NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

‘Incompatible with democracy': Report finds that many US schools are more segregated than ever

3 posters

Go down

‘Incompatible with democracy': Report finds that many US schools are more segregated than ever Empty ‘Incompatible with democracy': Report finds that many US schools are more segregated than ever

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:02 pm

ore than 60 years after the U.S. Supreme Court declared that segregated schools are unconstitutional, some American school districts are more racially and economically divided than ever. According to the Guardian, the number of substandard schools for nonwhite students is a “slow-burning crisis” that political and educational leaders are declining to address. UCLA professor Gary Orfield released a report on the stunning racial and economic disparities in the U.S. public school system in 2014 and he says that little has changed since then. Orfield said that a “substantial majority” of black and Latino students are attending schools that are segregated by race and poverty. He believes that students who are wildly underserved are destined for a “downward spiral” after graduation in a society that increasingly requires college diplomas and advanced labor skills. “If you get in a really poor-performing high school, you probably were in a weak elementary school,” Orfield told the Guardian. “Let’s say your family’s poor, and then your chances of going to a really great state university are basically nonexistent. It’s deeply unhealthy for a place where a majority of people are non-white,” he said. “If this is sustainable then it’s incompatible with democracy, and spells disaster for the long run.”
In the northeastern U.S., 65 percent of black students attend schools with virtually no white students. In California, the majority Latino students study in schools with only one or two white classmates.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/incompatible-with-democracy-report-finds-that-many-us-schools-are-more-segregated-than-ever/

Back to top Go down

‘Incompatible with democracy': Report finds that many US schools are more segregated than ever Empty Re: ‘Incompatible with democracy': Report finds that many US schools are more segregated than ever

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:20 pm

I've said it before -- until the U.S. offers the same level of quality education to all children, we have no equality of opportunity.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

‘Incompatible with democracy': Report finds that many US schools are more segregated than ever Empty Re: ‘Incompatible with democracy': Report finds that many US schools are more segregated than ever

Post by Original Quill Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:23 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I've said it before -- until the U.S. offers the same level of quality education to all children, we have no equality of opportunity.

Same with criminal justice.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:24 pm

you will find some cultures do not want to mix no matter what you do...
moslems do not want to mix, they will build little citadels all over and claim the area piece by piece...

multiculturalism has always been a huge train wreck just waiting to happen...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:25 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I've said it before -- until the U.S. offers the same level of quality education to all children, we have no equality of opportunity.

Completely agree

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:28 pm

heavenlyfatheryetagain wrote:you will find some cultures do not want to mix no matter what you do...

I know. We have some real estate in Paraguay, with an anchor fence surrounding it just for them. Twisted Evil

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:42 pm

Original Quill wrote:
heavenlyfatheryetagain wrote:you will find some cultures do not want to mix no matter what you do...

I know.  We have some real estate in Paraguay, with an anchor fence surrounding it just for them.  Twisted Evil

It falls down because it is built on the assumption people want to integrate, when in reality most people want there home but somewhere else...

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:53 pm

heavenlyfatheryetagain wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I know.  We have some real estate in Paraguay, with an anchor fence surrounding it just for them.  Twisted Evil

It falls down because it is built on the assumption people want to integrate, when in reality most people want there home but somewhere else...

Bullshit, I live in a very multicultural area and we have very few racial problems. I have neighbors of many different ethnic backgrounds and we get along great.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:21 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
heavenlyfatheryetagain wrote:

Bullshit, I live in a very multicultural area and we have very few racial problems. I have neighbors of many different ethnic backgrounds and we get along great.

I think you are in the minority....

if you look at Britain we have huge pockets of a single culture, which is often a no go area for others...

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:15 pm

No HF it is the same here people integrate.
The UK seem to be an exception although it does seem to be so much worse in the minds of bigots

You are seriously ignorant, most people do not carry Hate in the Hearts like you do.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down