NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rep System

4 posters

Go down

The Rep System Empty The Rep System

Post by Eilzel Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:25 pm

I've just noticed this while scrolling through threads. I knew we could give thanks but not really noticed much the ability to give rep points generally.

In any case, it seems a certain two posters, well let's not beat around the bush- HF and VoD, have abused it by simply exhanging rep points on nearly every post.

Maybe just scrap it? Since it gives such a ridiculous impression of what kind of posting is 'valued' on this forum.

Just a suggestion, it's not really important in any case Smile
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

The Rep System Empty Re: The Rep System

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:24 pm

I remember this jealousy on ado it is rather childish to be honest .

Why is it so bad to like others posts , i have clicked like on your posts and fuzzy zack also shady , didge eddie .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:26 pm

And now you want take away my choice of liking posts , you're a dictator lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:36 pm

everyone has the option to click like so i don't know what all the fuss is about .

If we are going to be petty though i did notice that all those with favourites on here clicked like .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:39 pm

Eilzel wrote:I've just noticed this while scrolling through threads. I knew we could give thanks but not really noticed much the ability to give rep points generally.

In any case, it seems a certain two posters, well let's not beat around the bush- HF and VoD, have abused it by simply exhanging rep points on nearly every post.

Maybe just scrap it? Since it gives such a ridiculous impression of what kind of posting is 'valued' on this forum.

Just a suggestion, it's not really important in any case Smile

aww poor fing, you have no fwends.....

and it is so unimportant you had too mention it...lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:48 pm

its pathetic has he written to facebook and complained that people aren't liking his posts Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:56 pm

Rep points are always abused.
I think if people are just giving them to up each other's points then that's just really sad!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:59 pm

eddie wrote:Rep points are always abused.
I think if people are just giving them to up each other's points then that's just really sad!

I am on another forum where it is polite to click like when you have read a post , but i don't read everyone's posts on here i find some really boring and don't agree with many to be fair.

If it bothers people so much it shows how childish they are .

I click your posts when i like them eddie , in case i don't like what you have said no offence .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:09 pm

eddie wrote:Rep points are always abused.

Its made the reason for giving them pointless now. I havce no idea why some people are so obsessed with them, but any meaning for giving a thanks to a very good post has gone out the window.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:10 pm

I barely even remember the system is there.
If people are upping each other's points then...oh well.
Let them feel all warm and fuzzy about it.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:32 pm

eddie wrote:I barely even remember the system is there.
If people are upping each other's points then...oh well.
Let them feel all warm and fuzzy about it.

why is it such a problem that lez made a thread about it ?

anyway do people have the same problem on facebook cos i like loads of posts on there Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:36 pm

I couldn't care less Vod
I really couldn't

I'm finding a lot of poster acting seriously stupid at the moment.
Time for me to log out and paint my toenails I think.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:47 pm

I've painted mine ,done them a lovely pink Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:41 pm

I'm doing mine a bright shade of pink too
Lovely summery colour
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:16 pm

This thread is also about two particular posters.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:26 am

Correct raggs, well spotted, I thought I hid that oh so well :-O
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:29 am

Although in fairness this thread is no an insult, more an observation of how a particular system has been broken Smile
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:33 am

Eilzel wrote:Although in fairness this thread is no an insult, more an observation of how a particular system has been broken Smile

Correct, two posters have now made the system redundent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:40 am

It still works...for those of us who don't get many points anyway...and are not in some tit-for-tat game with a partner.

When someone gives you a point or two somewhere, you say hey, that one registered. So it's a kind of evaluation...and you can tell what people like.

Although, the truth is I pay so little attention to it, I can't tell how far back it goes...and thus, what it was for. Lol

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:38 am

Raggamuffin wrote:This thread is also about two particular posters.

This comment got 3 likes so someone else must have noticed the real reason behind the thread . It has nothing to do with the points (likes) it is just a dig at me and my husband yet again .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:45 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:This thread is also about two particular posters.

