NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top Gear is dead ........And on that bomb shell

5 posters

Go down

Top Gear is dead ........And on that bomb shell Empty Top Gear is dead ........And on that bomb shell

Post by Guest Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:00 am

DoH!!

Last edited by korban dallas on Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Top Gear is dead ........And on that bomb shell Empty Re: Top Gear is dead ........And on that bomb shell

Post by Guest Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:03 am

Clarkson, Hammond, and May are back.

Jeremy Clarkson has confirmed to the Sunday Times that he will return to TV with a new car show.

Joining the bombastic Brit on the new show will be his former "Top Gear" cohosts Richard Hammond and James May.

Though the publication reports that an announcement is expected in a matter of weeks, the exact network on which the show will air has yet to be confirmed.

Sources told the Daily Mirror's Nigel Pauley, however, that the ex-"Top Gear" trio — along with former showrunner Andy Wilman — were "very close" to a deal with Netflix.

In recent weeks, the foursome has held meetings with numerous potential suitors including the British broadcaster ITV. But Netflix seems to have come out on top.

This development comes on the heels of the BBC's introduction of radio DJ Chris Evans as the new front man for "Top Gear." As a result, the 23rd season of the "Top Gear" will most likely feature a lineup of all-new hosts and be the first to not feature Jeremy Clarkson since 2000.

Netflix, the American online media-streaming service, is home to such award-winning original programming as "House of Cards" and "Orange is the New Black."

According to the Sunday Times, the new Clarkson-fronted car show will probably debut sometime after next March.

The 22nd season of "Top Gear" ended abruptly in March after only seven of the nine planned episodes had aired because of the suspension and subsequent dismissal of Clarkson.

Hammond and May followed Clarkson out the door by voluntarily declining to renew their respective BBC contracts, which expired in April. Wilman — longtime executive producer and close friend of Clarkson — also left the BBC after the host's dismissal.

The network's decision to part ways with the polarizing TV personality came after an internal BBC inquiry found Clarkson had punched a "Top Gear" producer when he failed to obtain a hot steak dinner after a long day of filming.

The fracas with the producer came after a controversy-filled 2014 for Clarkson, who was mired in scandal stemming from accusations of racist, sexist, and culturally insensitive comments.

Prior to his dismissal, Clarkson had spent nearly three decades with the BBC as a host on "Top Gear" and is credited with being the driving force behind the show's explosive international success.

With more than 350 million weekly viewers, "Top Gear" set the Guinness World Record as the most watched factual TV program in the world. In addition to the UK show, the "Top Gear" brand includes numerous international spinoffs, a live stadium tour, merchandising, a successful magazine, and a website.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/jeremy-clarkson-confirms-new-car-show-with-former-top-gear-mates-2015-6

Back to top Go down

Top Gear is dead ........And on that bomb shell Empty Re: Top Gear is dead ........And on that bomb shell

Post by Guest Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:25 am

pity a fantastic show had to end like that, top gear is about the chemistry between the three guys, where ever that goes the fans will go..

looking forward to the new show...

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:52 am

What about those who can't get Netflix but love Top Gear?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:22 pm

Chris Evans is just a grinning idiot with nothing funny to say... about as funny as Russell brand...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:43 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Chris Evans is just a grinning idiot with nothing funny to say... about as funny as Russell brand...
Hold on one god dam minute........i agree with Tommy? fuck i will have to get the the emergency room pretty dam quick ......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:45 pm

nicko wrote:What about those who can't get Netflix  but love Top Gear?
I don`t think they will go with Netflix for that very reason sky and ITV,C4 is more likely but we should know soon

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:02 pm

Agreeing with me is a sign that you still have a little bit of common sense left kd...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:02 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Chris Evans is just a grinning idiot with nothing funny to say... about as funny as Russell brand...

I agree.
I'll,follow the three top gear guys tbh - they make the show for me
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:04 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Agreeing with me is a sign that you still have a little bit of common sense left kd...
back at ya tommy Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:43 pm

Are there areas of the UK where Netflix is unavailable?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:55 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Are there areas of the UK where Netflix is unavailable?

not sure but there are tons of streaming alternatives...

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:12 pm

I wouldn't have thought so? I don't think perhaps it's as popular here as in the U.S.?
I had it in trial for about a month and wasn't impressed tbh
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:17 pm

eddie wrote:
I wouldn't have thought so? I don't think perhaps it's as popular here as in the U.S.?

Hmm -- looking around online, there seem to be a lot of people who think the American version is better. I certainly use it for at least 75 percent of my TV viewing these days.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:53 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:

Hmm -- looking around online, there seem to be a lot of people who think the American version is better. I certainly use it for at least 75 percent of my TV viewing these days.
i have seen the American version..................its not

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:54 pm

nope

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:57 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

i have seen the American version..................its not
i thought you where talking about top gear America

i watch both the American and uk version of netflix they`s is some stuff that is different but on the whole pretty much the same stuff

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:01 pm

Think the U.S. has had it longer than UK so could be better? I wouldn't know.

I thought I'd aready typesd this out and posted it....?
Hahahahahaha perhaps that post will appear on another thread and everyone will just wonder what the hell I'm on about Neutral
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:11 pm

eddie wrote:Think the U.S. has had it longer than UK so could be better? I wouldn't know.

I thought I'd aready typesd this out and posted it....?
Hahahahahaha perhaps that post will appear on another thread and everyone will just wonder what the hell I'm on about Neutral
i use netflic mostly for movie`s i may have missed But 80% of what i watch ,i watch a couple of hours after it airs in the states things like falling skys ,under the dome daily show the last ship ect
Not yet over hear i have all ready seen

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:33 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:

because of 'regional exclusive content deals' with other TV stations most of Netflix's catalog is unavailable outside of the USA.

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:43 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

because of 'regional exclusive content deals' with other TV stations most of Netflix's catalog is unavailable outside of the USA.

Not to me its not tongue Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:20 am

VPN to the USA means you're in the USA KD Cool Cool Cool
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:24 am

veya_victaous wrote:VPN to the USA means you're in the USA KD Cool Cool Cool
Yaaaaaa Razz Razz Razz

i use a fire fox plug-in called zenmate its really good

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:38 am

I am lucky that many of my colleagues are way more into TV than me
I just download it off their USB drives
pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat
This is why they could stop piracy with reasonable pricing, I'm too lazy already and if it were cheaper even more people would be too lazy to pirate it.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down