NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Couple arrested for abandoning teenage son in Majorca

4 posters

Go down

Couple arrested for abandoning teenage son in Majorca Empty Couple arrested for abandoning teenage son in Majorca

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:53 am

A British couple were arrested for abandoning their teenage son while on holiday in Majorca after he refused to go home. The pair, who have not been named, were arrested for child abandonment after leaving the teenager at their holiday hotel when he refused to board a bus with them to the airport. The were arrested on Wednesday night at Palma Majorca airport as they prepared to fly home from holiday without their son. Their three younger children travelling with them were reportedly taken into care overnight while they were questioned by detectives. On Thursday the couple were given a one-year suspended prison sentence before being reunited with their children and given permission to return home after appearing before a judge and admitting wrongdoing following a dramatic 24 hours.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/11842845/Couple-arrested-for-abandoning-teenage-son-in-Majorca.html

Back to top Go down

Couple arrested for abandoning teenage son in Majorca Empty Re: Couple arrested for abandoning teenage son in Majorca

Post by eddie Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:09 pm

Hmmm I'm wondering how they were supposed to get him on the bus without physically forcing him - thereby engaging in a physical struggle where someone would get seriously hurt!
If they'd hurt him by forcing him, he could've reported them for Abuse and they'd still have been in trouble!

I think I'd have called the police - but the trouble is, if they missed their transfer to the airport they'd have missed the plane and all been stranded.

I wonder why he didn't want to go?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Couple arrested for abandoning teenage son in Majorca Empty Re: Couple arrested for abandoning teenage son in Majorca

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:41 pm

Lots of details missing from this story, though one thing is clear, they should not have left him, which I guess they did out of frustration, with the view to teaching him a lesson which ended up getting their own fingers burnt. Who knows why he did not want to leave Eddie, maybe love with a girl he had met there on holiday, where he wanted to stay with her to see out her holiday. Maybe they were just a spoilt brat. I sympathize with the parents, but they really did screw up by leaving

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:42 pm

Well I wouldn't have left my son, not in a million years.
Not sure what I'd have done to be honest?

Police may have arrived too late, thereby making them miss their plane....so that mightn't have been an option.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:02 pm

I wonder if it was a bit more like slightly older version of child says he's going to run away - you hand him a suitcase.

If he was a teenager, no way they could have forced him.  One of the parents should have stayed though while the other went with the younger children.  However, hindsight is a wonderful thing and who knows what was going on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:59 pm

Maybe if they had sent him out into sea on a rickety old boat to his death they would be hailed as heroes...!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:03 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Maybe if they had sent him out into sea on a rickety old boat to his death they would be hailed as heroes...!?

Unbelievable how you even want to turn non-political threads, into political ones to piss and moan.
How is anyone feeling like a hero in any of this?
You are just make the poorest and lowest comments possible because you lack empathy, where your views are based on selfishness and prejudice.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:10 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Maybe if they had sent him out into sea on a rickety old boat to his death they would be hailed as heroes...!?

Tommy that was stupid and heartless.
Even for you.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:49 pm

I wonder if they're playing happy families now. The boy is 17, and his parents were prosecuted because of him refusing to leave. I bet it's not all happy chat around the breakfast table now.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:26 pm

He'd be in some serious trouble if he were mine!
Oh boy, would he.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:29 pm

eddie wrote:He'd be in some serious trouble if he were mine!
Oh boy, would he.

Yes, but can you imagine the backchat from him? Yeah but mum, at least I don't have a criminal record! Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:34 pm

Come off it Eddie... think about it...

Syrian parents safe and well in turkey send a 3 year old off into the open sea to his death... not prosecuted but given sympathy and hailed as heroes...

Then a 17 year old young man refuses to accompany parents back home to UK from holiday... oohhh what evil parents they are for having to take the pre booked flights to return home and get back to work etc without him... although I'm sure they did everything they could within law and reason to get him to leave with them...!!!

If he really wanted to stay then it was completely up to him!!!

I went abroad on my own and on my own passport at that age... so what is the big deal!!!???

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:37 pm

I must admit when I first saw this story, I assumed he must have been 13 or 14 rather than 17. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:37 pm

Bloody hell tommy, I think you ought to check yourself in before they come and take you away.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:38 pm

I can't see what's wrong with Tommy's posts.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:38 pm

I didn't think you would be able to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:39 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Come off it Eddie... think about it...

