NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

firearms

3 posters

Go down

firearms Empty firearms

Post by nicko Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:19 pm

As our friends overseas might know our police are carrying guns ready to act against any atrocity committed by ISIS. What worries me is that the guns our Police are carrying will not be powerfull enough to stop a suicidal attack by men who don't care if they die! Our police use the Heckler@ Koch mp5 machine pistol firing a 5.52 round.These rounds are not powerful enough to stop a determined man, indeed they will not penetrate a "bullet proof vest" . In the Gulf war my son hit a man with 4 rounds of 5.52 and he still kept coming, it took a round to the head to drop him.

In Ireland the Para's used the SLR 7. 62 round the same as that used in the AK47.This round would take your arm off if you were hit, and would go straight through a 9 inch wall. If it comes to a shoot out against ISIS our police will be sadly out gunned.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

firearms Empty Re: firearms

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:13 am

problem is nicko, they dont want stray rounds going through folks walls etc...

they dont want to be in a building and have rounds exiting left right and centre...

its a bit of a catch 22

they could of course use 7.62 frangible rounds.....which would solve the problem...though wouldnt penetrate a bullet proof vest....

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:01 pm

I'd be happy with them with a RCMP Webley .45.

Simple. Can't hurt it.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:22 pm

Lord Foul wrote:problem is nicko, they dont want stray rounds going through folks walls etc...

they dont want to be in a building and have rounds exiting left right and centre...

its a bit of a catch 22

they could of course use 7.62 frangible rounds.....which would solve the problem...though wouldnt penetrate a bullet proof vest....

and as a general rule our police do not carry guns like American police only specially trained firearms police tend to carry guns

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:06 pm

I see your point vic, but if a fanatic is spraying 7.62 rounds all over the place you have to drop him at once, and you can't guarantee a 5.52 round will do it.

And don't forget the police guns are only semi-auto.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down