NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Outraged protesters chase Tory MP out of town after he turns up to open foodbank

+3
nicko
The Devil, You Know
Raggamuffin
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Outraged protesters chase Tory MP out of town after he turns up to open foodbank  Empty Outraged protesters chase Tory MP out of town after he turns up to open foodbank

Post by Guest Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:49 pm

More than 100 people screamed 'shame on you' at Scottish Secretary David Mundell - who claims the rise in foodbanks isn't caused by welfare cuts

Furious protesters have chased a Tory MP out of town after he turned up to open a foodbank - despite denying their huge rise is caused by welfare cuts.

A raging crowd screamed 'shame on you' at Scottish Secretary David Mundell after he sneaked out the charity's back door today in Dumfries.

Up to 200 people forced his white Ford Focus to a crawl as they surrounded it bearing placards with slogans against the Tory minister.

He sat ashen-faced in his seat and eventually his car was allowed to move after four police officers calmed the crowd, our Scottish sister paper the Daily Record reported.

The Tory MP for Dumfriesshire, Clydesdale and Tweeddale has previously denied a link between food bank use and his party’s welfare reforms.

He was grilled by a Scottish Parliament committee in February which insisted there was a link - but insisted: "We’re just not going to agree on that."

And today Scotland's only Tory MP dismissed the protest as a 'stunt'.

He told ITV News foodbanks have become 'politicised', adding: "It's about doing things about the issues that are affecting people and their day-to-day lives.

"And not about stunts and gestures and constantly trying to politicise the good work of people who are trying to help."

The number of foodbank users has exploded across Britain as Tory cuts continue to bite.

The Trussell Trust charity, which runs the foodbank Mr Mundell opened today, handed out 3 days' emergency food more than a million times last year.

That was a huge rise from 913,000 in 2013, 347,000 in 2012 and 129,000 in 2011.

Mundell sneaked into the building in Dumfries' Apex Centre through the back door and refused to answer questions from the press.

Scotland's Trussell Trust manager Ewan Gurr, who invited the minister, said: "It is not a pleasure opening a new food bank.

“David and I probably both stand here with conflicting emotions.

"I have welcomed Labour MPs to open food banks, SNP MPs, and Liberal Democrat MPs to open food banks.

"And you sure as hell better believe I am going to welcome a Conservative MP to come and open a food banks, so I welcome David Mundell today."

Speaking in front of sandwiches, biscuits, and quiche laid on for his arrival, Mundell said: “I believe it is very important to have full, open discussions about issues, and I don’t want to hide away from people’s concerns, and I don’t do that.

“I have been a local representative for 16 years, and I haven’t spent that time just going round speaking to people who agree with me, or who agree with government policy.

“That is a very inappropriate way for a local MP to act.”

But disabled resident Ian Patterson, 66, who was at today's protest, fumed: "If I had still had both my legs I would have booted him in the nuts.

"It is disgusting that Mundell has come along today to open a foodbank when it is his party which had put people in the position where they can’t afford to feed themselves.

"The Tories are targeting the most vulnerable people in society - the disabled, the elderly, and now the young with their cut in housing benefit for the under 21s.

"If Mundell believes in his party policies, and that food banks haven’t been caused by the Tories, he would have come out the front door and faced folk - not scurried out the back like a coward."

Fellow disabled protester Lesley-Anne McLelland, 56, added: “It is absolutely ridiculous that so many people have to rely upon food banks in Scotland in this day and age.

“We are the only oil-rich country in the world where people have to be fed using them.

“For Mundell to come and open this while his government is putting through Parliament more hurt and misery for people is disgusting.

“He didn’t even have the guts to face anyone who was here today."

South Lanarkshire Solidarity councillor Pat Lee added: “We are here to hold Mundell to account for his hypocrisy."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/outraged-protesters-chase-tory-mp-6132000#ICID=sharebar_twitter

He's gonna have to get used to that.

