NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saying goodbye to our Queen.

4 posters

Go down

Saying goodbye to our Queen. Empty Saying goodbye to our Queen.

Post by Syl Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:46 pm

What a spectacular way to remember the longest serving, most gracious and honourable monarch this country has ever known.

From beginning to end, the pomp and ceremony, which no other country could match, has honoured her in the way she truly did deserve.

RIP Queen Elizabeth 11.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Saying goodbye to our Queen. Empty Re: Saying goodbye to our Queen.

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:27 pm

I had a few hours left on my shift when eddie messaged me to tell me the Queen had passed. It was shocking, as it had only been a few hours since we learned that she was under medical care.

I didn't know what to do. As an American in a country that was about to mourn its monarch, I had a moment of feeling profoundly out of place. Then I realised I was playing lively music in the shop, so I quickly turned that off.

I've never been any kind of avid follower of the royals like many Americans are, but Elizabeth's death did sadden me. Watching her funeral and knowing it was all happening a few miles away, rather than thousands of miles, was a bit otherworldly. I did tear up a few times.

As far as I'm concerned, I'll always mentally associate Charles with one word that was bandied about a lot back in the 80s and 90s -- "twit."
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:17 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:I had a few hours left on my shift when eddie messaged me to tell me the Queen had passed. It was shocking, as it had only been a few hours since we learned that she was under medical care.

I didn't know what to do. As an American in a country that was about to mourn its monarch, I had a moment of feeling profoundly out of place. Then I realised I was playing lively music in the shop, so I quickly turned that off.

I've never been any kind of avid follower of the royals like many Americans are, but Elizabeth's death did sadden me. Watching her funeral and knowing it was all happening a few miles away, rather than thousands of miles, was a bit otherworldly. I did tear up a few times.

As far as I'm concerned, I'll always mentally associate Charles with one word that was bandied about a lot back in the 80s and 90s -- "twit."

Hi stranger.

I think a lot of people have always regarded Charles as a bit of a twit tbh....and his wife won't be popular with half the country either....for obvious reasons.
People have long memories.

The late Queen is an impossibly hard act to follow. Whether you be a royalist or not (I'm not) she was utterly respected by the majority, both here and abroad, as the last week has proven.
Charles can never command that kind of respect and admiration, love even, from the masses.

Personally, I can't see the royals lasting much longer now the Queen has gone....certainly not in it's present format.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Ben Reilly and gelico like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:01 pm

Hola

I was in the Moon & Stars in Romford having a meal with a friend when it came on the news.

The whole pub was silent during the announcement and then they played the national anthem.

Busy eating, we stayed sitting down while every other bugger (that i could see) was standing up

it might sound a bit disrespectful but we were all expecting it and she was 96 so,,,,

I did polish of my Guinness with a 'God save the King'

and although said with the utmost irony, I thought it to be an adequate enough response

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:02 pm

gelico wrote:

Hola

I was in the Moon & Stars in Romford having a meal with a friend when it came on the news.

The whole pub was silent during the announcement and then they played the national anthem.

Busy eating, we stayed sitting down while every other bugger (that i could see) was standing up

it might sound a bit disrespectful but we were all expecting it and she was 96 so,,,,

I did polish of my Guinness with a 'God save the King'

and although said with the utmost irony, I thought it to be an adequate enough response

Toasting the king with a Guinness. That is ironic.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down