Syrian parents safe and well in turkey send a 3 year old off into the open sea to his death... not prosecuted but given sympathy and hailed as heroes...

Then a 17 year old young man refuses to accompany parents back home to UK from holiday... oohhh what evil parents they are for having to take the pre booked flights to return home and get back to work etc without him... although I'm sure they did everything they could within law and reason to get him to leave with them...!!!

If he really wanted to stay then it was completely up to him!!!

I went abroad on my own and  on my own passport at that age... so what is the big deal!!!???

Travelling within the UK, by leaving London, does not require a passport Tommy or classed as visiting abroad.

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:39 pm

sassy wrote:I didn't think you would be able to.

That's because you can't see any point of view except your own and that of your leftie luvvies.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:39 pm

Strange how a young person can legally have a baby here in the UK at aged 16 but a 17 year old is considered a child ?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:42 pm

I admit I didn't know he was 17.
In that case though, why did his parents get into trouble?
Because he's considered a minor still?

And in any case Tommy, your two scenarios had nothing to do with each other whatsoever!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:44 pm

A different report on the story, seems the boy had a mental illness. If true, then its even more shocking that they left him.

A British couple arrested on suspicion of abandoning their son while on holiday in Majorca have been handed a year's suspended prison sentence.

The 17-year-old, who is believed to have a mental health condition, got lost during an outing with his parents yesterday.

Instead of looking for him, it is claimed the couple packed their suitcases and travelled to the airport with their three other children to make sure they got their flight home in time.

They reported him missing - although it is not yet clear whether they informed the authorities at the airport or before heading to the airport on a bus.

A source close to the case said: “The dad asked hotel reception for help around 9am yesterday saying he had to catch his airport transfer and his son was refusing to get on the bus with them.

“The boy ran out of the hotel and disappeared as a receptionist went to help the dad.

“The hotel called police when they saw what had happened and while officers were on their way, the parents decided to catch the bus anyway.

“Their son was discovered later in the morning after a police search for him was launched.

“The parents were arrested before they boarded their flight and left the country.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/british-couple-given-suspended-prison-6375495

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:47 pm

How can they have "not looked for him" and claim he was "lost" and also claim that he was refusing to get on the bus?
Am I missing something lol
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:20 pm

17 year olds go on holidays abroad all the time!!!

Even younger children have travelled abroad on their own with parents permission... and some even without...

Dodge... the state of some areas in The UK being so full of foreigners it is difficult to remember that you are still in The UK... I agree... but I'm talking about myself travelling overseas by myself on my own passport at that age.

There are shit loads of 17 year olds off on holidays abroad without parents all the time!!!

Some of you are completely naive if you are unaware of this!!!

But... Eddie... are all parents to be arrested if their 17 year old 'child' decides to go to magaluf etc!?

Or to go on some other activity holiday etc!?

Of course not!!!

But should parents be arrested if they send a 3 year old child out to sea in a rickety old boat and exposed to high risk of death...!!!???

You see... my points are as always linked by reality and logic...!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:24 pm

You have to understand

No one puts their children on a boat unless the water is safer than the land.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:25 pm

eddie wrote:You have to understand

Exactly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:26 pm

eddie wrote:You have to understand

That wasn't necessarily the case though eddie. As I understand it, they would have had trouble leaving Turkey by any other means - exist visas or something, so they went by boat in order to leave undetected.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:27 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:17 year olds go on holidays abroad all the time!!!

Even younger children have travelled abroad on their own with parents permission... and some even without...

Dodge... the state of some areas in The UK being so full of foreigners it is difficult to remember that you are still in The UK... I agree... but I'm talking about myself travelling overseas by myself on my own passport at that age.

There are shit loads of 17 year olds off on holidays abroad without parents all the time!!!

But... Eddie... are all parents to be arrested if their 17 year old 'child' decides to go to magaluf etc!?

Of course not!!!

But should parents be arrested if they send a 3 year old child out to sea in a rickety old boat and exposed to high risk of death...!!!???

The 17 year old boy was vulnerable with a mental condition, which is probably why the Spanish authorities came down harsh on the parents for leaving him behind.

