NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trump warns of riots, pulls plug on Republican presidential debate

+2
'Wolfie
Cass
6 posters

Go down

Trump warns of riots, pulls plug on Republican presidential debate Empty Trump warns of riots, pulls plug on Republican presidential debate

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:16 pm

U.S. Republican front-runner Donald Trump warned on Wednesday of riots if he is denied the party's presidential nomination and pulled the plug on a scheduled debate among candidates, raising the temperature even more in a heated White House race.

The outspoken New York businessman scored big wins in primaries in Florida, Illinois and North Carolina on Tuesday, bringing him closer to the 1,237 convention delegates he needs to win the nomination.

Trump also claimed victory in Missouri but lost the crucial state of Ohio, and left the door open for those in the party trying to stop him from becoming the Republican nominee for the Nov. 8 election.

Trump might fall short of the majority of delegates required, enabling the party's establishment to put forward another name at the July convention in Cleveland to formally pick its candidate.

In an interview with CNN on Wednesday, Trump said the party could not deny him the nomination should he fail to win enough delegates.

"I don't think you can say that we don't get it automatically. I think you'd have riots. I think you'd have riots. I'm representing many, many millions of people."

While the Republicans were mired deeper in turmoil, Hillary Clinton won victories in at least four states on Tuesday that put her in good shape to defeat U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont and win the Democratic Party's nomination.

Republican Party leaders are appalled at Trump's incendiary rhetoric and reject policies such as his vow to deport 11 million illegal immigrants, temporarily ban Muslims from the United States and build a wall along the Mexican border.

The party tried to play down his riot comments, only days after Trump supporters and protesters clashed at a rally for the Republican in Chicago that was later scrapped.

"First of all, I assume he is speaking figuratively. If we go into a convention, whoever gets 1,237 delegates becomes the nominee. It's plain and simple," Republican National Committee spokesman Sean Spicer told CNN.

Recent outbreaks of violence during protests at Trump rallies have prompted President Barack Obama, a Democrat, and mainstream Republican figures to speak out against the billionaire.

A North Carolina sheriff's office looked into charging Trump or his campaign with "inciting a riot" at a rally in the state last week where a protester was punched, but decided not to proceed.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-idUSKCN0WG0YL?utm_source=twitter

EXACTLY the tactics Hitler used.

Back to top Go down

Trump warns of riots, pulls plug on Republican presidential debate Empty Re: Trump warns of riots, pulls plug on Republican presidential debate

Post by Cass Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:36 pm

^ Sassy - yup.

Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Trump warns of riots, pulls plug on Republican presidential debate Empty Re: Trump warns of riots, pulls plug on Republican presidential debate

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:23 am

TRUMP has proven just what a loser and charlatan he is, over these past few months

THE number of people willing to show support for him, cheer him on, and even bash protesters on his behalf;  only goes to show how many gullible and unthinking fools there are in tthis world..

AND what a craven coward Trump really is at heart.

Suspect
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:32 am

What do you think it is, that's he's offering, that is appealing to so many Americans?
Are these the same voters who voted for Obama?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:12 am

They are the voters that voted against Obama

He is offering the chance for xenophobia and racism to to raise it's head and the very worst natures to cause destruction.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:55 pm

eddie wrote:What do you think it is, that's he's offering, that is appealing to so many Americans?

no. They are on the whole Republicans with a few democrats who have jumped over but that happens in every election.

These people would never have voted for Obama. They hate the fact he is black and educated.Remember Trump along with his new gal pal and BFF Caribou Barbie were the original birthers doubting the President being born in the United States. Cruz too. The main problem with Trump is that he flip flops every day, has no workable policies, has no class and despite him saying he is going to do such and such (bring back industry to the US, build a wall and make Mexico pay) it is all talk, there is no substance or workable solution.

He is playing into people's fears and making the divide wider and wider between social/economic/religious sides instead of being a unifier. He is a bully and posturing loud mouth just like Putin, but one is a monster and one is going to make "murica GREAT AGAIN. Pfft.

