NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Collecting Illegal Firearms

3 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Collecting Illegal Firearms Empty Re: Collecting Illegal Firearms

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:08 pm

12:14PM GMT 19 Feb 2016
A seemingly respectable parish council chairman who amassed the biggest arsenal of illegal weapons ever found in the UK collected firearms like some people collect stamps, police said as they revealed the full extent of his haul.
Officers found the terrifying collection of 463 firearms - including rifles, machine guns and an anti-tank missile along with 200,000 rounds of ammunition - at the home of crane operator James Arnold, 49, in Wyverstone, Suffolk.

Collecting Illegal Firearms Suffolk_Policewoma_3578450b

Collecting Illegal Firearms A_box_of_ammunitio_3578443b

Three months after the discovery and his arrest in April 2014, Arnold died of pancreatic cancer, meaning he could never face prosecution.

But as firearms dealer Anthony Buckland, 65, was jailed for at Norwich Crown Court for supplying some of the weapons, Suffolk Police opened up its armory to journalists to highlight the massive scale of the find.

GOOD GRIEF...I can't imagine the abject horror of having all of that fire power and ammunition in my home/next door/ or even in my block!  Or the safety for any emergency services that would have had to respond to a house fire~~~

There once was a time when our military were allowed to bring home with their uniforms and other wartime effects --- their weapons and other small hand held type of war devices!  My father was a house flipper {before there was a terminology for it}...but there were a few occasions when we would be doing demo on some historical old 3 story apartment building and find all sorts of 'military stash' stuck in the walls/floor boards and old rusty lockers!  Hearing that sound of something rolling across the ceiling and hearing my father scream - "GRENADE" - left a bone chilling memory in my mind.  I've never fled for my life {along with my 5 other siblings and mother} in such a chaotic way!  Collecting Illegal Firearms 1191311443
We vacated that old 3 story home until the local authorities and military could scourer the hidden stash and remove those old - REALLY OLD ammo containers that they found.  Something like 20+ live grenade were discovered in that 2nd floor abandoned old apartment building - stashed between the floor boards and the 1st floor ceiling!!!  affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:06 pm

bloody 'ell, and here's me buying a blast resistant cabinet simply to store 5,000 rounds of 12ga ammo
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:07 pm

Imagine if you lived in the terrace of houses and there was a fire!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:58 pm

Stormee wrote:
sassy wrote:Imagine if you lived in the terrace of houses and there was a fire!!!!!

Explain what would happen Sassy, accurately not guessing.
 well basically
Collecting Illegal Firearms 226-3810
Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:10 pm

Stormee wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
Stormee wrote:

Explain what would happen Sassy, accurately not guessing.
 well basically
Collecting Illegal Firearms 226-3810
Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

If ya reckon yer so clever explain.

what do you think fire does stormee?
If you lived in the terrace of house which all that ammo then the fire would spread rapidly and you might burn Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:12 pm

with the stuff he had got there is great risk of explosion, flying bullets and shrapnel

KA.......BOOOM

with 12 ga shells, a nasty fire and a few flying primers

but...I store em in a blast resistant cabinet under lock and key...even though I could quite legally shove em under me bed.....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:16 pm

well apart from the odd one or two that seem to appear ...in a coat pocket, under the van carpet
in the glove box, erm........

thing is ..they are "an every day item" to me...like keys etc...to mrs joe public however ....and when one falls out of your pocket as you get your wallet out....well just lets say, for some reason it kinda unnerves em a bit, leaves em inclined to panic etc... Laughing

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:17 pm

Lord Foul wrote:well apart from the odd one or two that seem to appear ...in  a coat pocket, under the van carpet
in the glove box, erm........

thing is ..they are "an every day item" to me...like keys etc...to mrs joe public however ....and when one falls out of your pocket as you get your wallet out....well just lets say, for some reason it kinda unnerves em a bit, leaves em inclined to panic etc... Laughing

imagine if you have darker skin Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing   "terrorist" they would cry
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down