NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Physicist Shoots Himself Underwater In Ludicrous Slow-Motion Experiment

5 posters

Go down

Physicist Shoots Himself Underwater In Ludicrous Slow-Motion Experiment Empty Physicist Shoots Himself Underwater In Ludicrous Slow-Motion Experiment

Post by Guest Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:06 am

A Norwegian physicist has shown what would happen if you fired an assault rifle underwater in what might go down as the most foolhardy experiment this year. The utterly bizarre experiment saw Andreas Wahl put himself in the direct firing line of an assault rifle in a swimming pool with nothing but his knowledge of molecules to protect him.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2016/01/28/physicist-shoots-himself-underwater-in-ludicrous-slow-motion-experiment_n_9097786.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Back to top Go down

Physicist Shoots Himself Underwater In Ludicrous Slow-Motion Experiment Empty Re: Physicist Shoots Himself Underwater In Ludicrous Slow-Motion Experiment

Post by nicko Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:53 pm

Could have told him that around 55 years ago.

nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Physicist Shoots Himself Underwater In Ludicrous Slow-Motion Experiment Empty Re: Physicist Shoots Himself Underwater In Ludicrous Slow-Motion Experiment

Post by captain Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:00 pm

Risky
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Agree with nicko. They were filming bullets in water in westerns in the 1930's. Like rain on a window pane to depict sadness or dispair, it was a visual that conveyed the mood of danger and excitement.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:04 pm

nicko wrote:Could have told him that around 55 years ago.

yea its well know.....that is why shooting at people underwater in the movie`s is so pointless

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:05 pm

captainJane wrote:Risky
Na!!! not really

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:47 am

Bullets being fired under water, no problem. Explosions under water, you don't want to be near them!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:41 am

nicko wrote:Bullets being fired under water, no problem.  Explosions under water,  you don't want to be near them!

I don't want to be near bullets being fired, nor be around an explosion, under water. In fact, I don't want to be under water, period. Every time I am I think I'm going to drown.

P.S. -- Texas has only one natural lake, and most of our rivers are actually streams, and most of them go dry for a while each year. And I don't trust our swimming pools.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:47 am

A underwater explosion can rip a body apart, that's were the expression "Gutted" came about.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:26 pm

nicko wrote:A underwater explosion can rip a body apart,  that's were the expression "Gutted" came about.
you sure. i thought it came from being hung drawn and quartered

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:09 pm

Korban, you could be right, [I read it somewhere]
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:18 pm

nicko wrote:Korban, you could be right,  [I read it somewhere]
maybe but i doubt it :-)

had a look at the for "GuT"
Etymology

From Middle English gut, gutte, gotte, from Old English gutt (usually in plural guttas ‎(“guts, entrails”)), from Proto-Germanic *gut-, from Proto-Indo-European *gʰeud- ‎(“to pour”). Related to English gote ‎(“drain”), Old English ġēotan ‎(“to pour”).

I do like obscure original meanings kind of a interesting to find out stuff but i am no expert

for example we use the word "fuck" a lot anybody know its origin ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:24 pm

korban dallas wrote:
nicko wrote:Korban, you could be right,  [I read it somewhere]
maybe but i doubt it :-)

had a look at the for "GuT"
Etymology

From Middle English gut, gutte, gotte, from Old English gutt (usually in plural guttas ‎(“guts, entrails”)), from Proto-Germanic *gut-, from Proto-Indo-European *gʰeud- ‎(“to pour”). Related to English gote ‎(“drain”), Old English ġēotan ‎(“to pour”).

I do like obscure original meanings kind of a interesting to find out stuff but i am no expert

for example we use the word "fuck" a lot anybody know its origin ?

anglos saxon word for....... well...............a fuck.... scratch
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:25 pm

only it wasnt considered particularly rude then

no more than saying "having sex"
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:40 pm

Lord Foul wrote:only it wasnt considered particularly rude then

no more than saying "having sex"
well this is the long version 'For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge' i understand it is a legal terminology
for example

You Have Been Put To Death 'For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge'

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:52 pm

Origin of fuck
1495-1505
1495-1505; akin to Middle Dutch fokken to thrust, copulate with, Swedish dialect focka to copulate with, strike, push, fock penis
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down