These poor, lower income/class white people who think that Trump cares about them and will help them? Just as deluded as he is. Says he is not running to be a politician, but IRONY alert - he is, but because he is so great and wonderful that is ok.

Bull crap
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:05 pm

I don't think we want to vote for a guy who threatens riots if he doesn't win. Call me crazy, I know!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:07 pm

Cass wrote:
eddie wrote:What do you think it is, that's he's offering, that is appealing to so many Americans?

no. They are on the whole Republicans with a few democrats who have jumped over but that happens in every election.

These people would never have voted for Obama. They hate the fact he is black and educated.Remember Trump along with his new gal pal and BFF Caribou Barbie were the original birthers doubting the President being born in the United States. Cruz too. The main problem with Trump is that he flip flops every day, has no workable policies, has no class and despite him saying he is going to do such and such (bring back industry to the US, build a wall and make Mexico pay) it is all talk, there is no substance or workable solution.

He is playing into people's fears and making the divide wider and wider between social/economic/religious sides instead of being a unifier. He is a bully and posturing loud mouth just like Putin, but one is a monster and one is going to make "murica GREAT AGAIN. Pfft.

These poor, lower income/class white people who think that Trump cares about them and will help them? Just as deluded as he is. Says he is not running to be a politician, but IRONY alert - he is, but because he is so great and wonderful that is ok.

Bull crap

Hello me Lady 

And that kind of anger does not help either

I understand your frustration, but what people in the US need to do now is not give the attention that Trump is craving. The more people keep on about him, when you should be showing the far better alternative to people, even those swayed by Trump. Is by winning hearts and minds. This is where many are going wrong in the US and the media provide him with far to much publicity, which is helping his very clever strategic rhetoric. he is playing to the crowd, those fearful and worried and he knows how to manipulate them and his opposites are playing into his hands every time. Instead of looking at the trump supporters with such distaste, people need to draw them to their view point and being at odds is not going to achieve that. This means listening to their concerns and then reassuring them from their fears, which have been so heighten by Trump. What the Democrats really need to do is draw the crowd to them. Making a them and us situation, is a recipe for disaster. As you will further divide society

Hope you are well

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:18 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I don't think we want to vote for a guy who threatens riots if he doesn't win. Call me crazy, I know!

You big crazy guy you alien
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:22 pm

Didge wrote:
Cass wrote:

Bull crap

Hello me Lady 

I understand your frustration, but what people in the US need to do now is not give the attention that Trump is craving. The more people keep on about him, when you should be showing the far better alternative to people, even those swayed by Trump. Is by winning hearts and minds. This is where many are going wrong in the US and the media provide him with far to much publicity, which is helping his very clever strategic rhetoric. he is playing to the crowd, those fearful and worried and he knows how to manipulate them and his opposites are playing into his hands every time. Instead of looking at the trump supporters with such distaste, people need to draw them to their view point and being at odds is not going to achieve that. This means listening to their concerns and then reassuring them from their fears, which have been so heighten by Trump. What the Democrats really need to do is draw the crowd to them. Making a them and us situation, is a recipe for disaster. As you will further divide society

Hope you are well

I'm not angry Didge - well a little bit (although to be fair I am justified in standing up to bullying and bigotry) Just vastly disappointed in my fellow citizens who seem to think that he is a legitimate candidate when all they are doing is buying into soundbites.

These people don't want to listen to reasonable debate. They just want it their way or no way. Seriously. You cannot reason with toddlers having a temper tantrum and that is just what he and the vast majority of his supporters are like.

Yes the media has played a HUGE part in his uprise. They should never have given him the time of day but then he would just start whinging like he does.

I'm very well thanks, just tired. Got story time later and we are coloring easter eggs and it's gonna be mayhem! But tonight I get to go to a great Tapas restaurant and then to the symphony to hear Carmina Burana live for the first time.

Have a good one cat
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:28 pm

I'm a little confused here...

Isn't it already govt policy to enforce border controls and to deport illegal immigrants...!?

And to protect American citizens...!?

