NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eddie, do you eat fish?

Go down

Eddie, do you eat fish? Empty Eddie, do you eat fish?

Post by Guest Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:32 pm

Made up a recipe last night and it was utterly delicious. 

In a low sided baking dish - empty a tin of chopped tomatoes, a finely sliced red pepper, half a finely sliced red onion and some butternut squash cubed small.  Add a couple of teaspoons of honey, the juice of an orange, a large teaspoon of wholegrain mustard, a slug each of olive oil and balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and puy lentils (I used half a pack of ready cooked Merchant Gourmet ones, the other half went in the freezer, too much of a faff to cook them just for two).  Stir that all round and put into the oven on a low heat (I used 140 degrees) until the veg are soft.  I covered it after 20mins so it didn't dry out but was still concentrated.  

Take it out of the oven and let it cool.  When you want to do dinner, simply lay on top fish fillets (I treated us to sea bass) skin side up, salt and pepper them, bung into the oven until fish is cooked how you like it.  I had mine with watercress, OH had his with creamed spuds.  It was gorgeous.

Back to top Go down

Eddie, do you eat fish? Empty Re: Eddie, do you eat fish?

Post by eddie Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:04 pm

Ooooh sounds lovely! Bet that went nice with an earthy seabass....mmmmmm...

Yes I do eat fish. Going to give that a go.
I too, use merchant gourmet range, they're lovely.

Thank you sass x
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:16 pm

No worries, it was an experiment, could have been awful, so I thought I'd share when it was so good lol

One of the things I have never tried if Quinoa, got some of that.  Will see how OH reacts to it.  If you have any good recipes for it would be grateful.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down