NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dating site refused to ban serial rapist.

+3
eddie
HoratioTarr
Syl
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dating site refused to ban serial rapist. Empty Dating site refused to ban serial rapist.

Post by Syl Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:10 pm

Businessman Jason Lawrance has today been given a life sentence after being found guilty of five rapes, an attempted rape and a sex assault on seven women aged between 40 and 59.
Four women who became his victims complained to the dating site ..match.com.
He contacted thousands of victims after joining the dating site in 2009.
Match.com allowed Lawrance to keep on using the site even after the complaints.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/matchcom-rapist-stay-dating-site-7481743

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-35718370
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Dating site refused to ban serial rapist. Empty Re: Dating site refused to ban serial rapist.

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:18 pm

Syl wrote:Businessman Jason Lawrance has today been given a life sentence after being found guilty of five rapes, an attempted rape and a sex assault on seven women aged between 40 and 59.
Four women who became his victims complained to the dating site ..match.com.
He contacted thousands of victims after joining the dating site in 2009.
Match.com allowed Lawrance to keep on using the site even after the complaints.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/matchcom-rapist-stay-dating-site-7481743

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-35718370

I bet the place is teeming with pervs.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Dating site refused to ban serial rapist. Empty Re: Dating site refused to ban serial rapist.

Post by Syl Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:26 pm

I imagine most dating sites are.
Not that there is anything wrong with using them ....but I bet you have to sift through a lot of online frogs to find a prince. alien
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:28 pm

Syl wrote:I imagine most dating sites are.
Not that there is anything wrong with using them ....but I bet you have to sift through a lot of online frogs to find a prince. alien

I bet there's a fair share of nutty females aboard too.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:30 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:I imagine most dating sites are.

Yep...them too.
Females don't rape men though....well I remember one called Joyce something once who did, but she was the exception to the rule.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:33 pm

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Yep...them too.
Females don't rape men though....well I remember one called Joyce something  once who did, but she was the exception to the rule.

Well, you'd think not.  But some blokes maintain they have been raped and molested.   Ah, yes, Joyce.   She was a call girl wasn't she?  Looked like a hamster.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:42 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:

Yep...them too.
Females don't rape men though....well I remember one called Joyce something  once who did, but she was the exception to the rule.

Well, you'd think not.  But some blokes maintain they have been raped and molested.   Ah, yes, Joyce.   She was a call girl wasn't she?  Looked like a hamster.

She was a beauty queen.......allegedly.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2025500/Joyce-McKinney-Madam-Mayhem-loves-Mormon-missionary-kidnapped.html

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:46 pm

Dating sites are all online and people would have to pretty silly to meet up somewhere private with a stranger!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:52 pm

eddie wrote:Dating sites are all online and people would have to pretty silly to meet up somewhere private with a stranger!

The dating site refused to ban him because he had never done anything wrong on their website....which is a pretty lame excuse when 4 different women who had met him on their website reported him.

I agree that to meet a virtual stranger privately is daft, but people are gullible and stupid and he was obviously an accomplished liar.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:56 pm

Nasty piece of work.
He will still find a way to join another one.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:59 pm

eddie wrote:Nasty piece of work.

He has got life eddie....hopefully by the time he is released he will be too old to harm anymore gullible women.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:10 pm

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:Nasty piece of work.

He has got life eddie....hopefully by the time he is released he will be too old to harm anymore gullible women.

Here's hoping then. But life never means life, does it? No
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:58 pm

If any good has come out of this case it has forced dating sites to listen to and act on complaints about members, they have a responsibility.
If the women who had been attacked by this man had been listened to years ago he would have been stopped back then from preying on  then raping and sexually abusing so many women.
For 'Match.com' to keep him on their books after they knew all this is incomprehensible.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:01 pm

To be fair though, women shouldn't be arranging to meet men they don't know unless they do so in a public place.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:51 pm

True, the women were naïve and foolhardy, but I suppose lots of women who use dating sites feel they know the person they are meeting if they have chatted for any length of time.

This dating site has been remiss though, they are matching people up, and if a member is known to abuse women (they were told four times he was dangerous) they surely have a responsibility to act on this.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:10 pm

Syl wrote:True, the women were naïve and foolhardy, but I suppose lots of women who use dating sites feel they know the person they are meeting if they have chatted for any length of time.

This dating site has been remiss though, they are matching people up, and if a member is known to abuse women (they were told four times he was dangerous) they surely have a responsibility to act on this.