Aren't all presidential candidates proposing to do these basic things...!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:08 am

Cass wrote:
Didge wrote:

Hello me Lady 

Hope you are well

I'm not angry Didge - well a little bit (although to be fair I am justified in standing up to bullying and bigotry) Just vastly disappointed in my fellow citizens who seem to think that he is a legitimate candidate when all they are doing is buying into soundbites.

These people don't want to listen to reasonable debate. They just want it their way or no way. Seriously. You cannot reason with toddlers having a temper tantrum and that is just what he and the vast majority of his supporters are like.

Yes the media has played a HUGE part in his uprise. They should never have given him the time of day but then he would just start whinging like he does.

I'm very well thanks, just tired. Got story time later and we are coloring easter eggs and it's gonna be mayhem! But tonight I get to go to a great Tapas restaurant and then to the symphony to hear Carmina Burana live for the first time.

Have a good one cat

The best way to beat a bully me Lady, is to divide and conquer his fan base, where without his fuel, his followers. His ability to then have any effect, will have been greatly diminished. What the Democrats and Republicans should have done or should do is join forces for this one sole purpose to combat Trump as a united front, no matter their political views. Divided just plays into his hands. If Trump supporters saw then Republicans  joining with Democrats over Trump, it will sow the seed of doubt in them. They know that the other republicans have a following, even if smaller than Trumps, which would finish his chances of being elected. If however they remain divided then more will be drawn to his cause from the Republican side as hedging their bets on one person. This also is dramatically effecting the Republican Party, which may never recover or in fact split in two, but this is where the main Republican and democrat players need to swallow some pride and work together to defeat Trump. Its doubtful he would win, but he needs to be crushed in the elections to put an end to it once and for all. If he comes a a close second, he will be after trying again.

lol sounds like you have got your hands full, so hope you have a wonderful weekend and best wishes to your family

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:15 am

Didge wrote:
Cass wrote:
Didge wrote:

Hello me Lady 

Hope you are well

Have a good one cat

The best way to beat a bully me Lady, is to divide and conquer his fan base, where without his fuel, his followers. His ability to then have any effect, will have been greatly diminished. What the Democrats and Republicans should have done or should do is join forces for this one sole purpose to combat Trump as a united front, no matter their political views. Divided just plays into his hands. If Trump supporters saw then Republicans  joining with Democrats over Trump, it will sow the seed of doubt in them. They know that the other republicans have a following, even if smaller than Trumps, which would finish his chances of being elected. If however they remain divided then more will be drawn to his cause from the Republican side as hedging their bets on one person. This also is dramatically effecting the Republican Party, which may never recover or in fact split in two, but this is where the main Republican and democrat players need to swallow some pride and work together to defeat Trump. Its doubtful he would win, but he needs to be crushed in the elections to put an end to it once and for all. If he comes a a close second, he will be after trying again.

lol sounds like you have got your hands full, so hope you have a wonderful weekend and best wishes to your family

Didge, as a Democrat, I'm satisfied that the Democrats are working hard to defeat Trump Smile

Seriously, they don't sink to his level nearly as often as his Republican rivals have, but they're not ignoring him. And he shouldn't be ignored. When something dangerous comes your way, somebody needs to stand up and point at it.

The media couldn't ignore the rise of Trump without committing utter journalistic malpractice, journalistic treason. If they had, things would be even worse because you know Trump would paint himself as an ignored or censored martyr, and that would just make his supporters even angrier and more motivated.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:08 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Didge wrote:

Didge, as a Democrat, I'm satisfied that the Democrats are working hard to defeat Trump Smile

Seriously, they don't sink to his level nearly as often as his Republican rivals have, but they're not ignoring him. And he shouldn't be ignored. When something dangerous comes your way, somebody needs to stand up and point at it.

The media couldn't ignore the rise of Trump without committing utter journalistic malpractice, journalistic treason. If they had, things would be even worse because you know Trump would paint himself as an ignored or censored martyr, and that would just make his supporters even angrier and more motivated.

