NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This 100-Year-Old Abandoned Church Was Transformed Into A Colorful Skate Park

+5
Victorismyhero
'Wolfie
Original Quill
stardesk
veya_victaous
9 posters

Go down

This 100-Year-Old Abandoned Church Was Transformed Into A Colorful Skate Park Empty This 100-Year-Old Abandoned Church Was Transformed Into A Colorful Skate Park

Post by Guest Tue May 24, 2016 10:01 pm

The Church of Santa Barbara in Llanera, Spain, was built in 1912 but some years later it was abandoned.

This 100-Year-Old Abandoned Church Was Transformed Into A Colorful Skate Park Aafun-churh
Getty Images
Recently it was rediscovered by a group of skaters, who immediately saw the church's potential as a place to skate.

This 100-Year-Old Abandoned Church Was Transformed Into A Colorful Skate Park T90g6-skate-park-church-1
Getty Images
Now called Kaos Temple, or simply La Iglesia Skate, the church's benefactors include energy drink company Red Bull and online donors, who contributed more than $25,000 to the project.

image: http://www.sunnyskyz.com/uploads/2016/05/xnss9-skate-park-church-2.jpgThis 100-Year-Old Abandoned Church Was Transformed Into A Colorful Skate Park Xnss9-skate-park-church-2
Getty Images
The church was painted by artist Okuda San Miguel, known for his brightly colored geometric art inspired by graffiti.

This 100-Year-Old Abandoned Church Was Transformed Into A Colorful Skate Park Efr0c-skate-park-church-3
Getty Images

This 100-Year-Old Abandoned Church Was Transformed Into A Colorful Skate Park Folvw-skate-park-church-4
Getty Images

This 100-Year-Old Abandoned Church Was Transformed Into A Colorful Skate Park 34vlp-skate-park-church-5
Getty Images

This 100-Year-Old Abandoned Church Was Transformed Into A Colorful Skate Park Tpqjs-skate-park-church-6

Read more at http://www.sunnyskyz.com/blog/1505/This-100-Year-Old-Abandoned-Church-Was-Transformed-Into-A-Colorful-Skate-Park#VYsXWiBeiIsuBFEF.99

Back to top Go down

This 100-Year-Old Abandoned Church Was Transformed Into A Colorful Skate Park Empty Re: This 100-Year-Old Abandoned Church Was Transformed Into A Colorful Skate Park

Post by veya_victaous Tue May 24, 2016 11:43 pm

thats pretty cool
here it would have been made into a pub, many of the old churches already are
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

This 100-Year-Old Abandoned Church Was Transformed Into A Colorful Skate Park Empty Re: This 100-Year-Old Abandoned Church Was Transformed Into A Colorful Skate Park

Post by stardesk Wed May 25, 2016 11:51 am

What worries me is that many abandoned churches may be taken over by Moslems and turned into mosques. Oh, God forbid! Would you like that in your community? I damn well wouldn't.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed May 25, 2016 3:48 pm

stardesk wrote:What worries me is that many abandoned churches may be taken over by Moslems and turned into mosques. Oh, God forbid! Would you like that in your community? I damn well wouldn't.

Why? What's wrong with that?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2016 4:34 pm

Original Quill wrote:
stardesk wrote:What worries me is that many abandoned churches may be taken over by Moslems and turned into mosques. Oh, God forbid! Would you like that in your community? I damn well wouldn't.

Why?  What's wrong with that?

Let me reword this in order that you understand where he is coming from.

"What worries me is that many abandoned churches may be taken over by the Klu Klux Klan and turned into Headquaters. Oh, God forbid! Would you like that in your community? I damn well wouldn't."

"What worries me is that many abandoned churches may be taken over by Mormens and turned into churches. Oh, God forbid! Would you like that in your community? I damn well wouldn't."

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Wed May 25, 2016 8:27 pm

Er, what's wrong with that? Quill, this is a Christian country, built on Christian teachings and values. Our women have equality and dress how they please. We don't have to fall to our knees 5 times a day and bang our heads on the floor, irrespective of where we are. Our children receive a comprehensive education and not restricted to the strict rules in a book. Some perverts might like to join them as they can have 3 wives! Crickey, one is enough for me.

Paul, I'm surprised Witnesses haven't taken advantage of unused churches.

I could go on but let that suffice for now.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed May 25, 2016 11:31 pm

Yeah that pretty shit attitude star and Incorrect Women have rigths DESPITE Christianity in the UK not because of it.