He wasn't using his real name though, so how would know it was him registering? He got them to talk to him outside of the website, which they had no control over.

They should have taken him off in the names he was using after the women complained though.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:22 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:True, the women were naïve and foolhardy, but I suppose lots of women who use dating sites feel they know the person they are meeting if they have chatted for any length of time.

He wasn't using his real name though, so how would know it was him registering? He got them to talk to him outside of the website, which they had no control over.

They should have taken him off in the names he was using after the women complained though.

He was crafty, said he couldn't upload his photo on the site or something, and got the women to talk to him off the site before he met them.

He used two different names but according to one of the women he raped  the site "didn't give a damn" At least one of hsi victims who reported him said their  response was  because he had not actually written anything abusive on their site they were powerless to act.

They could have though, probably didn't want the bad publicity.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:32 pm

Suspect

Straight off, it's not good enough to listen to only a hadful of complaints, and then act on that alone...

What sites like that SHOULD be doing though, is investigating such complaints, checking with the police in the relevant jurisdictions to verify that such crimes have been reported -- and then working with those authorities to deal with offenders -- as well as removing him/her from their databases..

COSTS ?  With so many (claimed) members, those datings sites should be well able to employ a suitable investigator.

And yes, Syl, women can be rapists/sex offenders, too - as well as gold diggers, fraudsters, scammers, and thieves - just as easily as what the men can do..

Dating site refused to ban serial rapist. 3239900740
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:59 pm

Stormee wrote:I think it is a risky business and would NOT want any female I was fond of to be involved with such sites albeit they should be able to be safe but they aren't, FACT.
How much different is it 'really' from picking out someone in a pub and making a date?
Blokes are always on hunt for a wench, it is human nature. FACT
Females who go on these sites must be aware they are taking a risk meeting up with someone they have never met in the flesh or 'really' know anything about.
Is it really much different to blokes on the hunt when on holiday as for every conquest there is a female usually willing.

It is strange old world and I would like to believe more females have their heads screwed on tight and do not put themselves at risk cus blokes on the hunt will be waiting.

The real culprits here are the rotten blokes not the site, the police are the people to sort out rapists and sex fiends.

It's just another way to meet people who might have something in common, and people who meet in a pub should also arrange to meet in a public place. It's just common sense really.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:01 pm

Safe if you make it safe.  Before I met OH if met some lovely people from dating sites who have remained friends.  Rule - always, always meet in a restaurant/cafe/bar etc with other people around.  Never give your phone number and address, always go home by taxi, always tell a friend where you are going, always have a get-out clause, ie riing me 10 minutes after the time of the date so I can say I have heard there is an emergency at home if I don't like the look of him.

Really, it's exactly what you should do if you meet anyone anywhere.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:11 pm

Stormee wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

It's just another way to meet people who might have something in common, and people who meet in a pub should also arrange to meet in a public place. It's just common sense really.

It is still a risk wherever you meet cus eventually human nature dictates the hunter will make a sexual move so then the females self preservation should kick in before she goes somewhere private for you know what, she needs to be wide awake and not had too much booze unless she is of the same mind as the geeza.

Before putting herself at risk she needs to find out things about him and run check on him, home phone number, place of work, car reg and write it down.

Girls, be wide awake and safe.

I agree, but there are a lot of dozy women around who get drunk, go home with a stranger, and then complain they were raped because they can't remember what happened.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:46 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:

Suspect

Straight off, it's not good enough to listen to only a hadful of complaints, and then act on that alone...

What sites like that SHOULD be doing though, is investigating such complaints, checking with the police in the relevant jurisdictions to verify that such crimes have been reported -- and then working with those authorities to deal with offenders -- as well as removing him/her from their databases..

COSTS ?  With so many (claimed) members, those datings sites should be well able to employ a suitable investigator.

And yes, Syl, women can be rapists/sex offenders, too - as well as gold diggers, fraudsters, scammers, and thieves - just as easily as what the men can do..

Dating site refused to ban serial rapist. 3239900740

I have yet to read or hear about a man who has been raped by a woman he has met on a dating site.

I agree that female gold diggers and the rest use dating sites as a means to trap gullible men though.

