NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Danish government secures backing for bill on taking migrants' valuables

+4
Raggamuffin
Major
Ben Reilly
Original Quill
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Danish government secures backing for bill on taking migrants' valuables Empty Danish government secures backing for bill on taking migrants' valuables

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:44 am

Denmark's government secures parliamentary majority for plan to seize migrants' valuables to help cover their accommodation costs, prompting parallels to Nazi Germany

Denmark's government said on Tuesday it had secured a parliamentary majority for a controversial plan to seize migrants' valuables to pay for their stay in asylum centres."The government, the Social Democrats, the Danish People's Party, the Liberal Alliance and the Conservative People's Party have agreed to amend the bill concerning valuables," a government statement said, indicating that wedding rings and other items of sentimental value would be exempt from the move.In addition to wedding rings, it listed engagement rings, family portraits and badges of honour as items that could not be confiscated from asylum seekers.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/denmark/12096104/Danish-government-secures-backing-for-bill-on-taking-migrants-valuables.html

Back to top Go down

Danish government secures backing for bill on taking migrants' valuables Empty Re: Danish government secures backing for bill on taking migrants' valuables

Post by Original Quill Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:00 pm

Didge wrote:

Denmark's government secures parliamentary majority for plan to seize migrants' valuables to help cover their accommodation costs, prompting parallels to Nazi Germany

Denmark's government said on Tuesday it had secured a parliamentary majority for a controversial plan to seize migrants' valuables to pay for their stay in asylum centres."The government, the Social Democrats, the Danish People's Party, the Liberal Alliance and the Conservative People's Party have agreed to amend the bill concerning valuables," a government statement said, indicating that wedding rings and other items of sentimental value would be exempt from the move.In addition to wedding rings, it listed engagement rings, family portraits and badges of honour as items that could not be confiscated from asylum seekers.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/denmark/12096104/Danish-government-secures-backing-for-bill-on-taking-migrants-valuables.html

And those lovely gold ingots that were a gift from Uncle Martin and Aunt Charlotte, on the hallowed occasion of St. Crispin's Day.

I'd love to see the fights over that 'exemption'.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Danish government secures backing for bill on taking migrants' valuables Empty Re: Danish government secures backing for bill on taking migrants' valuables

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:11 pm

Considering I am against this proposed measure, I have no idea why on every thread you are trying to derail them. Take this as the next time that you do I will report you, as you clearly have bno respect for any deabte

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:24 pm

Didge wrote:Considering I am against this proposed measure, I have no idea why on every thread you are trying to derail them. Take this as the next time that you do I will report you, as you clearly have bno respect for any deabte

Didge, settle down. This thread (which you created) is about a Danish program to confiscate valuables; it isn't about me.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:24 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:Considering I am against this proposed measure, I have no idea why on every thread you are trying to derail them. Take this as the next time that you do I will report you, as you clearly have bno respect for any deabte

Didge, settle down.  This thread (which you created) is about a Danish program to confiscate valuables; it isn't about me.

I am calm, I just getting tired at your tedious comments which offer nothing for debate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:33 pm

Doesn't seem he's trying to derail the thread to me Danish government secures backing for bill on taking migrants' valuables 2190311264
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:45 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Doesn't seem he's trying to derail the thread to me Danish government secures backing for bill on taking migrants' valuables 2190311264

Did I report it?
No, but maybe you can tell me how making humour of such a derisive policy is in anyway beneficial?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:49 pm

Didge wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Doesn't seem he's trying to derail the thread to me Danish government secures backing for bill on taking migrants' valuables 2190311264

Did I report it?
No, but maybe you can tell me how making humour of such a derisive policy is in anyway beneficial?

Maybe you can tell me why I should be stepping in because of such an inoccuous comment?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:51 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Didge wrote:

Did I report it?

Maybe you can tell me why I should be stepping in because of such an inoccuous comment?

Did I ask you too?

