NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Windows 10 free upgrade

2 posters

Go down

Windows 10 free upgrade Empty Windows 10 free upgrade

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:12 pm

I (finally) restarted my computer a while ago and got the notice about the free upgrade to Windows 10 -- investigated it and apparently it's going to roll out in late July.

Did anybody else get this, and does anybody plan to upgrade? I'm always suspicious of new OSes ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Windows 10 free upgrade Empty Re: Windows 10 free upgrade

Post by Guest Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:17 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I (finally) restarted my computer a while ago and got the notice about the free upgrade to Windows 10 -- investigated it and apparently it's going to roll out in late July.

Did anybody else get this, and does anybody plan to upgrade? I'm always suspicious of new OSes ...
yup all windows 7/8 got it in the update

and not a chance

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:35 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:I (finally) restarted my computer a while ago and got the notice about the free upgrade to Windows 10 -- investigated it and apparently it's going to roll out in late July.

yup all windows 7/8 got it in the update

and not a chance

I tend to agree -- I guess I'm just suspicious of how integrated newer OSes are with the internet, and worry about the privacy of not just my information but my files themselves. I've even thought (in more paranoid moments I guess) about a two-computer solution -- one would be strictly for personal files and not even connect to the internet, the other strictly for web and e-mail Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:15 pm

it is a shame they are doing this forced integration crap like apple does

Adobe are doing it too, it's like why the fuck am i going to give you access to all my files so I can open a pdf???

apart from that win10 is very pretty and quite fast
takes the better parts of 8 but generally feels a bit more like win7
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down