NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Express readers prove how thick they are.

+4
Victorismyhero
Original Quill
Syl
Andy
8 posters

Go down

Express readers prove how thick they are. Empty Express readers prove how thick they are.

Post by Andy Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:57 pm

In an online poll, over 30% of Daily Express readers  thought the Lunar landings were faked.

Just how dense are these people?
Ffs, even Trump says they landed on the moon.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1155557/moon-landing-apollo-landings-real-fake-conspiracy-neil-armstrong-buzz-aldrin-express-poll

I wonder whether Tommy Monk is an Express reader?
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Express readers prove how thick they are. Empty Re: Express readers prove how thick they are.

Post by Syl Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:04 pm

Well if Trump says so it must be true. Laughing

I wonder why no one has managed to do it since though....with all the advancement in technology over the last 50 years why has there been no further attempts to land men and women on the moon?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Express readers prove how thick they are. Empty Re: Express readers prove how thick they are.

Post by Original Quill Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:15 pm

Syl wrote:I wonder why no one has managed to do it since though....with all the advancement in  technology over the last 50 years why has there been no further attempts to land men and women on the moon?

It's expensive and pointless.  If there was gold out there, like the explorers for Spain, then they might have the incentive.

In this country right now it's healthcare.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:25 pm

With modern technology, rocket motor science and computer power, I guess  successful lunar landing is 'comparatively ' easy nowadays to what it was 50 years ago.
We don't go there because there is little to gain or learn from going there, and there is no value for money.
 Better to spend the preparing for a Mars landing and A colony in space.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:20 pm

theses moon landing deniers make me laugh and really only prove tyheir ignorance of all things mathematical and engineering.

firsly the engineering isnt so tough, beyond that required of ANY large structure/machine....if you can build a battleship you can build a rocket and the associated cabin etc (lets face it a submarine has to stand far more pressure on its hull, just from the outside rather than from inside...(hint a space craft hull can only ever have to resist ! atmosphere of pressure....DUH!!!!)
secondly the maths involved in navigating, whilst it might sting a bit if you get it wrong is not so hard either...its not even advanced maths, just the application of newtons laws of motion.....(and remembering to aim where the moon WILL be in so many days time, rather than where it is now.....OoO.....)

so whilst the "computer" on board at the time had little more power than the then exciting sinclair spectrum, it, backed by a team of lady (YES lady) mathematicians did all the work, and was all that was necessary....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:37 pm

Exactly, Vic. Every modern smartphone has 100 times the computing power of the computers they had way back then, which they used for navigation, thrust duration and oxygen consumption rates.
The race is now on between Elon Musk and NASA to plant the next man on the moon , and build a more permanent base.
Though I fail to see a reason for it.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:25 am

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:I wonder why no one has managed to do it since though....with all the advancement in  technology over the last 50 years why has there been no further attempts to land men and women on the moon?

It's expensive and pointless.  If there was gold out there, like the explorers for Spain, then they might have the incentive.

In this country right now it's healthcare.

Express readers prove how thick they are. 2708656666

The last man to walk on the moon was in 1972...

Not 1969..

https://www.space.com/20790-eugene-cernan-astronaut-biography.html
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:33 am

Andy wrote:Exactly, Vic. Every modern smartphone has 100 times the computing power of the computers they had way back then, which they used for navigation, thrust duration and oxygen consumption rates.
The race is now on between Elon Musk and NASA to plant the next man on the moon , and build a more permanent base.

Arrow

Apart from simply doing it "because they can"...

A base on the moon could be one staging post for travel to other planets (along with a couple of strategically placed space stations..).

There are other space programmes out there as well --  China, India and Europe;  and the Oz guvm'nt is currently looking at upgrading our space facilities from simply a launch site for other countries to a full-blown effort.

After the moon, next stop Mars --  whether it takes 10 years or a hundred years..

Express readers prove how thick they are. 2801164688
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:05 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Andy wrote:Exactly, Vic. Every modern smartphone has 100 times the computing power of the computers they had way back then, which they used for navigation, thrust duration and oxygen consumption rates.

Arrow

Apart from simply doing it "because they can"...

A base on the moon could be one staging post for travel to other planets (along with a couple of strategically placed space stations..).

Why bother? What’s the return?

wolf wrote:There are other space programmes out there as well -- China, India and Europe; and the Oz guvm'nt is currently looking at upgrading our space facilities from simply a launch site for other countries to a full-blown effort.

And lo, they're not building a base on the moon either.

wolf wrote:After the moon, next stop Mars -- whether it takes 10 years or a hundred years..

Express readers prove how thick they are. 2801164688

Big investment; no return. And, if you’re going to have huge tax cuts, it’s out of the question.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:57 pm

surely its better for space science to drive innovation than war?

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:22 pm

Trump wants a space army and sattelites with laser weapons.
Control of the skies.
But he is as mad as a box  of frogs.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:24 pm

Victorismyhero wrote:surely its better for space science to drive innovation than war?

Better yet, medical science begets innovation and benefits mankind as well.

Sure, the Space Program brags about the many spin-off benefits that it yields. But, being realistic, spin-off benefits come from everything. I just had open heart surgery. They no longer use stitches to sew up this foot-long incision in my chest. Would you believe it? They use a glue called Dermabond. It comes from the adhesion industry.

So invest the money in healthcare, AND have spin-off benefits. You will reap double the value.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:32 pm

Andy wrote:Trump wants a space army and sattelites with laser weapons.
Control of the skies.
But he is as mad as a box of frogs.

