NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man Gets Prison Sentence For Collecting Rainwater On His Own Property

3 posters

Go down

Man Gets Prison Sentence For Collecting Rainwater On His Own Property Empty Man Gets Prison Sentence For Collecting Rainwater On His Own Property

Post by eddie Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:21 pm

Collecting rainwater on your own property can now lead to jail time, as proven by a man from Oregon who was sentenced to prison for doing just that.

Who owns the rain? The US government, apparently so it seems.

Not so long ago, it was common practice across much of the world to collect rainwater into man made wells on your property to use for farming, irrigation and having fresh clean water. It was just as common as canning your own food, having knowledge of at least some basic survival skills, and being self-sufficient.

It wasn’t even that many generations ago that all of this was common practice – people born before WWII were pretty adept at these skills, as they were a necessity to survival. One of the main (and easiest) ways to ensure survival was to collecting rainwater on your own property. The practical uses for storing and collecting rainwater are numerous and many people across the world in rural areas still do it today for all of the reasons listed above. However, over the past few years, laws making the collection of rainwater illegal have been causing an uproar across the US.

Now, a man from Grey Point, Oregon has been sentenced to thirty days in prison for storing collected rainwater on his very own property – and the public is outraged.

Red more: http://yournewswire.com/man-gets-prison-sentence-for-collecting-rainwater-on-his-own-property/
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Man Gets Prison Sentence For Collecting Rainwater On His Own Property Empty Re: Man Gets Prison Sentence For Collecting Rainwater On His Own Property

Post by Guest Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:33 am

only in America i guess confused

Back to top Go down

Man Gets Prison Sentence For Collecting Rainwater On His Own Property Empty Re: Man Gets Prison Sentence For Collecting Rainwater On His Own Property

Post by Guest Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:45 am

Better not come to my house, I have 9 water butts, and they are all full after the bouts of really heavy rain we have had in between the sun!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:52 am

I wonder why. I mean, rainwater?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:27 am

Apparently Origon has a law that states it owns all the rainwater and snow run-off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:20 pm

I s'pose that is true in a legal sense. And when run-off becomes riparian in nature, a legal definition is probably necessary.

But if a child sticks her tongue out to catch a snowflake, should she be prosecuted for not paying her lunch tab? It seems that ridiculous.

I was just wondering if there is something we are missing. I guess it is just that ridiculous.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:32 pm

On the link u put up there was another link to a map where it showed all the states that don't allow the collection of rainwater.
I'll see if I can locate it.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:32 pm

Madness!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down