Back to top Go down

Post by captain Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:29 pm

eddie wrote:I admit I didn't know he was 17.
In that case though, why did his parents get into trouble?
Because he's considered a minor still?

And in any case Tommy, your two scenarios had nothing to do with each other whatsoever!

Hope the rest of their children are not taken into social services care. Sad
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by captain Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:41 pm

"But should parents be arrested if they send a 3 year old child out to sea in a rickety old boat and exposed to high risk of death...!!!???"

If they thought it was the only chance for their child's survival, they had to take that chance. Sad Either or, what choice did those parents have.

"The 17 year old boy was vulnerable with a mental condition."

This situation with mental health in all ages is ruining so many lives.
The sick thing is I really believe in many cases it is down to food, water and air, and defiantly a deliberate attack on a majority of our people.  Even so, there will be cures for much of it, which is being prohibited, hidden and lied about. All out mass murder. Enough said on my part.
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:55 pm

They were completely safe where they were... had the parents not sent The 3 year old child off onto a rickety old boat for economic reasons then there would have been no death of the child... and the others would also be fine...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:57 pm

Christie wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:17 year olds go on holidays abroad all the time!!!

Of course not!!!

The 17 year old boy was vulnerable with a mental condition, which is probably why the Spanish authorities came down harsh on the parents for leaving him behind.

Really...!?

What was that... a bit of fake ADHD...!!!???

Maybe only for extra benefits by any chance...!!!???

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:00 am

Tommy Monk wrote:They were completely safe where they were... had the parents not sent The 3 year old child off onto a rickety old boat for economic reasons then there would have been no death of the child... and the others would also be fine...

You obviously know nothing about the situation of Kurdish Syrians (as they were), living in Turkey. And I'm not about to tell you. I get the feeling I would be banging my head off a brick wall.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:01 am

Christie wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:They were completely safe where they were... had the parents not sent The 3 year old child off onto a rickety old boat for economic reasons then there would have been no death of the child... and the others would also be fine...

You obviously know nothing about the situation of Kurdish Syrians (as they were), living in Turkey. And I'm not about to tell you. I get the feeling I would be banging my head off a brick wall.

A very THICK brick wall.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:01 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
Christie wrote:

Really...!?

Oh ffs, you really are the pits!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:03 am

Christie wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Really...!?

Oh ffs, you really are the pits!

Seconded.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:05 am

sassy wrote:
Christie wrote:

A very THICK brick wall.

I can't believe this bloke's for real, the comments I have seen him make!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:06 am

"Mental condition" could mean anything though. It could even mean he was a bit moody.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:08 am

Christie wrote:
sassy wrote:

A very THICK brick wall.

I can't believe this bloke's for real, the comments I have seen him make!

Unfortunately he is, quite hard to believe he's a human being.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:17 am

You lot claimed mental condition... any evidence of any description...!?

Plus... flap lives in turkey and knows shit loads of Syrians there right now... and a better knowledge of the reality of what's what than some stupid leftie twats on here...

I can't believe some of you are real with your sheep like herd mentality and your open acceptance of anything you see on Facebook or in The daily mirror/guardian as fact!!!

Question everything!!!

Not just the things you don't want to believe...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:19 am

He doesn't know any, he's seen some around and knows nothing of the Kurdish Syrians, didn't even know they were ill treated, hadn't heard them being interviewed and talking about it.  Turks hate the Kurds and are bombing them at the moment.   He also didn't know that they couldn't just leave Turkey.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:22 am

Tommy Monk wrote:You lot claimed mental condition... any evidence of any description...!?

Plus... flap lives in turkey and knows shit loads of Syrians there right now... and a better knowledge of the reality of what's what than some stupid leftie twats on here...

I can't believe some of you are real with your sheep like herd mentality and your open acceptance of anything you see on Facebook or in The daily mirror/guardian as fact!!!

Question everything!!!

Not just the things you don't want to believe...

According to the Mail, he had a "slight" mental illness which wasn't mentioned in the sentencing.

Anyway, according to some reports, nearly half of young girls in Britain have a mental health problem, so I take such things with a pinch of salt. I'm sure someone is going to say that he's not a girl, but does anyone really believe that so many young people have mental illnesses?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:32 am

It's all bollocks rags... media bullshit!!!

