NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pizza Express uses only halal chicken

+11
jaded fox
harvesmom
Irn Bru
stardesk
Eilzel
David
eddie
Lone Wolf
veya_victaous
Tommy Monk
gerber
15 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Pizza Express uses only halal chicken - Page 3 Empty Pizza Express uses only halal chicken

Post by gerber Wed May 07, 2014 3:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

‘We spend a lot of time listening to our guests and do our best to cater to their needs. Whether this means creating vegan-friendly pizzas or serving halal chicken, we take their feedback seriously.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2622052/Pizza-Express-reveal-chicken-use-halal-dont-tell-customers-unless-ask-staff.html#ixzz312ebad4Q
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The Mail on Sunday has previously revealed that halal meat from animals who had been stunned before slaughter was being sold in schools, hospitals, pubs and at famous sporting venues such as Ascot and Twickenham.
All the beef, chicken and lamb sold to fans at Wembley was secretly prepared in accordance with Islamic law, while Cheltenham College was one of several top public schools which also served halal chicken to pupils without informing them.

Add to the list nandos and KFC.................

I will be asking in the future before I eat the origin of the meat, unknown and I will not be ordering.

Why should we have to put up with this because some can't eat what we eat ?

gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Pizza Express uses only halal chicken - Page 3 Empty Re: Pizza Express uses only halal chicken

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 8:57 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Nems wrote:

Which experts?
As for holidays perhaps people just realise that when in anothers country they may do things dfferently and respect that, and if you think about  it thats all that is required of Muslims in this country, accept the way we do things or accept a lift to the airport.

So what you are suggesting there is you have no problem with eating halal slaughtered animals, even without stunning, since you'd willingly eat it in Egypt or Tunisia or Israel etc; but you object here purely on cultural grounds?

I object to it yes and I will not be going to Egypt, Israel and certainly not Tunisia. If I did find myself in a Muslim country I most certainly wouldnt be eating meat

Back to top Go down

Pizza Express uses only halal chicken - Page 3 Empty Re: Pizza Express uses only halal chicken

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 8:59 pm

Nems wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

So what you are suggesting there is you have no problem with eating halal slaughtered animals, even without stunning, since you'd willingly eat it in Egypt or Tunisia or Israel etc; but you object here purely on cultural grounds?

I object to it yes and I will not be going to Egypt, Israel and certainly not Tunisia. If I did find myself in a Muslim country I most certainly wouldnt be eating meat

But would you drink alcohol?

Eilzel is right, your view is now based upon cultural reasons not the animals themselves, even though as seen they accommodate our cultures with alcohol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu May 08, 2014 9:00 pm

Nems wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Fair play; but many in this country do and would still complain about this; and they would be hypocrites. For the massive number of people in this country who holiday in Turkey and on the Red Sea or the UAE and who have Indian takeaway there can be no real complaining about halal meat.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 9:01 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Nems wrote:

Fair play; but many in this country do and would still complain about this; and they would be hypocrites. For the massive number of people in this country who holiday in Turkey and on the Red Sea or the UAE and who have Indian takeaway there can be no real complaining about halal meat.

Wonder if they would eat it in Israel? Or go to a Jewish wedding reception and eat it there?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 9:05 pm

Didge wrote:
Nems wrote:

Eilzel is right, your view is now based upon cultural reasons not the animals themselves, even though as seen they accommodate our cultures with alcohol.

My view is based on my opinion. I am not entirely sure what the alcohol reference is for.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 9:09 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Nems wrote:

I would disagree actually, we have the right to object to things we dont want in our country, we dont have the right to tell other countries what to do.
The chief vet is against Halal, eating halal is not part of british culture, why should we have halal meat in this country? Especially if it is being fed to us without our knowledge and consent.
Go to Tunisia or Egypt and demand non halal meat - see how far you get.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu May 08, 2014 9:17 pm

Nems wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

I would disagree actually, we have the right to object to things we dont want in our country, we dont have the right to tell other countries what to do.
The chief vet is against Halal, eating halal is not part of british culture, why should we have halal meat in this country? Especially if it is being fed to us without our knowledge and consent.
Go to Tunisia or Egypt and demand non halal meat - see how far you get.

Of course we have a right to object to anything; I'm more interested in knowing WHY people are objecting. If people are happy to eat halal meat on the Red Sea Riviera; or at Abdul's balti down the road then I would be very interested in knowing why they would b---h about eating it from Tescos...

