NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Texas county officials refused to hire applicants who didn't attend their Baptist church, share their religious views

2 posters

Go down

Texas county officials refused to hire applicants who didn't attend their Baptist church, share their religious views Empty Texas county officials refused to hire applicants who didn't attend their Baptist church, share their religious views

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:11 pm

A Texas judge ruled last week that a case against Williamson County could go forward after a job applicant claimed that commissioners had a religious test for constable jobs.

Robert Lloyd explained at a press conference that Williamson County asked about his views on marriage, abortion and religion during a 2013 interview for a job at the Williamson County Precinct 3 Constable’s Office.

“I was shocked,” Lloyd said, according to KVUE. “I was sick to my stomach when I left because I had never believed that things like this in government would go on.”

Video depositions obtained by KVUE show Williamson County Commissioner Lisa Birkman and other commissioners admitting that applicants were asked about abortion and marriage.

“I asked a question on their view on gay marriage to all the applicants for Precinct 3 Constable and their view on abortion,” Birkman says in her deposition.

Lloyd’s lawyer, Wayne Krause Yang, asserted at the press conference that the commissioners refused to hire applicants who were not Baptists.

“If you don’t go to the church that they go to, you can’t have a job as a public employee in Williamson County,” Yang noted.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/texas-lawyer-exposes-religious-hiring-test-for-peace-officers-county-only-wanted-baptist-constables/

Getting pretty sick of these cult members trying to force their religious beliefs on others.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Texas county officials refused to hire applicants who didn't attend their Baptist church, share their religious views Empty Re: Texas county officials refused to hire applicants who didn't attend their Baptist church, share their religious views

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:17 pm

Yep, fundamental idiots of all kinds are just idiots, whatever you end up putting in front of the word.  If they fixated on hay they would probably demand you chewed it a certain way.

Back to top Go down

Texas county officials refused to hire applicants who didn't attend their Baptist church, share their religious views Empty Re: Texas county officials refused to hire applicants who didn't attend their Baptist church, share their religious views

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:21 pm

Why would someone want a job with Christians if they don't believe in what they do .

How is it a cult ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:22 pm

Thing is real Christians will never change the gospel to fit others beliefs , vicars are the biggest hypocrites and just don't know the bible and most do not understand salvation they are in it for the job not the faith .

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:27 pm

Vicar Of Dibley wrote:Why would someone want a job with Christians if they don't believe in what they do .

How is it a cult ?

They work for the county government and represent the whole county, not just the First Baptist Church of the Sacred Abstinence Smile

They're using government power to deny work to qualified applicants and to promote their church and religion.

They're a cult because they've been brainwashed into thinking it's OK to only hire fellow cult members to work for their county.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:42 pm

Actually, it's not just their public employment. Under Title VII of the 1964 Civil Right Act, 42 USC 2000e, et seq., as amended, all employers having 15 or more employees must not undertake adverse employment decisions because of Age, Race, Sex, National Origin, Religion, Disability, Pregnancy, Medical Condition, Marital Status, or Sexual Orientation.

This applies to unintentional decisions as well as intentional ones. Intentional decisions are the kind we are used to. McDonnell Douglas Corp. v.Green, 411 U.S. 792 (1973). Unintended decisions are those that arise as a consequence of some other decision. Griggs v. Duke Power Co., 401 U.S. 424 (1971). Part-time employment, for example, adversely affects women.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:45 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Vicar Of Dibley wrote:Why would someone want a job with Christians if they don't believe in what they do .

How is it a cult ?

They work for the county government and represent the whole county, not just the First Baptist Church of the Sacred Abstinence Smile

They're using government power to deny work to qualified applicants and to promote their church and religion.

They're a cult because they've been brainwashed into thinking it's OK to only hire fellow cult members to work for their county.

what makes a cult though just believing the same thing doesn't mean they're a cult , can you post up proof because many churches are labelled cults when they are not .

Okay i can understand this after thinking about it , i don't see why it should make a difference to getting the job i think its wrong . But i still don't know if it is a cult Ben unless you can give me some sort of proof .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:59 pm

was it implied or were they told that if they did not attend their church they cannot have the job, if they were then i think they are wrong to do that...

While i believe that an officer who attends church may have some worthy qualities it is wrong to give the job or not based on them attending church...

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:03 pm

VOD wrote:what makes a cult though just believing the same thing doesn't mean they're a cult , can you post up proof because many churches are labelled cults when they are not .

Actually, most religions are cults.  A cult is defined as a religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader.

What is extremist?  It's just a matter of orientation.  What is false?  Well...have you really, actually, ever....really seen a bearded old man walking on clouds and performing magic tricks for the kids?  Would you step off the wings of a 747 at 34,000-ft.?  Have you ever tasted wine that was once water?  What year?  Lol.  

Wait here, and I'll go get Lazareth of Bethany.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:07 pm

Original Quill wrote:
VOD wrote:what makes a cult though just believing the same thing doesn't mean they're a cult , can you post up proof because many churches are labelled cults when they are not .

Actually, most religions are cults.  A cult is defined as a religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader.

What is extremist?  It's just a matter of orientation.  What is false?  Well...have you really, actually, ever....really seen a bearded old man walking on clouds and performing magic tricks for the kids?  Would you step off the wings of a 747 at 34,000-ft.?  Have you ever tasted wine that was once water?  What year?  Lol.  

many groups can be considered a cult but the problem with the word is it's negative connotations, people think waco when they hear cult....

I consider the jw's and lds cults, they are dangerous to believers but not in a way that would cost them there lives, though the blood issue with jw's could of course...

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:14 pm

heavenlyfatheryetagain wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

many groups can be considered a cult but the problem with the word is it's negative connotations, people think waco when they hear cult....

I consider the jw's and lds cults, they are dangerous to believers but not in a way that would cost them there lives, though the blood issue with jw's could of course...

Every religion has negative outcomes. The crusades, terrorist attacks, sectarian violence -- you can't name one faith, whether mainstream or obscure, that hasn't led to people being hurt and killed.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:20 pm

Original Quill wrote:

How do you talk about connotation, without providing any definition?  Webster's Dictionary can't even give a definition without stumbling over internal logical inconsistencies: what is extreme?  What is truth?  All faiths claim that they have it, don't they?

Take a look at the Mormons.  FGS, they are as loony as a pennywhistle.  Lost tribe?  Hitched a ride to South America around 10,000 BCE?  Sound like Star Wars?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:38 pm

Original Quill wrote:

How do you talk about connotation, without providing any definition?  Webster's Dictionary can't even give a definition without stumbling over internal logical inconsistencies: what is extreme?  What is truth?  All faiths claim that they have it, don't they?

Take a look at the Mormons.  FGS, they are as loony as a pennywhistle.  Lost tribe?  Hitched a ride to South America around 10,000 BCE?  Sound like Star Wars?

I know I often think the book of mormon would make a great tv series, complete fictional work of course....

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:55 pm

Original Quill wrote:

I know I often think the book of mormon would make a great tv series, complete fictional work of course....

All religions are like that, they're full of ridiculous stories Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:05 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

All religions are like that, they're full of ridiculous stories Smile

but the mormons more than anyones..lol if you get roped in to mormonism you have to be very special..lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down