Sorry Ben, but you are just one of over 318 million Americans and to think the democrats will be able to counter Trump to the extent he will lose badly in the elections, they cannot do that on their own, because again, getting on board Republicans is the key. Now do not get me wrong, I am against many Republican views, but the US is going to get to a stage where it comes to standstill of which it has already on voting through money. If people on both sides take the view not even wanting to work with each other, then again you will accomplish very little. There is such a thing as the rights of a democracy minority and that they are never abused. I never said ignored either not to give him as much airtime as you have been doing. You see none of you learn a damn thing about the last UK election, where on a far smaller scale the UK people were worried about Forage and UKIP and what did Cameron do? Avoided some of the debates and did not get entwined in all the farage mania. You need to stop making him the topic of conversation each day and what the Democrats should be offering to people. Deny him the platform he is craving and needs to pull more into him. When farage was starved of his time to debate Cameron, it left Farage slipping his lead. Now its up to you Ben, if you do not want to work with other Political groups, but you will never change them either if you ostracize them

All the best

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:12 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

Isn't it already govt policy to enforce border controls and to deport illegal immigrants...!?

Idea

TRUMP, however, goes further :

He wants to deport ALL Muslims.  Even those whose parents and forebears have lived as peaceful and law-abiding citizens for generations;
Trump wants to build an 800 mile long wall along the Mexican border - and claims that he somehow "will make them pay for it!";
Trump doesn't promise to protect US citizens, either -- on the contrary, he encourages his more rabid supporters to bash his opponents and protesters --  and has promised to pay any legal bills to defend his supporters..

TRUMP, and his support base,  are the very antithesis of democracy in action, and "free speech".
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:22 pm

Isn't it the so called 'democrats' who are going along to trump rallys and causing trouble...?

How very democratic...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:26 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Idea

TRUMP, however, goes further :

He wants to deport ALL Muslims.  Even those whose parents and forebears have lived as peaceful and law-abiding citizens for generations;
Trump wants to build an 800 mile long wall along the Mexican border - and claims that he somehow "will make them pay for it!";
Trump doesn't promise to protect US citizens, either -- on the contrary, he encourages his more rabid supporters to bash his opponents and protesters --  and has promised to pay any legal bills to defend his supporters..

TRUMP, and his support base,  are the very antithesis of democracy in action, and "free speech".

Trump was saying it might be a good idea to stop any more Muslims coming into America given the high threat of terrorism they pose...

And shouldn't the borders be strong enough to prevent illegal immigrants and smugglers...!?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:40 pm

Wow. What a concert. Chill bumps. Next week is Led Zeppelin tribute band with the full orchestra and a laser show. Hot damn. Mr. C is like who? Pfft...he will like it over his dead body!

Anyhoos happened to be a Bernie rally last night next door. Shame as I would have liked to listen. Im voting for Hilary but would like to see Bernie in her cabinet as well as Elizabeth Warren. No protesters, no riots. Trump's there tomorrow and President Clinton on Sunday (but I'm going to a Chinese instruments concert). Arizonas primary is Tuesday.

Thing is Didge these trump supporters don't trust anyone else. They are believe they are part of the vast conspiracy called the political elite in Washington so they don't want to listen to any other viewpoint. Personally I think America is still great. Sure we have problems - utopia is a nice idea but not practical and not happening. So his rhetoric about making America great again and taking back the country. From whom exactly? Fellow Americans who don't buy into his view? Rubbish.

Its too late in the game to stop giving him coverage. And even when they do let him rant and you listen to him he still evades the questions and goes back to whining how its all unfair to him.

As to working across the aisles? Well when you have the Senate majority leader and speaker of the house say right after an opposite party's person wins the Presidential race that they will not work with him AT ALL and will NOT vote any legislation sent by him - well then who is the problem here?

Donald Trump wont work with anyone but big business and what suits his own personal bettering. Ted Cruz is the same except its religion and not business. He wants a Christian Theocracy with their own version of Sharia law.

Donald Trump does not care about the middle or lower classes. He sounds off that he does but please show me any policy or even a hint of policy that shows how he plans to implement it. You cant. Because it doesn't exist beyond words like Build a wall and make Mexico pay or Bring back big industry.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down