NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Question for Victor - Late 1960's New Wave of Rabies in Western Europe

Go down

A Question for Victor - Late 1960's New Wave of Rabies in Western Europe Empty A Question for Victor - Late 1960's New Wave of Rabies in Western Europe

Post by Guest Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:58 am

Hi Mate

I forgot to say am reading a book. That has gone into some small detail about how there was a new wave of Rabies that had spread throughout Western Europe, in the late 1960's. Just wanted to know if you could shed some more light on this, as was fascinated to the claim as to the cause of this, which I least expected?

Anyway, off to bed, so have a good evening.

Back to top Go down

A Question for Victor - Late 1960's New Wave of Rabies in Western Europe Empty Re: A Question for Victor - Late 1960's New Wave of Rabies in Western Europe

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:18 pm

will have a look at this but I do seem to remember plans were in place for a massive cull of foxes and squirrels (the two biggest vectors in britain (besides bats) should it become an issue...and I'm NOT ENTIREY sure if there wasnt some action taken in some counties

I'll look into it

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

A Question for Victor - Late 1960's New Wave of Rabies in Western Europe Empty Re: A Question for Victor - Late 1960's New Wave of Rabies in Western Europe

Post by Guest Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:24 pm

Its what I read that states was the cause, that surprised me more than anything. Let me know what you turn up and thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:44 pm

a quick google turned up this

http://blog.wellcomelibrary.org/2012/08/item-of-the-month-august-2012-british-rabies-posters-from-the-1970s/
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:45 pm

whats the book you are reading didge?
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:56 pm

I will have to give that a read and so thanks.

I was reading a book called Absolute War which is very interesting which has also made we want to read my Von Clausewitz again. The book is about the Russia and German conflict in WW2. The part on absolute war is very interesting also, as I forgot what Von Clausewitz had said on this:
Anway that will be for another thread.

The first chapter of this book is called.

Flight of the Rabid Wolf: The long-term impact of the war in the East.

It states that scientists agreed that the viruis hade been slowly spreading west transmitted by wolves and foxes, since the end of WW2. The Russian onslaught against the Germans, not only had the Germans retreating but also many animals retreating westwards. Then with the rasing of the Iron curtain basically was not only an effective barrier to humans, but animals also. So where the infected animals had moved west of the barrier, which thus contained infected animals in the west and further pushed to the west. By 1967, there were 2,775 cases reported in Weest Germany and 199 in Switzerland. By 1968 there was 60 cases in France and at the very doorstep of the channel.

I was quite shocked after such a lengh of time, that a war could have not only on humanity but also how much longer after infected animals could then be pushed westward by a conflict.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down