NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

does loving someone mean you think everything they do is acceptable??

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

does loving someone mean you think everything they do is acceptable?? - Page 2 Empty does loving someone mean you think everything they do is acceptable??

Post by Guest Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

does it really mean that...

why do we chastise our children, is it because we hate them or because we love them??

Back to top Go down

does loving someone mean you think everything they do is acceptable?? - Page 2 Empty Re: does loving someone mean you think everything they do is acceptable??

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:06 am

so if your child runs in to the street and shouts allah is an ahole, should your unconditional love smile at the child and not bother telling them that their behaviour is not good enough...

or will your unconditional love say " well done"...

Back to top Go down

does loving someone mean you think everything they do is acceptable?? - Page 2 Empty Re: does loving someone mean you think everything they do is acceptable??

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:08 am

heavenlyfatheryetagain wrote:so if your child runs in to the street and shouts allah is an ahole, should your unconditional love smile at the child and not bother telling them that their behaviour is not good enough...

or will your unconditional love say " well done"...

The child is free to choose what they believe, to enforce a belief is nothing short of child abuse.
Of course you should teach them not to be abusive in the middle of the street, the context is irrelevant, its about being civil when out in public.
So in other words you favour child abuse by enforing your views.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:51 am

perhaps we are not capable of unconditional....love...

we would like to think we are...

but would we love our child if they denounced their faith in our beliefs and joined a different faith..

say dropped allah and became a Christian...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:53 am

heavenlyfatheryetagain wrote:perhaps we are not capable of unconditional....love...

we would like to think we are...

but would we love our child if they denounced their faith in our beliefs and joined a different faith..

say dropped allah and became a Christian...

You may not be but many other people are very capable..

If you do not love your child because they choose a different belief, you are not fit to be a father.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:55 am

I reckon it is quite clear just because you love someone it doesn't mean that all they say and do is ok...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:57 am

heavenlyfatheryetagain wrote:I reckon it is quite clear just because you love someone it doesn't mean that all they say and do is ok...

Nobody says you have to agree with decisions, but that does not mean you love them any less.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:46 pm

I think the only thing I can promise my children is that I will always love them.

Can't promise much else in life.

I don't think love can be switched on and off, so yes, love is unconditional I guess?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:50 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
heavenlyfatheryetagain wrote:I reckon it is quite clear just because you love someone it doesn't mean that all they say and do is ok...

Nobody says you have to agree with decisions, but that does not mean you love them any less.

does it mean we should not think correcting them is the right thing to do???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:52 pm

eddie wrote:I think the only thing I can promise my children is that I will always love them.

Can't promise much else in life.

I don't think love can be switched on and off, so yes, love is unconditional I guess?

even if we love them which we do, though I do know parents who have disowned their children, we show that love by helping them advising them and if need be correcting them, so out of love we do not accept everything they do as ok...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2