NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Government Wants Longer School Days. Here's How They Should Be Used

3 posters

Go down

The Government Wants Longer School Days. Here's How They Should Be Used Empty The Government Wants Longer School Days. Here's How They Should Be Used

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:23 pm

government wants to see the school day extended by an hour for secondary school pupils, as part of a plan to end a "Victorian" approach to education.
George Osborne will unveil the proposals in his Budget speech on Wednesday, but the prospect of longer school days already has people speculating about what they should be used for - and practical skills seem to come out on top.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/what-extra-hour-school-day-should-be-used-for_uk_56e91840e4b096ed3adc8118?utm_hp_ref=uk

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The Government Wants Longer School Days. Here's How They Should Be Used Empty Re: The Government Wants Longer School Days. Here's How They Should Be Used

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:31 pm

And back to the debate

I think this is a good idea and can think of many benefits for children here

What do others think?

Back to top Go down

The Government Wants Longer School Days. Here's How They Should Be Used Empty Re: The Government Wants Longer School Days. Here's How They Should Be Used

Post by eddie Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:32 pm

Not sure didge.....my son currently works his behind off and adding an extra hour? I mean he stays behind after school to do extra work anyway and also does homework....Id like to hear why you think it's a good idea though? I can't see a postitve at the moment.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:06 pm

I guess you missed out too then.....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down