NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thierry Henry Backs Players Coming Out As Gay

+6
Ben Reilly
Irn Bru
Eilzel
veya_victaous
Fuzzy Zack
Cass
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Thierry Henry Backs Players Coming Out As Gay Empty Thierry Henry Backs Players Coming Out As Gay

Post by Guest Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:12 pm

Thierry Henry Backs Players Coming Out As Gay Cegrab-20151027-154858-815-1-288x216

Arsenal legend Thierry Henry says it should be "OK by now" for gay footballers to feel comfortable being open about their sexuality.

Speaking on Sky News, Henry said: "We’re living in a different time, a different world, and people should accept that."

Professional athletes have long been hesitant about coming out as gay, partly because of concerns about how fans and sponsors would react.  But an increasing number of sports stars - including English rugby union player Sam Stanley - have decided to go public.

Henry, who is a Sky Academy ambassador, said he would have no problems playing alongside a team who was gay.

"It’s not a problem, we’re ultimately there to do a job. Whatever you believe in, whatever you do," he said. "If I was in a dressing room, that guy would still have been my teammate and I would still give him the ball, and I would still see him the same way, still go out with him. We're all human beings at the end of the day, so it doesn't really bother me."

The former France and Arsenal star is supporting the Sky Academy Confidence Month, which aims to help young people boost their confidence and fulfil their potential.

http://news.sky.com/story/1577129/thierry-henry-backs-players-coming-out-as-gay

Well said Thierry Henry Backs Players Coming Out As Gay Thumbs31

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry Backs Players Coming Out As Gay Empty Re: Thierry Henry Backs Players Coming Out As Gay

Post by Cass Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:54 am

Good for him!
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Thierry Henry Backs Players Coming Out As Gay Empty Re: Thierry Henry Backs Players Coming Out As Gay

Post by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:49 pm

Can you imagine the abuse from the opposing fans to a gay player?

It will not be a pretty sight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:16 pm

Shady wrote:Can you imagine the abuse from the opposing fans to a gay player?

...but what if that English footballer was the number 1 in the world and played for their nation? What do you think their reaction would be then Shady? Thierry Henry Backs Players Coming Out As Gay Soccer10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:24 pm

feelthelove wrote:

...but what if that English footballer was the number 1 in the world and played for their nation? What do you think their reaction would be then Shady? Thierry Henry Backs Players Coming Out As Gay Soccer10

Playing for England,he'd be fine.But once it came back to club level......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:28 pm

Shady wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

It's a real shame Shady because people should be recognised for their talent, sexuality should be irrelevant Thierry Henry Backs Players Coming Out As Gay Sigh17

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:31 pm

I find it hard to understand how this could be an issue in soccer of all sports, a game commonly refereed to as "Fag-ball" in Australia.  Suspect (we call Rugby or AFL football)

we have had openly Gay Rugby players since the late 90's   Thierry Henry Backs Players Coming Out As Gay 3017092254
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:50 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Shady wrote:

It's a real shame Shady because people should be recognised for their talent, sexuality should be irrelevant Thierry Henry Backs Players Coming Out As Gay Sigh17

Absolutely agree but until until players stop getting attacked both on and off the pitch for either their race/religion /nationality/sexuality it is important that people like Thierry continue to speak out about it.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:04 am

Racism has been almlat completely erradicated from
English football. Homophobia will eventually go the same way. I've come out in every job I've had in the last 6 years.

It isn't a deliberate announcement. People ask me about my relationships, GFs, marriage etc, and I politely inform them I'm gay and/or have boyfriend.

I never know what response I will get but I usually know it will be ok and it always is Smile

Footballers are role models but the lack of openness among for gay players suggests a backwardness that can only be shifted when a major player comes out.

Good luck to them.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:47 am

Shady wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

Justin Fashanu revealed himself as a gay footballer many years ago and I don't remember him getting very much abuse from the terraces - certianly not in Scotland anyway. He played for Hearts for a while and there was never any abuse from the Hearts fans and was welcomed here.
He died a tragic end for something that happened in the USA  when he sadly took his own life. A minutes silence was held to remember Justin just after that and you could hear a pin drop during that minute.

Read about the Justin campaign here...

http://www.thejustincampaign.com/
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:57 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
Shady wrote:

Justin Fashanu revealed himself as a gay footballer many years ago and I don't remember him getting very much abuse from the terraces - certianly not in Scotland anyway. He played for Hearts for a while and there was never any abuse from the Hearts fans and was welcomed here.
He died a tragic end for something that happened in the USA  when he sadly took his own life. A minutes silence was held to remember Justin just after that and you could hear a pin drop during that minute.

