NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shadow Minister Calls Voter 'Horrible Racist'

+4
Cass
Tommy Monk
Ben Reilly
Victorismyhero
8 posters

Go down

Shadow Minister Calls Voter 'Horrible Racist' Empty Shadow Minister Calls Voter 'Horrible Racist'

Post by Victorismyhero Thu May 19, 2016 9:56 pm

A key member of Jeremy Corbyn’s Labour front bench team has been forced to apologise after branding a voter a “horrible racist”.

Pat Glass, appointed Shadow Europe Minister by Mr Corbyn less than six months ago, made the verbal attack while campaigning in Derbyshire for Britain to remain in the EU.

It came during a radio interview when she described an exchange with a voter who said a Polish family living in the town were “scroungers”.

“The very first person I come to was a horrible racist,” she told BBC Radio Derby. “I’m never coming back to wherever this is.”

Pat Glass is campaigning to keep the UK in the European Union

In fact, Ms Glass, MP for North West Durham, was in Sawley, a village in south-east Derbyshire.

She has now apologised and said: "The comments I made were inappropriate and I regret them.

“Concerns about immigration are entirely valid and it’s important that politicians engage with them.

"I apologise to the people living in Sawley for any offence I have caused.”

http://news.sky.com/story/1698925/shadow-minister-calls-voter-horrible-racist

anyone get the feeling that her appology has more to do with "political appearences" than a genuine admission she was wrong

Another sample of todays "typical lefty" and their contempt of ANYONE who doesnt toe their line.......

and a glimpse of WHY the lefty loves europe so much....they would LOVE it to become a left wing stalinist dictatorship....

vote LEAVE....and DONT vote labour....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Shadow Minister Calls Voter 'Horrible Racist' Empty Re: Shadow Minister Calls Voter 'Horrible Racist'

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 19, 2016 10:06 pm

"The lefty"?! That sounds like skinheads talking about "The Jew," for chrissakes.

But I love how one politician's mistake is an indication that every liberal wants Stalin in charge Rolling Eyes
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Shadow Minister Calls Voter 'Horrible Racist' Empty Re: Shadow Minister Calls Voter 'Horrible Racist'

Post by Victorismyhero Thu May 19, 2016 10:11 pm

remember ben...I am "here" and you are "there"

YMMV.......
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 19, 2016 10:13 pm

Lord Foul wrote:remember ben...I am "here" and you are "there"

YMMV.......

I can state with full confidence that the left in Europe doesn't want to live in a Stalinist dictatorship, and also that this woman's comment was in no way an indicator to the contrary.

Seriously man.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu May 19, 2016 10:28 pm

It doesnt seem that way when you look at labours record on these matters...she isnt the first you know...

and for your information the EU is well on its way to that particular end point....

the euro parliament is a dead duck, overruled and supplanted by the unelected "comission" who actually make and force upon us the "regulations"
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu May 19, 2016 10:28 pm

More of the same from the lefties here...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/labour/11528421/Labour-candidate-People-who-fly-England-flags-are-simpletons-and-casual-racists.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2842783/Labour-MP-accused-outrageous-snobbery-tweeting-photo-remarkable-house-flying-St-George-s-flags.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newsvideo/uk-politics-video/7645390/Gordon-Brown-calls-voter-bigoted-in-open-mic-gaffe.html

The lefties here stopped representing the views of the British people long ago... they now wish to impose THEIR agenda on the people!!!

Under the lefties it is becoming another 'do as you're told or else' type of 'democracy'... how could that ever end up as anything else other than an authoritarian fascist dictatorship...!?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri May 20, 2016 12:12 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:remember ben...I am "here" and you are "there"

YMMV.......

I can state with full confidence that the left in Europe doesn't want to live in a Stalinist dictatorship, and also that this woman's comment was in no way an indicator to the contrary.

Seriously man.

I was there now I'm here.

And just great. You just gave away the top secret super coded big game plan. We have been luring them into a false sense of security since 1945. Way to go Comrade Big Mouth.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 20, 2016 12:13 am

She wasn't wrong was she.    Polish people are reknowned for being hard workers.  She shouldn't have apologised in my view.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri May 20, 2016 12:39 am

I just wish more of the lefty politicos would do the same.....

it would absolutely make sure they stayed OUT of power......

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 20, 2016 12:42 am

Nah, they'd get into power, cos were fed up with pussyfooting around racists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri May 20, 2016 12:50 am

oh yes I forgot ...racist...anyone who doesnt instantly agree with and blindly applaud the lefty policies....
and then theres "bigot"............... anyone who dares to question, no matter how slightly lefty policy......

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri May 20, 2016 12:53 am

Whatever your views are on that I've seen worse - alot worse. Cop a load of this and there are some real crackers in there...

Proof that Cameron's Tories are as racist and sexist as ever

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/proof-camerons-tories-racist-sexist-191792
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri May 20, 2016 7:20 am

Lord Foul wrote:oh yes I forgot ...racist...anyone who doesnt instantly agree with and blindly applaud the lefty policies....
and then theres "bigot"............... anyone who dares to question, no matter how slightly lefty policy......

She made a point that they were polish the problem was clearly the polishness
it was definitely Racist

Call a spade a spade ya bloody softy!! You want to be able to call people out then why do you have a problem with this racist being called out..
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 20, 2016 7:27 am

sassy wrote:She wasn't wrong was she.    Polish people are reknowned for being hard workers.  She shouldn't have apologised in my view.

You can't really generalise in that manner. The issue was a particular Polish family, not Polish people in general. It was also wrong to say that the person was racist just because the family is Polish. She wouldn't have assumed that if the person was talking about a British family.

Of course she should have apologised. It seems that nothing was learned from Gordon Brown's gaff when he called a woman "bigoted" for expressing concern about immigration.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 20, 2016 9:19 am

Firstly: the voter was entitled to call anyone, Polish or not, "a scrounger" (and they're obviously not working so sassy's comment was pointless re this OP)
Secondly, Ms Goss is entitled to call someone a racist if that's what she thinks (though in this case the person called the polish person a scrounger and that isn't a race??)

Pointless story blown out of propertion with a pointless and meaningless apology at the end.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 20, 2016 9:37 am

eddie wrote:Firstly: the voter was entitled to call anyone, Polish or not, "a scrounger" (and they're obviously not working so sassy's comment was pointless re this OP)
Secondly, Ms Goss is entitled to call someone a racist if that's what she thinks (though in this case the person called the polish person a scrounger and that isn't a race??)

Pointless story blown out of propertion with a pointless and meaningless apology at the end.

I don't think Pat Glass is entitled to say that. It's not against the law obviously, but it's extremely unwise in her position. It makes her sound like she's bigoted herself and that she's not listening to the views of ordinary people. That kind of thing can really damage the Labour party, and they're already in trouble re the accusations of antisemitism.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down