NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

London protesters 'chase UKIP leader Farage out of pub'

2 posters

Go down

London protesters 'chase UKIP leader Farage out of pub' Empty London protesters 'chase UKIP leader Farage out of pub'

Post by Guest Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:10 pm

Anti-UKIP protesters have invaded a pub in south London where party leader Nigel Farage was having lunch.
Mr Farage was in the Queen's Head in Downe with his wife and two younger children at the time.
Demonstrators first went to the George & Dragon, believing it to be Mr Farage's local, before they found him.
They said they chased the family out of the pub and jumped on the politician's car bonnet as he drove away. Mr Farage later branded them "scum".
Mr Farage, who is standing in Kent's Thanet South constituency in May's general election, said: "I hope these 'demonstrators' are proud of themselves. My children were so scared by their behaviour that they ran away to hide.
"... A relative has gone to look for them, and they are not yet at home. These people are scum."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-32009961

Everyone has a right and entitlement to a private life and no matter that Farage is an idiot, this intimidation of Farage and his family at dinner, is disgusting.
He was out having a family dinner for goodness sake.
What bunch of idiots showing complete intolerance.
They should be ashamed of themselves

Back to top Go down

London protesters 'chase UKIP leader Farage out of pub' Empty Re: London protesters 'chase UKIP leader Farage out of pub'

Post by Guest Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:43 pm

shows just how low the left will stoop when threatened really.....

Back to top Go down

London protesters 'chase UKIP leader Farage out of pub' Empty Re: London protesters 'chase UKIP leader Farage out of pub'

Post by Guest Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:44 pm

tolerance in the left only goes so far as tolerance for their ideals.....and absolutely nothing more...

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:36 pm

Seems a horrible thing to do when someone is with their children.

And they say the EDL are bad.
They're all as bad as eachother.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:14 am

London protesters 'chase UKIP leader Farage out of pub' CAuYJKZWYAEMPEs

The 'facists' outside the pub, from photos of someone who was there.

A holocaust survivor and one of the 'facists'

London protesters 'chase UKIP leader Farage out of pub' CAuQtmTW8AE6-Ff

The mass bashing of a Bigotry Pinata in the pub
London protesters 'chase UKIP leader Farage out of pub' CAuFJwlWEAEo7Y-

The beyond UKIP Cabaret that was being held
London protesters 'chase UKIP leader Farage out of pub' CAus01hWoAAcnbN

Diverse Beyond UKIP cabaret included trade unionists, Roma, disabled, and antifracking activists. All In, Nobody Out

According to witnesses, his wife was there, his children weren't.   I know who I believe.   And the Diversity revellers had their kids there, as seen from the third picture.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:51 am

Anti-Ukip protesters deny scaring Nigel Farage's children

A group of anti-Ukip protesters who invaded a pub where Nigel Farage was reportedly having lunch, forcing him to flee, have denied that he was with his children.

Protest organiser Dan Glass said: "He was sitting on his own and left on his own. We didn't see any kids".

Mr Farage called the demonstrators 'scum' after he said they scared his two young children and forced them to run away and hide. The children are now understood to have been found and returned home.

London protesters 'chase UKIP leader Farage out of pub' Stream_img
Anti-Ukip protesters in fancy dress waiting outside the pub for Nigel Farage to arrive. Credit: Mike Kear

Nigel Farage was pictured by protesters going to the pub and he appeared to be on his own. Credit: Levi Hinds

Protesters took pictures of Nigel Farage inside the pub before he was chased out. Credit: Mike Kear

More at: http://www.itv.com/news/update/2015-03-22/anti-ukip-protesters-deny-scaring-nigel-farages-children/

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:53 am

Hmmmm. If he's telling big fat porkies he's a very silly man.

Would like to know the truth about this actually.
Cannot abide liars.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:56 am

He had rather a bad week. Deflection was in order I think.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:56 am

If I was Farage, or any MP actually, and that happened to me, as long as I was alone and not in any danger, Id stand my ground and talk to the protesters - ie put my point across.

Running away looks silly, but that's what they all do when confronted.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:50 pm

“I cannot even stand to look at you,” said Rep. Pete Sessions (R-Texas), the chairman of the House Rules Committee, to President Obama.

LW does not have a monopoly on incivility.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:54 pm

Farage fracas: my day with the anti-Ukip cabaret he called 'scum'

Anti-fracking poets, Lebanese dancers and a gay Welsh donkey were just some of the acts who conga-ed into Nigel Farage’s local in Kent this weekend – and ended up making headlines. Stuart Jeffries reveals what really happened

London protesters 'chase UKIP leader Farage out of pub' 1b03101d-7a00-4326-bb11-29245389032d-1020x680
Beyond Ukip Cabaret at the George & Dragon pub in Downe, Kent. Photograph: Antonio Zazueta Olmos for the Guardian

Stuart Jeffries

Monday 23 March 2015 16.22 GMT

The man who, in 2008, superglued himself to Gordon Brown in protest at the planned expansion of Heathrow is trying to get people’s attention. “We need volunteers to be Charlie the gay donkey,” says Dan Glass. “Front and rear.” It’s 10.30 on Sunday morning in the Richmal Crompton, a Wetherspoon’s pub opposite Bromley South railway station. About 70 people are gathering here before heading off to Nigel Farage’s local pub in Kent – to stage a Beyond Ukip cabaret.

