NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cost of living

+5
Ben Reilly
Original Quill
eddie
Raggamuffin
Tommy Monk
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cost of living Empty Cost of living

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:50 pm

If you don't think we have a real problem with the cost of living caused by mass immigration then just have a little look at how much it is to rent a one bedroom flat in your area and how this compares to wages in the area too!

Where I live it is about £800-900 a month to rent a one bedroom flat.

I am a skilled worker on a decent wage but that is much more than a weeks take home pay for me... for a lot of people that would be more like two weeks take home pay!!!

What's it like round your neck of the woods?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Cost of living Empty Re: Cost of living

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:52 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

If you don't think we have a real problem with the cost of living caused by mass immigration then just have a little look at how much it is to rent a one bedroom flat in your area and how this compares to wages in the area too!

I am a skilled worker on a decent wage but that is much more than a weeks take home pay for me... for a lot of people that would be more like two weeks take home pay!!!

It's expensive. I'd like to see something done about rents and house prices, but it would mean stopping people charging what they like, and telling people that they might make a loss if they buy to let. It would work out more affordable in the long run though.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:57 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

In our area that is a months wages after tax and NIC .

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:06 pm

It's ridiculous how much rent is being charged.
People are becoming poorer.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:18 pm

eddie wrote:It's ridiculous how much rent is being charged.

Yes. If rents were more reasonable, people could manage quite well IMO. If rent takes up most of your pay, then people will need benefits, and that's not a good thing. The Government are attempting at least to address the issue of a living wage, but it's the cost of housing which is the main problem. It's not such a big deal for young people who want to share with several mates, but it's a problem for those who are a bit past that stage. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:19 pm

Social housing is generally much cheaper, but people have to "apply" for it, and give their financial status and all that nonsense to see who's most "deserving". It's ridiculous.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:45 pm

Not the top 1%. Life is good for them. Mad

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:11 pm

Original Quill wrote:

Not the top 1%.  Life is good for them. Mad

Well they worked for it Quill.
Even those who inherit have come from a past of somebody earning it.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:23 pm

Housing prices are going up around here (Dallas-Fort Worth) as well. There are people who want well over $1,000/month (880 euros) rent for crappy houses in rough areas.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:48 pm

Wonder why that is?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:08 pm

eddie wrote:Wonder why that is?

I think it's mainly market forces -- people are flooding into this area, so demand has gone up and price responds.

Dallas Morning News wrote:Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, the fourth-largest metro area in the country and the largest in the southern U.S., added more than 131,000 people from July 1, 2013, to July 1, 2014.

That's more than one third of the UK's yearly net migration, cramming into an area less than 1/10th the size!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:00 pm

Dont be ridiculous Ben...immigration doesnt push up the price of housing, nor lower wages...does it...ask a lefty

and if it does...well you will have to "adapt"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:07 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

A one bed flat in town is about £600 where I live, it's not cheap. It's more expensive than buying if you can get a mortgage No

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:11 pm

£1000 a month for a house with bit of land...?

Here it is more than that for a crappy shoe box of a one bedroom flat in a crappy area...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:13 pm

Thank FTL... where abouts are you talking about roughly?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:19 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Thank FTL... where abouts are you talking about roughly?

I'm from Suffolk Tommy, nearest town is Ipswich.  I wouldn't want to live in town, fortunately I live in sleepy wrinkly row Cost of living Thumbs24

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:28 pm

Thanks again FTL... I know a fella who lives up near that way and travels down to near dartford crossing every day for work... says it's only about 45 minutes drive each way...

£600 a month for a nice 1 bed flat is good at the moment.

But if you are then spending 2 extra hours a day in travelling and plus the extra petrol costs... is it really worth moving further away for the saving in rent?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:23 pm

I was going to say that is dear but you are talking about how much commute.

less than 45, in which case you would be comparing to inner city apartments here in which case yeah it is pretty similar, over the skilled laborers wage. up to double a 'near minimum' wage.

but hey I commute an hour and a bit each way, some of my colleagues commute as much as an hour and 45 each way.
It's called Work Ethic Suspect
And maybe it is an adaption the Brits could aim for tongue
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:28 pm

veya_victaous wrote:I was going to say that is dear but you are talking about how much commute.

less than 45, in which case you would be comparing to inner city apartments here in which case yeah it is pretty similar, over the skilled laborers wage. up to double a 'near minimum' wage.

but hey I commute an hour and a bit each way, some of my colleagues commute as much as an hour and 45 each way.

nope its called stupidity and sheep like aquiesscence....

what you are in fact agreeing to is a 11 hr working day with 3 of those unpaid, AND you are prepared to self fund the costs involved in those 3 hrs (in terms of fuel, travel costs in general )

the sheeple.......