Can you imagine if Wayne Rooney came out as being gay? Can you imagine what the Man City fans would scream at him?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:26 pm

Shady wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
Shady wrote:

Can you imagine if Wayne Rooney came out as being gay? Can you imagine what the Man City fans would scream at him?

What, are they like really horrible people?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:56 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Shady wrote:

A bit like IRA supporters if you can believe it.Makes you wonder doesn't it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:33 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Shady wrote:

Couldn't care less about a football player being a homosexual or not off the pitch... but I wouldn't want to be sharing a changing room with them... for the same reasons that a heterosexual man wouldn't be welcome in a womans changing room...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:56 pm

Well tommy fortunately sports stars in the NFL, rugby, baseball, and no doubt many in football are a bit more mature than you are, and accept it with the sense that every gay guy in the world does not care to eye fuck every other male in the world. Locker room banter will go on for sure, but as a sportstar any gay player would be all about that.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:25 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
feelthelove wrote:
Shady wrote:

Couldn't care less about a football player being a homosexual or not off the pitch... but I wouldn't want to be sharing a changing room with them... for the same reasons that a heterosexual man wouldn't be welcome in a womans changing room...

Why is that Tommy? Do you see them as a threat to you in some way?

Are you a real catch like Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:33 pm

Well why not have heterosexual men in a womans changing room?

We've seen it all before... in this age of maturity etc, and most women show more on the beach these days...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:49 pm

Shady wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Shady wrote:

A bit like IRA supporters if you can believe it.Makes you wonder doesn't it?

Wow, so the fans actually support murder?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:55 am

Eilzel wrote:Well tommy fortunately sports stars in the NFL, rugby, baseball, and no doubt many in football are a bit more mature than you are, and accept it with the sense that every gay guy in the world does not care to eye fuck every other male in the world. Locker room banter will go on for sure, but as a sportstar any gay player would be all about that.

I'd have absolutely no problem sharing a locker room etc with a lesbian.
I'm not sure I'd even give it a second thought!

Eye fuck lol!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:48 am

You may not Eddie... but others might...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:18 pm

Except in light of tommy's reasoning that is exactly why he wouldn't want to share a locker room with a gay man. I agree it is bullshit.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:20 pm

The same reason why women don't share locker rooms with men...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:46 pm

And why do you think that os tommy?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:54 pm

Why do you think that is...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:40 pm

In Tommy's world, people are always an article of clothing or a polite social rule away from raping one another Rolling Eyes
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:03 pm

No, that's the Muslim world why women have to cover from heard to toe in a comedy clock of death and aren't allowed to engage in basic social interactions with others...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:27 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:No, that's the Muslim world why women have to cover from heard to toe in a comedy clock of death and aren't allowed to engage in basic social interactions with others...

It's funny how much in common you have with fundamentalist Muslims!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:06 pm

Because some people wouldn't care to control it Zack. Don't mistake 'eye fucking' (I could have used a better term lol) for general attraction. If one or a few women is in a male dominated locker room there is a possibility, however small, that she would be harrassed by some of the guys, even if no harm was meant, it might be uncomfortable for her.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:37 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

It's funny how much in common you have with fundamentalist Muslims!

I find that offensive. Most Muslims believe in the Quran and logically accept it says about homosexuality. Not just fundamentalists.

But you are a fundementalist, like the vast majority of Muslims, because they believe literally in, jusr as you do, in the word of Quran as devine. I think what you meant was that you did not wish to be painted alongsie all the extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:39 am

Ok... so homosexual men in womens changing rooms is fine too then...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:03 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Ok... so homosexual men in womens changing rooms is fine too then...?

Only if you accept the chicks having a perv Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

Just for the record I don't care if guys 'eye fuck' me Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:10 pm

So heterosexual men would be ok in womans changing rooms if they promised not to look at any of them sexually...!?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:24 pm

He's waffling, he ignored the point on potential harassment, nor have either of you addressed what the actual problem you would have is regarding sharing a changing room with a gay man.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:34 pm

It would make me feel uncomfortable to be changing in front of a homosexual who may be getting a sexual enjoyment by watching.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:38 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:It would make me feel uncomfortable to be changing in front of a homosexual who may be getting a sexual enjoyment by watching.