Glass wants people he believes Ukip targets to “get together to showcase the beauty and diversity of our global community”. He’s invited migrants, breastfeeding mothers, Muslims, NHS workers, anti-fracking environmentalists, disabled people, people from lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered, transsexual, intersex and asexual communities, and people living with HIV to take part. He also invited Holocaust survivor Ruth Barnett, author of the recent book Jews and Gypsies, who came to Britain on the Kinderstransport aged four, to speak at the cabaret.

Barnett’s appearance underlines the serious point behind Glass’s pranking political protest. “As the descendant of four grandparents who are Holocaust survivors,” he says. “I’m concerned about what Ukip does – it ‘others’ people. The Holocaust narrative is about how oppression and fascism creeps up by targeting and blaming communities.”

London protesters 'chase UKIP leader Farage out of pub' A630307c-f567-4a33-b237-269fac26b019-400x600
Beyond Ukip Cabaret. Photograph: Antonio Zazueta Olmos for the Guardian

He hands out flyers that state the day’s agenda: “They think we will run and hide and be sad and depressed but we celebrate our diversity. We will take our diversity to the heart of where Farage exists to show him he has nothing to be scared about. We will not succumb to their prejudice. We will create the world we want to live in. A world beyond Ukip.”

Some suggest that it’s not only Farage’s local that should experience the beauty of multicultural diversity, and Glass agrees, saying that if today is successful, they should repeat the cabaret near the prime minister’s home. “Where’s Cameron’s local pub?” he asks.

“Chipping Norton.”

“Right, we’re going there.”

And the gay donkey? A Ukip candidate in Merthyr Tydfil last December made a bizarre speech claiming that a gay donkey had tried to rape his horse. Haven’t gay Welsh donkeys suffered enough, you might ask, without having their sexuality lazily associated with sexual violence? Absolutely – and that’s why, no doubt, so many hands shoot up in response to Glass’s call for volunteers to play the donkey’s rear end.

Minutes later, we’re on two coaches heading towards Downe, the Kent village once famous as the home of Charles Darwin and now better known as Farage’s stamping ground. What my Guardian colleague Hugh Muir calls “hideously diverse Britain” is on a day trip to a mostly monocultural corner of England. There’s a man in a banana suit (Why are you wearing a banana suit? “Because Dan asked me to.”) and two men dressed in tweed caps and wellies, representing a new group called Farmers against Fascism. There’s a performance poet, an anti-Ukip standup and quite a few young men in shorts looking forward to singing It’s Raining Men at the cabaret’s denouement.

As we drive through bucolic Kent, some on the coach tweet their support of the cabaret to #UKIPcon, while disabled rights activist John McArdle, co-founder of the Black Triangle Campaign, explains to me the plight of hunger strikers in detention centres. It’s part school trip, part fancy dress party, part political rally.

Dan has booked the function room at Farage’s local, the George and Dragon, for the cabaret, but told the landlord that the reservation is for a birthday party. The room proves far too small for the cabaret, not to mention the allied events: the Polish, Italian and Portuguese language classes, an HIV anti-stigma class, and a Gender Fluidity Fun workshop. Jamie Newman, the landlord, tells Dan that the room was booked for 30, and Dan admits that there are many more. Newman remains impressively sanguine throughout the next few hours of what is evidently not a birthday party, even when a police officer calls to ask if there is any trouble. Which, so far, there isn’t.

While the cabaret sets up, I join the UK Citizenship Quiz in the bar. Some gentlemen are watching Liverpool-Man U on a laptop. “One nil to Man U, Juan Mata’s on fire,” one of them confides to me. Excellent, but I wonder how many of the locals here could pass the citizenship test? Who was the first archbishop of Canterbury? What was the population of Britain in 2010? Name two Roman forts on Hadrian’s Wall?

Back in the function room, Zee Ahmed takes the stage and asks the audience for a little quiet so he can sing an Islamic prayer and a few suras. It’s a rather beautiful few moments, after which Dan takes the mic. “Let’s give it up for the breastfeeding mamas!” he says pointing at a row of activists. Some are women with real babies, some women with plastic breasts and plastic babies, and at least one a man. All are protesting against Farage, who last December backed the decision of Claridge’s hotel to ask a breastfeeding woman to cover up, saying that mothers should “perhaps sit in the corner” when they breastfeed. They’re all sitting beneath a framed portrait of Charles Darwin, that lavishly bearded Victorian paterfamilias, who seems to be eyeing their cleavages during the rest of the cabaret.

