NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Future Classrooms

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Future Classrooms  - Page 2 Empty Future Classrooms

Post by veya_victaous Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:17 am

First topic message reminder :

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-11-06/interactive-classrooms-being-rolled-out-in-nsw/6919252

Future Classrooms  - Page 2 6919678-3x2-700x467

The new technology is being tested at the Department of Education's Futures Learning Unit at Australian Technology Park at Redfern, before it is rolled out to 1,600 classrooms over the next decade.
The designs being tested include prototype classrooms where students can write on desks and walls.
New digital projectors can cast images onto the floor so students can gather around and control what is on the screen with the flick of an interactive pen.
You can't teach the same way using new technology, you've got to use that new technology and you've got to teach differently.
NSW Education Minister Adrian Piccoli
Wi-fi and connective software means devices in the room, including tablets and laptops, can interact with each other.
NSW Education Minister Adrian Piccoli said the way children learn was evolving as times changed.
"What children are using at home with their friends and what they're seeing online has got to be reflected in what happens in the classrooms, otherwise schools are going to be left behind," Mr Piccoli said.
"I had a student who said to me before, 'this is much better than learning', when indeed learning is exactly what he was doing."
Mr Piccoli said there would be some critics of the flexible classrooms, which have beanbags and light-weight furniture that can be moved around instead of traditional chairs and desks.
However, he said it meant children were more engaged with what they were learning.
"If a little boy is reading on a bean bag, that is great for the child — the fact that they are reading — irrespective of where they might be reading.
"You can't teach the same way using new technology, you've got to use that new technology and you've got to teach differently," Mr Piccoli said.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/education/the-classroom-of-the-future-comes-alive-20151106-gksgt3.html

https://in.screen.yahoo.com/first-look-school-classrooms-future-072113521.html
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Future Classrooms  - Page 2 Empty Re: Future Classrooms

Post by veya_victaous Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:28 am

@victor
a solar storm wont do that..
the real issue with the solar storm is it will wipe the magnetic zero's and ones.
copper will still be copper, it's wont melt, just the magnetic poles will be scrambled. it will have little effect on electricity besides the generator and it will have no effect on a 'dumb' generator it will just need to be restarted. (the real threat is what all the plebs do when while it is being restarted when the authorities cant assure them everything will be OK Wink  )

an actual PC would be hard to get going again but basic electrics wont be too bad, all the new 'smart' stuff will by junk at least that part of it, but i think i could get the fridge part of a smart fridge going. down here fridge would be the main thing as it will greatly increase the life span of food.

personally not a metal worker but i have friends that can and as i have decent medical, combat and engineering skills... so survival would revert to trading skills, like the old days, of which I have plenty to trade. 

p.s. besides my work colleagues none of my friends are tech people.. most are tradesman or factory workers Wink 
we have quads and dirk bikes, we grew up on the EDGE of the city so most recreation is more rural in nature (plus inland side so unlike most Sydney siders we don't really go the beach much).
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:56 am

veya_victaous wrote:Future Classrooms  - Page 2 Wlimq62

don't worry Tommy people like you have been wrong and ignored for 2 centuries already

Do you enjoy Obsolescence? do you think it is right to force it on the future British?

I'm saying that the subjects that are taught are the important things, not the flashy lights and click button delivery..

You can have great education with just a pen and paper a teacher and some books etc...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:51 pm

wrong it is all about the delivery. the kid will even learn something that is wrong if is has a better delivery.

don't believe me try standing in front of a classroom full of 12 year old with a bit of chalk and a blackboard and explain the history of Britain..

then try it with a smartboard that basically acts like a giant touch screen computer can play videos, run simulations, interactive maps, any recorded media.

Admit it you know your piece of chalk is no match, no matter how good the teacher, compared to the combined total of resources the BBC alone has produced Wink .... let alone what the good teachers produce in the first few years of using the new technology.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:07 pm

The right subject matter is the crucial piece of any delivery... and a good teacher will have a good delivery... plus the extra unquantifiable benefits of the human/group social interaction factor...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2