NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Viola Beach

+4
Tommy Monk
Major
Syl
Raggamuffin
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Viola Beach - Page 2 Empty Viola Beach

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

Did you see the reports of the terrible accident involving the British band, Viola Beach, and their Manager? They were in Sweden on their way back from a gig last month, and they went into a canal after a portion of bridge was raised to allow a boat through. They were all killed.

The investigator said he thought it was deliberate, but has now clarified what he meant, and said he didn't mean that the driver deliberately drove into the canal. It's possible that the driver didn't understand the signs.

So sad - they were so young with their lives ahead of them.  

Witnesses reported seeing the car going though red lights and barriers before the Warrington band's car plunged 80ft (24m) into a canal off a bridge, the middle section of which was raised.

Mr Berglund told Mirror reporter Rhian Lubin: "I have not suggested that [the driver] was doing this in order to kill himself or the band. I said he was making a move from the right lane to the left lane and that was not accidental.

"We can see the brake lights. His intention was to stop the car. But maybe his speed was too high and it was too late."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-35744255
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Viola Beach - Page 2 Empty Re: Viola Beach

Post by eddie Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:02 pm

It was strange that they went through barriers and lights and yet never stopped.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:09 pm

There appeared to be no attempt to examine the brakes on the car. It was pretty much wrecked so maybe it wasn't possible to do so. There were some reports that the brake lights did go on at one point.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:50 pm

If a car goes into a river/lake etc, then it would float for a time, until the point where it had taken in enough water and lost enough air inside it to then sink...

Strange enough firstly that the car drove how it did...

Then secondly how none of them were able to get out...

Thirdly how there could be so much damage to a car that fell into some water...

Fourthly... I find it very odd as to the level of secrecy around it all as well as the info that has been released being unconvincing and somewhat contradictory...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:54 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

If a car goes into a river/lake etc, then it would float for a time, until the point where it had taken in enough water and lost enough air inside it to then sink...

Strange enough firstly that the car drove how it did...

Then secondly how none of them were able to get out...

Thirdly how there could be so much damage to a car that fell into some water...

Fourthly... I find it very odd as to the level of secrecy around it all as well as the info that has been released being unconvincing and somewhat contradictory...

I think the car hit the bridge though, so the roof would have been very damaged, and it would have sunk very quickly. In addition to that, it's possible that the tanker which was passing through also damaged the car underneath it.

I think that four of them died straight away when the car hit the bridge, and one drowned, but he was probably badly injured anyway. Three were thrown from the car when it went into the canal.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:04 pm

I read that all of them were in car when pulled out of water... and that damage was done (squashed roof) during removal of car... then later this changed to damage maybe caused by ship going over top of it...

But surely if an 'accident' like that had happened... then all ships/boats would have been ordered to stop and prevented from entering and crossing area until proper emergency search&rescue had been completed...?

Do you know of any links with detailed information on what exactly happened...?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:13 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:I read that all of them were in car when pulled out of water... and that damage was done (squashed roof) during removal of car... then later this changed to damage maybe caused by ship going over top of it...

But surely if an 'accident' like that had happened... then all ships/boats would have been ordered to stop and prevented from entering and crossing area until proper emergency search&rescue had been completed...?

Do you know of any links with detailed information on what exactly happened...?

I read that the three in the back were thrown from the car as they were not wearing seat belts. The two in the front were in the car because they were wearing seat belts.

Early reports said that witnesses in the tanker saw something fall but thought it was a ice or snow. I think what happened is that the bridge was raised and the car went into it so the roof was torn off or badly damaged, and that's when most of them died - of head injuries.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:24 pm

Post-mortems found Mr Lowe had died as a result of drowning and the other four men died from head injuries.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/viola-beach-bridge-crash-mystery-9408601

This suggests that four of them died before the car went into the water. That could have been by the car hitting the edge of the part of the bridge which was being raised, or by injuries sustained as the car went into the canal - it was quite a long way down.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:14 pm

Just a thought -- sometimes people have heart attacks behind the wheel. I know the driver was only 32 but it can happen to anybody.

A man had a heart attack while driving near where I worked years ago, and it caused him to jam his foot on the accelerator and drive his car through a rock wall in front of someone's house.

Could also have been a stroke, seizure, etc.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:27 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Just a thought -- sometimes people have heart attacks behind the wheel. I know the driver was only 32 but it can happen to anybody.

A man had a heart attack while driving near where I worked years ago, and it caused him to jam his foot on the accelerator and drive his car through a rock wall in front of someone's house.

Could also have been a stroke, seizure, etc.

It's a possibility. There's no mention of anything like that, but maybe it wasn't possible to investigate that.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:10 pm

I thought this video was interesting. The theory is that after Craig Tarry went through the first barrier by mistake, he might have thought he was on the part of the bridge which was going to rise or open, so he drove fast to get off it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YXZ8M-vHZg

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:25 pm

Seems a really poor judgement killed them all then.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2