I have no issue with people like you though; who avoid Islamic countries and takeaways; fair play as I said, at least you're not being a hypocrite  Smile 

And as for Egypt, Tunisia etc as didge said those countries will sell alcohol to western customers, which is as we know un-Islamic. And even still; I prefer not to play the game of dragging our nation down to the level of developing countries with arguments along the lines of 'well if that's what Egypt do...'  Wink 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 9:17 pm

Didge wrote:
Nems wrote:

Never mind the alcohol. The Chief Vet said:

End religious slaughter of animals without stunning first, urges top vet http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/agriculture/meat/10679907/End-religious-slaughter-of-animals-without-stunning-first-urges-top-vet.html

As 88% of halal IS PRESTUNNED, what he was actually going on about was KOSHER, that isn't.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu May 08, 2014 9:19 pm

Sassy wrote:
Didge wrote:

Never mind the alcohol.   The Chief Vet said:

End religious slaughter of animals without stunning first, urges top vet http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/agriculture/meat/10679907/End-religious-slaughter-of-animals-without-stunning-first-urges-top-vet.html

As 88% of halal IS PRESTUNNED, what he was actually going on about was KOSHER, that isn't.  

To be fair I had noticed this got overlooked  Razz 

So what of this Nems and David  Smile 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 9:30 pm

Strange, it's gone quiet Les  Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 9:34 pm

Nems wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

I thought the meals I had in Turkey were lovely honestly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu May 08, 2014 9:37 pm

Reading all this is making me hungry and I feel like having a fish supper out the chippy but iI know that most of the fish are still alive and wriggling around as they have their heads and their tails chopped off and their gut slit open and the remains thrown to the birds. That doesn't bother me but I can't be bothered going for it so I'll just make do with a chicken sandwich
Anyone want to join me? Laughing

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu May 08, 2014 9:39 pm

Irn Bru wrote:Reading all this is making me hungry and I feel like having a fish supper out the chippy but iI know that most of the fish are still alive and wriggling around as they have their heads and their tails chopped off and their gut slit open and the remains thrown to the birds. That doesn't bother me but I can't be bothered going for it so I'll just make do with a chicken sandwich

Tragic isn't it  lol! 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 9:39 pm

Irn Bru wrote:Reading all this is making me hungry and I feel like having a fish supper out the chippy but iI know that most of the fish are still alive and wriggling around as they have their heads and their tails chopped off and their gut slit open and the remains thrown to the birds. That doesn't bother me but I can't be bothered going for it so I'll just make do with a chicken sandwich

With mayo?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 9:41 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Never mind the alcohol.   The Chief Vet said:

88% isnt all of it so the remainder needs to be sorted out. Isnt it weird how people never really got excited about Kosher or Jweish traditions and customs? I can only think its because the Jews just get on with it and dont expect the world to kow tow to them a la Islam.

Please accept my sincere apologies for not answering immediately, I am texting FTL and David too as well as dealing with a life and family. Please tell Sassy yes? She is going all unnecessary again  Rolling Eyes  I cant tell her because she has me on ignore  lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu May 08, 2014 9:45 pm

Sassy wrote:
David wrote:

I do know all that sassy and that is my point.   Whether it is KOSHER or HALAL I have the choice whether to eat it or not.  My Jewish friends know that there will be a vegetarian option for David.

Fine, but we are debating halal being sold or put on pizzas.   As it is prestunned, and killed in exactly the same way as 'ours', because all meat has to have the arteries opened while the heart if beating as i said, why are you and others, making so much fuss about halal, but never mention kosher, which is in the meat markets all the time, unmarked, and they don't prestun?

Really ??? There are no laws to make it compulsory for halal or kosher meat to be labelled.
David
David
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu May 08, 2014 9:47 pm

Nems wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

88% isnt all of it so the remainder needs to be sorted out. Isnt it weird how people never really got excited about Kosher or Jweish traditions and customs? I can only think its because the Jews just get on with it and dont expect the world to kow tow to them a la Islam.

Please accept my sincere apologies for not answering immediately, I am texting FTL and David too as well as dealing with a life and family. Please tell Sassy yes? She is going all unnecessary again  Rolling Eyes  I cant tell her because she has me on ignore  lol! 