Back to top Go down

Outraged protesters chase Tory MP out of town after he turns up to open foodbank  Empty Re: Outraged protesters chase Tory MP out of town after he turns up to open foodbank

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:52 pm

They invite people to "open" a foodbank? I find that a bit odd.

Some people have no decorum - screeching in public seems to be in the in thing. He does indeed need to get used to that.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Outraged protesters chase Tory MP out of town after he turns up to open foodbank  Empty Re: Outraged protesters chase Tory MP out of town after he turns up to open foodbank

Post by The Devil, You Know Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:30 pm

sassy wrote:More than 100 people screamed 'shame on you' at Scottish Secretary David Mundell - who claims the rise in foodbanks isn't caused by welfare cuts

you do seem to be in favour of mob rule, how very left wing of you.
the nazi's used to chase people out of town too.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:22 am

Mob rule?  Protest against injustice, or are you a corward and happy to take whatever shit is thrown at you, too weak to stand up for yourself?

Typical servile Tory cap doffer.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:39 am

We have a "food bank" in our local Church, a short time ago I saw a couple who Both work part time at Asda come out loaded down with groceries. Some people will grab anything that's free.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:42 am

yeah Nicko, but the R/W ansewr to that would be to close the food bank, rather than prosecute the parasites

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:43 am

The Devil, You Know wrote:
sassy wrote:More than 100 people screamed 'shame on you' at Scottish Secretary David Mundell - who claims the rise in foodbanks isn't caused by welfare cuts

you do seem to be in favour of mob rule, how very left wing of you.
the nazi's used to chase people out of town too.

yet you are in favour of policies that starve the poor and sick to death?????

the nazis did that a LOT.......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:30 pm

I have to agree with Dean, I thought we live in a civilized society.
Also starving people to death Victor?
Sorry but when we have 8 million people in debt mainly caused by their own poor management of their own money and you have now more food bank faciilities is going to see a rise in people using them because they are readily avaiable. There is no evidence the rise is due to many policies. If something is available people will use them. All this babble and constantly blaming goverments for when many people place material objects above food is fundementally wrong in the first place and is ignoring the growing problem in society where vastly many people live beyond their means. You will never tackle this problem if you for ever keep having to bail people out. I think finannical services need to be taught as a subject in schools to tackle this ever ongoing problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:04 pm

Cuchulain wrote:I have to agree with Dean, I thought we live in a civilized society.
Also starving people to death Victor?
Sorry but when we have 8 million people in debt mainly caused by their own poor management of their own money and you have now more food bank faciilities is going to see a rise in people using them because they are readily avaiable. There is no evidence the rise is due to many policies. If something is available people will use them. All this babble and constantly blaming goverments for when many people place material objects above food is fundementally wrong in the first place and is ignoring the growing problem in society where vastly many people live beyond their means. You will never tackle this problem if you for ever keep having to bail people out. I think finannical services need to be taught as a subject in schools to tackle this ever ongoing problem.

conversely didge, you do not in any sort of decent society blame the poor for the follies of the rich and expect them to bail out the rich for THEIR own greedy grasping and yes criminal folly

"Its the rich what gets the pleasure

Its the poor what gets the blame"

so true

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:11 pm

Who is blaming the poor?
We do not have 8 million poor in this country but we have 8 million in debt and you are trying to defend the majority of these who are incompetant with their finances. That is fundementallly wrong and does not resolve the issue. We should always help people in need but to ignore the fact people in many cases are poor with money and how many place a belief more over a material object is also fundementally wrong. You only have to look at sales figures each year to see many people are not prevented from going out and buying things they do not need. Again 8 million in debt proves that. My view is you tackle the problem from when children grow up and thus understand finnance. Ignoing people being irresponsible with money is ignoring the facts. Its not blaming anything other than a culture that has formed within society. To tackle this requires education.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:35 pm

Cuchulain wrote:Who is blaming the poor?
We do not have 8 million poor in this country but we have 8 million in debt and you are trying to defend the majority of these who are incompetant with their finances. That is fundementallly wrong and does not resolve the issue. We should always help people in need but to ignore the fact people in many cases are poor with money and how many place a belief more over a material object is also fundementally wrong. You only have to look at sales figures each year to see many people are not prevented from going out and buying things they do not need. Again 8 million in debt proves that. My view is you tackle the problem from when children grow up and thus understand finnance. Ignoing people being irresponsible with money is ignoring the facts. Its not blaming anything other than a culture that has formed within society. To tackle this requires education.

whatever point you are making didge is somewhat lost in the noise...

the poor ARE being blamed for the financial mess we are in there can be no doubt about that AND whats worse they are being punished for it as if indeed it IS their fault.

