NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Own Forum Contribution

+7
Eilzel
Raggamuffin
Fuzzy Zack
Victorismyhero
Syl
eddie
Major
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Your Own Forum Contribution - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Own Forum Contribution

Post by Guest Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:03 pm

Okay a couple of question here to see if a contribution is of worth.

How many have changed a view they have had based on what someone else has reasoned?

How many have gone and done something after being inspired by what someone has said?

How many have been able to calm a confrontation?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:04 pm

Stormee wrote:I agree Syl. Your suggestion of tutorials are a brilliant idea, one I would personally benefit from and be grateful.
You need someone to actually do it though, is there anyone willing, able to give their time to do such on here?
Will the management permit it?

You don't have to wait. You can find tutorials any time on google...maybe even forumotion has one.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:08 pm

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:I just had a look...I've got one. cheers Razz

I don't know what for but thanks anyway to whoever.

Might've been me
I often thank  people and give out quite a few greens.

Well thanks if it was....though it's a bit like getting a Valentines card from your mum. Razz

Erm well it would be if I was
A) as old as your mum
b) I fancied you

Shocked
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:09 pm

Didge wrote:Okay a couple of question here to see if a contribution is of worth.

How many have changed a view they have had based on what someone else has reasoned?

How many have gone and done something after being inspired by what someone has said?

A confrontation on a forum?

In RL (but that's a different matter) I have calmed a few.

Mostly on forums it's better (and more entertaining) to sit back and keep out...unless it gets really nasty or personal that is..
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:13 pm

Didge wrote:Okay a couple of question here to see if a contribution is of worth.

I have changed my mind on things at times, or rather, I have seen another angle.

I don't think I've gone and actually done anything after being inspired on here, but I've certainly found posts inspiring (like the vids you put up sometimes and similar)

I try to calm confrontations, don't know if I make any difference but I do try.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:14 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

Well thanks if it was....though it's a bit like getting a Valentines card from your mum. Razz

Erm well it would be if I was
A)  as old as your mum
b)  I fancied you

Shocked

Laughing

Well you are a lot younger than me and I'm sure you don't fancy me eddie so maybe I phrased it wrong.

But I do remember the feeling when I was a kid of getting my one and only Valentines card (my sister got loads) and then finding out it was from my mum......the hurt never fades.

edit....I am joking, I truly appreciate every positive response. x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:14 pm

Syl wrote:

Mostly on forums it's better (and more entertaining) to sit back and keep out...unless it gets really nasty or personal that is..

The last is what many will have done at some point and is a real contribution.

I am more interested though on the other points if reversing the questions you have then helped changed someones view or have inspired them to do something.

Now those would be real contributions made on a forum

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:19 pm

I juts answered you somewhere didge ^^^
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:26 pm

eddie wrote:

I have changed my mind on things at times, or rather, I have seen another angle.

I don't think I've gone and actually done anything after being inspired on here, but I've certainly found posts inspiring (like the vids you put up sometimes and similar)

I try to calm confrontations, don't know if I make any difference but I do try.

Thanks for the honesty Eddie, be nice to see the same from others.

You do inspire yourself and I think a few people would happily admit to that, as I certainly do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:35 pm

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:

I am more interested though on the other points if reversing the questions you have then helped changed someones view or have inspired them to do something.

I think I have made people rethink their views on certain subjects, in return my own views have been (if not changed certainly amended ) by other peoples arguments....we can all live and learn.

Inspiration to actually do something after reading on a forum is a biggie......doing and thinking are different issues, though I suppose if one thinks in a certain way they will also act accordingly.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:39 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

I think I have made people rethink their views on certain subjects, in return my own views have been (if not changed certainly amended ) by other peoples arguments....we can all live and learn.

Inspiration to actually do something after reading on a forum is a biggie......doing and thinking are different issues, though I suppose if one thinks in a certain way they will also act accordingly.

Interesting and thanks for your honesty

Right have to go, have fun one and all

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:34 pm

Groomsy convinced me to be less 'totalitarian' in my negativity toward Christians 

there have been inspiring things, dont know that any have actually changed my actions though

If you mean kept you at arms length from the object of your abuse, then I have done that with you and raggs Wink  only long enough for you to start the next round though  Razz
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:40 pm

well since we are blowing our own trumpet, I'd like to think the odd well timed PM has on occaisions prevented more than one member here "crossing the line"
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:51 am

In answer to your question didge, I can think of three notable issues on which I've changed my mind in recent years.

1. People who sometimes smack their children as punishment if they 'go too far'. I used to think this was acceptible, but after a good discussion with my sister she convinced me that it is never okay under any circumstances.

2. Veganism is morally superior to eating meat. I hate admitting this one, and regardless I still eat meat and dairy products. But the truth is there is absolutely no need for humans to consume animal products. By comparison they are less healthy, cruel and bad for the environment. Two friends turned vegan last year and are noticeably healthier than ever. But I love meat and icecream so much, I now just don't kid myself its ok...