You did kind of disappear immediately after that question  Wink 

I think there is a lot more to this than animal welfare- as sass has pointed out, no Kosher is prestunned- if ritual slaughter is really so objectionable to people then I wonder why it is only ever leveled at Islamic slaughter and not Jewish- I think many of us know why, but people are too concerned to actually say it.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 9:48 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Nems wrote:

I think there is a lot more to this than animal welfare- as sass has pointed out, no Kosher is prestunned- if ritual slaughter is really so objectionable to people then I wonder why it is only ever leveled at Islamic slaughter and not Jewish- I think many of us know why, but people are too concerned to actually say it.

It's because you're all good goyim who would never question your Jewish overlord.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 9:49 pm

Samhraí wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

It's because you're all good goyim who would never question your Jewish overlord.

lol!   You actually made me laugh!  affraid 

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu May 08, 2014 9:49 pm

Samhraí wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Of course; they run everything from behind the scenes- certainly explains why Israel hasn't been long since eradicated  lol! 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 9:57 pm

Reminder that your greatest ally, Israel, needs your shekels to defend itself

Pizza Express uses only halal chicken - Page 3 TARMvrJ

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu May 08, 2014 10:00 pm

Yes it is turning anti-semitic as I feared. QoH you should be ashamed

Last edited by David on Thu May 08, 2014 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
David
David
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 10:00 pm

I don't like that vid, it has nasty undertones.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 10:02 pm

David wrote:Yes it is turming anti semitic as I feared.

Doesn't seem to bother you when it turns anti-Muslim does it, in fact, you and Nems have turned into right little racists where Muslims are concerned. On the Oxford Elite Society Rapist thread even Veya has noticed it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 10:03 pm

David wrote:Yes it is turning anti-semitic as I feared.  QoH you should be ashamed

It's called a joke, mate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 10:06 pm

Samhraí wrote:
David wrote:Yes it is turning anti-semitic as I feared.  QoH you should be ashamed

As I said, don't like the undertones of that vid, but find one like it about a Muslim and he'll applaud.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 10:08 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Nems wrote:

Sorry Les I log in post and naff off again. I forget the importance of this place and lording it for some people lol I dont have a burning desire to be in charge and declare myself an expert on every fecking thing so if I dont answer a post it will be because I a) cant be arsed or b)
Im doing something else.
As for your last para you may be right I know plenty hate the Muslims but there is a large and respected Jewish community in Liverpool as there is Chinese, perhaps its just people dont like Muslimsand so are more sensitive and aware of everything they are trying to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu May 08, 2014 10:09 pm

Sassy wrote:
Samhraí wrote:

As I said, don't like the undertones of that vid, but find one like it about a Muslim and he'll applaud.

OMG sassy you see how you are if it were about a Muslim I would react the same! OMG I can't believe it! You should be ashamed. This is despicable. I object to your radicalised opinion!!
David
David
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 10:11 pm

David wrote:
Sassy wrote:

OMG sassy you see how you are if it were about a Muslim I would react the same!  OMG I can't believe it!  You should be ashamed.  This is despicable.  I object to your radicalised opinion!!

Bloody tough. That's the truth, seen it for ages, stop screaming like a little boy do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 10:11 pm

Sassy wrote:
David wrote:Yes it is turming anti semitic as I feared.

Doesn't seem to bother you when it turns anti-Muslim does it, in fact, you and Nems have turned into right little racists where Muslims are concerned.   On the Oxford Elite Society Rapist thread even Veya has noticed it.

Why can Sassy never say any thing on her own ?
Why does it always have to be followed up with " so and so says so too" or "such a body noticed"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 10:12 pm

Sassy wrote:
David wrote:

OMG sassy you see how you are if it were about a Muslim I would react the same!  OMG I can't believe it!  You should be ashamed.  This is despicable.  I object to your radicalised opinion!!

Bloody tough.   That's the truth, seen it for ages, stop screaming like a little boy do.

You wouldnt know the truth if it bit your arse.
That is a wicked thing to say to David  Evil or Very Mad 

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu May 08, 2014 10:15 pm

Nems wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Sorry Les  I log in post and naff off again. I forget the importance of this place and lording it for some people lol I dont have a burning desire to be in charge and declare myself an expert on every fecking thing  so if I dont answer a post it will be because I a) cant be arsed or b)
Im doing something else.
As for your last para you may be right I know plenty hate the Muslims but there is a large and respected Jewish community in Liverpool as there is Chinese, perhaps its just people dont like Muslimsand so are more sensitive and aware of everything they are trying to do.

Probably that yeah  Cool 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu May 08, 2014 10:16 pm

Sassy wrote:
David wrote:

Bloody tough.   That's the truth, seen it for ages, stop screaming like a little boy do.

