NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to turn off other people's signatures?

+5
veya_victaous
eddie
Syl
nicko
HoratioTarr
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How to turn off other people's signatures? Empty How to turn off other people's signatures?

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:48 pm

Some members are using huge images as sigs, as far as I can see. Is there any way of turning these off so I don't have to view them?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

How to turn off other people's signatures? Empty Re: How to turn off other people's signatures?

Post by Guest Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:59 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:Some members are using huge images as sigs, as far as I can see.  Is there any way of turning these off so I don't have to view them?

Place them on ignore is one way

Back to top Go down

How to turn off other people's signatures? Empty Re: How to turn off other people's signatures?

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:05 pm

[quote="Didge"][quote="HoratioTarr"]Some members are using huge images as sigs, as far as I can see.  Is there any way of turning these off so I don't have to view them?[/quote]

Place them on ignore is one way[/quote]

I just wondered if they could just be turned off in the preferences, but obviously not. No worries. Thanks.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:11 pm

Sassy, by any chance?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:15 pm

Never mind, it's fun and I'll probably change it again in a few days.  You are such a lot of moaning minnies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:00 pm

Sassy, your present one makes me laugh.
When we were away we went (by boat) to a small island which is sparsely inhabited. We found a lovely spot on the beach....not a soul for miles.
A while later a couple (who looked a lot like the two in your sig) came and made theselves comfy about 20 or 30 yards away......a vast empty beach, various coves and bays, yet they plonked right near us.
They then stripped completely, went for a paddle, fell over a few times (rocks in the water) gave a good view of their naked fronts and rears, then toddled back, got dressed and went off.

My OH was indignant, I thought it was hilarious and wanted to take a little video of them to show family cos it seemed so odd, but OH said I would look like a pervert so I didn't bother. Razz

We checked later, it wasn't a nudist beach.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:08 pm

Long time ago, when I lived in Somerset, my neighbour asked me if I'd like to take the dogs to the beach.  My then husband was at work, it was a hot day and the dogs were bored, so I said yes.  We went to Burnham on Sea - it has a really big beach.  When we got there, he proceeded to strip completely and let us just say he was VERY well endowed.  It wasn't a nudist beach either lol  He then proceeded to take the dogs down to the sea.  Well, he seemed comfortable, but a lot of people walking on the beach weren't.  However, I wasn't going to spoil his day, so he came back, sat on the towel and we had a picnic, me in my swimsuit, him in the nuddy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:26 pm

Lol.......I bet it spoiled his day that you carried on regardless....ignoring his assets (so to speak)
It's a form of exhibitionism really, to suddenly whip everything off in a most inappropriate place....funny though.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:28 pm

It was hilarious.  Told my husband when I got back, he said only I would have carried on as if nothing had happened lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:34 pm

sassy wrote:It was hilarious.  Told my husband when I got back, he said only I would have carried on as if nothing had happened lol

Laughing
I think I would have too Sassy.
I have been flashed a couple of times since I was an adult (the one when I was a kid was different) but as an adult I just look through the perv and carry on regardless.

I bet they go home all deflated.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:35 pm

Best thing to do, really takes the wind out of their sails so to speak lol

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:02 pm

When I was younger I was the person stripping off to jump in the sea Embarassed
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:09 pm

eddie wrote:When I was younger I was the person stripping off to jump in the sea Embarassed

You probably did it for a laugh with mates though...... Razz

The ones I have seen are fat, old , and truth be told would look a lot better in a cossie or shorts.

Nude beaches are more common than you would expect. In Wales there is a nudist beach right near us....never seen any takers though, it's a bit chilly.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:58 pm

I wouldn't do it now!
Children would cry.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:51 pm

I have had a look and I dont think so.

Sassy can you Please make your signature smaller How to turn off other people's signatures? 1763903427
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:02 pm

Didge wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:Some members are using huge images as sigs, as far as I can see.  Is there any way of turning these off so I don't have to view them?

how do I do that?   I don't want to block Sassy but I just can't keep looking at that shot dead baby.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:12 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Didge wrote:

how do I do that?   I don't want to block Sassy but I just can't keep looking at that shot dead baby.

Oh God I agree....I keep having to avert my eyes. Sad
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:14 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Didge wrote:

Click on her name and select "add to my foes list", which is on the right.

Alternatively, if you have Adblock, you can block her signature. Be careful with that though because it can sometimes affect the format of the board.

Putting people on ignore can be useful but it does mess up the way you view posts.

Last edited by Raggamuffin on Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:16 pm

The last one I blocked was the map thing. I can't see one of a dead baby.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:16 pm

I wouldn't put Sassy on ignore, and I have just had loads of trouble with google and ad blocks so I wont do that either.
Sassy does change her sig a lot....I think I will wait, but like HT I do find that pic distressing.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:18 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Alternatively, if you have Adblock, you can block her signature. Be careful with that though because it can sometimes affect the format of the board.

Putting people on ignore can be useful but it does mess up the way you view posts though.

I have adblock but it's not blocking sigs.   But anyway, seems that dead baby pic has gone?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:19 pm

Made them smaller so they are not so 'in your face' if that helps, Ben told me how to do it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:20 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Putting people on ignore can be useful but it does mess up the way you view posts though.

I have adblock but it's not blocking sigs.   But anyway, seems that dead baby pic has gone?