London protesters 'chase UKIP leader Farage out of pub' 02f8e5a4-ae6c-40e1-8588-ec934b3abb5a-620x413
The gay donkey

The gay donkey wends its way between cabaret artistes and their supporters in this crammed space, receiving affectionate pats and tickles. There is nearly an unpleasant incident with a spilled pint. I’m no homophobe, but that animal should have been confined to the beer garden. A spokesman for Britain’s Roma community makes a heartfelt, moving speech: “Our children are in segregated schools,” he says, welling up with tears. “They make our children stupid.”

Next, Zita Holbourne, a member of Black Activists Rising Against the Cuts (Barac), recites a poem.

“Multiculturalism cannot fail to succeed

It’s not in the gift of a politician to proceed

With its termination

It’s not your creation

It’s in our blood and in our bones

You can’t create multicultural free zones

It’s on our airwaves and in our streets.”

In the public bar, I attend the HIV anti-stigma class, run by a Spanish man wearing a bunny costume with huge floppy white ears. One participant claims that those with HIV are more healthy than those who are HIV negative because they have more frequent health checks.

Back in the function room, Dan announces that there is a huge cake lovingly baked for the cabaret by a group of HIV-positive Nigerian women, but by the time I get past the crowds of activists joining in the Dabke dancing display by Palestinian and Lebanese women, it’s been cut up and devoured.

Then there are a few difficult moments when I accept Dan’s injunction to participants to introduce themselves to a stranger. Andrew Boyd, an American who describes himself as wrangler-in-chief for Beautiful Trouble, an international network of artist-activist trainers who aim at making grassroots movements more creative and more effective, tells me movingly about his Jewish and Romanian heritage, while I struggle to find anything good about being straight, white and British. “But you have to do better,” he says. “You have to come up with a better notion of patriotism – recapture the flag, as we put it in the States, from the bigots. Maybe events like this can help.”

Many of the activists are deeply moved by the event. “It feels like an occasion of pure love,” says one man, grabbing the mic. All these people coming together, saying to Nigel Farage, ‘Why don’t you like us?’”

Soon afterwards, a rumour spreads through the room. Farage is in the Queen’s Head across the street. The activists are divided. Some want to stay and finish singing along to anti-fracking campaigner Pamela Mudge-Wood’s version of I Vow to Thee My Country (“I vow to thee, my countryside / My aquifers and lakes / To withstand against the frack machines / Earth’s life-blood is at stake” goes the stirring chorus Pam presents to us in handouts). Others are worried about leaving the function room in such a mess. But the largest contingent wants to go over to the Queen’s Head to confront their nemesis.

And so, soon afterwards, a conga line featuring an extraordinary array of different sexualities, ethnicities and outfits sashays across the street in the spring sunshine with a PA machine playing Sister Sledge’s We Are Family. What was pub cabaret has become street theatre. Before I can join the activists who rush into the Queen’s Head, Farage, looking angry and pin-striped, walks quickly from the pub into a waiting car driven, reportedly, by his wife.

London protesters 'chase UKIP leader Farage out of pub' 3d37d1f3-f5e6-4be0-afa7-9c4281644440-620x413
Protesters try to block Nigel Farage’s car from leaving. Photograph: Antonio Zazueta Olmos

The event, which up to this moment had been good-humoured and non-threatening, becomes, just for a moment, something else. Two or three activists bounce on the bonnet of the car. Others surround it, shouting teasingly at Farage. As the car pulls away, I worry that one of the activists will fall under the wheels. “What a coward!” says one woman. “He wouldn’t even stay to argue with us!”

What happened inside the Queen’s Head, I ask one of the breastfeeding mothers moments later. “He got an eyeful of our boobs and then got embarrassed,” says Becky, holding her 16-month-old daughter Iris. Mike Kear, a freelance photographer who took pictures of Farage in the Queen’s Head, said he felt very threatened by the aggressiveness of Farage and his aides. “He kept saying, ‘Where are you from?’ So I said, ‘Where are you from?’”

Later that afternoon, some of the activists meet back at the Richmal Crompton for a debriefing. By then, though, Ukip has spun the story in a way they couldn’t anticipate. Farage has castigated the activists as “scum” who have driven him from a quiet family lunch and led to him losing touch with his children for a few fraught moments. Sky News, the Guardian, the Mirror and ITV have gone with the “scum” story. Message boards on mainstream media sites (the Mail Online, for example), seethe with middle England raging against counter-cultural protesters. Suddenly Farage looks like the victim, and the activists – whose cabaret was aimed at drawing attention to how they feel victimised by Ukip’s attacks on their communities – look like aggressors.

