NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Care Homes.

5 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Care Homes. Empty Re: Care Homes.

Post by Syl Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:51 pm

I know what you mean Stormee....I am with you, if I ever need 24/7 care someone give me a quick pill .
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:34 pm

I know people who went into homes and they actually liked being there. One lady didn't want to go home after being in one temporarily. I suppose it depends on what kind of care home it is.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:44 pm

Stormee wrote:I have seen my fair share of these places Syl but not for a while and they still revolt me.

Mind you this was a exceedingly plush unit, short staffed as usual.

I gave them a blouson, they had the poor old bugga seated in a corner of his room looking in, I put his chair facing this big security window so he could see the people in the street for what it was worth.
He did not even have a drink at hand and cannot talk very good so they should keep an eye on him.

There are some nice homes, smaller more personal ones where the staff really love doing the very hard task of caring.
There are some people who settle in and like Rags said they love being there and enjoy being cared for, but from what I saw (like you I saw a lot) many of the residents sorely missed their independence and the ones who were too far gone to know didn't have any life left anyway.

I hate the way people seem to outlive their minds and bodies now.....living to a great age is not all it's cracked up to be.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:52 pm

Stormee wrote:I loathe and detest the bleeding places but it seems we would be worse off without them.
Today I went to see an old neighbour and friend with dementia who is in one for a week so his wife can have a rest, break, she looks like the walking dead.
I do not wanna describe seeing other poor souls in there, twas dreadful.
If I ever get into that state I hope there is an option for me to go to sleep forever.
Both of them are really fantastic people who would benefit, be better off being in a care facility of some sort but she is so stubborn, refusing help or listening to her family.
We help with bits and bobs but it is never enough.
They are both really frail now.
Institutions... from cradle to grave; and sadly you've hit on a common problem---often the care giver will ruin their own health while trying to provide every thing that they humanely possibly can for the family member in Medical NEED! Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:56 pm

Dementia has to be the cruellest disease.
It's heart breaking to see people who were intelligent and full of life reduced to little more than living dead. It's even worse for elderly people when they still have some sense of what they are living through.

I don't think anyone of sound mind would say they want to end up like this....sadly till our laws change it's a problem that will escalate.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:07 pm

Stormee wrote:I loathe and detest the bleeding places but it seems we would be worse off without them.

Today I went to see an old neighbour and friend with dementia who is in one for a week so his wife can have a rest, break, she looks like the walking dead.

I do not wanna describe seeing other poor souls in there, twas dreadful.

If I ever get into that state I hope there is an option for me to go to sleep forever.

Both of them are really fantastic people who would benefit, be better off being in a care facility of some sort but she is so stubborn, refusing help or listening to her family.

We help with bits and bobs but it is never enough.

They are both really frail now.

The problem is, we warehouse these people not for their "benefit", but for our benefit. For the most part, we want them out of the way. If we can take their assets with impunity, all the better.

Very few people are truly altruistic.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:37 pm

I worked in different care homes and nursing homes for a few years. It's hard work but I really liked.

I'd like to say every worker was diligent and good at their jobs but.......hmmmmm...

When I was 18, I had a weekend job in a nursing home. The nurse was supposed to give out medication and nobody else.
She often used to reply on me to do it, and being me, I just did it without question, but what if I'd got it wrong and killed someone??
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down