NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why does George Osborne have it in for the workers?

+2
Original Quill
Irn Bru
6 posters

Go down

Why does George Osborne have it in for the workers? Empty Why does George Osborne have it in for the workers?

Post by Irn Bru Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:55 am

Cutting working tax credit was bad enough, but now the Chancellor wants to use universal credit to squeeze the poor even more

As you approach HM Treasury from Trafalgar Square, a yellow sign can be seen hanging from a lamppost warning of a “U-turn ahead”. It is left over from a recent marathon, but now seems to mock George Osborne as he mulls how to extract himself from the tax credits debacle.

The Chancellor has run out of good options. He must now either abandon his plans to find £12 billion of savings by targeting the working poor – or stick to his guns, and destroy the Conservatives’ claim to being the new “workers’ party”.

Like all of the worst political messes, it was created by a pile-up of accidents. Its origins were during the election campaign, when Mr Osborne said he’d find £12 billion of welfare cuts and, as a result, run a budget surplus. As an election ploy, it worked perfectly; Ed Miliband could not match it and Labour was portrayed as the party of fiscal recklessness. The Chancellor never said where he would find such extraordinary savings, because he didn’t know. It was a ruse, a figure designed to be bargained down by Liberal Democrats in coalition talks that, then, seemed inevitable.

Instead, something went badly right. Osborne ended up as Chancellor in a majority Tory government, saddled with a pledge that even he had never really taken seriously. But to admit as much, he calculated, would be too embarrassing – so he got to work on the tax credit budget which subsidises low salaries. In other words, the “workers’ party” would be coming after the workers.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/georgeosborne/11978065/Why-does-George-Osborne-have-it-in-for-the-workers.html

When a died in the wool Tory like Fraser Nelson comes out with stuff like this in the Torygraph then you have to believe that there is truble ahead for the Tories.

He's spot on
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Why does George Osborne have it in for the workers? Empty Re: Why does George Osborne have it in for the workers?

Post by Guest Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:03 am

He certainly is.  They are going to get protest after protest, and the more they show their true colours, the bigger the protests will get.  However, what if people simply refused to pay their taxes, because their taxes are not being used properly?  What if all sorts of things.  He's sitting in his gilded cage not realising that a fire has been lit under it and the floor is going to become too hot to stand on.  People will only take so much and it seems to have gone over the tipping point.

Back to top Go down

Why does George Osborne have it in for the workers? Empty Re: Why does George Osborne have it in for the workers?

Post by Irn Bru Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:10 am

To think that Osborne is being touted as a contender for the leadership of the Tories and posibly the next PM sends shivers down my back.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:16 am

That would be nice wouldn't it, a PM whose father has all his money in off shore accounts so that he doesn't have to pay tax, who has his own house paid for by the taxpayer and rents it out, who thinks he is something better than anyone else while he stuffs coke up his nose and who has managed to more than double the national debt, borrowing more as chancellor than all Labour governments put together since Labour was formed.   Arrogant pig and the thought of him as PM makes me feel physically sick.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:05 am

Conservatives hate people.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:18 am

I predict a few winters of discontent leading up to street riots.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:48 am

sassy wrote:He certainly is.  They are going to get protest after protest, and the more they show their true colours, the bigger the protests will get.  However, what if people simply refused to pay their taxes, because their taxes are not being used properly?  What if all sorts of things.  He's sitting in his gilded cage not realising that a fire has been lit under it and the floor is going to become too hot to stand on.  People will only take so much and it seems to have gone over the tipping point.

How are most people going to refuse to pay their taxes? If they're employed they'll be on PAYE. Self-employed people could refuse of course.

I think that perhaps a lot of people do think their taxes aren't being used properly because too much is being spent on benefits.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:49 am

Irn Bru wrote:Cutting working tax credit was bad enough, but now the Chancellor wants to use universal credit to squeeze the poor even more

As you approach HM Treasury from Trafalgar Square, a yellow sign can be seen hanging from a lamppost warning of a “U-turn ahead”. It is left over from a recent marathon, but now seems to mock George Osborne as he mulls how to extract himself from the tax credits debacle.

The Chancellor has run out of good options. He must now either abandon his plans to find £12 billion of savings by targeting the working poor – or stick to his guns, and destroy the Conservatives’ claim to being the new “workers’ party”.

Like all of the worst political messes, it was created by a pile-up of accidents. Its origins were during the election campaign, when Mr Osborne said he’d find £12 billion of welfare cuts and, as a result, run a budget surplus. As an election ploy, it worked perfectly; Ed Miliband could not match it and Labour was portrayed as the party of fiscal recklessness. The Chancellor never said where he would find such extraordinary savings, because he didn’t know. It was a ruse, a figure designed to be bargained down by Liberal Democrats in coalition talks that, then, seemed inevitable.