Trump wants anything that aggrandizes him. War means glory. So, he wants to carry war into space.

It's ironic because war shouldn't mean glory; it should mean what it is...destruction.

But once again, look how a Republican wants to spend money and drive up the deficit. As long as the rich don't pay for it—and he just got a tax cut for the wealthy. See how it works?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:19 pm

Quill, you know that Glue melts when you get in the bath , or have a shower ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:09 pm

nicko wrote:Quill, you know that Glue melts when you get in the bath , or have a shower ?

Actually, not. Here's what the site RealSelf says:

Dermabond is the most common surgical glue. It is used in some cases to seal the incision at the outermost layer of closure. It usually peels off two to three weeks following surgery.

The concern of patients is that it often doesn't come off at 3-weeks:

The glue may take a while to come off on its own, but this is not a problem. If it is still there it means it is still working. This will help keep tension off the scar while it heals and therefore produce a nicer, thinner scar,

https://www.realself.com/question/new-jersey-long-for-surgical-glue-fall

I think that permanency is one of the innovations. Anyway, if mine had failed my guts would have fallen out. I was truly drawn and quartered. They didn't, so...hooray.

cheers

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:41 pm

Syl wrote:Well if Trump says so it must be true. Laughing

I wonder why no one has managed to do it since though....with all the advancement in  technology over the last 50 years why has there been no further attempts to land men and women on the moon?

You’ll hear many reasons....but you have to ask yourself if they sound genuine.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:46 pm

It's expensive, plain and simple.

Private industry seeks profit, not goals. There's no profit in going to the moon, as I said.

The US government, at least, has other priorities. Trump is trying to do away with Obamacare, with no replacement. If he's successful, we'll have to go for simple socialized medicine...like the UK.

Nothing will happen in the US until healthcare, infrastructure and immigration are satisfied to everyone's liking. That may be a century.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:05 pm

From what you said I thought the glue was used to stick the Sternum [Bones] together, mine's held together with 3 metal staples !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:12 pm

The claim that man has only landed once on the moon is false, first and foremost. There were six moon missions between 1969-72, for starters, so if you're going to "debunk" the first mission, you have to do the other five as well.

The idea that any of the moon landings were faked just doesn't hold up to logic, though. For one thing, every TV station that carried the video footage had to aim its receiver at the moon, and not one country, not even the U.S. archrival Soviet Union, claimed to have pointed its receivers at anything other than the moon.

If the Soviet Union had any evidence, or even science, saying that the moon landings were impossible, or faked, it definitely would have come forward with it, and yet it never did.

Then there's the fact that independent scientific groups studied the rocks brought back from the moon by U.S. astronauts, compared them to chunks of the moon blasted to Earth in asteroid collisions, and confirmed they're identical. Why would they lie?

Also, other countries have done fly-over, high-resolution photography of the lunar surface, and some of them have found the sites where astronauts landed around 50 years ago. Why would they lie?

ALSO, many countries routinely bounce lasers off the mirrors that were left there by NASA in the first several manned missions to the moon. Why would they lie?

Basically, if you believe the moon landings were faked, you have to believe that lots of people from all over the world would be willing to perpetuate a lie for 50 years ... for some reason.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:22 pm

nicko wrote:From what you said I thought the glue was used to stick the Sternum [Bones] together,  mine's held together with 3 metal staples !

Yes, it's quite a job putting the body back together after breaking open the entire thorax. The organs have to be sewn or sealed, the bones reconnected and healed, and finally the top layer of fat and dermis. To my knowledge, only the top layer uses glue. But I don't have any staples after my surgery.

I imagine they used a surgical wire designed to dissolve. Post-op, they worried a lot about my use of arms and the upper body, lest I put too much stress on my sternum. That's what rehab was for.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:04 am

The Staples I have can still be seen on x-ray.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:46 am

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:Well if Trump says so it must be true. Laughing

I wonder why no one has managed to do it since though....with all the advancement in  technology over the last 50 years why has there been no further attempts to land men and women on the moon?

You’ll hear many reasons....but you have to ask yourself if they sound genuine.

Yep, there are lots of reasons given, as there are lots of conspiracy theories knocking about that the moon landings never happened.
I was listening to someone debunk the myths on local radio this week, he was an expert from Jodrell bank near me. The Jodrell bank observatory followed the spaceship and moon landings as they happened.

https://www.jodrellbank.net/20-july-1969-lovell-telescope-tracked-eagle-lander-onto-surface-moon/
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:50 am

geek

The Parkes and Honeysuckle Springs 'radio telescope' dishes tracked and relayed the radio signals for NASA  --  with the Earth and moon both being globes and the moon rotating around the Earth, Australia was in the prime position to be the first of the global network of radio-telescopes to receive those live feeds during the moon walk..

As anybody who has seen "The Dish" with Sam Neill would be aware of...

For there to have been a "conspiracy" to fake the landings, most countries, most television networks and most newspapers, all universities and astronomical societies, would have been willing co-conspirators in such a monumental hoax being carried out between the mid-sixties and 1972 onwards --  not only NASA and CBS..

With the hundreds-of-thousands of willing co-conspirators that would have involved, surely some actual evidence and witnesses would have been produced well before now ?
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:08 pm

The 30% of retarded Express readers have done it again, by stating that the Lib Debs are of no significance, despite polling between 20 and 25 in both the local and European elections.
Meanwhile, the party of their choice, UKIP, are polling at around 5%.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down