Next, I start receiving hostile texts from activists: the story in the Guardian is presumed to have been written by me, the only journalist on the scene. It wasn’t. “Back-stabbing Red Tory rag,” comes one text. “Get tae fuck,” comes another. When I text back that I wasn’t the author, I get some apologies. “My love for fellow disabled people and all of us under the jackboot of austerity is so strong I won’t tolerate falsehood or defamation of our community,” says one.

Fair enough. But looking back on the day two things strike me. One is Farage’s use of the word “scum”, which recalls French president Nicolas Sarkozy’s similarly vile hate speech in describing Parisian rioters as “canailles”. The people I spent the day with aren’t scum; rather, they represent what I want my country to be in 2015 – diverse, creative, spirited, cheerful, understanding. But there is a countervailing point to be made. Bouncing on politicians’ bonnets and thereby managing to make them appear as victims? Not just wrong, but tactically jejune. “From what I can tell we pretty decisively lost the ‘battle of the story’ in the media,” Andrew Boyd emails me on Monday morning.

He’s right, and there is a lesson in that. Before Glass and the rest of his diverse cabaret descend (and let’s hope they will) on David Cameron’s local, they should think through what was good and bad about that strange and – but for 90 seconds – lovely Sunday in Kent, not least so they don’t get outmanoeuvred again.

http://www.theguardian.com/stage/2015/mar/23/beyond-ukip-cabaret-nigel-farage?CMP=share_btn_tw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:56 pm

The controversial protest that forced Nigel Farage and his family to flee a Kent pub appears to have backfired, as politicians and commentators who oppose Ukip line up to condemn the behaviour of the demonstrators.
Farage called the protesters "scum" after he, his wife Kirsten Mehr and their two children, aged 15 and 10, fled Sunday lunch yesterday.
London protesters 'chase UKIP leader Farage out of pub' O-UKIP-570
Demonstrators surrounding Farage's car as he leaves the pub
Though the protesters said they hadn't seen any children and claimed the Ukip leader was "manipulating" events, Nick Clegg - whose anti-Farage credentials are pretty strong - tweeted those opposing Ukip should "leave his wife and kids out of it".
I disagree with Nigel Farage too but leave his wife and kids out of it. Intimidating a politician's family is never acceptable.
— Nick Clegg (@nick_clegg) March 23, 2015

Other commentators who professed little or no agreement on Ukip's positions were not impressed with the demonstrators, saying they should be "ashamed" of themselves and calling them "morons" for bringing "near universal sympathy" for Farage.
Appalling behaviour by protestors against Farage's family. They should be ashamed of themselves http://t.co/VZLhq8BhJN
— Ian Dunt (@IanDunt) March 22, 2015

Hearty congratulations to the uncivilised morons who have managed to generate near universal sympathy for Nigel Farage
— Kevin Hague (@kevverage) March 23, 2015

Very rarely agree with Nigel Farage. But when he calls people who harassed him and his family "scum" he's correct.
— Dan Hodges (@DPJHodges) March 22, 2015

This Farage story stinks. No matter how hateful the father, if you terrorise his children you lose every single argument every single time.
— James O'Brien (@mrjamesob) March 22, 2015

I'm no particular fan of Farage but what kind of "breastfeeding mother" goes out to scare other people's kids?! #Democracy #FreedomOfSpeech
— Kirstie Mary Allsopp (@KirstieMAllsopp) March 22, 2015

James Kirkup, The Telegraph's Executive Editor for Politics, said he disagreed with Ukip's stances but said "abusing" Farage in front of his family was "wholly beyond the pale".
"I know Mr Farage and his party hold some views that some (many?) people find repellent. I make no secret of my strong disagreement with Ukip on several of its central arguments, especially immigration," he wrote.
"But believing someone is wrong is no excuse for abusing them, verbally, physically or otherwise. And doing so in the presence of their family is wholly beyond the pale."
Kirkup's Telegraph colleague Tim Stanley, who said he was not a Ukip supporter, wrote: "Giving some rationale for the group’s actions, a protest organiser said: 'We will not succumb to [Farage’s] prejudice. We will create the world we want to live in. A world beyond Ukip.'
"Whether or not the rest of us would want to live in that world is another question. The idea that because X subjectively judges Y to be oppressive means that X has a right to silence Y is, ironically, a very oppressive point of view."
A Twitter account called @Dan_Glass appeared, purporting to belong to one of the protest organisers.
It began receiving a torrent of criticism, being told the protest had "backfired" and prominent blogger and publisher Iain Dale called him a "fascist prick".
@chunkymark @Dan__Glass as much as @Nigel_Farage is reprehensible this action was out of order. #backfire
— david mands (@davidmands) March 22, 2015

@Dan__Glass You're a fascist prick. The Guardian should be ashamed to be associated with you.
— Iain Dale (@IainDale) March 22, 2015

The fact that the account was set up after the protest and its first tweet was: "Great bantz ruining UKIP Leader @Nigel_Farage's fascist lunch break. He ran and we cheered. Lulz," suggested it was a fake.
@Sheaner47 be silent and grateful I do not unleash my martial art expertise onto you. I am a judo blue belt and have every Bruce Lee film
— Dan Glass (@Dan__Glass) March 23, 2015

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/03/23/nigel-farage-pub-nick-clegg_n_6922638.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:01 pm

Notice how the antisemite is attempting to defend intolerant people again making her on a par with Farage and UKIP. You do not tackle intolerance by being intolerant.
Like I say the far left are as appalling as the far right with their hate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:02 pm

The great unwashed at it again didge....

