NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ISIS desperate to sow anti-Islamic sentiments, start a war

2 posters

Go down

ISIS desperate to sow anti-Islamic sentiments, start a war Empty ISIS desperate to sow anti-Islamic sentiments, start a war

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:57 pm

A French journalist held captive by ISIS for 10 months says their goal is to provoke a war, and questions whether we should give them what they want:

It struck me forcefully how technologically connected they are; they follow the news obsessively, but everything they see goes through their own filter. They are totally indoctrinated, clinging to all manner of conspiracy theories, never acknowledging the contradictions.

Everything convinces them that they are on the right path and, specifically, that there is a kind of apocalyptic process under way that will lead to a confrontation between an army of Muslims from all over the world and others, the crusaders, the Romans. They see everything as moving us down that road. Consequently, everything is a blessing from Allah.

With their news and social media interest, they will be noting everything that follows their murderous assault on Paris, and my guess is that right now the chant among them will be “We are winning”. They will be heartened by every sign of overreaction, of division, of fear, of racism, of xenophobia; they will be drawn to any examples of ugliness on social media.

Central to their world view is the belief that communities cannot live together with Muslims, and every day their antennae will be tuned towards finding supporting evidence. The pictures from Germany of people welcoming migrants will have been particularly troubling to them. Cohesion, tolerance – it is not what they want to see.

Why France? For many reasons perhaps, but I think they identified my country as a weak link in Europe – as a place where divisions could be sown easily. That’s why, when I am asked how we should respond, I say that we must act responsibly.

And yet more bombs will be our response. I am no apologist for Isis. How could I be? But everything I know tells me this is a mistake. The bombardment will be huge, a symbol of righteous anger. Within 48 hours of the atrocity, fighter planes conducted their most spectacular munitions raid yet in Syria, dropping more than 20 bombs on Raqqa, an Isis stronghold. Revenge was perhaps inevitable, but what’s needed is deliberation. My fear is that this reaction will make a bad situation worse.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/nov/16/isis-bombs-hostage-syria-islamic-state-paris-attacks
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

ISIS desperate to sow anti-Islamic sentiments, start a war Empty Re: ISIS desperate to sow anti-Islamic sentiments, start a war

Post by veya_victaous Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:45 pm

obviously because ISIS could match Israel let alone the combined might of the west
BUT if they are able to untie all Muslims by convincing them that the west is actually their enemy that is a different story.

We need to be VERY clear that our war is with ISIS not Islam, we welcome 'the soldiers of Islam' to our side to come slay the evil that is ISIS.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

ISIS desperate to sow anti-Islamic sentiments, start a war Empty Re: ISIS desperate to sow anti-Islamic sentiments, start a war

Post by veya_victaous Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:38 am

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down