in a mountain alone if they're naughty?

Sounds suspiciously like the film, Joe Dirt. Rolling Eyes

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:53 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:Disgusting that no charges are to brought - what is that saying to the rest of the world? It okay to leave your kids in a mountain alone if they're naughty?

Sounds suspiciously like the film, Joe Dirt.  Rolling Eyes
Did you see that photo I posted of him flipping the peace sign ...{5 posts back} 
add some freckles and a gap in his front teeth; what magazine popular in the 70's - 80's would that kids face remind you of confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down