I wouldnt mind betting a number of those faces would be seen at hunt sabs violent protests

where they would deny beating a huntmaster with iron bars on a chain..(nunchakas)

EVEN THOUGH IT WAS A DRAG HUNT.......and NOT a "fox hunt"

they are of the same moronic turn of mind, these kind of tree hugger shmucks want to have even those "drag" or "line " hunts banned....

they are nothing but idle layabouts with nothing better to do...

the picture of them round the car speaks of their gross intimidation....

the fact that apprantly one "mother2 was breast feeding her kid SAT ON THE BONNET shows how little regard they have for peoples property....

THESE are the sort I at lest partially had in mind when I agreed with the "back door" thing in the thread about those gated estates...the sort that would key your nice smart car out of vindictive jealousy....

No Respect for them.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:51 pm

As many of them were disabled, they wouldn't got near a hunt in case they were attacked. And none of them belong to Sabs, they are too busy trying to sort out other things. Good for them for protesting, You don't change anything unless you do and there are so many things that need changing.

You really are getting obsessed with fox hunting and guns.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:42 pm

risingsun wrote:As many of them were disabled, they wouldn't got near a hunt in case they were attacked.

I think you will find its the sabs that do the attacking.....  And none of them belong to Sabs, they are too busy trying to sort out other things.   Good for them for protesting,  

including intimidation....yep thats good....and democratic
presumably property damage as well....I mean you donr sit on the bonnet of someones car and NOT damage it do you....

You don't change anything unless you do and there are so many things that need changing.

You really are getting obsessed with fox hunting

how many times do I have to repeat myself...the hunts I am talking about are NOT fox hunts Rolling Eyes strewth talk about the left buying into goebbels..."repeat it often enough and it will be true" Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

and guns.
nope...just pissed with the "anti's " who have nothing better to do than go around spoiling other folks enjoyment....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:51 pm

Sorry Vic, but bollocks is it sabs that do most of the attacking, there are thousands of youtube videos of huntsmen attacking sabs and anyone else that gets in their way.
London protesters 'chase UKIP leader Farage out of pub' Screen_Shot_2015-02-02_at_21.32.07.resized

No charges have been brought against huntsman Mark Doggrell for riding down and seriously injuring a hunt saboteur in August last year. The attack happened during an evening cubbing meet of the Blackmore and Sparkford Vale Hunt. This was also a pony club meet, where the hunt take out youngsters aged from 7 to 14.

Dorset sabs were keen to intervene on this particular meet to prevent children from witnessing some of the most disturbing scenes when young hounds can be seen tearing fox cubs to pieces as they are trained and selected (the young hounds who show no interest in killing are disposed of). It's believed by many people that this bloody indoctrination is something the hunts are very keen on, to keep hunting going for generations to come.

Two members of Dorset hunt saboteurs were watching the hunt when Doggrell rode at them from behind, throwing the female saboteur up in the air with the force of the blow. An ambulance was immediately called but was delayed from reaching the casualty by the hunt blocking the road. An air ambulance also attended the scene. The injured saboteur was taken to hospital suffering from seven broken ribs, a collapsed lung and trauma to her shoulder. She remained in hospital for two weeks. The hunt then callously carried on hunting before returning to their kennels for a BBQ.

Mark Doggrell was arrested and investigated for causing grevious bodily harm but now, 5 months later, the CPS have decided not to bring any charges, citing insufficient evidence. Whilst on bail for this attack he was also charged with assault for breaking a fellow hunters nose at their hunt ball.

London protesters 'chase UKIP leader Farage out of pub' Thumb_Screen_Shot_2015-02-02_at_21.27.34.resized
X-Ray of Saboteur's injuries
Lee Moon, spokesperson for the Hunt saboteurs Association, stated: "We are disappointed, but not surprised, that no charges have been brought against Mark Doggrell. Historically the police and criminal justice system have allowed acts of violence on hunt saboteurs to go unpunished whilst the saboteurs themselves are prosecuted seemingly at the whim of the hunts.

Two hunt saboteurs, Mike Hill and Tom Worby, have been killed by hunts and another, Steve Christmas, was seriously injured and spent months in hospital. None of these cases ever came to trial. Hunt saboteurs are routinely arrested and charged with a variety of offenses where no evidence is available other than the word of pro-hunters.