Of the 8 millio in debt that you quote...how many of these are working "middle class" I wonder...

as opposed to unwaged, sick and disabled?

certainly a number of those will be in debt caused by becoming "unwaged" (simply becasue they had sustainable debts untill some arse decided they were expendable....)
But I'm willing to bet that the BULK of those in debt are actually on good money.

Now THAT is a different story to ( and something of a deflection from) the REAL point that food banks LARGELY are there to help the REAL destitute, the fact that some parasitise them is neither here nor there ..regretable though it is.

the bedroom tax for instance has plunged 1000.s below the breadline
the cuts in benefits has done likewise (and to many many GENUINE claimants) and theres no point going on about "appeals" which can take more than 6 months in some cases, and these people DO N OT have a "standby fund to draw on, any such will already have been burned up, in some cases long ago.

It is an easy tory cop out didge, to talk about people being in debt, when the conversation is about people having to go to food banks,

The Tories dont like food banks they would close them if they could find a way without looking complete shits (as opposed to the "part shits" they appear in any case)

why dont they like em...becasue the very existance of them shows the tories up for the failures at social justice they are...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:35 pm

A normal story from 52 Lives, an amazing charity set up by a lady that writes from home, to try and help one person every week:

This week, 52 Lives is trying to help Kathryn, a 36 year old mother of 2, from the Isle of Wight.

In February 2011, Kathryn was driving the van they she and her husband, Nic, used for their furniture business. She swerved to avoid a bird, and went head on through a wooden telegraph pole and hit a tree. She was airlifted to Walsgrave University Hospital, Coventry, and officially died 4 times on the way to the hospital.

Kathryn was put into an induced coma, and was expected to be left quadriplegic, with locked in syndrome and unable to breathe by herself.

She spent over a year in hospital and intensive rehabilitation.

Kathryn has defied all the odds. She can talk, use a wheelchair for mobility and is even beginning to learn how to walk again.

But in order to care for his wife and their two children, Nic had to sell their family home and they are now living in a caravan on the Isle of Wight.

Because Kathryn does not fit in a medical “box” she has really struggled with such basic things like accessing ongoing therapies, counselling or pain relief, and they often have to rely on paying for her treatment themselves. Her private physiotherapy, for example, costs £80 per hour. But it is making such a difference to her that they often forgo buying groceries in order to pay for it, instead relying on the local food bank for their meals.

Having to choose between feeding your family and medical treatment isn’t something anyone should have to do. This lovely family is in a desperate situation. We want to help make their life a little bit easier.

Outraged protesters chase Tory MP out of town after he turns up to open foodbank  Kathryn_3

http://www.52-lives.org/lives/67

Plus Nicko, why the fuck do you think that part time workers from Asda, who would be in minimum wage, would not need a food bank.  Do you think Asda would give them free food? You can't just go in and ask to use a foodbank, you have to be referred.  As for clutching their goodies, they would have been given a box each with enough food for three days and can only use one twice a year.  How can you be so nasty about people who probably loathed doing it, because most feel humiliated that they have to.  It utterly disgusts me that people judge without knowing the facts.  What if people said you were getting painkillers when you didn't need them, because they couldn't feel your pain?

