NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clueless George Osborne has no idea how much a tank of petrol costs average family

4 posters

Go down

Clueless George Osborne has no idea how much a tank of petrol costs average family  Empty Clueless George Osborne has no idea how much a tank of petrol costs average family

Post by Guest Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:22 pm

Clueless Chancellor George Osborne proved he has no idea of the cost of living crisis yesterday– by admitting he didn’t even know the price of a tank of petrol.

Quizzed by MPs on how much drivers pay to fill up an average family car, Mr Osborne said he didn’t know.

Labour’s John Mann had to tell him that it cost £73 – £5 more than in 2010 when the Chancellor came to power.

The shameful admission came as Mr Osborne faced questions from the Commons Treasury select committee on last week’s Autumn Statement.

Mr Mann asked: “How much would you say, from your experience, it costs today to fill up a Vauxhall Astra.”

Mr Osborne replied: “I don’t have the numbers.” Mr Mann then asked: “What would your estimate be?”

The Chancellor said: “I’m not going to take an estimate.”

Mr Osborne claimed it was 20p a litre cheaper than it would have been if he had not scrapped planned fuel duty rises.

But Mr Mann asked him to take into account the 2.5% in VAT the Chancellor slapped on motor fuel.

Despite the squeeze on family budgets, Mr Osborne also revealed he was planning a fresh raid on the welfare budget to prop up spending on other departments.

He said the £26,000 benefit cap could be slashed after the next election to save “billions”.

Mr Osborne refused to say exactly how much he would cut – or which benefits payments he would slash.

But experts at the Institute of Fiscal Studies forecast that £12billion of welfare cuts will be required.

Mr Osborne said the £26,000 benefit cap was “open to debate and open to future government to change the level of the cap”.

He added: “It will be a subject of fierce debate.”

He said: “My view is welfare expenditure cannot be excluded from the difficult decisions. I think the next government will want to undertake more savings in the welfare budget.”

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/clueless-george-osborne-no-idea-2920491#ixzz2nMuc5sxN
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

These Bullingdon brats are completely out of touch with reality.

They are still trying to convince themselves that they will be in with a chance at the next election  Laughing We will have a Labour government after the next election and thank gawd for that!

Back to top Go down

Clueless George Osborne has no idea how much a tank of petrol costs average family  Empty Re: Clueless George Osborne has no idea how much a tank of petrol costs average family

Post by Cantankerous Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:24 pm

Catman wrote:Clueless Chancellor George Osborne proved he has no idea of the cost of living crisis yesterday– by admitting he didn’t even know the price of a tank of petrol.

Quizzed by MPs on how much drivers pay to fill up an average family car, Mr Osborne said he didn’t know.

Labour’s John Mann had to tell him that it cost £73 – £5 more than in 2010 when the Chancellor came to power.

The shameful admission came as Mr Osborne faced questions from the Commons Treasury select committee on last week’s Autumn Statement.

Mr Mann asked: “How much would you say, from your experience, it costs today to fill up a Vauxhall Astra.”

Mr Osborne replied: “I don’t have the numbers.” Mr Mann then asked: “What would your estimate be?”

The Chancellor said: “I’m not going to take an estimate.”

Mr Osborne claimed it was 20p a litre cheaper than it would have been if he had not scrapped planned fuel duty rises.

But Mr Mann asked him to take into account the 2.5% in VAT the Chancellor slapped on motor fuel.

Despite the squeeze on family budgets, Mr Osborne also revealed he was planning a fresh raid on the welfare budget to prop up spending on other departments.

He said the £26,000 benefit cap could be slashed after the next election to save “billions”.

Mr Osborne refused to say exactly how much he would cut – or which benefits payments he would slash.

But experts at the Institute of Fiscal Studies forecast that £12billion of welfare cuts will be required.

Mr Osborne said the £26,000 benefit cap was “open to debate and open to future government to change the level of the cap”.

He added: “It will be a subject of fierce debate.”

He said: “My view is welfare expenditure cannot be excluded from the difficult decisions. I think the next government will want to undertake more savings in the welfare budget.”

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/clueless-george-osborne-no-idea-2920491#ixzz2nMuc5sxN
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

These Bullingdon brats are completely out of touch with reality.