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:30 pm

You have no idea Veya... most already commute an hour each way as it is has been affordable to live in London for years... but now the surrounding outer areas are becoming affordable too!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:34 pm

I think you mean "unaffordable" Tommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:39 pm

Yes, predictive text typo...

Totally unaffordable!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:39 pm

London's affordable if you share a house with others. If you want your own place, make sure you earn a fortune.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:40 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:You have no idea Veya... most already commute an hour each way as it is has been affordable to live in London for years... but now the surrounding outer areas are becoming affordable too!

that is what is was like here too
it is called globalization, the 1%, and property investment.

something RW support, make us all work harder, more work ethic...
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:43 pm

victorismyhero wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:I was going to say that is dear but you are talking about how much commute.

what you are in fact agreeing to is a 11 hr working day with 3 of those unpaid, AND you are prepared to self fund the costs involved in those 3 hrs (in terms of fuel, travel costs in general )

the sheeple.......

its what called Being competitive on the global market
you don't compete against the guy down the street, you compete with every one in the world.
Your job can always be outsourced, that is the world the baby boomers made for Gen Y and the future.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:44 pm

Is not rags... a room in a shared house in inner London areas is now £250+ a week...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:47 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Is not rags... a room in a shared house in inner London areas is now £250+ a week...

In case you cant tell from Raggs posts she is rich enough where it doesn't effect her Rolling Eyes
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:48 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Is not rags... a room in a shared house in inner London areas is now £250+ a week...

Well if you choose to live in Kensington, yes. You can get a cheaper house than that. I mean four people sharing really. The usual thing is to get a three-bedroom house, and then use the sitting room as a bedroom too. It's OK for young people.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:49 pm

How can we remain in any way competitive, or even self sustainable, when we have the factor of mass immigration skewing the natural balance of our economy?

It is massively raising costs of housing and costs of living while at the same time holding down wages.

COmpanies are increasingly pressured to raise wages to provide enough money to meet these extra demands but this makes them increasingly more uncompetitive!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:49 pm

veya_victaous wrote:

In case you cant tell from Raggs posts she is rich enough where it doesn't effect her Rolling Eyes

Who said I was rich? My views don't depend on how much money I have, it's how resourceful you are which counts.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:54 pm

Rags... I'm talking in places like clapham and most zone 2-3 areas of London.

I live in zone 5 south east London, on the outskirts... you will be lucky to get a room in shared house for £100-120 a week.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:54 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Rags... I'm talking in places like clapham and most zone 2-3 areas of London.

I live in zone 5 south east London, on the outskirts... you will be lucky to get a room in shared house for £100-120 a week.

Clapham is quite trendy. Places like Leyton are cheaper.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:58 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
victorismyhero wrote:

the sheeple.......

you don't compete against the guy down the street, you compete with every one in the world.
Your job can always be outsourced, that is the world the baby boomers made for Gen Y and the future.

give over whineing and whimpering like a baba with the tit pulled out of its mouth....do what WE (and our fathers did) get organised stand on your hind legs instead of grovelling in the shit and DO something about it....typical I want it all in a bottle, fed to me at the right temp attitude of the hopeless wimps that are todays "youth" and the gen above...

Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:01 pm

Any how...I have nothing further to say to you.....

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:04 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:How can we remain in any way competitive, or even self sustainable, when we have the factor of mass immigration skewing the natural balance of our economy?

It is massively raising costs of housing and costs of living while at the same time holding down wages.

COmpanies are increasingly pressured to raise wages to provide enough money to meet these extra demands but this makes them increasingly more uncompetitive!!!

Much like here something need to be done about property investment laws/conditions.
both our nations have tax advantages for property investment as it used to be something that needed to be encouraged.
the problem is both of us have not adapted fast enough on this, in part I believe because it does line the pockets of property developers that are notorious for backhanders to councils and gov'ts. 

the problem is you are treating he UK economy like it is closed, the reason is not that the property is a good investment it is because it is almost tax free to international investors and can reduce other taxation even further for local investors AND is a very safe investment from an international perspective. easy, safe, low/no tax, any multimillionaire is going to want some in their portfolio.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:06 pm

victorismyhero wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
victorismyhero wrote:

the sheeple.......

give over whineing and whimpering like a baba with the tit pulled out of its mouth....do what WE (and our fathers did) get organised stand on your hind legs instead of grovelling in the shit and DO something about it....typical I want it all in a bottle, fed to me at the right temp attitude of the hopeless wimps that are todays "youth" and the gen above...

Rolling Eyes

says a man too lazy to drive an hour each way

and You didn't do Shit lazy asshole.  How fucking easy was it when 90% of the world was scratching dirt? maybe if you had to compete Against someone you'd never even of had a job.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:09 pm

Veya, do what?