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:18 am

Before you go off on one about me,you will notice that I was only commenting on what I saw and what I know. I'M sure that most claiments are "above board" but there are some who will take advantage, it's Human Nature.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by captain Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:52 am

victorismyhero wrote:yeah Nicko, but the R/W ansewr to that would be to close the food bank, rather than prosecute the parasites

Bang on Victor.
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by captain Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:03 am

nicko wrote:Before you go off on one about me,you will notice that I was only commenting on what I saw and what I know.  I'M sure that most claiments  are "above board"    "but there are some who will take advantage, it's Human Nature. "

Correct. Yes some will take advantage. I Witnessed my fair share of parasites, that would even let their own family die too get what they want. But that is not the whole of the human race, some genuinely need help and are not getting it.

A tory being at such a place is just a mockery of the circumstances they alone have created . A bit like a killer going to their victims funeral, only to gloat.
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:08 pm

victorismyhero wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:Who is blaming the poor?

whatever point you are making didge is somewhat lost in the noise...

the poor ARE being blamed for the financial mess we are in there can be no doubt about that AND whats worse they are being punished for it as if indeed it IS their fault.

Of the 8 millio in debt that you quote...how many of these are working "middle class" I wonder...

as opposed to unwaged, sick and disabled?

certainly a number of those will be in debt caused by becoming "unwaged" (simply becasue they had sustainable debts untill some arse decided they were expendable....)
But I'm willing to bet that the BULK of those in debt are actually on good money.

Now THAT is a different story to ( and something of a deflection from) the REAL point that food banks LARGELY are there to help the REAL destitute, the fact that some parasitise them is neither here nor there ..regretable though it is.

the bedroom tax for instance has plunged 1000.s below the breadline
the cuts in benefits has done likewise (and to many many GENUINE claimants) and theres no point going on about "appeals" which can take more than 6 months in some cases, and these people DO N OT have a "standby fund to draw on, any such will already have been burned up, in some cases long ago.

It is an easy tory cop out didge, to talk about people being in debt, when the conversation is about people having to go to food banks,

The Tories dont like food banks they would close them if they could find a way without looking complete shits (as opposed to the "part shits" they appear in any case)

why dont they like em...becasue the very existance of them shows the tories up for the failures at social justice they are...

Point 1) I fail to see how the poor are being punished. In fact I think it is a complete copout.

Point 2) What does it matter if someone is middle class or not if they are poor with their finnances? It does not, what is the problem is such things should be taught in school as many people today live off maxed out credit cards. Again you are not looking at the issue here Victor of how a culture has formed in the west where people live beyond their means.

Point 3) Just because someone is sick and disabled does not classify them as poor as you seem to think it does, where again many people with disabilities actually work. In fact such a view is not treating people with disabilities as equal. IT does not matter what category people are in, its about anyone who is bad with thier money.

Point 4) If the bulk of them are on good money it then further proves my point.

Point 5) But it is the point about food banks. If many people have gotten into debt then of course they are going to taske advanatage of such places. Again just because more have been built and people using them, does not mean the problem is growing. The problem already existed andf now more have access to food banks. A substancial part of this group will be people in debt.

https://fullfact.org/factcheck/economy/food_bank_number-40853

Point 6) I see nothing wrong with the tax and where is your evidence it has effected thousands? Sorry I do not buy that at all and again it means making changes then people need to alter their finannces.

Point 7) No I think its a copout how the left continue to excuse those who are finnancially incompetant. We have a dilema in regards to wages, that if we increase them too much then we stand to lose business here in the UK, which has been drawn here due to the wages being low. It is a problem and one where I wish to see some balance and that the wage should be at a min of £8 in the uk and £9 in London. You cannot seek to continue to Blame the Tories Victor when much responsibilities is within us people ourselves.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:02 pm

Didge the so called "Austerity has NOT affected the top 60% probably 70% to any appreciable degree...

I guess I must be somewhere in that group at the lower end and it hasnt bothered me directly.

the bottom 30% however it HAS hit, and hard and yet the problem was caused by the top 10%

as for not seeing anything wrong with that "bedroom tax"

what do you suggest the affected do?

move into all those (non existant) 1 bed properties?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:07 pm

victorismyhero wrote:Didge the so called "Austerity has NOT affected the top 60% probably 70% to any appreciable degree...