This is more to do with many threads where he is making childish coments in regards to debate, but never mind, as you always say, you do not read every post and as I have not reported it, why are you getting your g-string in a twist

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:56 pm

Didge wrote:Take this as the next time that you do I will report you, as you clearly have bno respect for any deabte

Didge, those are your words.  Why did you post them if you didn't intend to "report" the matter or, as you say, "ask you to..."?

You are waaaaay on edge around here lately.  Settle down.  No one is picking on you.

Last edited by Original Quill on Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:58 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:Take this as the next time that you do I will report you, as you clearly have bno respect for any deabte

Didge, those are your words.  Why did you post them if you didn't intend to "report" the matter?

You are waaaaay on edge around here lately.  Settle down.

Simple Quill, because the last few days you have jumped on quite a few posts making some of the most immature irrelevant posts, which I find nothing more than spoiling the threads, espcially on the ones on Europe and the current problem. Now maybe you will take some advise and some spoiling them as to me you have been and others who have clearly also spoken the same.

So again Quill I am fine, just bored with your immaturity of late

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:04 pm

Didge wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Didge, those are your words.  Why did you post them if you didn't intend to "report" the matter?

You are waaaaay on edge around here lately.  Settle down.

Simple Quill, because the last few days you have jumped on quite a few posts making some of the most immature irrelevant posts, which I find nothing more than spoiling the threads, espcially on the ones on Europe and the current problem. Now maybe you will take some advise and some spoiling them as to me you have been and others who have clearly also spoken the same.

Your judgment aside--and as you know, I question your judgment in many cases--this is a free and open forum, and anyone is free to agree or disagree anytime, with anyone.  If you are starting on a program of reporting anyone who disagrees with you, you're making a fool of yourself.

You have locked horns in the past two days with sassy, eddie, Irn, those I collectively call 'the conservatives' and a half-dozen others.  Your reasoning is off...you are way more offended by how they express themselves, than what they are saying.  If you are offended--and I don't see why--ignore it and get on with the subject.  Sticks and stones...and all that.  Stay on subject.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:07 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:

Your judgment aside--and as you know, I question your judgment in many cases--this is a free and open forum, and anyone is free to agree or disagree anytime, with anyone.  If you are starting on a program of reporting anyone who disagrees with you, you're making a fool of yourself.

You have locked horns in the past two days with sassy, eddie, Irn, those I collectively call 'the conservatives' and a half-dozen others.  Your reasoning is off...you are way more offended by how they express themselves, than what they are saying.  If you are offended--and I don't see why--ignore it and get on with the subject.  Sticks and stones...and all that.  Stay on subject.

Really where have I locked horns with Eddie over the last few days?
Never have and both sassy and Irn have always been at odds with me on many debates, both have some small minded hatefulm vendetta against me, which is cool, as i happilly rise above, but the issue is fundementally you at present being ever so childish in some of your comments of late and if you do not like being pulled up and judged, then quite frankly tough.
Suck it up bucko

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:07 pm

Stormee wrote:Do you mean TROLLING.

If I had a quid for every time I have been trolled I would have a chauffeur driven Roller.

Taking their valuables will not amount to much on the 'previously loved market'.
If they had any brains they would try to get money for their chattels so as to help themselves.

Just send them back from whence they came.  

I thought you already had one of those. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:23 pm

that is super fucked up
disgusting, the governance that decide that is acceptable has no place among Civilized nations.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:28 pm

veya_victaous wrote:that is super fucked up
disgusting, the governance that decide that is acceptable has no place among Civilized nations.

You have a nerve saying that, considering your own fucked up, disgusting views. Cool
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:29 pm

veya_victaous wrote:that is super fucked up

Absolutely agree, they have lost just about everything and they intend to take what is left away.   Revolting.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:30 pm

Hmmm not sure I agree with their taking people's property/valuables, but isn't this what in essence, Australia ask of immigrants but on a smaller scale?