Why? Are you afraid you might get sexual enjoyment being watched?

Otherwise...how the fook does it even involve you, what goes on in another's mind?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:50 pm

So men should be allowed into womens changing rooms then...!?

Because it would be fine if men were getting sexual gratification looking at the women changing in there... what has it got to do with them if someone is perving at them...!?

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:11 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Didge wrote:

But you are a fundementalist, like the vast majority of Muslims, because they believe literally in, jusr as you do, in the word of Quran as devine. I think what you meant was that you did not wish to be painted alongsie all the extremists.

ALL Muslims believe the Quranis devine. So you think ALL Muslims are fundamentalists.

That's not just bigoted but highly illogical.

Anyway - I don't care what people think of me, extremist, fundamentalist, bigot - whatever - I was just pulling Ben's leg, hoping for a reaction.

Yes they are fundementalits if they believe it is the literal word of a mythical diety.
I suggest you look it up.

Hence the problem with literal religious people, as they are nothing more than sheep.
They blindly follow what is written in a book, thinking such a supreme being would make such daft bigoted, hateful commands. I mean if you understand an ounce what love is, you would know the Bible, Koran etc, are clearly the fiction of men.
Love is unconditional.
It is also freely given, which means it has to be consential.
To be against love, is the opposite hateful and also very prejudice.
So to literally claim it is a sin for two consenting adults to express their love for each other is barbaric.
So the works can only be either man made or if this God existsm is utterly evil and cruel.
But then as milliions suffer daily, he either is not powerful enough to do anything, is powerful enough and does not give a shit or the most likley does not exist at all.

Hey ho, you are a sheep at the end of the day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:13 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:So men should be allowed into womens changing rooms then...!?

Because it would be fine if men were getting sexual gratification looking at the women changing in there... what has it got to do with them if someone is perving at them...!?
lol!

WTF is sexual gratification, anyway?  It's jacking-off, nonce.  All the rest is a head game.

I've got no objection to uni-sex restrooms, as long as people keep their hands to themselves.  Who the fook cares what's in someone else's head. That's like the same-sex marriage debate. What the fook business of your's is it who someone else marries?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:16 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Eilzel wrote:Because some people wouldn't care to control it Zack. Don't mistake 'eye fucking' (I could have used a better term lol) for general attraction. If one or a few women is in a male dominated locker room there is a possibility, however small, that she would be harrassed by some of the guys, even if no harm was meant, it might be uncomfortable for her.

Are you telling me there isn't a potential for a guy to be harassed by another guy, "how ever small"? What if the guy cannot defend himself? Happens (apparently) in prisons.

Even if it's just learning, some guys would find that uncomfortable. Women would definitely feel abused, guys would probably resort to violence.

If some men feel uncomfortable, tough shit, they are the ones with the issue and need to learn to deal with it, as I am sure they feel very comfortable when women eye them up. At the end of the day it is the individual that is making themselves feel uncomfortable and no doubt also because of their bigotry has created such a paranoia.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:21 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Eilzel wrote:He's waffling, he ignored the point on potential harassment, nor have either of you addressed what the actual problem you would have is regarding sharing a changing room with a gay man.

You've already highlighted the problem above.

And if it wasn't for the problem that some don't have self control, I would be up for unisexual locker rooms with segregation based on BMI alone.The fatties can get dressed somewhere where I won't be offended by looking at them.

Most amusing!

lol!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:28 pm

Didge wrote:
Fuzzy Zack wrote:

Are you telling me there isn't a potential for a guy to be harassed by another guy, "how ever small"? What if the guy cannot defend himself? Happens (apparently) in prisons.

Even if it's just learning, some guys would find that uncomfortable. Women would definitely feel abused, guys would probably resort to violence.

If some men feel uncomfortable, tough shit, they are the ones with the issue and need to learn to deal with it, as I am sure they feel very comfortable when women eye them up. At the end of the day it is the individual that is making themselves feel uncomfortable and no doubt also because of their bigotry has created such a paranoia.

Exactly. The point on shared changing room is moot anyway; since men and women don't usually play sports together.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:30 pm

So women are wrong to feel uncomfortable by men leering at them?

I don't want some homosexual watching me getting changed and getting some sexual pleasure from it.

Public toilets have been closed because of homosexuals hanging about in there for various pervy reasons, some there for the voyeuristic opportunity of looking at other mens dicks etc...

The changing room is a perfect place for the homosexual perverts...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next