I guess I must be somewhere in that group at the lower end and it hasnt bothered me directly.

the bottom 30% however it HAS hit, and hard and yet the problem was caused by the top 10%

A huge number of those penalised with the bedroom tax are disabled, who have had their homes converted (very often by the council) to enable them to live outside a hospital, things like special bathrooms, hoists etc.  One lady even lives in a house that had a special lift put in from the lounge to the bedroom for her very disabled son as she could no longer carry him upstairs.  Because her eldest son died, she has been hit with it.  These people can't move without considerable money being spent on a new property.  

Grieving mum forced to pay Bedroom Tax after disabled son died - and council 'won't move her'

Julie Glover says she's desperate to move house. But she can't because her surviving son has cerebral palsy too - so it'll cost too much

Outraged protesters chase Tory MP out of town after he turns up to open foodbank  Julie-Glover
Grieving: Julie Glover with son Royston and a photo of David, whose room she's being charged for

A grieving mum is at her wits' end after she was forced to pay the Bedroom Tax - on the room where her disabled son lived until his premature death.

Julie Glover lost her husband Roy, 67, and cerebral palsy-stricken son David within just 10 months of each other in 2012 and has struggled to cope.

Now the government is clawing back an extra £12 a week via the hated tax - already described as unfair by two Tory MPs - and it's left Julie desperate to move house.

But she says the authorities won't give her a new home because her surviving son - wheelchair-bound Royston, 35 - has cerebral palsy too and it'll be too expensive to adapt.

"It’s me and my eldest son left in a three-bedroomed house," full-time- carer Julie told WalesOnline.

Outraged protesters chase Tory MP out of town after he turns up to open foodbank  Julie-Glover
Tough year: Julie Glover lost her husband and one of her sons within 10 months

"My point to them, which we can’t get a decent answer to, is why won’t you move us?

"And if you don’t want to why are you still charging us?

"We have been here for 30 years. It is our family home, we moved here in 1986.

"It is only because my son died in 2012 that we have a spare room.

"The bedroom tax came about in 2013 so for the past two years I have been paying them – and I want my money back."

Julie, 55, from Newport, South Wales, said she asked to downsize but was told she could not be moved because it’s too expensive to adapt another place.

All the doors in her home have been widened and the toilet is downstairs, a renovation she fears would cost hundreds of thousands of pounds elsewhere.

"They would have to put all my son’s facilities in there," she said. "My son uses a ceiling hoist and a lift to get him upstairs to bed.

"So they have said we cannot move... But they are still charging us £12 a week. Which does not sound like a lot but it is a lot for me because we are on benefits.

"We are not the only ones in this situation. The whole thing is so unfair to people who are caring for disabled people.

"The spare room we have got has 10 boxes of incontinence pads in, and Royston’s clothes are in there, because the room he sleeps in is taken up with the bed and the lift he goes up in."

It’s also used to charge Royston’s electric wheelchair at night, she said.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/grieving-mum-forced-pay-bedroom-6052586

Didge and the like think that is unusual, it's not, it's practically the norm, thousands of stories like it from people who have very difficult lives through no fault of their own, who are bearing the brunt of the decisions of this iniquitous government.

On another note, the 1984speak is underway on BBC and Sky - cuts are now 'savings'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:16 pm

victorismyhero wrote:Didge the so called "Austerity has NOT affected the top 60% probably 70% to any appreciable degree...

Again you speculate Victor providing an opinion on numbers.

One of the fundemntal flaws within society is credit and how people are finanncially bad with this.

I do not deny some people are struggling, and its not their fault but in many cases people are poor with their money.

Again you cannot dispute the sales figures each year in correlation to the amount of people in debt.

People are clearly living beyond their means.