The lad was 17 and could do pretty much what he wanted!

MAybe the lefties would be happy if the parents had physically kidnapped him, put him in a straight jacket and hand cuffed him to the airplane seats for the journey home...!!!???

But no condemnation of the Syrian parents and family all safe in turkey, sending a 3 year old child out to sea with criminal smugglers and to his death...!?

I wonder how these lefties minds work sometimes... I really do...!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:36 am

Tommy Monk wrote:It's all bollocks rags... media bullshit!!!

The lad was 17 and could do pretty much what he wanted!

MAybe the lefties would be happy if the parents had physically kidnapped him, put him in a straight jacket and hand cuffed him to the airplane seats for the journey home...!!!???

But no condemnation of the Syrian parents and family all safe in turkey, sending a 3 year old child out to sea with criminal smugglers and to his death...!?

I wonder how these lefties minds work sometimes... I really do...!!!

The business about the child drowning has caused a lot of arguments across a few forums Tommy. Everyone has their own take on it, which is bound to happen really. I see nothing wrong with thinking outside of the box and not just going with the propaganda.

It's awful that the little lad drowned, and his brother and mother too, but you see some people will see it as an way to point the finger re the whole situation, and they won't tolerate any alternative view.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:48 am

Anyway Tommy, you'll be pleased to know that the father, now that his sons and wife are dead, is now staying put in Syria, after their funerals there today. So they won't be troubling you ever again.

''The violence sent most of its residents fleeing over the nearby border to Turkey, including Aylan and his family, but his father told his loved ones he never wants to leave home again.''

“He only wanted to go to Europe for the sake of his children,” said Suleiman Kurdi, an uncle of the grieving father. “Now that they're dead, he wants to stay here in Kobani next to them.”

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:01 am

They engaged in unnecessary criminal and dangerous activity to further their own personal gain.

The poor boy had no choice in The matter...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:21 am

Christie wrote:Anyway Tommy, you'll be pleased to know that the father, now that his sons and wife are dead, is now staying put in Syria, after their funerals there today. So they won't be troubling you ever again.

''The violence sent most of its residents fleeing over the nearby border to Turkey, including Aylan and his family, but his father told his loved ones he never wants to leave home again.''

“He only wanted to go to Europe for the sake of his children,” said Suleiman Kurdi, an uncle of the grieving father. “Now that they're dead, he wants to stay here in Kobani next to them.”

You think I'm 'pleased'...!?

And that I can now rest assured that 'they won't be bothering me again'...!?

They were safe and sound where they were in turkey!!!

There are plenty of places I would want to go... but I'm not setting off into sea on a make shift raft to try to get there and thinking that I'll be given a luxury house and loads of money if I do make it there!!!

This is the problem we have here in UK and other parts of Europe!!!

The word has got back to too many people about how they can just turn up and be given a nice house, fully fitted, gas, Elec, hot/cold water, cash hand outs every week...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:56 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
Christie wrote:Anyway Tommy, you'll be pleased to know that the father, now that his sons and wife are dead, is now staying put in Syria, after their funerals there today. So they won't be troubling you ever again.

You think I'm 'pleased'...!?

And that I can now rest assured that 'they won't be bothering me again'...!?

They were safe and sound where they were in turkey!!!

There are plenty of places I would want to go... but I'm not setting off into sea on a make shift raft to try to get there and  thinking that I'll be given a luxury house and loads of money if I do make it there!!!

This is the problem we have here in UK and other parts of Europe!!!

The word has got back to too many people about how they can just turn up and be given a nice house, fully fitted, gas, Elec, hot/cold water, cash hand outs every week...

Then you are so very, very wrong on all counts about this particular family. They were not on route to the UK to steal your lovely houses, gas, electric, benefits and so on. They were in fact still hoping to travel to Canada, once they had reached Europe and got the necessary documents to enable them to get to Canada. Something they could not do whilst living in Turkey, as the authorities there, refused them visas to leave the country. And once in Canada, their sister was going to sponsor them and pay for their keep, they were going to live in her house.

And for the last time, they were not 'safe and sound' in Turkey. Do your homework and read up on the situation, for goodness sake.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:00 pm

Waffle... should have stayed where they were...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down