Knowing that these immigrants have no money, Denmark are effectively, asking for a "deposit" of sorts?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:40 pm

eddie wrote:Hmmm not sure I agree with their taking people's property/valuables, but isn't this what in essence, Australia ask of immigrants but on a smaller scale?

Knowing that these immigrants have no money, Denmark are effectively, asking for a "deposit" of sorts?

Really don't know how you can equate the two.  People go to Australia of their own free will and take any money etc with them, and pay for a visa.  These people have lost just about everything but their lives and the terror has forced them to go.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:55 pm

Stormee wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I thought you already had one of those. Laughing

Funny you say that Miss Ragga. When my old man died he left an old Roller in a barn which court fire, we battled like hell with the insurance company over paying out, took a year but we won and sold Roller as a restoration project to a Yank who shipped it back to USA.
I would like to see it now.

Awww, I'm glad it was saved Stormee.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:03 pm

What's wrong with expecting them to contribute towards paying for their own upkeep if they can?

Would you give your food to someone who turned up at your door claiming to be hungry when they had a big bag of food of their own..?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:05 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:What's wrong with expecting them to contribute towards paying for their own upkeep if they can?

Would you give your food to someone who turned up at your door claiming to be hungry when they had a big bag of food of their own..?

Paying?
So you expect homeless people to pay now for for food, shelter etc then Tommy?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:21 pm

Didge wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:What's wrong with expecting them to contribute towards paying for their own upkeep if they can?

Paying?

If they're homeless they don't have any shelter do they?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:23 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

Paying?

have you never heard of shelters for the homeless?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:25 pm

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Some of them do charge, or they charge for things like laundry.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:27 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

So you are saying as well that homeless should be charged?

I think that is disgusting and any shelters that do are appalling

Again we are talking about homeless people

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:27 pm

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I'm saying that some shelters do charge. I don't make the rules.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:28 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

I'm saying that some shelters do charge. I don't make the rules.

So do you think homeless people should give all posssessions except wedding rings etc if they need food or shelter?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:31 pm

It's mostly money that the Danish Government is talking about - if they have more than about £1000, they pay. It's only like people on benefits being allowed to keep some savings and then having to pay for themselves if they have more than the limit.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:34 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:It's mostly money that the Danish Government is talking about - if they have more than about £1000, they pay. It's only like people on benefits being allowed to keep some savings and then having to pay for themselves if they have more than the limit.

Do you even begin to know how difficult it is for refugee people in order to just live and survive in countries that shelter them? Again it is appalling to make people put down a disposit just in order that they seek refuge. Again what they are doing is fundementally going against the human rights of people by enforcing a rule which they believe will deter people from coming to their country and that is what it is fundementally all about. In other words they are saying underhandedly they do not want to help refugees and get arpund what they have signed up to do in international agreements

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:34 pm

If they have money and valuables but are homeless... but want a home... they should pay!!!

Why should anyone else be paying for something they want and can pay for themselves?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:36 pm

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:It's mostly money that the Danish Government is talking about - if they have more than about £1000, they pay. It's only like people on benefits being allowed to keep some savings and then having to pay for themselves if they have more than the limit.

Do you even begin to know how difficult it is for refugee people in order to just live and survive in countries that shelter them? Again it is appalling to make people put down a disposit just in order that they seek refuge. Again what they are doing is fundementally going against the human rights of people by enforcing a rule which they believe will deter people from coming to their country and that is what it is fundementally all about. In other words they are saying underhandedly they do not want to help refugees and get arpund what they have signed up to do in international agreements

I expect Denmark has money problems like other countries - money doesn't fall from trees you know.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:39 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

I expect Denmark has money problems like other countries - money doesn't fall from trees you know.

They are signed up by international law to help refugees money problems or not

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:40 pm

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

They are helping them, they just want them to pay a bit towards their keep if they're able to.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:40 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:If they have money and valuables but are homeless... but want a home... they should pay!!!

Why should anyone else be paying for something they want and can pay for themselves?

