NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Watch This Girl Open Her 3D-Printed Arm And Get The World In Her Grasp

3 posters

Go down

Watch This Girl Open Her 3D-Printed Arm And Get The World In Her Grasp Empty Watch This Girl Open Her 3D-Printed Arm And Get The World In Her Grasp

Post by Guest Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:55 pm

We all have our idea of the perfect gift. But, trust us, few could probably compare with the box 8-year-old Isabella is about to open.

This child's luminous joy at receiving a 3D-printed arm with a gripping hand may just stick with you for the rest of the summer -- and beyond.

According to Pixable, Isabella got the prosthetic device from one Stephen Davies (who posted the video) through e-NABLE, a group that develops 3D limbs for those in need. Davies, from Swansea, Wales, traveled to Isabella's Bristol, England, home to deliver the package himself.

Davies, an e-NABLE volunteer who once received an artificial hand from the group and is now a tester and producer with his own 3D printer, wanted to pay it forward, e-NABLE's blog reported. The day was "nectar for the soul," he said.

Isabella was over the moon and quickly began experimenting with her new limb.

It’s amazing and I LOVE the colors!" she told e-NABLE. "I'm going to use it for as many things as I can!”

We don't doubt that for a second, Isabella.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/girl-3d-printed-arm-video_55d79275e4b04ae497035138?utm_hp_ref=good-news&kvcommref=mostpopular

Back to top Go down

Watch This Girl Open Her 3D-Printed Arm And Get The World In Her Grasp Empty Re: Watch This Girl Open Her 3D-Printed Arm And Get The World In Her Grasp

Post by Original Quill Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:39 pm

Wonderful.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Watch This Girl Open Her 3D-Printed Arm And Get The World In Her Grasp Empty Re: Watch This Girl Open Her 3D-Printed Arm And Get The World In Her Grasp

Post by Irn Bru Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:58 pm

What an amazing guy - and he has gone and done it again. This time its Mollie.

The guy deserves a medal.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:04 am

this is inspiring

I wonder what the full costs are involved with getting setup to build these?
the machines the site recommend if you want to try and build these limbs range from $700 to $2000+.... the plastic ranges from 40 to 100 dollars a kilo.. there are some other no printable parts to.

I am going to look into this some more I would like a 3d printer and this it would be an excellent excuse to spend the money
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:14 pm

Amazing, I can't imagine technology in another 10 years.  What can't be achieved! Watch This Girl Open Her 3D-Printed Arm And Get The World In Her Grasp 2681620681

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down