Instead, something went badly right. Osborne ended up as Chancellor in a majority Tory government, saddled with a pledge that even he had never really taken seriously. But to admit as much, he calculated, would be too embarrassing – so he got to work on the tax credit budget which subsidises low salaries. In other words, the “workers’ party” would be coming after the workers.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/georgeosborne/11978065/Why-does-George-Osborne-have-it-in-for-the-workers.html

When a died in the wool Tory like Fraser Nelson comes out with stuff like this in the Torygraph then you have to believe that there is truble ahead for the Tories.

He's spot on

So the Tories were upfront about welfare cuts, and yet a lot of people voted for them. What does that tell you?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:09 pm

Cameron pledged on live tv that there would be no cuts to tax credits, child or working.
He lied.
It tells me nobody will ever trust the slimy shyster again. People will dance on his grave when he snuffs out, just like they did with that evil old harriden, Thatcher.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:42 pm

Nothing up front about.  He was asked on 4 occasions on tv if he was going to make cuts to tax credits and each time he said NO.  That was an out and out lie, because he knew if he said yes he would not be elected.  That's the Tories for you, total liars.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:54 pm

sassy wrote:Nothing up front about.  He was asked on 4 occasions on tv if he was going to make cuts to tax credits and each time he said NO.  That was an out and out lie, because he knew if he said yes he would not be elected.  That's the Tories for you, total liars.

Correct. Another lie in a long list of lies just to get elected.

This government are a sham.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:17 am

And not a word from the tories on here about the lie.
No surprise.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:19 pm

Handy Andy wrote:And not a word from the tories on here about the lie.
No surprise.

I would guess that's because of your hypercritical bien pensant sneering at anyone who disagrees with you.

Try stop being such a self loathing & bigoted racist & people might reply to you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:30 pm

Handy Andy wrote:And not a word from the tories on here about the lie.
No surprise.

Can you name the tories on here?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:31 pm

Handy Andy wrote:Cameron pledged on live tv that there would be no cuts to tax credits, child or working.
He lied.
It tells me nobody will ever trust the slimy shyster again. People will dance on his grave when he snuffs out, just like they did with that evil old harriden, Thatcher.

Only ignorant, stupid people would do that.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:35 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Handy Andy wrote:Cameron pledged on live tv that there would be no cuts to tax credits, child or working.
He lied.

Good afternoon Raggs.

I think that dear old HA is desperate for Jezza Corbyn to do something worth while......like come up with a policy......abut anything.

His shining the spotlight on the General Election winner only shows up his desperation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:38 pm

Shady wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Good afternoon Raggs.

I think that dear old HA is desperate for Jezza Corbyn to do something worth while......like come up with a policy......abut anything.

His shining the spotlight on the General Election winner only shows up his desperation.

Afternoon Shady.

I can't be doing with people who want to dance on graves - there's something of the night about them. rabbit
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:45 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Shady wrote:

Good afternoon Raggs.

Afternoon Shady.

I can't be doing with people who want to dance on graves - there's something of the night about them. rabbit

Agreed Raggs & anyone who supports a person who sucks up to the IRA & Hamas is well dodgy & can't be trusted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:47 pm

Shady wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Afternoon Shady.

Agreed Raggs & anyone who supports a person who sucks up to the IRA & Hamas is well dodgy & can't be trusted.

I agree, and that's why I would not vote for this chap.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:49 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Shady wrote:

I agree, and that's why I would not vote for this chap.

The bookies are still making him 7/4 to be ousted net year.He's toast.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:51 pm

Stormee wrote:Conservatives are the pits and always have been in my eyes.
Labour, Bliar, what a load of dross.

Is there a measurable worthy difference between the 2 parties?

How do you think Teresa May would be for our country?

She wears nice shoes, so that's a good start ... Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:01 pm

Stormee wrote:Conservatives are the pits and always have been in my eyes.
Labour, Bliar, what a load of dross.

Is there a measurable worthy difference between the 2 parties?

How do you think Teresa May would be for our country?

Well Stormee,before the General Election there was hardly any difference between Labour & Tory because both were left wing parties.But now the Labour party has collapsed into loonie left protest group that it is,there is some daylight between those parties.

Mrs.May is I think 3rd favourite with the bookies to be the next Tory leader & if she continues with her 'steady as she goes' course,then I reckon she's a good bet to be the next Tory leader.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:29 pm

with reference to the headline the answer is easy

because he's a clueless tosser

he is however a slightly less clueless tosser than corbyn and cronies
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down