Obviously the site should have not only banned him but reported him to the police....and maybe if the police had taken the allegations more seriously (he was arrested on one occasion and not charged through lack of evidence) he would have been caught a lot sooner.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:51 pm

Stormee wrote:I think it is a risky business and would NOT want any female I was fond of to be involved with such sites albeit they should be able to be safe but they aren't, FACT.
How much different is it 'really' from picking out someone in a pub and making a date?
Blokes are always on hunt for a wench, it is human nature. FACT
Females who go on these sites must be aware they are taking a risk meeting up with someone they have never met in the flesh or 'really' know anything about.
Is it really much different to blokes on the hunt when on holiday as for every conquest there is a female usually willing.

It is strange old world and I would like to believe more females have their heads screwed on tight and do not put themselves at risk cus blokes on the hunt will be waiting.

The real culprits here are the rotten blokes not the site, the police are the people to sort out rapists and sex fiends.

The site has to take some responsibility though Stormee.....they allowed him to continue to use the site and  prey on women even after FOUR women had told them he had raped them or sexually abused them.

Dating is always a risky business if a person doesn't take precautions, whether online or in person, but at least in person you are not meeting a total stranger....you can get a feel of them by their actions etc...and instinct is important when summing someone up face to face.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:54 pm

sassy wrote:Safe if you make it safe.  Before I met OH if met some lovely people from dating sites who have remained friends.  Rule - always, always meet in a restaurant/cafe/bar etc with other people around.  Never give your phone number and address, always go home by taxi, always tell a friend where you are going, always have a get-out clause, ie riing me 10 minutes after the time of the date so I can say I have heard there is an emergency at home if I don't like the look of him.

Yes it's all common sense, sadly lacking in some people.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:54 pm

Bit like forums  lol!
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:56 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:

Bit like forums  lol!

Exactly like that. Laughing
I think some people have used these chat/debate forums as dating sites (probably not here though, everyone seems too old) Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:08 pm

Rubbish...i feel like an 18 Yo

trouble is.......

i cant catch the feisty little she devils any more...... Laughing
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:34 pm

Stormee wrote:
sassy wrote:Safe if you make it safe.  Before I met OH if met some lovely people from dating sites who have remained friends.  Rule - always, always meet in a restaurant/cafe/bar etc with other people around.  Never give your phone number and address, always go home by taxi, always tell a friend where you are going, always have a get-out clause, ie riing me 10 minutes after the time of the date so I can say I have heard there is an emergency at home if I don't like the look of him.

"Remained friends,", strange, does your OH approve? Sassy

Strange?  Are you so old fashioned that you think men and woman cannot be friends?  My OH approves very much, he's friends with them as well now.  He's also friends with my ex husband, my children's father, who came to my recent birthday party.  As for the friends off the dating sites, met, got to know each other, liked each other, found each other interesting, didn't fancy each other, but wanted to be friends and keep in touch.  I find it strange that you find that strange.

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:35 pm

sassy wrote:
Stormee wrote:

"Remained friends,", strange, does your OH approve? Sassy

Strange?  Are you so old fashioned that you think men and woman cannot be friends?  My OH approves very much, he's friends with them as well now.  He's also friends with my ex husband, my children's father, who came to my recent birthday party.  As for the friends off the dating sites, met, got to know each other, liked each other, found each other interesting, didn't fancy each other, but wanted to be friends and keep in touch.  I find it strange that you find that strange.

I'm friends with ex's.  Why not?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:36 pm

Stormee wrote:I used to have a buddy who liked wedding cake, married, divorced 4 women.
He could not do without them and used to do his late night shopping in Tesco where he said he used to 'pick up lonely women'.
Wonder if many do this?

Clearly, he was either sex mad, or just plain odd and lonely.   Picking up women in late shopping times in Tesco is creepy as fuck.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:38 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Stormee wrote:I used to have a buddy who liked wedding cake, married, divorced 4 women.
He could not do without them and used to do his late night shopping in Tesco where he said he used to 'pick up lonely women'.
Wonder if many do this?

Clearly, he was either sex mad, or just plain odd and lonely.   Picking up women in late shopping times in Tesco is creepy as fuck.

Seconded!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:39 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
sassy wrote:

I'm friends with ex's.  Why not?

Exactly.  We were married for 22 yrs, he's a nice man, we just wanted different things out of life after all that time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:55 pm

Stormee wrote:Sassy, your claim is in the plural which is the 'strange' part in my eyes, a singular odd friendship I have heard of..
Did you have any problems on these multiple sites you went on?

Please do not swear, you know I do not like it.