What gets me is you then have Sassy post an emotive story and this is the problem with some on the left as they failto reason or rationalize because they are clouded with emotions. Then the claim is made off a couple of examples as if that is the norm.
That is dishonesty at its best and not cllective evidence.
I am well aware when the systems fall down or do effect people but the majority of the problems in this country are caused by people themselves.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:14 pm

I cannot understand why some people cannot grasp a few simple facts. Prices have gone up wages and benefits have not. It's not a case of people being bad with their money it's a case of the same things costing more. For example more people will use the food banks in the next weeks because the kids are off and so are not being fed at school. That's how close to the edge some families are.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:43 pm

nicko wrote:We have a "food bank"   in our local Church,   a short time ago I saw a couple who Both work part time at Asda come out loaded down with groceries.  Some people will grab anything that's free.

As far as I know, you have to show proof of receipt of benefits nicko.
You can't just walk in and take stuff.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:48 pm

Nems wrote:I cannot understand why some people cannot grasp a few simple facts. Prices have gone up wages and benefits have not. It's not a case of people being bad with their money it's a case of the same things costing more. For example more people will use the food banks in the next weeks because the kids are off and so are not being fed at school. That's how close to the edge some families are.

Spot on.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:51 pm

Nems wrote:I cannot understand why some people cannot grasp a few simple facts. Prices have gone up wages and benefits have not. It's not a case of people being bad with their money it's a case of the same things costing more. For example more people will use the food banks in the next weeks because the kids are off and so are not being fed at school. That's how close to the edge some families are.

Then you are ignoring the facts Nems as many people are poor with their money and do not know how to organise their money.
Its no good taking something and only seeing a partial picture as you are doing and again people have to be responsible with their money even more so if they decide to have a family. Its time people understood it is their responsibility.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:57 pm

Julie Glover will not have to pay the £12 from next April. Her house has been reclassified as a two-bedroom house.

I think it's the tone I don't like. Nobody ever says they're thankful for the money they do get to pay rent, live on, and for all the alterations that are needed.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:00 pm

Cuchulain wrote:

Then you are ignoring the facts Nems as many people are poor with their money and do not know how to organise their money.
Its no good taking something and only seeing a partial picture as you are doing and again people have to be responsible with their money even more so if they decide to have a family. Its time people understood it is their responsibility.
it`s more a combination of both IMO

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:10 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

it`s more a combination of both IMO

I believe its a case of many factors more than just these two but I am of the strong opinion we need to start educating about finannces within school.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:43 pm

Some people spend all their money on nice things on credit and then don't leave enough of their money for food...

Others will see an opportunity of getting something for nothing and take it!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:53 pm

now has this "people are in debt" thing become the latest tory smokescreen behind which to hide the true horrors of THEIR austerity (but only for the less well of and unwaged)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:57 pm

Cuchulain wrote:

FYI
I am an authorised signatory for three local food banks. You are talking rubbish. If you can't understand the effect of a rising cost of living then you can't understand why people need food banks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:04 pm

Nems wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

FYI
I am an authorised signatory for three local food banks. You are talking rubbish. If you can't understand the effect of a rising cost of living then you can't understand why people need food banks.

So your counter is one of hearsay.
If you are telling me you do not know people who every month spend beyond their means then you are talking rubbish Nems.
If you cannot understand how now a culture has formed where people place material wealth above the need of necessity then you are living in a fantasy world, one born from denying the reality. I understand very well why people need foodbanks, because food is a necessity, but this is about how some humans place other things above necessity.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:09 pm

Nicko had an earlier example of two supermarket workers who were a couple using the food bank...

Both working, combined wage of probably somewhere around £600 a week... both only paying a small amount of that in tax...

What are they doing with their money where they have none left for food and need food bank!?

Doesn't add up!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:11 pm

FYI Nems, to make my point even more prudent for you to understand. Ask your 3 foodbanks to do a survey and see how many that come to the facility to collect food are smokers. Ask how many drink alcohol? How many have mobils, broadband, etc? If any of these people are doing both are they placing things of pleasure above what is necessary like food?
I would very much like to see the findings of this survey I propose to you just so I can show you that actually, I am right in how many grow up today placing things we do not need over things that are a necessity to our survival.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:12 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Nems wrote:

FYI

If you are telling me you do not know people who every month spend beyond their means then you are talking rubbish Nems.
If you cannot understand how now a culture has formed where people place material wealth above the need of necessity then you are living in a fantasy world, one born from denying the reality. I understand very well why people need foodbanks, because food is a necessity, but this is about how some humans place other things above necessity.

