NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A really, really healthy ice cream that actually works and is delicious

4 posters

Go down

A really, really healthy ice cream that actually works and is delicious Empty A really, really healthy ice cream that actually works and is delicious

Post by Guest Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:07 pm

Saw this online and thought I'd give it ago, wasn't expecting much.  It's abolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!

Slight overripe bananas, about one and a half per person.  Few squares of dark chocolate.

Slice up the bananas, put into a plastic box and freeze.  When you want the ice cream, melt 1 or 2 sqares of dark chocolate per banana in a container in the microswave for a few seconds.  Put the bananas and the melted chocolate that has cooled into a blender and whizz.  Might have to shake it about and poke it a bit for a while, but you end up with wonderful chocolate ice cream.  Eat at once, it won't refreeze and can't keep.   I'm hooked!

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

A really, really healthy ice cream that actually works and is delicious Empty Re: A really, really healthy ice cream that actually works and is delicious

Post by Guest Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:16 pm

Yum!   Trouble is I'd end up adding icecream or something to that one, but what the hell, sounds delicious.

Back to top Go down

A really, really healthy ice cream that actually works and is delicious Empty Re: A really, really healthy ice cream that actually works and is delicious

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:27 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
sassy wrote:Saw this online and thought I'd give it ago, wasn't expecting much.  It's abolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!

Slight overripe bananas, about one and a half per person.  Few squares of dark chocolate.

Slice up the bananas, put into a plastic box and freeze.  When you want the ice cream, melt 1 or 2 sqares of dark chocolate per banana in a container in the microswave for a few seconds.  Put the bananas and the melted chocolate that has cooled into a blender and whizz.  Might have to shake it about and poke it a bit for a while, but you end up with wonderful chocolate ice cream.  Eat at once, it won't refreeze and can't keep.   I'm hooked!

Def will give this one a try.

Bandanas are so versatile.

As we're swapping recipes, here's one for those who like a fruit smoothie at Ranoush (Edgeware Road):

- one part bananas
- one part strawberries
- one part milk/cream/double cream (depends on how healthy and creamy you want)

Blend together using something like a Nutribullet.

You are so right about bandanas:

A really, really healthy ice cream that actually works and is delicious DSCN7470web_300

A really, really healthy ice cream that actually works and is delicious Stylish-Neon-Green-Bandana

A really, really healthy ice cream that actually works and is delicious BandanaBiker

A really, really healthy ice cream that actually works and is delicious Hobo-1

A really, really healthy ice cream that actually works and is delicious 2984306523
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:27 pm

I love bananas and I love chocolate so it's a winner all round for me!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:31 pm

Promise, it's bloody gorgeous!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:31 pm

disgusting....

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:34 pm

victorismyhero wrote:disgusting....

You could throw in a lamb shank? Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:34 pm

It isn't, you'd never know it was bananas, tastes like extra creamy chocolate ice cream.   I don't go in for stuff unless it tastes and looks really good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:37 pm

its disgsting to treat bananas like that

dont let em get over ripe ...and slice em and put em between two slices of buttered bread....

banana sarnies...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:41 pm

victorismyhero wrote:its disgsting to treat bananas like that

dont let em get over ripe ...and slice em and put em between two slices of buttered bread....

banana sarnies...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

They aren't black, just reached the stage they are fully ripe and soft rather than hard.  Love banana sandwiches, although I like some peanut butter and honey in there as well sometimes, yum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:43 pm

ah now i like me peanut butter on a sarnie straight, with a little salt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:47 pm

victorismyhero wrote:ah now i like me peanut butter on a sarnie  straight, with a little salt.

Hot toast and peanut butter with a bit of salt, take absolutely no notice of the rubbish they put out about salt.  Hell, we had to take salt tablets in Singapore!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:02 pm

you eat a bit too much salt...you get thirsty
you get thirsty ....you drink a load of water

you drink a load of water......you go pee

you go pee.....salt goes down drain.....simples...

the only folks who need to carefully watch their salt intake are those who already have high blood pressure OR THOSE WHO HAVE KIDNEY PROBLEMS, other wise the above applies....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:05 pm

Exactly!  And in hot weather (I know, what hot weather!) you sweat it out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:12 pm

sassy wrote:Exactly!  And in hot weather (I know, what hot weather!) you sweat it out.

have worked in "hot environments" (on top of pottery kilns, installing contol gear)

was given "salted" soft drinks and copious quantities of the traditional "small beer"

could end up drinking up to 7+ litres per shift and sweating it all out.....

used to get off there with clothing absolutely soaked and me boots squelching

boy was I glad that place had showers........I stank like a week old sweaty sock......

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:13 pm

I like salt but I have to watch my intake becaeue I was diagnosed with Ménière's disease a while back (though to be honest, had no symptoms since that first bout of dizziness etc)
I do have quite a low salt intake, that is, till I drink whiskey then out come the salted cashews lol
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:16 pm

Oops! lol   The best laid plans and all that!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:21 pm

sassy wrote:Oops! lol   The best laid plans and all that!

Always lol! I do like a whiskey!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:27 pm

so does Mrs V. Generally an expensive single malt.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:32 pm

I like rum, goes very well with bananas lol

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:49 pm

Rum....yuck! Can't stand it! It's one of those smells that make me heave.

I switched to vodka and peach schnapps the other week and didn't get on with it.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by veya_victaous Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:49 pm

A really, really healthy ice cream that actually works and is delicious Vn0osi9
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down