NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The British Police

Go down

The British Police Empty The British Police

Post by Guest Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:36 am

10th January 2014

For those who don't trust the police - if all the police were replaced by new people, do you think they would also end up being corrupt?

Do you think the solution is to put a camera on all police? I'm all for CCTV, cameras and ID for all.

I think that will sort this problem.

Please discuss.

Back to top Go down

The British Police Empty Re: The British Police

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:40 am

No wont fix it,

People shouldn't trust the police. a populance that trusts the police too much is asking for trouble

Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

This famous Latin proverb warns against the power of government with the satirical question: But who will guard the custodians themselves? Sometimes translated as Who will guard the guards? this wise Latin proverb reminds us that we can appoint officials to guard our rights, but we should be forever watchful of these guards and wonder who will guard them from abusing the power we granted them. In this Latin proverb we see the first instance of the chicken and the egg dilemma.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:42 am

veya_victaous wrote:No wont fix it,

People shouldn't trust the police.  a populance that trusts the police too much is asking for trouble

Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

This famous Latin proverb warns against the power of government with the satirical question: But who will guard the custodians themselves? Sometimes translated as Who will guard the guards? this wise Latin proverb reminds us that we can appoint officials to guard our rights, but we should be forever watchful of these guards and wonder who will guard them from abusing the power we granted them. In this Latin proverb we see the first instance of the chicken and the egg dilemma.

Well I guess we guard ourselves by being able to vote them out every 4/5 years.

The British people have the chance to vote in a completely new party in 2015 - UKIP - will they take the plunge? It's up to them.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:01 am

Does changing the party change the various Police Commissioners, Judges and other People of Power? All the Bureaucrats are still the same. Are you so Sure it will change.

Democracy as practiced by UK or Australia changes the Warden but not the guards. I does provide some protection but not enough to lose our vigilance
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:28 am

veya_victaous wrote:Does changing the party change the various Police Commissioners, Judges and other People of Power? All the Bureaucrats are still the same. Are you so Sure it will change.

Democracy as practiced by UK or Australia changes the Warden but not the guards. I does provide some protection but not enough to lose our vigilance

One thing we have (some of us) worked out is no, nothing seems to change with the usual 3 parties, that's why everybody is calling for a change to UKIP - it may bring about the changes we need. ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:37 am

BigAndy9 wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:Does changing the party change the various Police Commissioners, Judges and other People of Power? All the Bureaucrats are still the same. Are you so Sure it will change.

One thing we have (some of us) worked out is no, nothing seems to change with the usual 3 parties, that's why everybody is calling for a change to UKIP - it may bring about the changes we need.  ?

What is UKIPs policy on police and crime and the CJS etc Andy?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:46 am

NemsAgain wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

One thing we have (some of us) worked out is no, nothing seems to change with the usual 3 parties, that's why everybody is calling for a change to UKIP - it may bring about the changes we need.  ?

What is UKIPs policy on police and crime and the CJS etc Andy?

One thing I would say before you look at UKIPs policies are remember what the others said - one I remember was tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime - I believe they didn't even try to do that.

So, UKIP are saying something similar - tough on crime etc. But we just won't know unless we give them a try. There's always a question mark, isn't there? But we'll never change anything unless we try.

http://www.ukip.org/issues/2013-01-25-10-55-7/police-2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:55 am

Had a very quick whizz through. Couple of things I like such as returning to local station house policing. Deportation of foreign criminals etc
They are a bit hung up on ASB.
I would never vote for them in a million years. Not one mention of victims of crime of the impact of crime on communities and on people

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down