NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dementia Shake-Up: Health Checks For Over-40s

2 posters

Go down

Dementia Shake-Up: Health Checks For Over-40s Empty Dementia Shake-Up: Health Checks For Over-40s

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:09 am

here are plans to make the UK the "most dementia-friendly" society in the world by 2020.
The Government has outlined a number of commitments, aimed at raising awareness and improving diagnosis rates, including:

• Introducing an Ofsted-style ratings system for diagnosis and quality of care across the country.

• Carrying out mental health checks with people aged 40 and older, rather than with people over 65 as is currently done.

• Aiming to get 10% of people diagnosed with dementia involved in research.

Dementia affects 850,000 people in the UK, resulting in the loss of brain cells.
Paul Seymour was diagnosed at the age of 54 after realising he couldn't remember his granddaughter's name.

http://news.sky.com/story/1654223/dementia-shake-up-health-checks-for-over-40s

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Dementia Shake-Up: Health Checks For Over-40s Empty Re: Dementia Shake-Up: Health Checks For Over-40s

Post by Syl Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:35 pm

Stormee wrote:As you get older you seem to hear about, associate with someone who has dementia, it seems so common nowadays.
Anything which will help is welcome in my eyes.

Years ago I reckon people had it and were put into the mad house.

Also I think when I was young everyone knew of someone who was a bit 'mad'. Older people who obviously had dementia and would chase the kids away or swear or create scenes in public. People avoided them and kids would laugh at them.

Thankfully nowadays people are more understanding, though there is still not much help for many.

I don't think I would have that test...if there was a cure I would, but there isn't so I would rather not know in advance what the future may hold.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Dementia Shake-Up: Health Checks For Over-40s Empty Re: Dementia Shake-Up: Health Checks For Over-40s

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down