NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Physicists Say Universe Might Be About To Collapse

+2
Lurker
Vintage
6 posters

Go down

Physicists Say Universe Might Be About To Collapse Empty Physicists Say Universe Might Be About To Collapse

Post by Guest Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:31 pm

The universe might be about to collapse, scientists have announced.

It has long been predicted that the universe, which has been expanding since the event known as the Big Bang, might one day reach a point where the process would reverse.

In that scenario - which could have several causes - the universe would begin to contract and eventually compact into a small hard ball - a similar state to the pre-Big Bang.

But one of the many unanswered questions that surround that theory is exactly when this might occur.

Now physicists say they might have evidence it could be sooner rather than later.

A team at the University of Southern Denmark say that according to their calculations, it is possible that a process called a universal "phase transition" could begin at virtually any time in which every particle in existence becomes extremely heavy.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/12/13/universe-collapse-phase-transition_n_4437807.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Oh well, been nice meeting you all.

Crying or Very sad 

Back to top Go down

Physicists Say Universe Might Be About To Collapse Empty Re: Physicists Say Universe Might Be About To Collapse

Post by Guest Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:37 pm

Bloody hell, you trying to get us all to top ourselves today Didge? LOL

Back to top Go down

Physicists Say Universe Might Be About To Collapse Empty Re: Physicists Say Universe Might Be About To Collapse

Post by Guest Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:15 pm

Sassy wrote:Bloody hell, you trying to get us all to top ourselves today Didge? LOL

lol! 

No, just so many theories are very interesting, just think we take too much for granted, that in reality everything could come crashing down at any second really. To me it furthers my belief that everyone should live life for the now and enjoy it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:31 pm

If it took this long to expand wouldn't it take as long to collapse or is it more like a piece of elastic stretched and suddenly released?

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:34 pm

I always thought the the Universe was just some alien kid's science experiment anyway.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:16 pm

What about my pension?
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:50 pm

Evening all, I see some of my old mates are here, and thanks for the invite.

As some of you may recall, I've said for a long time that as there was a big bang there must have been a big crunch, and then another big bang, and so on ad-infinitum. It is inconceivable that there was a nothingness before the big bang. If there was a nothingness, then from where would come that first intial spark that generated the bang and ultimately the Universe?

I've just had a message pop up from my security suite that said 'this site is unsafe and a security risk,' therefore I'll not come back until I get some reassurance it is safe. Perhaps the mods should have a look at any security threats. Bye for now.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:08 pm

stardesk wrote:Evening all, I see some of my old mates are here, and thanks for the invite.

As some of you may recall, I've said for a long time that as there was a big bang there must have been a big crunch, and then another big bang, and so on ad-infinitum. It is inconceivable that there was a nothingness before the big bang. If there was a nothingness, then from where would come that first intial spark that generated the bang and ultimately the Universe?

I've just had a message pop up from my security suite that said 'this site is unsafe and a security risk,' therefore I'll not come back until I get some reassurance it is safe. Perhaps the mods should have a look at any security threats. Bye for now.

..Probably Norton or a security suite like that, takes up too much space and tries to take over your computer. I'm running free AVG it takes up a lot less space, catches the security threats but doesn't try to tell me what to do all the time  Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:11 pm

stardesk wrote:Evening all, I see some of my old mates are here, and thanks for the invite.

Hi there, Star. Nice to see you. Hope you are well.

I haven't had that message and even if I had I wouldn't bother about it - not that you should of course.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:34 am

But I wanna live!

Oh no, we're totally bad for you ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:38 am

On a less flippant note -- I just ran our URL through three website malware detectors and came up with nothing.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down