I use it to block sigs if they're images. It won't block text signatures. It sometimes doesn't work, and then I have to put Sassy on ignore because I can't be doing with those huge pics she uses.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:22 pm

I have reported both sigs one because its a lie and is racist, the other because its a lie and incites hatred

I have given the admin team a chance to sort this racist out or am taking this up with forumotion, as this idiot is getting beyond a joke

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:25 pm

Is the dodgy one annoyed, I do hope so, he hates the truth.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:26 pm

Didge I've received your pm but if you don't mind, I'm letting Ben deal with this as its his forum and I'm going to let him make the decision.

I never noticed the "baby pic" though
Any chance you can get rid of that one please sassy?
If it's putting some posters off then it's best to remove it IMO
You can start a thread about it if you feel it important though. But as usual, please post a warning about graphic content

Thank you guys
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:28 pm

sassy wrote:Is the dodgy one annoyed, I do hope so, he hates the truth.

Not annoyed sassy, I just hate racism and lies

I even asked you to post up your evidence for one and you ran away

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:29 pm

I mean this here is denying the right of Israel to exist and is also a lie and also going against the 1947 UN resolution

How to turn off other people's signatures? 12803045_10153984914382533_2793102773470609590_n

That is antisemitism

Are you going to tell me Sassy Scotland has no right to exist as an independent country?

How about Poland?
Born from a minority people within two former countries, Germany and Russia

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:34 pm

It's more the size of the sigs that I don't like. I've blocked quite a few of Sassy's sigs, some of Ben's sigs, and also the images in Specsaver's sig.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:41 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:It's more the size of the sigs that I don't like. I've blocked quite a few of Sassy's sigs, some of Ben's sigs, and also the images in Specsaver's sig.

Its the view she thinks she can do as she pleases thinking she is protected

Well she is going to be in for a rude awakening

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:59 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:It's more the size of the sigs that I don't like. I've blocked quite a few of Sassy's sigs, some of Ben's sigs, and also the images in Specsaver's sig.

Me too.   It means there are less posts per page and often loads of the same image if the poster is busy.   It's putting me off even reading the threads sometimes.   It would be more courteous to fellow posters if they were smaller.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:00 pm

sassy wrote:Made them smaller so they are not so 'in your face' if that helps, Ben told me how to do it.

Your sigs actually take up the whole computer screen for me.   Sorry, but they are too big and too many.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:01 pm

Just a suggestion.  Why not have your sigs horizontal rather than vertical?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:01 pm

Sassys sig is not so big on my screen now....I can still see the poor baby though. Crying or Very sad
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:04 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:

Tried to do that, it won't work, made them smaller.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:05 pm

Why does anyone need to have a pic of a dead baby as a signature anyway?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:05 pm

Syl wrote:Sassys sig is not so big on my screen now....I can still see the poor baby though. Crying or Very sad

Sorry Syl, but that is rather the point, to show people how the IDF targetted pregnant women and then were so proud of it they make official T Shirts to celebrate it.

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:06 pm

OK, I've gone into Ad Blocker and managed to block most of the sigs.  Hopefully.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:08 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:OK, I've gone into Ad Blocker and managed to block most of the sigs.  Hopefully.

Good for you. It is useful. I have found it doesn't work with some of them, but it's always worth a try. Sometimes it does interfere with the new posts function - that little orange rectangle - and then I have to go in and unblock the item. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:08 pm

sassy wrote:
Syl wrote:Sassys sig is not so big on my screen now....I can still see the poor baby though. Crying or Very sad

Sorry Syl, but that is rather the point, to show people how the IDF targetted pregnant women and then were so proud of it they make official T Shirts to celebrate it.

But we get the point.   Seeing it in every one of your posts means I tend not to read your posts.  I've tried to use Ad Blocker but it seems to only work on individual sigs for me, which means it keeps popping up!
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:09 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:OK, I've gone into Ad Blocker and managed to block most of the sigs.  Hopefully.

Good for you. It is useful. I have found it doesn't work with some of them, but it's always worth a try. Sometimes it does interfere with the new posts function - that little orange rectangle - and then I have to go in and unblock the item. Laughing

Yeah, it's working but only if I go through each one on each post. Which is a ball ache.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:09 pm

I'm sure I haven't blocked a pic of a dead baby, but I'm not seeing it. scratch
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:10 pm

Right I used ABP, and blocked the element.  That seems to have worked.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:10 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Yeah, it's working but only if I go through each one on each post. Which is a ball ache.

Have you tried refreshing the page? That should get rid of all of them.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:10 pm

sassy wrote:

I understand what it means Sassy....I just find it distressing to see all the time.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:11 pm

sassy wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Tried to do that, it won't work, made them smaller.

no worries.  I managed to block your sig, so it's sorted.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:12 pm

Syl wrote:
sassy wrote:

I understand what it means Sassy....I just find it distressing to see all the time.

No worries, I think everyone has the point now, so I'll just leave the map.

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:13 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I'm sig free.......bliss!   Is contemplating a huge sig image of Donald Trump just to piss everyone off.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:14 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I'm sig free.......bliss!   Is contemplating a huge sig image of Donald Trump just to piss everyone off.

That made me choke on me cuppa lol.  I do mine to piss didge off mostly lol, although I do have an actual point to make.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next