NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

German adventurer found mummified on yacht

5 posters

Go down

German adventurer  found mummified on yacht Empty German adventurer found mummified on yacht

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:49 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3469044/Mummified-body-German-adventurer-vanished-inside-drifting-yacht-Philippines.html

Morbid but fascinating.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

German adventurer  found mummified on yacht Empty Re: German adventurer found mummified on yacht

Post by Guest Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:02 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3469044/Mummified-body-German-adventurer-vanished-inside-drifting-yacht-Philippines.html

Morbid but fascinating.

Isn't it really odd/abby-normal that with all of this internet technology and GPS tracking systems that his daughter hadn't stayed in touch with her dear pops.  Her mother had died from cancer shortly after divorcing her seafaring husband...but OMG Shocked

In 2009 in Mallorca he met another world sailer called Dieter who told Germany'v BILD newspaper: 'He was a very experienced sailor. I don't believe he would have sailed into a storm. I believe the mast broke after Manfred was already dead.'
His body was taken for an autopsy in Butuan City, the yacht was towed for a police inspection into the port of Barobo.
Police spokeswoman Goldie Lou Siega in the Philippines said; 'We have no evidence of a second person aboard and no weapon was found on the yacht.'
Dr Mark Benecke, a forensic criminologist in the city of Cologne, told BILD: 'The way he is sitting seems to indicate that death was unexpected, perhaps from a heart attack.'
The German embassy in Manila is working with local officials to trace his family in Germany. It is believed he has a daughter called Nina who works as the captain of a freight vessel.

Back to top Go down

German adventurer  found mummified on yacht Empty Re: German adventurer found mummified on yacht

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:25 pm

She didn't stay in touch with her father, but she did with her mummy.

(Too soon?)
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:53 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:She didn't stay in touch with her father, but she did with her mummy.

(Too soon?)

Awww, missed that if it was in the link; TY...but the old guy went the way of his 'PASSION' and very few of us will ever get to do just that in our final days on earth. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:11 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:She didn't stay in touch with her father, but she did with her mummy.

(Too soon?)
OMG
pale
and I thought us brits were quick with the sick jokes.....

Yes Ben, deffo too soon..... Laughing
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:13 pm

there a lot unanswered and strange
obviously wasn`t a traumatic death  given the body position so you can rule out heart attack
he had lots of electronic equipment in the video and the boat was afloat (not sure of how afloat) he had food and water would not be much of a issue on what looks like a well equipped boat

my best guess is suicide especially given the note

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:16 pm

Lord Foul wrote:

(Too soon?)
OMG
pale
and I thought us brits were quick with the sick jokes.....

Yes Ben, deffo too soon..... Laughing

Your words say yes but your smiley says LOL
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:15 am

korban dallas wrote:there a lot unanswered and strange
obviously wasn`t a traumatic death  given the body position so you can rule out heart attack
he had lots of electronic equipment in the video and the boat was afloat (not sure of how afloat) he had food and water would not be much of a issue on what looks like a well equipped boat

I feel he died of a heart attack, and that he'd been crying just before he died.  The way his head is slumped, as though he's going to sleep, or weary, or feeling unwell.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:18 am

How very sad, did his daughter not report him missing?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:22 am

HoratioTarr wrote:

I feel he died of a heart attack, and that he'd been crying just before he died.  The way his head is slumped, as though he's going to sleep, or weary, or feeling unwell.

Yes, unfortunately ...people do die in their sleep and more often then not it's men that expire that way Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:09 am

HoratioTarr wrote:

well as valid as any other theory at the moment
although personally, given the position of the body and limbs i think a heart attack is unlikely but not impossable it would have to have been sudden and massive but even then the natural tendency is to clutch your chest with your right arm

he does look "slumped " his legs are not under the table and he is leaning on his arm like e just shut his eyes and went to sleep and died

guess a post mortem will shed more light on this

But i reckon suicide brought on by grief and the loneliness of being at sea

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:58 am

I feel like a real asshole now...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:10 am

korban dallas wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

although personally, given the position of the body and limbs i think a heart attack is unlikely but not impossable it would have to have been sudden and massive but even then the natural tendency is to clutch your chest with your right arm

he does look "slumped " his legs are not under the table and he is leaning on his arm like e just shut his eyes and went to sleep and died

A heart attack is not necessarily what you see in the movies.   You can simply feel unwell, or faint, and then pass out.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:37 am

It's probably the angle of the photos, but it looks like his head should have slumped further down on the desk.