This comment got 3 likes so someone else must have noticed the real reason behind the thread . It has nothing to do with the points (likes) it is just a dig at me and my husband yet again .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:53 am

Lets have some honesty here Dibs. Its your insecurity that craves the need for rep points as we have been here before on ADO with the Dibsgate scandal back then when you and your husband were caught out trying to cheat the rep point system in collusion with some of the moderators. You have basically made the Rep point system redundant as both you and husband like each others posts and Rags in some poor vain attempt to show as if you are both popular. If you were both not so horrible, well more so your husband, people would not have issue with you both. Take that as you will, but cut the victim crap, you both bring on your own problems, because you are both so utterly immature.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:27 am

I barely even notice them and cannot understand why people would care enough yo have to boost points?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:31 am

obviously les notices them as he made a thread about it

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:36 pm

Why are people get wound up about it? If they think the reps are sort of fake, does it matter? It's not popularity contest. I have noticed that my rep has gone up rather a lot lately. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:55 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Why are people get wound up about it? If they think the reps are sort of fake, does it matter? It's not popularity contest. I have noticed that my rep has gone up rather a lot lately. Laughing

Yes, I would be rather suspicious of that too, if it were mine. We're good, but not that good. Razz

As I say, if you post something one night, and the next morning you notice you went up two points, you might get a clue that someone out there likes the subject, and what you said about it. But that's all. If you don't catch it within a day or two--and I often don't--you can't correlate it to anything.

But when someone gives you a hundred points within a week, he or she is ruining it for you. You know that it is not for you, but for your persuasion. That's as distinctive as a cheer leading squad.

The Rep System 4

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:58 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Why are people get wound up about it? If they think the reps are sort of fake, does it matter? It's not popularity contest. I have noticed that my rep has gone up rather a lot lately. Laughing

Yes, I would be rather suspicious of that too, if it were mine.  We're good, but not that good. Razz

As I say, if you post something one night, and the next morning you notice you went up two points, you might get a clue that someone out there likes the subject, and what you said about it.  But that's all.  If you don't catch it within a day or two--and I often don't--you can't correlate it to anything.

But when someone gives you a hundred points within a week, he or she is ruining it for you.  You know that it is not for you, but for your persuasion.  That's as distinctive as a cheer leading squad.

The Rep System 4

I'm not worried. Nobody's ever liked my posts anyway. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:00 pm

I was on a forum where I got tons of negative reps - it was great. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:08 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I was on a forum where I got tons of negative reps - it was great. Laughing

so was i ado i think was about -300 so you can see how popular i was Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:11 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I was on a forum where I got tons of negative reps - it was great. Laughing

It just shows that you can think outside of the box. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:19 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:

It just shows that you can think outside of the box. Laughing

it does indeed rabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:42 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Yes, I would be rather suspicious of that too, if it were mine.  We're good, but not that good. Razz

As I say, if you post something one night, and the next morning you notice you went up two points, you might get a clue that someone out there likes the subject, and what you said about it.  But that's all.  If you don't catch it within a day or two--and I often don't--you can't correlate it to anything.

But when someone gives you a hundred points within a week, he or she is ruining it for you.  You know that it is not for you, but for your persuasion.  That's as distinctive as a cheer leading squad.

The Rep System 4

Oh, I like your posts. I'm quite fond of you. It's fun to go back and forth.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:46 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

The Rep System 4

I've actually given you more rep pints than I've ever given anyone else on here.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:48 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Oh, I like your posts.  I'm quite fond of you.  It's fun to go back and forth.

Even though I'm white? Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:49 pm

Original Quill wrote:

The Rep System 4

How apt a point made is that, because this post is something that deserves praise and is bang on the money. It exposes the fact that some posters need attention and to be thoughtof as nice, when the opposite is true, because they actually fear more people looking in that do not now them. How sad is that Quill, that they look at the rep system that way? Talk about insecurities, ones formed from wanting to be liked. What they failed to do is understand they first must learn to love themselves. They don't though, they are in perpetual conflict with themselves. A person free understands love and everything that is right and wrong about themselves. They fear what they do not know, so follow something that helps conquer that fear for them. Christianity.

Great post mate and really sums up the point how the chuckle brothers have made the system meaningless

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:49 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I've actually given you more rep pints than I've ever given anyone else on here.

Really? Ooooh, I'm quite touched by that. The Rep System 2984306523
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:50 pm

To be quite honest, I've only just found out how to give someone a point. Razz
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:52 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Lol I consider you to be a top-rate poster actually.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:54 pm

Now that is what I like to see. A far more positive Rags.
I mean that sincerely.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:55 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Lol I consider you to be a top-rate poster actually.

Aww thanks! I think you're a great poster too. cheers
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:57 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:To be quite honest, I've only just found out how to give someone a point. Razz

Yes, I don't know anything about it.  Sometimes I would like to know who gave it to me, but I don't.  And why does the "approve" appear only on some posts, and not on others?  It's like someone is singling some post out for a prize.

Anyway...shows how much I know. Rolling Eyes

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down