NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Britain has most honest citizens in the world... because politicians are less corrupt

4 posters

Go down

Britain has most honest citizens in the world... because politicians are less corrupt Empty Britain has most honest citizens in the world... because politicians are less corrupt

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:16 pm

Corruption in government and big business has a knock on effect, making citizens less moral, a study has shown. Britain has the most trustworthy citizens in the world because our politicians are less corrupt than those abroad, say psychologists, suggesting honesty really is the best policy. New research has found that honesty is not a universal trait, but is primarily governed by the ethics of a country's leaders. If elections are rigged or politicians are open to bribes, or there is high level of tax evasion and fraud, then the bad behaviour from on-high trickles down into the general population. Academics at the University of Nottingham tested the honesty of 2,500 young people who were unlikely to be aware of the level of corruption in their homeland.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/12189003/Britain-has-most-honest-citizens-in-the-world...-because-politicians-are-less-corrupt.html

Back to top Go down

Britain has most honest citizens in the world... because politicians are less corrupt Empty Re: Britain has most honest citizens in the world... because politicians are less corrupt

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:46 pm

I think the base assumption "our politicians are less corrupt than those abroad" is erroneous. thye are NOT "less corrupt...just better at hiding it.....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Britain has most honest citizens in the world... because politicians are less corrupt Empty Re: Britain has most honest citizens in the world... because politicians are less corrupt

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:48 pm

Lord Foul wrote:I think the base assumption "our politicians are less corrupt than those abroad" is erroneous. thye are NOT "less corrupt...just better at hiding it.....

But if that was the case, it should come to light that there is at least many claims Victor
I actually think there maybe some merit to the view that people may believe that they are and whether that works for honesty in the people. Even if you ended up being correct, its being well hidden.

Back to top Go down

Post by captain Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:57 pm

Lord Foul wrote:I think the base assumption "our politicians are less corrupt than those abroad" is erroneous. thye are NOT "less corrupt...just better at hiding it.....

You have got that right. Smile They are rotten inside and out.
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:03 pm

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2014/oct/29/todays-key-fact-you-are-probably-wrong-about-almost-everything

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:09 pm

Didge wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2014/oct/29/todays-key-fact-you-are-probably-wrong-about-almost-everything
whassat gotta do with bent politicians???

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:56 pm

I find that people who talk about how honest they are, usually are very honest Laughing

"splutter"
Britain has most honest citizens in the world... because politicians are less corrupt 3489511464
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:57 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
Didge wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2014/oct/29/todays-key-fact-you-are-probably-wrong-about-almost-everything
whassat gotta do with bent politicians???

People having poor perceptions

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:02 pm

cash for access

expenses fiddles

god alone knows what we never get to hear about

"how do you know a politician is lying"

his lips are moving

Rolling Eyes

all brands all colours all parties

the only question is are the lies and corruption slanting the table you way or the "captains of industry's" way
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:07 pm

Lord Foul wrote:cash for access

expenses fiddles

god alone knows what we never get to hear about

"how do you know a politician is lying"

his lips are moving

Rolling Eyes

all brands all colours all parties

the only question is are the lies and corruption slanting the table you way or the "captains of industry's" way

Did you read the study>?

Clearly not

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:12 pm

yep...but even were it to be totally correct....

the reality of life is ...perceptions matter

and the politicians have given enough feed to the "bent politician" perception

what with

cash for acess

expenses fiddles

tax fiddles

etc etc

over the years for any suspicion of corruption to have a firm foundation....

I wouldnt trust a politician with a 50p coin down the shop on an errand for me......
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:12 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I find that people who talk about how honest they are, usually are very honest Laughing

"splutter"
Britain has most honest citizens in the world... because politicians are less corrupt 3489511464

Hey LF, I think you edited my quote rather than responding. It's ok, I've done the same Britain has most honest citizens in the world... because politicians are less corrupt 2190311264
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:14 pm

Lord Foul wrote:yep...but even were it to be totally correct....

what with

cash for acess

expenses fiddles

tax fiddles

etc etc

I wouldnt trust a politician with a 50p coin down the shop on an errand for me......