Food banks in England in 2015 is a bloody disgrace. You are wrong in your assertion that people just can't manage their money. For the overwhelming majority it is no fault of theirs. Hearsay? They don't just hand them out you know. How very small minded to blame the victims of the swingeing cuts. I'm not going to argue with you because you are incapable of processing the views of others. Just know on this issue, you are not an authority.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:15 pm

Isn't it funny, nems has actual dealings with food banks and has knowledge of them on a daily basis, yet didge seems to know more?

Now why isn't that a shocker...? geek
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:15 pm

Nems wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Food banks in England in 2015 is a bloody disgrace. You are wrong in your assertion that people just can't manage their money. For the overwhelming majority it is no fault of theirs. Hearsay? They don't just hand them out you know. How very small minded to blame the victims of the swingeing cuts. I'm not going to argue with you because you are incapable of processing the views of others. Just know on this issue, you are not an authority.

I am a realist Nems, I see people all the time daily through work and my sociel life spend beyond their means, from those poor to middle class. If you deny this then you do not know many people at all. We should always help people who need help, but we should also teach people to be responsible, where in reality many people are not and if you claim otherwise then youi are one big fat liar.

To help prove my point again:

Nems, to make my point even more prudent for you to understand. Ask your 3 foodbanks to do a survey and see how many that come to the facility to collect food are smokers. Ask how many drink alcohol? How many have mobils, broadband, etc? If any of these people are doing both are they placing things of pleasure above what is necessary like food?
I would very much like to see the findings of this survey I propose to you just so I can show you that actually, I am right in how many grow up today placing things we do not need over things that are a necessity to our survival.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:17 pm

eddie wrote:Isn't it funny, nems has actual dealings  with food banks and has knowledge of them on a daily basis, yet didge seems to know more?

Why is it you cannot actually debate the points but now post about posters and not the points.
Your counter is based on belief, you believe one over the other not based on facts but hearsay.

Need I say any more about how badly some are biased in debates and cannot form an opinion themselves

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:19 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
eddie wrote:Isn't it funny, nems has actual dealings  with food banks and has knowledge of them on a daily basis, yet didge seems to know more?

Why is it you cannot actually debate the points but now post about posters and not the points.
Your counter is based on belief, you believe one over the other not based on facts but hearsay.

Need I say any more about how badly some are biased in debates and cannot form an opinion themselves

No, you need not say anymore. You've over-said it enough.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:20 pm

Cuchulain wrote:FYI Nems, to make my point even more prudent for you to understand. Ask your 3 foodbanks to do a survey and see how many that come to the facility to collect food are smokers. Ask how many drink alcohol? How many have mobils, broadband, etc? If any of these people are doing both are they placing things of pleasure above what is necessary like food?

Yeah didge (and here we will fall out I know) you are very much in favour of stripping the less fortunate and especially the unwaged parasites that tory policy creates, of all the minor trappings of society and small "comforts"

I know the Tories dream of an elite ONLY society that has internet, easy communications, television  drinks and smokes...(oh and decent transport links and decent housing)
presumably they should not have washing machines, but take their bedding to the local river in which the toffs piss to wash it. And dress their kids as befits a peasant, in some tory toffs cast off rags?

I assume their kids should only get "last years" cast of presents from the toffs for christmas and birthdays, thus ensuring that their betters at school shall know them and bully them suitably?????

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:22 pm

I know lol
I was getting annoyed before but then realised its pointless.
I deal in reality, didge relies on his own view of how things are.
He is never wrong and incapable of learning from real examples
So it's pointless really.

You know and I know their are families in poverty in this country.
No amount of didgisms will change the fact that kids are going to bed hungry tonight.