So you believe homeless people should have to give up their posssessions for food and shelter then?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:41 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

They are helping them, they just want them to pay a bit towards their keep if they're able to.

Again that is not helping them but cause them further difficulties, where again you need to understand the struggles that asylum seekers go through whilst awaiting their application is processed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:42 pm

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Again that is not helping them but cause them further difficulties, where again you need to understand the struggles that asylum seekers go through whilst awaiting their application is processed.

It's just a form of means testing - we have that here too. They're getting shelter and food, and if they can afford to pay towards it, they're being asked to do just that.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:44 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

It's just a form of means testing - we have that here too. They're getting shelter and food, and if they can afford to pay towards it, they're being asked to do just that.

No its fundementally wrong and they are trying to get around international law, where again you still cannot grasp this is being done to deter refugees coming to the country because of such an appalling policy

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:45 pm

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

No its fundementally wrong and they are trying to get around international law, where again you still cannot grasp this is being done to deter refugees coming to the country because of such an appalling policy

Which international law says that Governments can't ask refugees to contribute to the costs of feeding and sheltering them?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:48 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

Which international law says that Governments can't ask refugees to contribute to the costs of feeding and sheltering them?

Are you kidding me?
You are saying refugess that are homeless have to pay?
No there is no law that states they can charge which I will happily look up when I have time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:48 pm

How difficult it is for them...?

When given red carpet reception and 5 star hotels!? Loads of handouts of hard working taxpayers money... on top of the other bureaucratic costs to register and process them... all at even more hard working peoples taxpayer cost... but you think that none of THEM should have to contribute towards THEIR COSTS towards THEIR UPKEEP... when THEY HAVE THE MEANS TO DO SO!!!???

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:51 pm

Have a read Tommy from something outside the daily mail that will help educate you

http://www.refugee-action.org.uk/refugee_voices

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:51 pm

This is a disgusting policy in removing personal belongings from refugees. It's robbery.

I heard one guy on the radio today saying that he gave up his restaurant an Damascus and got what little he could for it and they want to take that off him.

Wrong wrong wrong
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:53 pm

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Are you kidding me?
No there is no law that states they can charge which I will happily look up when I have time.

I just told you - if they have money over a certain amount, they will pay something. That's like someone here on mean-tested benefits. Denmark is a small country, and can't be expected to take in thousands and thousands of people. How are they going to pay for it all?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:54 pm

They're not going to take personal stuff unless it's worth a ton of money, and I'm sure they'd rather have somewhere to stay and food than gold bullion or whatever.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:56 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

Are you kidding me?

I just told you - if they have money over a certain amount, they will pay something. That's like someone here on mean-tested benefits. Denmark is a small country, and can't be expected to take in thousands and thousands of people. How are they going to pay for it all?

Which is robbery again, showing you fail to understand how refugees struggle.
Do you know how much refugees get each week in this country for example?
That whilest their apllication is being process they are not allowed to work
Has any of this crossed your mind and that they will need any money they have in order to live?
How far do you even think a thousand pounds goes for a family in the west>
Seriously?
Then how long do you think it takes to process a refugee claim?

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:58 pm

Jesus H Christ they'll be taking the gold out their teeth next - if that have any that is.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:58 pm

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Which is robbery again, showing you fail to understand how refugees struggle.
Do you know how much refugees get each week in this country for example?
That whilest their apllication is being process they are not allowed to work
Has any of this crossed your mind and that they will need any money they have in order to live?
How far do you even think a thousand pounds goes for a family in the west>
Seriously?
Then how long do you think it takes to process a refugee claim?

One has to be practical. Nobody expected this huge number of refugees to pour into Europe. You seem to think that countries are sitting on masses and masses of money which they can just hand out to whoever sets foot in their country.

How many more times do you have to be told? If they have over a certain amount of money, they will be expected to pay a bit towards their keep. If they don't, they won't. They won't be paying to live over and above that because they're getting shelter and food - that's the whole point.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next