NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poverty Or Pee Taking

5 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Poverty Or Pee Taking Empty Re: Poverty Or Pee Taking

Post by Syl Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:49 pm

Maybe because she was female....and she didn't have a can of booze on show?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:53 pm

Stormee wrote:We came out of a shopping mall today and noticed a paraffin sitting by the exit with his customary dog, smoking, no not the dog, the bloke, also beside him was a can of Stella, cheeky bleeda.

Just before this another paraffin walked by us, he smelled awful, rank and he was carrying a 4 pack of Stella, he walked around the corner out of our site, about 10 minutes later we were walking to the car when we noticed him sitting in a closed shop doorway with a plastic bowl on the  pavement containing some cash, he was also smoking and openly drinking Stella, he was  bleeding begging, another cheeky sod.

We then went to Stratford Upon Avon and outside a big store was a woman begging, yep, she had a dog in her arms, guess what, I gave her something.
My wife asked me WHY I gave to her and not the two geezuz, I did not have an answer, do you????????

Keep it clean please.

I am getting less and less willing to give anything to them.

Makes my wee wee boil at times.
noticed a paraffin sitting by the exit......Er eh? whats a paraffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:54 pm

http://www.cockneyrhymingslang.co.uk/slang/paraffin_lamp
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:55 pm

Paraffin lamp - tramp.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:58 pm

Snap. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:02 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Paraffin lamp - tramp.
Ah! thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:03 pm

Syl wrote:http://www.cockneyrhymingslang.co.uk/slang/paraffin_lamp
thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:17 pm

Most of the beggars we see around here are British. It's sad to think that many are ex soldiers.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:38 pm

I read that in some cases the bedroom tax forced people who had sons and daughters serving in the forces to move to smaller places.
So if and when they came out of service they had nowhere to live.....not sure if that was true, if it was it sounds harsh.

And where were they supposed to live when they had leave?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:15 pm

That is true SYL, friend of my wife had it happen to her Daughter and Son-in-Law.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:22 pm

Syl wrote:I read that in some cases the bedroom tax forced people who had sons and daughters serving in the forces to move to smaller places.
So if and when they came out of service they had nowhere to live.....not sure if that was true, if it was it sounds harsh.

The forces have accommodation don't they? If they come out of the forces they can find somewhere to live like anyone else.

They could also contribute to the rent out of their pay so the "bedroom tax" is paid.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:28 pm

I'll say one thing, if I was living on the streets I'd sure as hell drink a LOT.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:50 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:I read that in some cases the bedroom tax forced people who had sons and daughters serving in the forces to move to smaller places.

The forces have accommodation don't they? If they come out of the forces they can find somewhere to live like anyone else.

They could also contribute to the rent out of their pay so the "bedroom tax" is paid.

I think the fact that many homeless are ex soldiers is a bit more complex than the bedroom tax though.
Some just cant fit back into normal life after seeing what they have seen and experiencing the way of life in the army...especially if they have seen combat.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:52 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I think the fact that many homeless are ex soldiers is a bit more complex than the bedroom tax though.
Some just cant fit back into normal life after seeing what they have seen and experiencing the way of life in the army...especially if they have seen combat.

I agree. I think they're homeless because they develop some kind of mental issue, and that's what needs to be addressed.

If they're fine though, there's no reason why the bedroom tax should be a problem, or why getting accommodation should be a problem.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:00 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

I agree. I think they're homeless because they develop some kind of mental issue, and that's what needs to be addressed.

If they're fine though, there's no reason why the bedroom tax should be a problem, or why getting accommodation should be a problem.

On the other hand, if a persons bedroom is is taxed because they dont spend the adequate amount of time sleeping in it, and thats because they are off in some God forsaken place fighting for their country...dont you think thats a bit harsh?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:03 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

On the other hand, if a persons bedroom is  is taxed because they dont spend the adequate amount of time sleeping in it, and thats because they are off in some God forsaken place fighting for their country...dont you think thats a bit harsh?

Let's not forget that it's not a "tax", it's a reduction in housing benefit. If one person is away and is getting paid for doing a job, they don't need benefits, and they're perfectly capable of paying for that room back home if they want to keep it.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:14 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

On the other hand, if a persons bedroom is  is taxed because they dont spend the adequate amount of time sleeping in it, and thats because they are off in some God forsaken place fighting for their country...dont you think thats a bit harsh?

Let's not forget that it's not a "tax", it's a reduction in housing benefit. If one person is away and is getting paid for doing a job, they don't need benefits, and they're perfectly capable of paying for that room back home if they want to keep it.

But if the person was not in the forces and away serving their country, say they were working locally somewhere, their parents/spouse would not have to pay the extra tax or suffer a reduction in housing benefit would they?

I do agree that people should downsize in some cases......give up a larger house for a family if they no longer need it, but I think soldiers should be exempt.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:25 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

But if the person was not in the forces and away serving their country, say they were working locally somewhere,  their parents/spouse would not have to pay the extra tax or suffer a reduction in housing benefit would they?

I do agree that people should downsize in some cases......give up a larger house for a family if they no longer need it, but I think  soldiers should be exempt.

Why should the parents/spouse get housing benefit for the person who's working anyway? They're perfectly capable of paying rent for that room. In fact, they should be paying for other things too, so household benefits should be reduced anyway as there would be income coming into the house, particularly if it's a spouse who's working. Housing benefit is means tested.

It's the same with soldiers. They do actually earn money.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:33 pm

In fact ...

Rooms used by students and members of the armed or reserve forces will not be counted as ‘spare’ if they’re away and intend to return home.

https://www.gov.uk/housing-benefit/what-youll-get
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:56 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:In fact ...

Rooms used by students and members of the armed or reserve forces will not be counted as ‘spare’ if they’re away and intend to return home.

https://www.gov.uk/housing-benefit/what-youll-get

Nicko said he knew someone who this happened to, and I have read stories to the contrary...here's one,

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/11786886.Newton_Aycliffe_mother_told_to_pay_tax_on_soldier_son_s_bedroom/
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down