I think that is a disgrace.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:22 pm

victorismyhero wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:FYI Nems, to make my point even more prudent for you to understand. Ask your 3 foodbanks to do a survey and see how many that come to the facility to collect food are smokers. Ask how many drink alcohol? How many have mobils, broadband, etc? If any of these people are doing both are they placing things of pleasure above what is necessary like food?

Yeah didge (and here we will fall out I know) you are very much in favour of stripping the less fortunate and especially the unwaged parasites that tory policy creates, of all the minor trappings of society and small "comforts"

I know the Tories dream of an elite ONLY society that has internet, easy communications, television  drinks and smokes...(oh and decent transport links and decent housing)
presumably they should not have washing machines, but take their bedding to the local river in which the toffs piss to wash it. And dress their kids as befits a peasant, in some tory toffs cast off rags?

I assume their kids should only get "last years" cast of presents from the toffs for christmas and birthdays, thus ensuring that their betters at school shall know them and bully them suitably?????

"Toffs piss" lol!

Not many people can see both sides of a financial coin these days. It makes some too sympathetic and others, not sympathetic enough.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:24 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Nicko had an earlier example of two supermarket workers who were a couple using the food bank...

Both working, combined wage of probably somewhere around £600 a week... both only paying a small amount of that in tax...

What are they doing with their money where they have none left for food and need food bank!?

Doesn't add up!!!

Well...!?

Question too hard to answer...???
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:25 pm

eddie wrote:
victorismyhero wrote:

"Toffs piss" lol!

Not many people can see both sides of a financial coin these days. It makes some too sympathetic and others, not sympathetic enough.

I am very sympathetic to people in real poverty, though I think to class people in poverty here in the UK when we see real poverty around the world is wrong to class the same. I am all for helping people but help must first come from within that people learn to be responsible. Now is that too much to ask Eddie?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:26 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:Nicko had an earlier example of two supermarket workers who were a couple using the food bank...

Doesn't add up!!!

Well...!?

Firstly, you have no idea of their personal circumstances
Secondly, you have to provide proof of benefit before receiving food from a food bank.....so perhaps nicko is mistaken?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:29 pm

Nems wrote:

I know lol
I was getting annoyed before but then realised its pointless.
I deal in reality, didge relies on his own view of how things are.
He is never wrong and incapable of learning from real examples
So it's pointless really.

You know and I know their are families in poverty in this country.
No amount of didgisms will change the fact that kids are going to bed hungry tonight.

I think that is a disgrace.

You miss the points made because you do not want to recognise many people create their own problems.
You wish to excuse that, where i still want to help people and even more that they learn to look after their money in education at school.
The biggest joke here is to even class this as poverty, as real poverty is what we in places like Africa. We have running water, sannitation, so many facilities and it bugs me we have the balls to claim the same in regards to poverty in the UK. We have people less well off, not poverty and I am all for helping them with aid, but that help starts in schools.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:31 pm

eddie wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Well...!?

Secondly, you have to provide proof of benefit before receiving food from a food bank.....so perhaps nicko is mistaken?

You want proof Eddie?

Okay be honest, how many of your friends spend on items they do not need?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:34 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
eddie wrote:

You want proof Eddie?

What on earth has that got to with people using food banks? You are a piece of work!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:34 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
eddie wrote:

You want proof Eddie?

define need...

in terms of the UK...not somewhere out the back of beyond in that benighted continent africa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:36 pm

Nems wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

You want proof Eddie?

What on earth has that got to with people using food banks? You are a piece of work!

It has plenty to do with why some use them

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:38 pm

victorismyhero wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

You want proof Eddie?

define need...

in terms of the UK...not somewhere out the back of beyond in that benighted continent africa

Well in order to survive we need to eat.
Food is a priority is it not and should come first.
So does new shoes come before food?
A new phone?
Watching the TV?
Smoking?
Drinking Alcohol?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:39 pm

eddie wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Well...!?

Nicko sounded quite sure they were both working...

People should not be allowed to claim poverty when spending all their money paying back credit for nice things they have bought!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next