NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PM's advice sack Locals employ foriegnors

2 posters

Go down

PM's advice sack Locals employ foriegnors  Empty PM's advice sack Locals employ foriegnors

Post by veya_victaous Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:36 am

http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/pm-embarrassed-by-bureaucrats-sack-the-aussie-workers-advice-admission/story-fnkgde2y-1227517258644

A SENIOR federal official has confirmed a cruise line was advised to sack 60 Australian workers and hire foreigners to avoid the consequences of Government legislation.

And an executive of the company has blasted Prime Minister Tony Abbott and Deputy Prime Minister Warren Truss, who denied the advice was ever given.

“I’m not trying to pick a fight with the Prime Minister or the Deputy PM,” Bill Milby, an executive with North Star Cruises, told a Senate inquiry last night.

“But I don’t like being told I’m lying and I took offence at that ... I take very strong offence at that.”

At issue are proposed laws which would allow foreign shipping companies to work on Australian coastal services for half a year without paying Australian wages.

The Government says the legislation is needed to boost competition and lower freight costs. The shipping industry says it will struggle to compete with companies paying significantly lower wages bills.

A Department of Infrastructure bureaucrat, Judith Zielke, confirmed the suggestion had been made to West Australian cruise company True North, which owns North Star Cruises. She said the company was told it could re-register overseas and hire and train a crew overseas to cut costs.

And he has been caught lying about Not saying it. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I cannot see why he is not being tried for treason, he definitely should not be allowed to continue to run the nation with an disapproval rating near 70% he has lied about every single thing and fucked up everything he has touched.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message