The secular movement that Give ALL the Good stuff has been so effective against Christianity that their churches lay abandoned. Let them become mosques too then they too will become abandoned,if people can remain secualr and not Bullshit and lie to themselves about Chrisitanity having anything but negatives for women, All that is SECUALRISM not Christianity at all who Sitll fights gaginst womens trigths to abortion etc? CHRISTIANS because they still follow the same rules as Muslims.

You guys are stupid and cowardly with your mrononic fear of mosques it is pathetic. truly disgusts me, Cause I live near mosques and you guys are just dumb racist cowards and that is all their is too it. Yeah that pretty shit attitude star and Incorrect Women have rights DESPITE Christianity in the UK not because of it.

The secular movement that Give ALL the Good stuff has been so effective against Christianity that their churches lay abandoned. Let them become mosques too then they too will become abandoned, if people can remain secular and not Bullshit and lie to themselves about Christianity having anything but negatives for women, All that is SECUALRISM not Christianity at all who Still fights against women’s rights to abortion etc? CHRISTIANS because they still follow the same rules as Muslims.

You guys are stupid and cowardly with your moronic fear of mosques it is pathetic. truly disgusts me, Cause I live near mosques and you guys are just dumb racist cowards and that is all there is too it.

Star, Worry about you own lack of fortitude, not that some people are using an abandoned building.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu May 26, 2016 9:07 am

stardesk wrote:
Er, what's wrong with that? Quill, this is a Christian country, built on Christian teachings and values. Our women have equality and dress how they please. We don't have to fall to our knees 5 times a day and bang our heads on the floor, irrespective of where we are. Our children receive a comprehensive education and not restricted to the strict rules in a book. Some perverts might like to join them as they can have 3 wives! Crickey, one is enough for me.

This 100-Year-Old Abandoned Church Was Transformed Into A Colorful Skate Park 3489511464

"A Christian country.... Built on Christian teachings and values.."

WHAT A LOAD of xenophobic, bigotted and racist crappola ?!?

Especially from a non-Christian such as yourself, star' !
Considering the number of times we have seen you on here with your regular New Age Athiest brand of populist-science bullshit..

This 100-Year-Old Abandoned Church Was Transformed Into A Colorful Skate Park 2086560741
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu May 26, 2016 10:50 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Yeah that pretty shit attitude star and Incorrect Women have rigths DESPITE Christianity in the UK not because of it.

The secular movement that Give ALL the Good stuff has been so effective against Christianity that their churches lay abandoned. Let them become mosques too then they too will become abandoned,if people can remain secualr and not Bullshit and lie to themselves about Chrisitanity having anything but negatives for women, All that is SECUALRISM not Christianity at all who Sitll fights gaginst womens trigths to abortion etc? CHRISTIANS because they still follow the same rules as Muslims.

Smile

TO BE FAIR, though, veya  --  it could also be argued equally that many modern day Christian churches have been influenced to gradually (albeit, still much too slowly..) improve their treatment of, and attitudes towards, them there wimmin folk by the very activities of those suffragettes and emancipists during the 19th century, and the feminist movements of the 20th century...

THE VERY opposite phenomenon to that more mythical fable that star' and his kindred nationalists and revisionists would attempt to peddle on here..

HOPEFULLY, the modern day equivalents of the suffragettes and feminists gradually working away within Muslim societies around the world, will be able to enjoy similar successes over this next century  --  against a similar old conservative/fundi'/patriarchal opposition to that endured by their Christian and Jewish counterparts over the last few hundred years ?

This 100-Year-Old Abandoned Church Was Transformed Into A Colorful Skate Park 3177564460
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu May 26, 2016 10:59 am

I wouldnt hold your breath wolfie.....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Thu May 26, 2016 9:03 pm

Hi folks, thanks for your kind, caring words. How lovely of you.

BTW, I'm not an atheist, for they don't believe in anything, I used to be a good church-going lad but now believe in evolution, for there is ample proof of that, world-wide.

As for spouting Christianity, it's what our country was built up on, Christian values, morals and ethics etc. Whether I'm a Christian now doesn't come into it, it's my country's heritage and way of life I was highlighting.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu May 26, 2016 9:14 pm

Nothing wrong with what star said, it's his opnion and all this holier-than-thou crap is so boring now guys.

As to the OP. Breathtakingly stunning. Full of vibrant colour and I'll bet it looks beautiful on a sunny day.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri May 27, 2016 12:04 am

eddie wrote:Nothing wrong with what star said, it's his opnion and all this holier-than-thou crap is so boring now guys.

As to the OP. Breathtakingly stunning. Full of vibrant colour and I'll bet it looks beautiful on a sunny day.