3. The existence of any kind of god/s. I was already and atheistic-agnostic when I read Dawkins book. But the idea of a deistic god still held at times, that book blew those ideas out of the water.

Sadly no one here has ever changed my mind- but they could Wink
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:09 am

Talking to Victor made me see I had always been a Pagan, just had never put a name to it.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:02 am

I'll add another,

New Atheists have convinced me that their religious movement is as inherently evil as Abrahamism and that 'Humanism' is wrong as humans are still just violent hairless apes. All the knowledge that science presents is lost on them as they try to simplify it to conform to their tribal monkey brains.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:09 pm

Eilzel wrote:In answer to your question didge, I can think of three notable issues on which I've changed my mind in recent years.

1. People who sometimes smack their children as punishment if they 'go too far'. I used to think this was acceptible, but after a good discussion with my sister she convinced me that it is never okay under any circumstances.

2. Veganism is morally superior to eating meat. I hate admitting this one, and regardless I still eat meat and dairy products. But the truth is there is absolutely no need for humans to consume animal products. By comparison they are less healthy, cruel and bad for the environment. Two friends turned vegan last year and are noticeably healthier than ever. But I love meat and icecream so much, I now just don't kid myself its ok...

3. The existence of any kind of god/s. I was already and atheistic-agnostic when I read Dawkins book. But the idea of a deistic god still held at times, that book blew those ideas out of the water.

Sadly no one here has ever changed my mind- but they could Wink

Brilliant post (God I miss you when you're not here)

Very suprised on your number two - I know this too, not from being vegan, but from giving up meat. If I'd said this to you though, and shown you proof, you wouldn't have believed ME!! Pfffffff

Ps I could change your mind on a couple of issues if only you'd listen Razz
Cos you know you love my opinions and debating with me lol!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:17 pm

I love debating them lol

Truth is I've seen all the stuff on meat and dairy and just made excuses- mainly on the health aspect- I guess it is because I work with people who have done this and seen their transformation, kills my argument right there...
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:23 pm

Eilzel wrote:I love debating them lol

Truth is I've seen all the stuff on meat and dairy and just made excuses- mainly on the health aspect- I guess it is because I work with people who have done this and seen their transformation, kills my argument right there...

I have read a lot about meat products and honestly, I think it's a "sticky" fat that is not good for our bodies (even milk is sticky, it causes ogled in our bodies)
People are under the impression that vegans or vegetarians are puny and weak and don't eat enough protein; firstly, protein is in lots and lots of things that are no-meat based  and it's better protein too. Secondly, vegans and vegetarians are probably more creative when it comes to cooking and eating more amounts of of different things becasue they have to.

I still cook meat for my family but they have a couple of "meat free" days as I want them to eat other things.

Why don't you try that? You may find that you start to increase it to four or five meat free days then find you don't actually even miss meat?
I think meat, becomes habit, from what we eat as children.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:21 pm

Because in Thailand I don't cook, its just 100x easier to go out than cook here. There is a restaurant next door to my condo that costs £1 for a decent meal, that tastes great. And honestly, I love meat so much ( ;P ) that I don't have any impulse to stop. That's it tbh. I agree though, I'd go as far to say that it is like an addiction.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:09 pm

Eilzel wrote:Because in Thailand I don't cook, its just 100x easier to go out than cook here. There is a restaurant next door to my condo that costs £1 for a decent meal, that tastes great. And honestly, I love meat so much ( ;P ) that I don't have any impulse to stop. That's it tbh. I agree though, I'd go as far to say that it is like an addiction.

I remember when we met up and I nagged you about eating crap lol!

Try once a week. Just once with no meat.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:31 pm

We'll see, I'm getting nagged at work and on forums now so it has to work eventually right lol
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:26 pm

Eilzel wrote:We'll see, I'm getting nagged at work and on forums now so it has to work eventually right lol

Cool
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:44 pm

Mrs HA informs me I am a good 8".
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:51 pm

Syl wrote:7 to 8 is average I believe. Razz

How rude! Your Own Forum Contribution - Page 2 Embarr12 Your Own Forum Contribution - Page 2 Giggle20

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:04 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Syl wrote:7 to 8 is average I believe. Razz

How rude! Your Own Forum Contribution - Page 2 Embarr12 Your Own Forum Contribution - Page 2 Giggle20

Lol.....I actually deleted my post almost immediately because I had a quick google and realised actually 7/8 is pretty impressive. Razz

It must be the company I keep that made me presume wrongly. What a Face
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:11 pm

Syl wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

Lol.....I actually deleted my post almost immediately because I had a quick google and realised actually 7/8 is pretty impressive. Razz

It must be the company I keep that made me presume wrongly. What a Face

The mind boggles Syl! Your Own Forum Contribution - Page 2 Pretty11

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:17 pm

Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content