Which proves you have not read the study

The study is not based on who Victor trusts individually

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:16 pm

Here is the study if anyone is interested in reading

http://www.nature.com/articles/nature17160.epdf?referrer_access_token=drcZOIUVdz2_ojq7LE6JQtRgN0jAjWel9jnR3ZoTv0MWqP4mU3YdVLtCp9O1YZz0043gnHbMv1DHpcIpMauFnDH8u-3rZhpUTZfuZ3OTaqxpGPVSAiTPPMS8PCTQ3-9o0oLBiOZKyhKvjMQs5nZc6P8T6qhXShXT5IDQD-bsRJMHPuhaloo1V087KBvHhZplBMY8S5SR7NV-meWN8jY4Ghlg7T1dYXXUBPM0dSfOf6gyc9zlgZ9EXZNWQzou2lbA-dvJrWKe42zs8J_NkED5MLMWnlnu_WYmFaUxjg6mqXvIa_1TViNfEriYWwFHJ7r9&tracking_referrer=www.telegraph.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:22 pm

Didge wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:yep...but even were it to be totally correct....

what with

cash for acess

expenses fiddles

tax fiddles

etc etc

but who I trust.reflects into the situation doesnt it...and my attitude can be reflected/taken up by others...

so IN THE REAL WORLD.....perceptions of individuals matters......
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:31 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
Didge wrote:

but who I trust.reflects into the situation doesnt it...and my attitude can be reflected/taken up by others...

so IN THE REAL WORLD.....perceptions of individuals matters......

Not when in regards to 62 million people and you are just one

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:40 pm

and potentialy my views can influence the views of

friends
relations
casual aquaintences
the guy I randomly chatted with in McD's
possibly someone on here

so the "individual" can matter.....

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:47 am

Lord Foul wrote:and potentialy my views can influence the views of

friends
relations
casual aquaintences
the guy I randomly chatted with in McD's
possibly someone on here

so the "individual" can matter.....

Potentially is not a case that you have with many at all

The point is this study is not based on Victor and again read the study before casting judgement

All individuals can matter, never claimed they did not but will their individual view count more than the collective views collated based in regards to honesty?

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:41 am

Didge wrote:Corruption in government and big business has a knock on effect, making citizens less moral, a study has shown. Britain has the most trustworthy citizens in the world because our politicians are less corrupt than those abroad, say psychologists........

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/12189003/Britain-has-most-honest-citizens-in-the-world...-because-politicians-are-less-corrupt.html

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...hah..

Britain has most honest citizens in the world... because politicians are less corrupt 3489511464    Britain has most honest citizens in the world... because politicians are less corrupt 3489511464    Britain has most honest citizens in the world... because politicians are less corrupt 3489511464

What a load !
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:33 am

Is there a link to a free version of the full study?  Don't feel like paying £22 to read it.

Hands up who paid £22 to read it?

Last edited by sassy on Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:34 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Didge wrote:Corruption in government and big business has a knock on effect, making citizens less moral, a study has shown. Britain has the most trustworthy citizens in the world because our politicians are less corrupt than those abroad, say psychologists........

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...hah..

Britain has most honest citizens in the world... because politicians are less corrupt 3489511464    Britain has most honest citizens in the world... because politicians are less corrupt 3489511464    Britain has most honest citizens in the world... because politicians are less corrupt 3489511464

What a load !

lol jealousy ha ha ha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:50 am

Has anyone read the study then?

So I can have a link to a free one?

I doubt anyone here paid £22 to download it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:11 am

For the second time in two days posting the full link of the study

http://www.nature.com/articles/nature17160.epdf?referrer_access_token=drcZOIUVdz2_ojq7LE6JQtRgN0jAjWel9jnR3ZoTv0MWqP4mU3YdVLtCp9O1YZz0043gnHbMv1DHpcIpMauFnDH8u-3rZhpUTZfuZ3OTaqxpGPVSAiTPPMS8PCTQ3-9o0oLBiOZKyhKvjMQs5nZc6P8T6qhXShXT5IDQD-bsRJMHPuhaloo1V087KBvHhZplBMY8S5SR7NV-meWN8jY4Ghlg7T1dYXXUBPM0dSfOf6gyc9zlgZ9EXZNWQzou2lbA-dvJrWKe42zs8J_NkED5MLMWnlnu_WYmFaUxjg6mqXvIa_1TViNfEriYWwFHJ7r9&tracking_referrer=www.telegraph.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down