They are still trying to convince themselves that they will be in with a chance at the next election  Laughing We will have a Labour government after the next election and thank gawd for that!
and around 3 times as much as when labour came to power in 1997
Cantankerous
Cantankerous
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Clueless George Osborne has no idea how much a tank of petrol costs average family  Empty Re: Clueless George Osborne has no idea how much a tank of petrol costs average family

Post by SEXY MAMA Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:26 pm

Aren't they all clueless? David didn't even know how much a loaf of bread cost!
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cantankerous Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:04 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:Aren't they all clueless? David didn't even know how much a loaf of bread cost!
why does it matter.
do you think he penny pinches as he pops round Sainsbury's. I have no idea how much a loaf of bread is, I just put one in the trolley and move on to the next thing on the list.
Perhaps our elected officials should all do a  course on the price of a loaf of bread. You can bet your bottom dollar that Mr Milliband has been clearly tutored on the costs of a full shopping basket by his minders to ensure he is not caught out.
Cantankerous
Cantankerous
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:27 pm

Cantankerous wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:Aren't they all clueless? David didn't even know how much a loaf of bread cost!
why does it matter.
do you think he penny pinches as he pops round Sainsbury's. I have no idea how much a loaf of bread is, I just put one in the trolley and move on to the next thing on the list.
Perhaps our elected officials should all do a  course on the price of a loaf of bread. You can bet your bottom dollar that Mr Milliband has been clearly tutored on the costs of a full shopping basket by his minders to ensure he is not caught out.

You are fortunate if you can buy what you like without thinking about it, not everyone can. I think the point that Osbourne et al have no concept of the cost of living or what life is like for some in this country is a valid one

Back to top Go down

Post by Cantankerous Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:48 pm

NemsAgain wrote:
Cantankerous wrote:
why does it matter.

You are fortunate if you can buy what you like without thinking about it, not everyone can. I think the point that Osbourne et al have no concept of the cost of living or what life is like for some in this country is a valid one
if anyone thinks any of them do then you are all deluded. Most including the labour front bench have more money than the rest of us are ever likely to see.
I for one do not care if they are experts in the price of a loaf, I am more concerned that they can improve the economy of the country, and despite every single protestation from labour, left leaning academics and especially Ed Balls, the economy has improved under the coalition. People have already forgotten the almighty mess that was left by brown, balls and milliband, unemployment rising, deficit out of control. Debt through the roof and that is without factoring in the 60 years in some cases of PFI projects costs.
the miracle is that after only 3 years things are looking up and we have turned a corner. The only danger looming on the horizon is it will all be thrown away by letting the same bunch of incompetents that caused the mess in the first place back in in 2015.
Cantankerous
Cantankerous
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:33 am

Cantankerous wrote:
NemsAgain wrote:
Cantankerous wrote:
why does it matter.

if anyone thinks any of them do then you are all deluded. Most including the labour front bench have more money than the rest of us are ever likely to see.
I for one do not care if they are experts in the price of a loaf, I am more concerned that they can improve the economy of the country, and despite every single protestation from labour, left leaning academics and especially Ed Balls, the economy has improved under the coalition. People have already forgotten the almighty mess that was left by brown, balls and milliband, unemployment rising, deficit out of control. Debt through the roof and that is without factoring in the 60 years in some cases of PFI projects costs.
the miracle is that after only 3 years things are looking up and we have turned a corner. The only danger looming on the horizon is it will all be thrown away by letting the same bunch of incompetents that caused the mess in the first place back in in 2015.

6.7 million people in work in this country live below the poverty line. Nothing is looking up for them. Politicians and the bankers are doing fine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:38 pm

NemsAgain wrote:
Cantankerous wrote:
NemsAgain wrote:
Cantankerous wrote:
why does it matter.

6.7 million people in work in this country  live below the poverty line. Nothing is looking up for them. Politicians and the bankers are doing fine

Darling as a London based CEO I am doing fine as well thank you so much as the money is rolling in.And as for the prices of some silly old bread and petrol who really cares?
The main thing being is the better classes are doing well financially which inspires the common working class to better themselves.Look at me for example as I'm talented,I own several successful companies and we live in a modest 10 bedroom Georgian mansion overlooking Hampstead Heath.
And even though my husband hates me saying this but does it really matter what happens to the uneducated masses who aren't worth a jot?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:43 pm

Is there a reputation points system on this board?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:47 pm

Catman wrote:Is there a reputation points system on this board?