His Very Racsit, cowardly and Dumb opinon.
YES there is Plenty wrong with what he said.
And It is wrong to defend it too.

factually almost all of it is bullshit revisionist crap that doesn't acknowledge that 120 years ago Christians where just as sexists, I am sure 120 years ago everyone said 'Don't hold your breath' when Christian women asked for rights.

veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri May 27, 2016 12:17 am

Our women have equality and dress how they please. We don't have to fall to our knees 5 times a day and bang our heads on the floor, irrespective of where we are. Our children receive a comprehensive education and not restricted to the strict rules in a book. Some perverts might like to join them as they can have 3 wives!

If one were to sum up the British in four derogatory sentences, I wonder how that might go?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 27, 2016 9:50 am

Gee I don't know, but why don't you fucking generalise about us all whilst you're there?

You realise you sound like the people you dislike now, right?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri May 27, 2016 11:47 am

eddie wrote:Gee I don't know, but why don't you fucking generalise about us all whilst you're there?

not once did i say Brit confused
And if you mean generalize that racists are dumb racist cowards then Fuck yeah i do honestly believe that. SO go on defend my free speech tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 27, 2016 11:59 am

Original Quill wrote:

As Didge pointed out, you wouldn't be saying that if the church had been turned into a Mormon centre. You hate Mormons.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 27, 2016 12:00 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
stardesk wrote:

This 100-Year-Old Abandoned Church Was Transformed Into A Colorful Skate Park 3489511464

"A Christian country.... Built on Christian teachings and values.."

WHAT A LOAD of xenophobic, bigotted and racist crappola ?!?

Especially from a non-Christian such as yourself, star' !
Considering the number of times we have seen you on here with your regular New Age Athiest brand of populist-science bullshit..

This 100-Year-Old Abandoned Church Was Transformed Into A Colorful Skate Park 2086560741

Good point. Stardesk doesn't believe in Christianity.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 27, 2016 12:13 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Our women have equality and dress how they please. We don't have to fall to our knees 5 times a day and bang our heads on the floor, irrespective of where we are. Our children receive a comprehensive education and not restricted to the strict rules in a book. Some perverts might like to join them as they can have 3 wives!

If one were to sum up the British in four derogatory sentences, I wonder how that might go?

About as well as me summing up the yanks in four derogatory sentences I should think. Why would you even start on the British because you didn't like what Stardesk said?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri May 27, 2016 12:20 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

McDonalds. Krispy Kreme. Walmart. KFC.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 27, 2016 1:54 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
eddie wrote:Gee I don't know, but why don't you fucking generalise about us all whilst you're there?

And if you mean generalize that racists are dumb racist cowards then Fuck yeah i do honestly believe that. SO go on defend my free speech tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

I was talking to Ben

Trouble is you're all stupid.

"Don't talk about all Muslim like that!" Next breath "All Brits are like this and that!"

Then the British

"Don't call all Brits that!" Next breath "All Muslims are like this and that!"

Fucking hell.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 27, 2016 1:56 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

About as well as me summing up the yanks in four derogatory sentences I should think. Why would you even start on the British because you didn't like what Stardesk said?

Because this forum is turning into a little boys playground and I'm starting to get mightily sick of it.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 27, 2016 2:03 pm

eddie wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

I was talking to Ben

Trouble is you're all stupid.

"Don't talk about all Muslim like that!" Next breath "All Brits are like this and that!"

Then the British

"Don't call all Brits that!" Next breath "All Muslims are like this and that!"

Fucking hell.

Don't include me in that - I haven't taken such a stance.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 27, 2016 2:05 pm

I don't need to name people; we all know who the twats are
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 27, 2016 2:18 pm

eddie wrote:I don't need to name people; we all know who the twats are

Indeed we do, and they're all men. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 27, 2016 2:28 pm

It's actually upsetting me to the point of not wanting to post here for a while.
Perhaps that's what I'll do.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri May 27, 2016 5:34 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

As Didge pointed out, you wouldn't be saying that if the church had been turned into a Mormon centre. You hate Mormons.

Hate is such a strong word.  I believe that Mormons are defective people.  But anyone is free to disagree.

They are actually quite beautiful people, but they devote all that beauty to hateful causes: anti-women, anti-black, anti-Hispanic, white supremacy, anti-government, war mongering and anti-Muslim.  They are conservatives.

Now, we can tolerate conservatives in our midst as long as we can contain them with democracy.  But the Mormons are authoritarian in their premises.  They are insular, and they believe in exclusion, forced marriages and control of the social avenues of lives of members.  Read as: if you don't like Scientology, you'll really hate Mormonism.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down