NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Legendary Bell Hooks - I can no longer support Hillary

2 posters

Go down

The Legendary Bell Hooks - I can no longer support Hillary Empty The Legendary Bell Hooks - I can no longer support Hillary

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:50 am

Back to top Go down

The Legendary Bell Hooks - I can no longer support Hillary Empty Re: The Legendary Bell Hooks - I can no longer support Hillary

Post by veya_victaous Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:06 am

The Legendary Bell Hooks - I can no longer support Hillary Must-see-imagery-ask-bill
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

The Legendary Bell Hooks - I can no longer support Hillary Empty Re: The Legendary Bell Hooks - I can no longer support Hillary

Post by Original Quill Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:18 pm

Bell is known for her intractability, if not obstinacy. As she has said:

Bell Hooks wrote:I will not have my life narrowed down. I will not bow down to somebody else's whim or to someone else's ignorance.

I see her point. It's an inevitable choice, given the nature of democratic politics.

We can either have the ideological purity of the rule of one, or we can have the inconsistencies of the rule of many. The rule of one--you recognize--is despotism. The rule of many requires negotiation and compromise.

Negotiation and compromise are just other terms for what Bell finds unacceptable. That's a decision she has to make: whether to abandon the consensus and lose the political clout of the many, or compromise and bring together enough power to make incremental changes--tho, not all the changes she'd like to see (purity).

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down