Oh for goodness sake Stormee

1.  I don't care if you don't like swearing

2.  I went out and became friends with quite a few over the 3 years before I found my OH.  I also had one that we really wanted a relationship but he lived in London with a son who was disabled from a car accident, and I lived in Essex with a daughter with a bad disability that I cared for, and my grandaughter, so it wasn't practical.    And just to make your hair stand on end further, he was a Sikh and bloody gorgeous.  Now don't have a heart attack will you Rolling Eyes

You really are so old fashioned, and that has nothing to do with age, but mindset and attitude.  Rather sad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:02 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Wonder if many do this?

The women obviously didn't think so, unless they were creepy as well. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:17 pm

Stormee wrote:There are not many men who are NOT sex mad which equates to women they go with being the same.
If you have been in the music, entertainment industry and seen some female antics with men in carparks, toilets etc you may have a different opinion.
Wham bam thank you mam, they are all over the town centres at weekends and music festival.

Oh dear, I think you have just told us what you are, not what men are.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:26 pm

Stormee wrote:
sassy wrote:

Oh dear, I think you have just told us what you are, not what men are.

Don't get personal and insulting, I have been civil with you.

No, you haven't been civil with me, you have been underhand and calculating when trying to make out there might be something wrong with my friendships and that my OH might not know about them.  You are very transparent.

And your post does say more about you than it does about men in general.  Men are just as emotional, just as loving, just as comforting as women.  They want an intelligent, supporting, passionate relationship exactly as women do, and it a minority that want just sex, and normally they are young and inexperienced and grow out of it when they mature.
Only the very shallow continue along the same path when they get older and they are to be avoided at all costs, because they normally don't treat women very well, they don't have the capacity.

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:38 pm

Stormee wrote:There are not many men who are NOT sex mad which equates to women they go with being the same.
If you have been in the music, entertainment industry and seen some female antics with men in carparks, toilets etc you may have a different opinion.
Wham bam thank you mam, they are all over the town centres at weekends and music festival.

yeah, and the STD clinics are bursting at the seams!  Dating site refused to ban serial rapist. 4152582110
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:38 am

Stormee wrote:
sassy wrote:

No, you haven't been civil with me, you have been underhand and calculating when trying to make out there might be something wrong with my friendships and that my OH might not know about them.  You are very transparent.

And your post does say more about you than it does about men in general.  Men are just as emotional, just as loving, just as comforting as women.  They want an intelligent, supporting, passionate relationship exactly as women do, and it a minority that want just sex, and normally they are young and inexperienced and grow out of it when they mature.
Only the very shallow continue along the same path when they get older and they are to be avoided at all costs, because they normally don't treat women very well, they don't have the capacity.

Its all in your guilty little mind Sassy which must be so burdensome for you.
I keep trying to offer you an olive branch but all you do is insult and swear and make things up.
You need to read exactly that which I scribe not what you ASSUME.

Words are there to convey not only their meaning, but the underlying thinking, or didn't you realise that.  The way you frame words says as much as the words you use.  And why would I be guilty about having friends, if you feel guilty about having friends I pity you.

The only olive branch you need to offer is an apology to defiling my daughter's memory (or trying to) and until such time as you do that and underburden yourself I have no wish or need for your branch.

You also need to stop lying about being insulted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:09 am

Stormee wrote:
sassy wrote:

Words are there to convey not only their meaning, but the underlying thinking, or didn't you realise that.  The way you frame words says as much as the words you use.  And why would I be guilty about having friends, if you feel guilty about having friends I pity you.

The only olive branch you need to offer is an apology to defiling my daughter's memory (or trying to) and until such time as you do that and underburden yourself I have no wish or need for your branch.

You also need to stop lying about being insulted.

Stop your vile disgusting mouth, it showz what you really are.

Your personul attackx, insultz upon me are legendary on here and forum world, you started on me as sune az I cayme here, the recordz will show such.
You have a reputation for UTTER RACISM regarding the Israeli conflict and not opposing the murduz, just look at your signature spamming map, trolling, lying, trying to outdo that which othuz say.

Anyone who tells forum world their alleged private business is really silly especially when you tell porkiz

You have brought the disbelief upon yourself yet you are privileged with unfair management protection even though your posts incite, break the rules.

BTW, your assuming that which you allege I think counts for nowt, are you a mind reader?

I will try again and offer the olive branch, bury the hatchet.

LEAVE ME ALONE.

Stormee xxxxx

You do see how very silly and hysterical your post looks compared with the eloquent and well written one above it, don't you Stormee?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next