NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The good night and good morning thread

+18
'Wolfie
Syl
Miffs2
HoratioTarr
stardesk
Cass
Major
Victorismyhero
nicko
Original Quill
SEXY MAMA
Tommy Monk
eddie
Raggamuffin
captain
Ben Reilly
Irn Bru
veya_victaous
22 posters

Page 8 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Go down

The good night and good morning thread - Page 8 Empty The good night and good morning thread

Post by Guest Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

They used to be a thread called this on other forums where posters weary from the days debate would sign of globally so to speak

And as i am planning on hitting the sack very shortly after My dinner  (been up since 3:30am ) i thought what the hell

Back to top Go down

The good night and good morning thread - Page 8 Empty 4 am comes REALLY EARLY 4 me...

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:19 am

The good night and good morning thread - Page 8 Funny-good-night

Back to top Go down

The good night and good morning thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The good night and good morning thread

Post by Guest Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:25 am

Night folks, sleep calls

The good night and good morning thread - Page 8 2Q==

Back to top Go down

The good night and good morning thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The good night and good morning thread

Post by Guest Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:40 am

DITTO...here too; 4am comes mighty early and I just can't seem to get my body/mind attuned to --- I NO LONGER HAVE AN ALARM CLOCK, SO LET ME SLEEP!!!   confused
And I just read this 'TWINKLE - TWINKLE' to my 3 yr old grand son over the phone~~~

The good night and good morning thread - Page 8 Th?id=OIP.M6ec4c7f1d2fdfb32617d56c4b4f9fbado0&pid=15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:50 pm

Well, that's me for the night, see you all Tuesday night or Wednesday, and remember Stormee:

It burrows deep and invades your sleep
So change your way or you'll surely pay.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:47 am

It's been a long - long day...time to hit the hay!
The good night and good morning thread - Page 8 Th?id=OIP.M32aca179cfe5d5afe20b7273adfcc10fo0&pid=15

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:18 am

Oooh I'm feeling rather delicate this morning
Was out celebrating a friend's birthday and let's just say.....I drank a lot, danced like a nutter and......I think I may have tugged a guy's beard quite a lot lol!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:01 pm

Have a good day people 

May catch you later

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:36 pm

Were you TESTING those beards, Eddie; fake or real?
LOL...I envy your ability to trip the light fantastic and party hardy!

The good night and good morning thread - Page 8 Good+Morning+Greetings%252Cquotes%252Csms%252Cwishes+and+wallpapers-9

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:24 pm

eddie wrote:Oooh I'm feeling rather delicate this morning
Was out celebrating a friend's birthday and let's just say.....I drank a lot, danced like a nutter and......I think I may have tugged a guy's  beard quite a lot lol!

The good night and good morning thread - Page 8 Wake_u10 Eddie!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:48 pm

Halllooo!! Thanks for the coffee aspca. Much needed although I have to say, my cure for a hangover is a cup of tea before bed (not water, doesn't work!) and then eggs for breakfast
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:52 pm

Good Point...No, caffeine isn't a good cure for a 'Hang-Over'; the 'hair of the dog' an excellent made Bloody Mary was always my beverage of choice after a night of heavy imbibing The good night and good morning thread - Page 8 2086560741

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:35 am

Good night everyone

All the best

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:57 am

Morning all.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:59 am

The good night and good morning thread - Page 8 NUBIA050214KINDNESS

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:49 am

The good night and good morning thread - Page 8 Good-night-sleep-tight-dont-let-the-bed-bugs-bite-glitter

**And if they do, grab a shoe and give them something else to CHEW**

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:49 am

The good night and good morning thread - Page 8 Prod_793_23330

Wonderful 'WEDNESDAY'~~~

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:19 am

The good night and good morning thread - Page 8 Animated-good-night-image-0014

Night folks, tomorrow is another day as they say.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:30 am

SURVIVOR NIGHT...then lights out and headed to bed.

The good night and good morning thread - Page 8 1189864720_goodnight24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:53 pm

The good night and good morning thread - Page 8 Caebbabcbe673e0042047e96ecda7dab

Woke up at my daily normal = 4:35am, let the 3 little poopers out, started my coffee - used the facilities. Let the dogs back in; they do not dilly-dally around when it's 28º outside, got my 4 cup mug of flavored coffee {amaretto cream flavoring this morning}, played to of the daily quizs {activate my brain cells}, read some posts, check FB, went to the sofa section/lounger and hooked up my Kindle to read a while and nap! Dogs woke me up at 6:45 needing to go back out to 'P'...so I reheated my coffee and returned to the sofa section. And that folks is about how it goes each & every day until around 7:30am. Today's weather is: all sunshine and warming up to the mid 50's and DRY - DRY - DRY. Have a great day~~~ sunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:14 pm

Freezing here, but up to a short while ago, sunny.  Managed to get some pruning done in the garden ready for spring.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:17 pm

sassy wrote:Freezing here, but up to a short while ago, sunny.  Managed to get some pruning done in the garden ready for spring.