We would like to know why this hunt specifically, and the hunting fraternity as a whole, don't speak out against such acts of violence and we'd also like to know why hasn't Mark Doggrell been sacked? Please contact the CPS and ask them to justify their decision so that we can finally see a measure of justice being dished out to the violent hunters."

Please contact the CPS and the Attorney General as a matter of urgency and tell them you think the decision not to press charges needs to be reviewed.
http://www.huntsabs.org.uk/index.php/news/press-releases/556-blackmore-sparkford-vale-huntsman-deliberately-rides-over-saboteur-with-his-horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:52 pm

PS Don't tell me Hunts only do drags now, because dead fox remains are found over and over again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:57 pm

A decade on from the ban, fox hunting is still thriving

19 November, 2014

If we send the message that police and politicians can turn a blind eye to illegal behaviour simply because they don't like the law, the entire justice system is undermined

Good Society
Ruby StockhamRuby Stockham
19 November, 2014 Tweet Share

If we send the message that police and politicians can turn a blind eye to illegal behaviour simply because they don't like the law, the entire justice system is undermined.
fox

If we send the message that police and politicians can turn a blind eye to illegal behaviour simply because they don’t like the law, the entire justice system is undermined

Ten years ago, on 18 November 2004, the Hunting Act was passed, banning hunting with dogs in England and Wales. It became law three months later, and marked the culmination of years of campaigning by activists and animal rights groups.

But hunting has not been stopped. Even before the Act was passed, 50,000 people signed a petition stating that they would be willing to break the law in order to continue with the sport.

The strength of feeling was remarkable; especially memorable was the philosopher Roger Scruton’s comparison of the pro-hunt campaign with the civil rights movement in America:

“By cancelling our viewpoint and our demands, and regarding us as a sub-human species, they are regarding us in the way that American blacks were regarded at the time of the civil rights movement”.

What is interesting about this statement is that it perfectly encapsulates the way that many hunters view what most people would view as a hobby as a human right. The Countryside Alliance continues to use this notion in its campaign for repeal which has the tagline ‘fight Prejudice, fight the ban.’

But is it really prejudiced to oppose fox hunting simply because a minority of people support it? A poll conducted last year by Ipsos Mori showed that eight out of 10 people were in favour of sustaining the ban. The poll also found no real difference between urban and rural opinions, which may seem to refute claims that the ban would sound the death knell for the rural economy.

Of course it is prejudiced to deny rights to a minority, but, it is not a basic human right to kill. Similarly, we do not usually tend to define minorities by their hobbies.

Regardless of what you think about the hunting ban, the more pertinent point is that a decade on, the law is not being properly enforced, and this is an affront to the integrity of the legal system. Not only that, Tory support for – and in some cases, participation in – hunting shows a flagrant disregard for public opinion.

In the 2010 Coalition Agreement, David Cameron promised MPs a free vote on overturning the ban, but ultimately conceded that they had little chance of repealing it. Most Tory MPs support a repeal of the ban but Labour and the Liberal Democrats want to keep it, meaning that a Commons vote would most likely reaffirm the ban.

But last Boxing Day, several Tory MPs took part in traditional hunts in their constituencies. Most of the hunts managed to stay within the law because they were chasing a scent and not an animal, a form of the sport known as drag hunting, but there could hardly be a better way for the Tories to harpoon themselves with the working public.

The ban is routinely ignored – but by people who can afford expensive horses and guns and all the pomp and ceremony of the chase. What does this say about equality?

There have been 340 successful prosecutions in the past decade, but this does not reflect the amount of hunting that still goes on. Furthermore, the punishments handed down are much more lenient than for other forms of animal cruelty.

The Hunt Saboteur Association is an organisation that stages non-violent protests on hunting grounds. Participants use video recordings to try to take more breaches of the law to prosecution.

However, the activists are just as likely to be prosecuted as the hunters. On 25 October, a hunt in Surrey was interrupted by saboteurs trying to end the misery of a deer that was being savaged by dogs. When the police showed up, four of the saboteurs were arrested. Lee Moon, the organisation’s spokesperson, said that ‘the police were happy to act as private security’ for the hunters.

The prosecution cases that have happened highlight exactly what the public’s problem is with hunting. In 2013 four members of the Middleton Hunt were arrested, and video footage from the League Against Cruel Sports showed one of the huntsmen handing over the fox to the dogs so they could ‘rag it’ – tear it to bits. Is there really a place for this in British society?

In 2010, a terriersman for the Ullswater Foxhounds was filmed beating a fox to death with a stick – he was fined £250 and ordered to pay £900 in costs. There would have been public outcry if this was a domestic animal – the fine is the same amount as the one ordered from Mary Bale, who infamously put a cat in a bin in 2010.