I hope that supercilious remark wasn't directed at me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:50 pm

£BILLION£ wrote:

Yes it was actually, when the revolution comes, i don't fancy your chances much. Twisted Evil 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:53 pm

Catman wrote:
£BILLION£ wrote:

Yes it was actually, when the revolution comes, i don't fancy your chances much. Twisted Evil 

Darling what a droll little kitten you are.Are you jealous of someone who has done well in her life and what do you do for a living?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:57 pm

£BILLION£ wrote:
Catman wrote:
£BILLION£ wrote:

Darling what a droll little kitten you are.Are you jealous of someone who has done well in her life and what do you do for a living?

I wouldn't be jealous of some parasite that lacks any kind of compassion for others.

Back to top Go down

Post by ALLAKAKA Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:01 pm

The vast majority of UK motorist.s probably don't know how much it cost's to fill their tanks as they are reduced to putting in £20 or £30 in at a time due to their finances.

ALLAKAKA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:15 pm

Catman wrote:
£BILLION£ wrote:
Catman wrote:
£BILLION£ wrote:

I wouldn't be jealous of some parasite that lacks any kind of compassion for others.

So sorry that one doesn't possess the intellect to give a polite reply but you didn't tell me what your occupation is darling.
Or is it because I'm a female that you have become so vicious?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:19 pm

ALLAKAKA wrote:

The vast majority of UK motorist.s probably don't know how much it cost's to fill their tanks as they are reduced to putting in £20 or £30 in at a time due to their finances.

I haven't got a clue how much my Bentley costs to run.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:24 pm

£BILLION£ wrote:
Catman wrote:
£BILLION£ wrote:
Catman wrote:
£BILLION£ wrote:

So sorry that one doesn't possess the intellect to give a polite reply but you didn't tell me what your occupation is darling.

You aren't even worthy of a polite reply and mind your own business.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:33 pm

Catman wrote:
£BILLION£ wrote:
Catman wrote:
£BILLION£ wrote:
Catman wrote:
£BILLION£ wrote:

Luckily for me I have several businesses of my own to mind, so there and politeness costs you nothing.
So sorry if you are one of the unemployables and one will just have to accept that there will always be winners and losers and clearly the latter applies to you.
If you'd like to post me your CV I'll give it the once over and call you back.Does that help Catty?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:40 pm

[quote="£BILLION£"even though my husband hates me saying this but does it really matter what happens to the uneducated masses who aren't worth a jot?[/quote]

TBF....I don't believe the half of it and think your just a stupid attention seeking troll, but a remark like that should never unchallenged.  Evil or Very Mad 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:46 pm

Catman wrote:[quote="£BILLION£"even though my husband hates me saying this but does it really matter what happens to the uneducated masses who aren't worth a jot?

TBF....I don't believe the half of it and think your just a stupid attention seeking troll, but a remark like that should never unchallenged.  Evil or Very Mad [/quote]

You silly thing,I was only joking honestly.And really I don't think the uneducated masses are that bad so let's try again and maybe with my business experience I can help you.
So what is your occupation and can you send me a CV so that I can help you?
I may well be in a position to help you find a better career.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:51 pm

£BILLION£ wrote:
Catman wrote:[quote="£BILLION£"even though my husband hates me saying this but does it really matter what happens to the uneducated masses who aren't worth a jot?

TBF....I don't believe the half of it and think your just a stupid attention seeking troll, but a remark like that should never unchallenged.  Evil or Very Mad 

You silly thing,I was only joking honestly.And really I don't think the uneducated masses are that bad so let's try again and maybe with my business experience I can help you.
I may well be in a position to help you find a better career.[/quote]

I'm good at playing tunes and thought you might like this one!

bounce bounce bounce 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:56 pm

Catman wrote:
£BILLION£ wrote:

bounce bounce bounce [/quote]
Sorry I was only trying to help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cantankerous Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:14 pm

NemsAgain wrote:
Cantankerous wrote:
NemsAgain wrote:
Cantankerous wrote:
why does it matter.