This is despicable sassy, You should be ashamed.
David
David
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu May 08, 2014 10:17 pm

Sassy wrote:
Samhraí wrote:

I don't think so Sass  Rolling Eyes 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 10:18 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Nems wrote:

Sorry Les  I log in post and naff off again. I forget the importance of this place and lording it for some people lol I dont have a burning desire to be in charge and declare myself an expert on every fecking thing  so if I dont answer a post it will be because I a) cant be arsed or b)
Im doing something else.

Probably that yeah  Cool 

I reckon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 10:22 pm

Sassy wrote:
Samhraí wrote:

you are sooo wrong about David Sassy.... Crying or Very sad 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 10:26 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Sorry Victor, I'm not. It's not just this thread, some of us noticed a good while ago about David and Nems.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu May 08, 2014 10:27 pm

Sassy wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

Sorry Victor, I'm not.   It's not just this thread, some of us noticed a good while ago about David and Nems.

I'm sorry Sass but I'd be surprised if you could find even a single post by David that even remotely hinted at racism or Islamophobia.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 10:29 pm

You listen too much to didge sassy....whereby the slightest dissent becomes "racism"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 10:30 pm

Sassy wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

Sorry Victor, I'm not.   It's not just this thread, some of us noticed a good while ago about David and Nems.

Who is this mythical us?
I tell you what I have noticed and I dont need to drag others along as Im not the shit stirring control freak.

I HAVE NOTICED that for someone that has such a wonderful life and is so loved and such an expert in everything under the bloody sun, you arent half a miserable bitter and twisted old whinger.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 10:33 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:You listen too much to didge sassy....whereby the slightest dissent becomes "racism"

I don't listen to Didge at all Victor, gimmee a break! No, David and Nems will never come right out and say it, that's not their way is it? But it is insinuated over and over again. A few times could be a coincidence. Continually is a pattern.

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu May 08, 2014 10:36 pm

Sassy wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:You listen too much to didge sassy....whereby the slightest dissent becomes "racism"

I don't listen to Didge at all Victor, gimmee a break!   No, David and Nems will never come right out and say it, that's not their way is it?   But it is insinuated over and over again.   A few times could be a coincidence.   Continually is a pattern.

Well to follow your thread of thinking you are anti-Semitic!

But I am not like you sassy!

Well think what you like at least I am not a cheap shotting evil cow and I am not racist!
David
David
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 10:37 pm

David wrote:
Sassy wrote:

I don't listen to Didge at all Victor, gimmee a break!   No, David and Nems will never come right out and say it, that's not their way is it?   But it is insinuated over and over again.   A few times could be a coincidence.   Continually is a pattern.

Well think what you like at least I am not a cheap shotting evil cow and I am not racist!

No of course you're not David  Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 10:37 pm

sassy, the trouble with "insinuation" is that 90% of it is in the mind of the listener........

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 10:38 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:sassy, the trouble with "insinuation" is that 90% of it is in the mind of the listener........

No Victor, 100% of it is in the posts of the person over the course of about 6 months.

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu May 08, 2014 10:40 pm

Sassy wrote:
David wrote:

For all to see. Sassy is calling me a racist because I don't want to eat halal or kosher meat yes KOSHER sassy!
David
David
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 10:42 pm

David wrote:
Sassy wrote:

For all to see.  Sassy is calling me a racist because I don't want to eat halal or kosher meat yes KOSHER sassy!

No David, that isn't why.   And BTW, Kosher had to be dragged out of you. And you have been shown that halal is prestunned, but don't want to say anything about that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 10:43 pm

David wrote:
Sassy wrote:

For all to see.  Sassy is calling me a racist because I don't want to eat halal or kosher meat yes KOSHER sassy!

calm down david....I got called that and worse....for the same dastardly crime........

guess we will just have to be racists..and let JD tattoo us for not rolling over and playing dead.....

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu May 08, 2014 10:43 pm

Sassy wrote:
David wrote:

No David, that isn't why.   And BTW, Kosher had to be dragged out of you.

Persists and Signs unashamedly.  :asplodeas: 
David
David
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu May 08, 2014 10:44 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
David wrote:

calm down david....I got called that and worse....for the same dastardly crime........

guess we will just have to be racists..and let JD tattoo us for not rolling over and playing dead.....

Hahhahah made me smile. lol! 
David
David
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next