If this ban which has infuriated so many people is going to remain in place, then it has to be upheld. Those who break it have to be properly prosecuted, and given sentences that will deter others. If we send the message that police and politicians can turn a blind eye to illegal behaviour just because they don’t like the law, then the entire justice system is undermined.

http://leftfootforward.org/2014/11/a-decade-on-from-the-ban-fox-hunting-is-still-thriving/

According to their survey which was released on Boxing Day, exactly the same percentage of rural inhabitants – 80% – are against fox hunting as urban inhabitants – also 80%. And slightly more people who live in the country (89% and 94%) are against hare coursing and badger baiting than townies (87% and 92%).2 Jan 2014
Latest survey – 80% of rural Britain against fox hunting ...
https://tompride.wordpress.com/.../latest-survey-80-of-rural-britain-against-...

So it's not a 'Townie' thing either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:00 pm

Yeah yeah ...saw that ...and you dont think thats been "touched up/edited

you dont think perhaps the were deliberately in harms way?

what happens when yuo start yelling and blowing horns round horses??

have you noticed how the access to the gate was restricted by the presence of a sabs vehicle ...leaving the horse with nowhere to go

does it not occur to you that those people were commiting criminal trespass

have you actually looked at it carefully and seen that the idiot left standing actually PUSHED the one who was hit INTO the path of the horse?

as for not staopping, given what happened to the hunt master a bit back vis the iron bars....would YOU have stopped...given that there were plenty of other people present...

as for "kicking on"
have you ever ridden Sassy...I mean REALLY ridden...that doesnt look like "kicking on " to me...looks more like attempting to regain control of a panicked horse

finally we have the BIG lie on this story ...thet the hunt tried to prevent the air ambulance staff from attending

the great unwashed whos armoury includes lies and violence....and cowardly creeping to the headmaster crying foul when it all goes bad...

I really feel sorry for the lass...BUT stand where it is obvious 3/4 tonne of galloping horse meat is going to want to be...and what do you expect????

Finally of course they had neither the right OR the cause to be there....

this again was a "line hunt"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:04 pm

Oh Victor, I'm ashamed for you that you wrote that.  So anything you don't like is 'touched up' but anything you say isn't?   And the records of the injuries are at the hospital.   I've seen huntsmen lash out with their crops, I've seen huntsmen ride people down, I seen them use their landrovers to smash up sabs cars, I've seen them use their horses to push people into bramble filled ditches, I've seen then rant and rave and abuse and be very very violent, because they think it is their right to have animals, foxes, stags and deer, ripped to bits.   They are revolting, and thankfully the majority of people in this country, town and rural, feel the same.

They have also been exposed for breeding foxes and making sets for them in areas they want to hunt, and because the cubs have been brought up with humans and haven't the fear they make easy targets and so much other stuff it would take me all night to type.   They make me sick.   They think they have the right to ride of any land, even land that the owner has said he doesn't want them on.   They are arrogant and a waste of oxygen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:09 pm

risingsun wrote:A decade on from the ban, fox hunting is still thriving

19 November, 2014

If we send the message that police and politicians can turn a blind eye to illegal behaviour simply because they don't like the law, the entire justice system is undermined

Good Society
Ruby StockhamRuby Stockham
19 November, 2014 Tweet Share

If we send the message that police and politicians can turn a blind eye to illegal behaviour simply because they don't like the law, the entire justice system is undermined.
fox

If we send the message that police and politicians can turn a blind eye to illegal behaviour simply because they don’t like the law, the entire justice system is undermined

Ten years ago, on 18 November 2004, the Hunting Act was passed, banning hunting with dogs in England and Wales. It became law three months later, and marked the culmination of years of campaigning by activists and animal rights groups.

But hunting has not been stopped. Even before the Act was passed, 50,000 people signed a petition stating that they would be willing to break the law in order to continue with the sport.

The strength of feeling was remarkable; especially memorable was the philosopher Roger Scruton’s comparison of the pro-hunt campaign with the civil rights movement in America:

“By cancelling our viewpoint and our demands, and regarding us as a sub-human species, they are regarding us in the way that American blacks were regarded at the time of the civil rights movement”.

What is interesting about this statement is that it perfectly encapsulates the way that many hunters view what most people would view as a hobby as a human right. The Countryside Alliance continues to use this notion in its campaign for repeal which has the tagline ‘fight Prejudice, fight the ban.’

But is it really prejudiced to oppose fox hunting simply because a minority of people support it? A poll conducted last year by Ipsos Mori showed that eight out of 10 people were in favour of sustaining the ban. The poll also found no real difference between urban and rural opinions, which may seem to refute claims that the ban would sound the death knell for the rural economy.

Of course it is prejudiced to deny rights to a minority, but, it is not a basic human right to kill. Similarly, we do not usually tend to define minorities by their hobbies.

Regardless of what you think about the hunting ban, the more pertinent point is that a decade on, the law is not being properly enforced, and this is an affront to the integrity of the legal system. Not only that, Tory support for – and in some cases, participation in – hunting shows a flagrant disregard for public opinion.