6.7 million people in work in this country  live below the poverty line. Nothing is looking up for them. Politicians and the bankers are doing fine
that may well be because the poverty line is set so low. Of those 6.7 million how many have mobiles, sky subscriptions and regular holidays?
Cantankerous
Cantankerous
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cantankerous Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:15 pm

Catman wrote:
£BILLION£ wrote:
Catman wrote:
£BILLION£ wrote:
Catman wrote:
£BILLION£ wrote:

apparently no one is with you, unless they happen to agree entirely
Cantankerous
Cantankerous
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cantankerous Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:17 pm

Catman wrote:
£BILLION£ wrote:

bounce bounce bounce [/quote]yes, now change tory to black and do you see any difference between your attitude and that of a racist bigot.
Cantankerous
Cantankerous
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:18 pm

You seem very familiar. Do you post elsewhere Cantankerous?
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cantankerous Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:19 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:You seem very familiar. Do you post elsewhere Cantankerous?
I post here if that helps
Cantankerous
Cantankerous
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:21 pm

Cantankerous wrote:
I post here if that helps

It doesn't as I'm sure you knew that Wink
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:29 pm

It's moletrousers or drinky....Most likely to be moletrousers imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by ALLAKAKA Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:31 pm

£BILLION£ wrote:

I may well be in a position to help you find a better career.[/quote]

Has never occurred to you that some people are beyond help ,as they do not want to work and may become abusive if you suggest helping them find it.

ALLAKAKA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:33 pm

Catman wrote:

Lord M wouldn't use another id i believe.
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:55 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Catman wrote:

Lord M wouldn't use another id i believe.

affraid lol! ....He used a different one when he went to ADO!...I'm sure that he was on Speakfree with another one as well for a while!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:57 pm

ALLAKAKA wrote:
£BILLION£ wrote:

Has never occurred to you that some people are beyond help ,as they do not want to work and may become abusive if you suggest helping them find it.[/quote]

Are you suggesting that Catty is unemployed? Well why didn't he say? Really I should have recognized the symptoms of a general reluctance to anything work related.
Catty I am honestly offering you the benefit of my experience as one of my businesses specializes in creating employment for your sort.Do you live anywhere near London as I can give you a contact number and the appropriate website which you can look through at your leisure.How does that sound?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:05 pm

I fulfill a role which saves the state a lot of money..I will leave it at that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:10 pm

...That saying...The present government couldn't give a fuck anymore anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:12 pm

Catman wrote:I fulfill a role which saves the state a lot of money..I will leave it at that.

Oh stop being such a tease as there's nothing to be ashamed of if you are unemployed.How long has it been since you put in a hard days work? Weeks months or years.Help me to help you so that we can arrive at a mutually agreeable position.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:14 pm

Catman wrote:...That saying...The present government couldn't give a fuck anymore anyway.

That's such a negative retort darling and there's no need to use such a profanity is there really.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:15 pm

£BILLION£ wrote:
Catman wrote:I fulfill a role which saves the state a lot of money..I will leave it at that.

Oh stop being such a tease as there's nothing to be ashamed of if you are unemployed.How long has it been since you put in a hard days work? Weeks months or years.Help me to help you so that we can arrive at a mutually agreeable position.

I'll make it simple for you....I'm NOT classed as unemployed! Does that make it easier for you to understand?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:21 pm

Catman wrote:
£BILLION£ wrote:

I'll make it simple for you....I'm NOT classed as unemployed! Does that make it easier for you to understand?

If you are sick or disabled, there are a number of different benefits and tax credits you may be able to claim.So darling the subject of different benefits available to your type is not so simple so please speak to me with a little more courtesy as I have intimate knowledge of the benefits available.
Now where shall we start?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:28 pm

Time for a choon!

bounce bounce bounce 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:35 pm

£BILLION£ wrote:
Catman wrote:
£BILLION£ wrote:

If you are sick or disabled, there are a number of different benefits and tax credits you may be able to claim.So darling the subject of different benefits available to your type is not so simple so please speak to me with a little more courtesy as I have intimate knowledge of the benefits available.
Now where shall we start?

How would you know about any kind of benefits for the sick/disabled etc...Oh do fuck off you stupid troll, you said that you are a CEO and have lots of companies etc....This is quite hilarious so keep on digging yourself down under  lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:05 am

TROLLOLOLOLOL
 Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad 
fine what ever
 Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down