NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proposing changes to the Newsfix daily quiz

+2
Cass
Ben Reilly
6 posters

Go down

Proposing changes to the Newsfix daily quiz Empty Proposing changes to the Newsfix daily quiz

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:15 pm

Some of the categories are kind of an ass-beating -- Geography has been mentioned, and everyone knows I hate the UK topic because I'm so bad at it Smile

Would we support changing up the categories? They've been the same for a long time now anyway, it might be fun to shake it up a bit.

I'd be willing to give up Celebrities (which I'm great at) in exchange for giving up UK -- then we could add something along the lines of Movies, Music, World Trivia, People or Sports in exchange for kicking out Geography (or at least lowering the difficulty level).

Last edited by Ben_Reilly on Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Proposing changes to the Newsfix daily quiz Empty Re: Proposing changes to the Newsfix daily quiz

Post by Guest Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:17 pm

Well I do!  Only do it occasionally cos I hate bloody Geography lol

Back to top Go down

Proposing changes to the Newsfix daily quiz Empty Re: Proposing changes to the Newsfix daily quiz

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:18 pm

Also, could one of the admins help me figure out how to make this thread a sticky? I plum done forgot ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:23 pm

affraid lol! lol! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:00 am

I like it the way it is :p

Fine. No sport whatsoever, otherwise I'm good.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:23 am

Cass wrote:I like it the way it is :p

Fine. No sport whatsoever, otherwise I'm good.

Of course you do, you always win Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:27 pm

There's a quiz??

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:35 pm

Original Quill wrote:There's a quiz??

Sure is -- look at the sickly yellow box on the right >>>

Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:24 pm

OK, made the changes. Register feedback and hate speech here Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:23 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:OK, made the changes. Register feedback and hate speech here Smile

Meh.....I took my eye off as we scored a TD
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:27 am

My laptop has a big screen, swear it take me longer to scroll down that you two!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:47 am

Pfft ... Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:04 am

It's twu, it's twu lol

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:37 pm

Sassy when I played on a laptop it used to slow me down that's why I stopped playing!!

I'm gonna have a go now >>>>>>>
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Proposing changes to the Newsfix daily quiz Empty Wandered off and found the 'PASSWORD' in a way far off place!

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:08 am

I went over to the 'Daily Quiz' but it won't allow me to establish a name/login --- it's telling me I need the NewsFix 'PASSWORD' for this locked game site?

Anyone want to give that up or place it inside the logon box for everyone to be able to access the Daily Quiz???

Trivia tournament now requires a password
Post by Ben_Reilly on Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:24 pm
.... thanks to Phil, who's been signing up multiple accounts on it with nasty names for me, eddie, HF and VOD.

Password is: skcuslihp (easier to remember backwards)

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:00 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Some of the categories are kind of an ass-beating -- Geography has been mentioned, and everyone knows I hate the UK topic because I'm so bad at it Smile

Would we support changing up the categories? They've been the same for a long time now anyway, it might be fun to shake it up a bit.

I'd be willing to give up Celebrities (which I'm great at) in exchange for giving up UK -- then we could add something along the lines of Movies, Music, World Trivia, People or Sports in exchange for kicking out Geography (or at least lowering the difficulty level).

I've tried to get on the quiz.  What's the password.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:20 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Some of the categories are kind of an ass-beating -- Geography has been mentioned, and everyone knows I hate the UK topic because I'm so bad at it Smile

skcuslihp
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:07 pm

I've had February off from the quiz, honing my obscure general knowledge.
Back with a vengeance for March 1st.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:17 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

skcuslihp

For some reason it's not accepting that.   I'll try again. Could be I cut and pasted it.  I'll try typing it in.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:20 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

skcuslihp

That worked.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:35 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

skcuslihp

That worked.

Interesting -- my browser includes the option "paste as plain text," I wonder if that's why? I never thought there'd be a difference.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:32 pm

Ben do you still need this as a sticky?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:27 pm

Nope
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:20 am

Then why didn't you unstick the stickiness of the sticky thread so that it was not a sticky anymore so that we needn't have a sticky situation? Suspect
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:24 am

WOW...now that's one 'STICKY WICKET' ~~~  Proposing changes to the Newsfix daily quiz Jaw-drop-smiley-emoticon

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:33 am

We seem to be stuck with it No
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:34 am

eddie wrote:Then why didn't you unstick the stickiness of the sticky thread so that it was not a sticky anymore so that we needn't have a sticky situation? Suspect

I would undo the sticky,

But I'm just so darn sicky.

(Plus I don't know how)
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:36 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:Then why didn't you unstick the stickiness of the sticky thread so that it was not a sticky anymore so that we needn't have a sticky situation? Suspect

I would undo the sticky,

(Plus I don't know how)

Well it's tricky
But I'll do it on the quickie
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:37 am

eddie wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

I would undo the sticky,

(Plus I don't know how)

Well it's tricky
But I'll do it on the quickie

This is the stickiest thread since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:37 am

Unstickied.
No one can say we aren't hefficient and well hintelligant
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:38 am

Horatio!! I love that episode! I was actually going to post it lol
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:42 am

eddie wrote:Unstickied.
No one can say we aren't hefficient and well hintelligant

Bob's your uncle then, right-o, chippy-chippy
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:45 am

Proposing changes to the Newsfix daily quiz Slime00
I won't ask - I don't feel the NEED TO KNOW; what exactly Ben's been doing in his La-Boritory!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down