I'm going out to propagate some dark red crape myrtle clippings and dig some Hosta tubers up from a dear neighbor that is moving away. But that will be after lunch when it's closer to 50º --- to darn cold to be kneeling on frozen earth! LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:19 pm

I have raised beds, that helps lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:29 pm

sassy wrote:I have raised beds, that helps lol

Oh, absolutely --- I built 4 raised {4'wide X 8'long} for my veggie garden beds...but all of my landscape flowering beds are ground level; except for the annual large pots that I have up on hardscape objects.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:34 pm

My garden in tiny at the back, on diferent levels with paths round, at the front in hardlandspace with bed at floor level, do those a bit at a time as my back don't like it and I smashed my knees in an accident years ago, so definitely no kneeling lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:46 pm

sassy wrote:My garden in tiny at the back, on diferent levels with paths round, at the front in hardlandspace with bed at floor level, do those a bit at a time as my back don't like it and I smashed my knees in an accident years ago, so definitely no kneeling lol

We'll have to exchange some photo's of our landscape/gardening projects; I've lived here for 16 years this spring and have planted/landscaped/built numerous projects ...but that's all changed now that I'm pretty incapacitated and mobility is an issue too. But lets do share some photo's --- mine will be later; unless I find and load up what I took when I first started several projects 15 yrs ago. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:54 pm

Not lived here a year yet, and up to a very short while ago thought I was going to have to move again in June, so I'm really just getting started on it.  Bare greenhouse at the moment, got to get started on that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:11 pm

sassy wrote:Not lived here a year yet, and up to a very short while ago thought I was going to have to move again in June, so I'm really just getting started on it.  Bare greenhouse at the moment, got to get started on that.

I'll look forward to any and all photo's and shared experiences that you'd like to post out here! I love you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:09 am

Will do, if and when the sun shines warm lol.

Right, I'm off, back killing me from the gardening lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:36 am

sassy wrote:Will do, if and when the sun shines warm lol.

Went over and dug up some 'Hosta' tubers and clipped some Crape Myrtle limbs and another similar type of ornamental shrub, emptied 2 - ½ whiskey barrels from the dirt...found some lovely huge white grubs for my hens and helped load the barrels into a truck for a friend! Those shrubs and Hosta's I'd planted for my neighbors, they are moving and I planted & landscaped their yard for them, so they told me to come get some starts.  

OMG, my knees/hands and shoulders are burning and achy now!

The good night and good morning thread - Page 8 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:47 am

Guess, I'll be going to bed to listen to all of this on the TV; there's nothing else on the local channels but this horrid event.

Source: ksnw
Added on 7:40 PM ET, Thu February 25, 2016
Sheriff T. Walton says that an Excel Industries employee opened fire at several locations near Hesston, Kansas, before taking his own life. Video from KSN News.
WATCH LIVE: Sheriff: 4 to 7 killed, up to 30 hurt in mass shooting in Hesston 10 mins ago - The shootings were reported Thursday afternoon at Excel Industries at 200 South Ridge Road.
http://www.kake.com/news

Looks like there won't be any factual information; since every station I've flipped to have a different # of wounded &/or dead...but they all as saying that the original shooter was DEAD...now the SWAT team has surrounded a trailer across the street from the EXCEL PLANT and there's a stand off in place.

Off to bed --- I'm really POOPED.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:35 pm

aspca4ever wrote:
sassy wrote:Will do, if and when the sun shines warm lol.

Went over and dug up some 'Hosta' tubers and clipped some Crape Myrtle limbs and another similar type of ornamental shrub, emptied 2 - ½ whiskey barrels from the dirt...found some lovely huge white grubs for my hens and helped load the barrels into a truck for a friend! Those shrubs and Hosta's I'd planted for my neighbors, they are moving and I planted & landscaped their yard for them, so they told me to come get some starts.  

OMG, my knees/hands and shoulders are burning and achy now!

The good night and good morning thread - Page 8 2

LOL, know that feeling, might do a series of before and after shots.  However, your 'before' might be a lot better, having warmth on your side!    Do you actually get any cold times?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:56 pm

Sassy asked >>> However, your 'before' might be a lot better, having warmth on your side! Do you actually get any cold times?

