NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quick Fire! 20 Nazi Facts You Thought You Knew But DIDN’T!

Go down

Quick Fire! 20 Nazi Facts You Thought You Knew But DIDN’T! Empty Quick Fire! 20 Nazi Facts You Thought You Knew But DIDN’T!

Post by Guest Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:31 pm

Of course the world is full of Nazi, Third Reich and German WWII facts – we know them all right? Good, but you may not know all of these, so sell below for some Quick Fire Facts!!

1. Two Nazi submarines declined to surrender when Berlin fell and instead remained submerged for two months before landing in Argentina. One is said to have offloaded a Nazi officer before being detected. –Source

2. In 1945, Dwight D. Einsenhower predicted that people would try to dispel the holocaust as a falsehood, and ordered innumerable pictures to be taken of the Nazi crimes to hinder any such attempts. – Source

3. During WW2, Nazis developed an experimental drug cocktail and the Nazi doctors found that the equipment-laden test subjects who had taken the drug were able to march 55 miles (88.5 kilometers) without any fatigue. – Source

4. Charlie Chaplin put up the 2013 equivalent of 25million USD of his own money to finance his anti-Nazi film The Great Dictator while the US was still at peace with Nazi Germany. – Source

5. The Nazis formed a plan in 1939 to counterfeit the British pound to cause hyperinflation. Using a German concentration camp, they manufactured $132 million GBP, which is the equivalent of $6-7 billion modern-day pounds. They partially succeeded. – Source

6. Leading up to WWII, a group of German teenagers known as the Edelweiss Pirates rebelled against the authoritarian Nazi regime by intermingling with the opposite sex, growing their hair long, and singing banned songs. As the war ensued, they became active in sabotaging the Nazi war effort. – Source

7. The Nazis kidnapped hundreds of thousands of Polish children they deemed to be racially superior, and forcibly Germanized them. Only 10-15% of they ever returned back after the war. – Source

8. When coming to power in January 1933, the Nazi Party passed a comprehensive set of animal protection laws, with Hitler saying “In the new Reich, no more animal cruelty will be allowed” – Source

9. Nazis tried to cure homosexuality by forcing homosexual inmates to have sex with female sex slaves. –Source

10. Wilm Hosenfeld, a Nazi officer saved many Poles and Jews during WWII, was sent to a Soviet labor camp after the war, where he died from the torture, despite petition. – Source

11. When the Nazi Party held its first book burnings, one of the works destroyed was an 1821 play by Heinrich Heine containing the famous line: “Where they burn books, they will in the end also burn people.” –Source

12. The Croatian fascist group, the Ustaše, butchered hundreds of thousands of Serbs, Croats and Jews with primitive weapons. They had little children impaled, cut off women’s breasts, sawed off noses, ears and burned them alive. Their crimes even horrified the Nazis. – Source

13. The United States gave asylum to Nazi war criminals for decades and then tried to cover it up until they were sued under the Freedom of Information Act. – Source

14. In addition to six million Jews, about an equal number of Christians, Catholics and Homosexuals were killed in Nazi concentration camps. – Source

15. During WWII, Nobel laureate George de Hevesy dissolved his two Nobel Prize medals with aqua regia to prevent the Nazis from stealing them. After the war, the gold was precipitated out of the acid, and the medals recast. – Source

16. Coco Chanel founder of the Chanel Brand was a Nazi Spy. Chanel was a consummate opportunist. The Nazis were in power, and Chanel gravitated to power. Not only did Coco Chanel steal her famous perfume Chanel No. 5 from the Jewish family that financed it, but she also got them to pay her living expenses afterwards with the Nazi help. – Source 1 – Source 2

17. After the Second World War, more than 7,000 Nazi sympathizers committed suicide. – Source

18. The Nazis planned to turn Moscow and maybe Warsaw into artificial lakes – Source

19. London’s Richmond Golf Club didn’t stop play when the Nazis were bombing them in 1940. They just adjusted their rules. “A player whose stroke is affected by the simultaneous explosion of a bomb may play another ball from the same place. Penalty one stroke.” – Source

20. The Leaning Tower of Pisa was once a Nazi observation post. The allies did not air strike it because of its beauty. – Source

https://www.warhistoryonline.com/world-war-ii/quick-fire-20-nazi-facts-you-thought-you-knew-but-didnt.html/2

Back to top Go down

Quick Fire! 20 Nazi Facts You Thought You Knew But DIDN’T! Empty Re: Quick Fire! 20 Nazi Facts You Thought You Knew But DIDN’T!