Mass immigration is causing the problems but although three quarters of UK people are against it, and the govt have promised to put a stop to it... it still goes on regardless and the costs keep rising!!!

It is crippling this country under the sheer weight of it all and the more companies that go bust because of being ever more uncompetitive means increasingly more And more people out of work and not only not paying into the system but claiming more And more out of the system in benefits.

Then what?

Put taxes up to make up the short fall!?

And watch all other companies fold too!

It's totally unsustainable!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:10 pm

Cost of living 1177314732 Cost of living 2097912929 drunken Cost of living 2190311264

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:16 pm

@TM
http://www.wsj.com/articles/chinas-xi-jinping-to-meet-royals-politicians-on-first-u-k-state-visit-1445335945

so you see the queen having to basically bow down to the new world leaders Suspect
Can you understand that you are now a Vassal State (just fact accept it)
your choices means about as much as Australians now... not fucking much
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:00 am

Raggamuffin wrote:London's affordable if you share a house with others. If you want your own place, make sure you earn a fortune.

Or work your arse off!

I live in London but I was lucky my parents both worked and paid off their mortgages and bought us siblings our houses.

The real issue is getting a job you love and work hard IMO.

Cost has gone up theres no real surprise there Tommy!

I just love the way you BLAME everything on Immigrants!

Last edited by SEXY MAMA on Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:17 am

Veya,,don't be such a twat, have a day off occasionally.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:31 am

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:London's affordable if you share a house with others. If you want your own place, make sure you earn a fortune.

Or work your arse off!

I live in London but I was lucky my parents both worked and paid off their mortgages and bought us siblings our houses.

I'm sure Veya will be along to accuse you of being "rich" and privileged.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:36 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

Or work your arse off!

Well that would be rather stupid to say as I work for a living!

Richness depends on who you are compared too Wink
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:39 am

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Well that would be rather stupid to say as I work for a living!

Richness depends on who you are compared too Wink

That won't make a difference. He called me rich, and I didn't even have a house bought for me.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:39 am

Oh wait!

You're not a Christian, so of course he won't say a word.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:40 am

Raggamuffin wrote:Oh wait!

OMG you really need to sort yourself out! Cost of living 2396444674

SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:43 am

veya_victaous wrote:

I think you mean SM don't you?

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:44 am

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Oh wait!

OMG you really need to sort yourself out!  Cost of living 2396444674

Don't you have some stones to throw or something?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:45 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

OMG you really need to sort yourself out!  Cost of living 2396444674

Don't you have some stones to throw or something?

WTF are you on about now?

Clearly you have lost your marbles.
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:21 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:

Or work your arse off!

You have had a house bought for you!?

So you are completely exempt from the main cost every month that the vast majority of people are having to pay, which is housing!!!

So how dare you preach to me and others about the real struggle it is for us all who do actually have to pay such extortionate amounts every month for the roof over our heads!?

Just think for a minute how you would manage if you DID also have to pay the rental costs of the place you live in every month out of what ever wages you bring in...!?

Plus, why do you seem to think others don't already work hard for whatever money they get?

And also consider this, for the vast majority of people (with these huge overheads to pay that you are lucky enough not to have to worry about earning and paying out every month), it is not an option to Just do a job that you love regardless of the wages, IT IS ABOUT GETTING THE HIGHEST PAID JOB YOU CAN REGARDLESS OF HOW HARD IT IS OR HOW MUCH YOU HATE DOING IT!!!

You say 'costs have gone up and that's no real surprise'... in a completely sweeping and dismissive manner, as if that explains everything, and how this is completely normal etc... without any recognition or acknowledgement of the fact that while in normal circumstances, yes, costs do tend to gradually rise by SMALL amounts every year across the board... BUT NORMALLY ALL COSTS WILL RISE AT SIMILAR LEVELS OVER SIMILAR AMOUNTS OF TIME!!! (This is called inflation)...

But what we have had over the last 20 years is that some costs have risen by eye watering levels while wages have hardly risen at all!!!

This is the basis of the problems I am talking about!!!

While housing costs used to be at sensible and affordable levels and over time kept pretty much in line with all other comparative costs, regular levels of inflation, and tracked comparatively close to levels of wages etc... what we have seen over last couple of decades is the massive inflation of housing costs (as well as the general above inflation rising of other regular costs in most cases), but with wages hardly rising at all over this same period!

This negative impact of mass immigration is clear to anyone with half a brain!

Too many people being allowed to come here and live is massively driving up housing costs as well as putting excessive pressure on other costs/services/infrastructure etc... as well as being an oversupply of available workers which holds down wages!!!

And it IS possible to highlight the reality of the problems and the cause, AND be against mass immigration, without being against any immigration, OR being against all immigrants, or against all foreigners, or being a racist!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next