I live in a ZONE #5-6; it's a full 4 season region.
Winter {Nov - March}, Spring {March - May},
Summer {June - Sept}, Fall {mid Sept - early Nov}...
My region is supposed to be in Winter, but these past 5 years our winters have had some serious lack of snowfall but periods of deep frigid freezes -20º {or worse} and then spikes {long periods of} mid 60's that just really confuse the fruit & flowering bushes and trees! I've had weeks of frigid temps that were worse then my friends living in Anchorage, Alaska --- things they are a changing to rapidly to save what bushes I've already planted and to try to figure out what might survive those radical climate changes from 24º in the morning to a sap busting warm spike by 2pm of 65º --- that's what this current weeks been like. So harmful to so many fruit trees.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:13 pm

Well, in that case I'll count myself lucky, and we never have such extremes in this area.  Have hardly seen snow this last couple of years, think we had some for about a week, but our weather is playing silly buggers as well, with temperatures we don't expect.  Been a very mild, very wet winter with a bit of a slightly cold snap now.  Our summers can be a bit hot for a short while if we're lucky lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:43 pm

Because this central part of the USA was once a inlet sea; lower sea levels between two huge mountain ranges. We still get the dreaded humidity blown up from the Gulf of Mexico and along with the upper air cooler atmospheric temps & pressures --- hence the reason that this is called 'Tornado Alley'. We'll have summer temps as high as 105º sustained for days on end and the humidity will maintain right at or around 80% {or worse}...so it's like trying to breathe in a sauna and hydration is a serious health concern too. Keeping abreast of the planting ZONES, is always advisable when those plants/shrubs/trees cost a goodly amount and then all of the work/cost to bed them in goes to waste, because they won't survive the temp extremes. I hate to see people spend so much time & money on landscape items and then due to their lack of knowledge/watering practices and then our weather extremes the project dies! UGH

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:51 pm

Know about humidity as I used to live in Singapore, but the extent of my gardening out there was tying brown paper bags over limes while they matured to stop the birds and insects damaging them!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:58 pm

Since I've got natural curly hair --- most of my friends tease me about my gray curly locks --- but those gray curls drip sweat and are so irritating ---
I detest those high barometric pressures/high humid days, they cause me such horrid joint pain; well I get out early in the day and then hibernate inside the remainder! I'd love to live in an arid region and to have limes/lemons/oranges to pick daily --- WOW, that's a dream location! LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:03 pm

No oranges in Singapore, although in my day plenty of coconuts, sugarcane, papaya etc.  I remember stepping off the plane and the humidity hitting me like a hot wet banket.  Don't think I could handle it these days.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:12 pm

sassy wrote:No oranges in Singapore, although in my day plenty of coconuts, sugarcane, papaya etc.  I remember stepping off the plane and the humidity hitting me like a hot wet banket.  Don't think I could handle it these days.

Ya, that would be a soggy way to live; I was thinking more arid Arizona or New Mexico regions...and yet that area has had some really freaky monsoon rains/flooding and horrid snow falls in the last 5 years too. The good night and good morning thread - Page 8 2190311264

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:15 pm

Climate change is going to make lots of odd things happen, further north we have had terrible floods.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:25 pm

Saw those floods on the national news...had a great niece and her college group touring though Europe: she seems to be following the most disaster zones over there! First it was her 3 days in Paris - the terrorist bombings then to a bus disaster somewhere else where the convoy of buses had several mechanical breakdowns and one wrecked ~~~ Her parents might not survive her European travels!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:28 pm

So it was all here fault lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:32 pm

sassy wrote:So it was all here fault lol

Well, that's up for speculation...Shocked
But this entire 3 months of her/their groups itinerary might resemble more like a scrap book of 'WTH' and the 'DOOMS DAY EXCURSION' as their titled journal heading!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:33 pm

Poor girl and poor parents, they must be worried sick.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:53 pm

sassy wrote:Poor girl and poor parents, they must be worried sick.

I've been rather busy on FB, returning posts and memories about 'OUR' age group and how we hitch-hiked from one location to another. While I never went to Europe, a group of us traveled around Canada and then again to Mexico numerous times in the 70's ---

Absolutely --- I wouldn't want any child/grandchild/relative or friend of a friends family members attempting that today! It's a whole wide world of crazies out there with evil intent and strong powers of insanity and drug induced problems!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:12 am

Good night folks, I have to head for bed, see you tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:37 am

The good night and good morning thread - Page 8 0b1d390692850e8ffcb3cd00a21a50bb

Can't keep my eyes open and everything has to be read twice or 3 times...give it up and going to bed!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:01 pm

Anyway hope everyone has a great Saturday night or day as the case maybe

All the best everyone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:43 pm

Now i shall bid you all a fond farewell

Night all

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:59 am

Good Morning all.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:08 am

Morning Nicko x
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next