Post by Guest Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:35 pm

Considering how obsessed you are with the Nazis its a miracle there is anything we don't know about them Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Quick Fire! 20 Nazi Facts You Thought You Knew But DIDN’T! Empty Re: Quick Fire! 20 Nazi Facts You Thought You Knew But DIDN’T!

Post by Guest Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:41 pm

Nems wrote:Considering how obsessed you are with the Nazis its a miracle there is anything we don't know about them Rolling Eyes

Considering you know very little about them its important people learn in regards to some of the darkest episodes of human history.
Whether you take advantage of that is up to you, as you clearly need to learn such lessons of hate from history in regards to how you view groups of people. I hope that sinks in, as such hate is always wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:10 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Nems wrote:Considering how obsessed you are with the Nazis its a miracle there is anything we don't know about them Rolling Eyes

Considering you know very little about them its important people learn in regards to some of the darkest episodes of human history.
Whether you take advantage of that is up to you, as you clearly need to learn such lessons of hate from history in regards to how you view groups of people. I hope that sinks in, as such hate is always wrong.

I know more about the Nazis than you could ever read in a text book.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:15 pm

Nems wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Really, I very much doubt it.
I am game for that challenge, considering this was a major part of my degree.
So are you able to rise to the challenge or are you as per usual all bluff and bluster?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:23 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Nems wrote:

So are you able to rise to the challenge or are you as per usual all bluff and bluster?

What Psychology and Nazi Germany was your degree.?!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:29 pm

Nems wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Stalling tactics.
I have two degree;s not bad eh Nems. Though did laugh at your claim to a Nazi Germany degree lol

So are you going to prove your claim to know more or clearly weasel out of?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:03 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Nems wrote:

Stalling tactics.
I have two degree;s not bad eh Nems. Though did laugh at your claim to a Nazi Germany degree lol

Two degrees ? I take it that was before tuition fees?!

I didn't claim a Nazi Germany degree?? What are you on about ?

I thank you for your kind offer but I try to avoid you as much as possible and I will keep it that way.
You still give me the creeps

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:13 pm

Nems wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:
Stalling tactics.

I thank you for your kind offer but I try to avoid you as much as possible and I will keep it that way.

lol contradcition alert.
You try to avoid me by jumping onto a thread where no comment was made to you directly by then stating a view to me.

DOH

That is clearly not trying to avoid me at all Nems is it ?lol

You also did say "and Nazi Germany was your degree.?!"

You seem flustered, so no problem I guess being called out on your claim, clearly left you flapping.  Laughing

Thanks for making me chuckle with how you ended up contradicting yourself. Which was really as seen a poor excuse to get out of your original claim.

All the best Nems.

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:41 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Nems wrote:

lol contradcition alert.
You try to avoid me by jumping onto a thread where no comment was made to you directly by then stating a view to me.

DOH

That is clearly not trying to avoid me at all Nems is it ?lol

You also did say "and Nazi Germany was your degree.?!"

You seem flustered, so no problem I guess being called out on your claim, clearly left you flapping.  Laughing

Thanks for making me chuckle with how you ended up contradicting yourself. Which was really as seen a poor excuse to get out of your original claim.

All the best Nems.

Laughing

You are using the word claim out of context then.

I didn't claim two degrees you did.

Anyway no matter I don't want to end up conversing with you about anything.

You are of course the Jack of All Trades and will need the last word... Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down