In the 2010 Coalition Agreement, David Cameron promised MPs a free vote on overturning the ban, but ultimately conceded that they had little chance of repealing it. Most Tory MPs support a repeal of the ban but Labour and the Liberal Democrats want to keep it, meaning that a Commons vote would most likely reaffirm the ban.

But last Boxing Day, several Tory MPs took part in traditional hunts in their constituencies. Most of the hunts managed to stay within the law because they were chasing a scent and not an animal, a form of the sport known as drag hunting,

so there was a minority that didnt...?? then deal with them....I dont support fox hunting with dogs on horse back

but there could hardly be a better way for the Tories to harpoon themselves with the working public.

The ban is routinely ignored

clearly from the above by a minority ...so deal with THEM

– but by people who can afford expensive horses and guns and all the pomp and ceremony of the chase. What does this say about equality?

ahhh...now we have the real reason.....class warriors...not bothered at all about the fox....just want to get them rich bastards...

There have been 340 successful prosecutions in the past decade, but this does not reflect the amount of hunting that still goes on. Furthermore, the punishments handed down are much more lenient than for other forms of animal cruelty.

The Hunt Saboteur Association is an organisation that stages non-violent protests on hunting grounds.

The big lie.....90% of violent incidents were incited and initiated by the sabs...

Participants use video recordings to try to take more breaches of the law to prosecution.

and cry like mad and wear face covering balaclavas because they are cowards . and cry foul when THEY get filmed...

However, the activists are just as likely to be prosecuted as the hunters. On 25 October, a hunt in Surrey was interrupted by saboteurs trying to end the misery of a deer that was being savaged by dogs. When the police showed up, four of the saboteurs were arrested. Lee Moon, the organisation’s spokesperson, said that ‘the police were happy to act as private security’ for the hunters.

actually you will find that they were guilty of criminal trespass....

The prosecution cases that have happened highlight exactly what the public’s problem is with hunting. In 2013 four members of the Middleton Hunt were arrested, and video footage from the League Against Cruel Sports showed one of the huntsmen handing over the fox to the dogs so they could ‘rag it’ – tear it to bits. Is there really a place for this in British society?

In 2010, a terriersman for the Ullswater Foxhounds was filmed beating a fox to death with a stick – he was fined £250 and ordered to pay £900 in costs. There would have been public outcry if this was a domestic animal – the fine is the same amount as the one ordered from Mary Bale, who infamously put a cat in a bin in 2010.

If this ban which has infuriated so many people is going to remain in place, then it has to be upheld. Those who break it have to be properly prosecuted, and given sentences that will deter others. If we send the message that police and politicians can turn a blind eye to illegal behaviour just because they don’t like the law, then the entire justice system is undermined.

yep I'd agree to that...if it works both ways

http://leftfootforward.org/2014/11/a-decade-on-from-the-ban-fox-hunting-is-still-thriving/

According to their survey which was released on Boxing Day, exactly the same percentage of rural inhabitants – 80% – are against fox hunting as urban inhabitants – also 80%. And slightly more people who live in the country (89% and 94%) are against hare coursing and badger baiting than townies (87% and 92%).2 Jan 2014
Latest survey – 80% of rural Britain against fox hunting ...
https://tompride.wordpress.com/.../latest-survey-80-of-rural-britain-against-...

So it's not a 'Townie' thing either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:14 pm

risingsun wrote:Oh Victor, I'm ashamed for you that you wrote that.  So anything you don't like is 'touched up' but anything you say isn't?   And the records of the injuries are at the hospital.   I've seen huntsmen lash out with their crops, I've seen huntsmen ride people down, I seen them use their landrovers to smash up sabs cars, I've seen them use their horses to push people into bramble filled ditches, I've seen then rant and rave and abuse and be very very violent, because they think it is their right to have animals, foxes, stags and deer, ripped to bits.   They are revolting, and thankfully the majority of people in this country, town and rural, feel the same.

They have also been exposed for breeding foxes and making sets for them in areas they want to hunt, and because the cubs have been brought up with humans and haven't the fear they make easy targets and so much other stuff it would take me all night to type.   They make me sick.   They think they have the right to ride of any land, even land that the owner has said he doesn't want them on.   They are arrogant and a waste of oxygen.

erm touched up and edited...and I can prove it....given time and the right gear,,,, I have viewed the video....several times

certainly edited....there are visible jumps and jerks in it....

and as I said...what happens to the fox hunters I care little, they and the sabs can kick one anothers heads in for me.....

BUT that lass was injured at a DRAG hunt they were trying to disrupt...proving that sometimes stupidity hurts....

what excuse had they got for even being there...aside from "class hate"? hmmmm???

AND...THEY WERE THERE ILLEGALLY...criminal trespass ....

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down