Very odd situation indeed.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:34 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:It's probably the angle of the photos, but it looks like his head should have slumped further down on the desk.

His body would have contracted as it dried, pulling up the bones a bit.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:37 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:It's probably the angle of the photos, but it looks like his head should have slumped further down on the desk.

I guess so. Do you think his face was on the desk when he died?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:03 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I guess so. Do you think his face was on the desk when he died?

His head might have been further back on his arm and then slumped forwards.   Hard to tell.  People have died standing up.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:33 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
korban dallas wrote:

A heart attack is not necessarily what you see in the movies.   You can simply feel unwell, or faint, and then pass out.
indeed i agree its not like the movies that`s why i qualified it with sudden and massive but the tendency to grasp the painful area is synonymous with chest and arm pain usually associated with a heart attack
but your quite correct some times its just like hitting a switch as we have seen with a few sports people recently
i suppose given position it could have been slow and painful or quick and painless it will take a autopsy to determine that i guess

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:41 pm

yea its the angle

if you try to copy his position you find that your  head will only "flop" so far
it looks like his head is on his upper arm in the photo but i think its just the angle as raggs suggested and his head is actually not supported

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:34 pm

There's a lot of greyish stuff on the desk, which appears to follow the shape of his arm, but in a slightly different position, and there's also some where his face would have been if it had been resting on the desk at one point.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:04 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:There's a lot of greyish stuff on the desk, which appears to follow the shape of his arm, but in a slightly different position, and there's also some where his face would have been if it had been resting on the desk at one point.

Probably skin and debris turned to dust.   He was clearly wearing shorts, and they are just smothered in the stuff.  I reckon he's been there for nearly a year.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:19 am

The  German sailor whose mummified body was found on his drifting yacht off the southern Philippines died from a heart attack just one week before his body was discovered, an autopsy has revealed.
Veteran seaman Manfred Fritz Bajorat was found dead on his 40-foot long vessel by two fishermen last Friday, with his mummified body pictured hunched over a table in the yacht's main cabin.
It was not known at the time how he died, but police confirmed today that an autopsy had revealed he suffered a heart attack about seven days prior to his body being discovered.

So it was a heart attack.  I'm finding hard to believe this body was in that state after just one week though!
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:22 am

One week?   I don't think so, who did the autopsy?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:25 am

HoratioTarr wrote:The  German sailor whose mummified body was found on his drifting yacht off the southern Philippines died from a heart attack just one week before his body was discovered, an autopsy has revealed.
Veteran seaman Manfred Fritz Bajorat was found dead on his 40-foot long vessel by two fishermen last Friday, with his mummified body pictured hunched over a table in the yacht's main cabin.
It was not known at the time how he died, but police confirmed today that an autopsy had revealed he suffered a heart attack about seven days prior to his body being discovered.

So it was a heart attack.  I'm finding hard to believe this body was in that state after just one week though!

This will come off as pretty gross but I really don't mean it to be; have you ever 'BRINED' any meat item??? 

And with all of that sea air and ocean salt --- that's what/why his remains were so mummified {per the article}...the yacht had taken on some serious water so chances are the poor man was in the midst of one or more of those horrible oceans storms that caused the cruise ships problems --- and they were way larger then his small yacht was.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:27 am

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!   But it's a theory ok.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:28 am

Poor chap. It doesn't look like he knew much about it though.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:32 am

Now you mention it aspca...he does look a bit like the bacon fresh out of the brine tub....

which reminds me I got a side to pull out tomorrow....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:34 am

HoratioTarr wrote:The  German sailor whose mummified body was found on his drifting yacht off the southern Philippines died from a heart attack just one week before his body was discovered, an autopsy has revealed.

well found HT

As to taking a week for the mummification given the right conditions dry,hot salty air ,yea i can see it

being inside the craft you would be surprised how hot it can get even without power easily in the 100% range
and with no to little airflow as the hatches where closed , salty dry air
pretty much perfect conditions

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down